Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 08-20-2015, 10:24 PM   #26
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
This is what you get for choosing a name with more than 3 letters ;-)

-T
Well, they could use the T and A.. then you could be TA... or T&A..
I kid...I kid... lol
Old 08-20-2015, 10:28 PM   #27
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
Oh my gosh, that's amazing.

But you might want to warn people that that page is SUPER NSFW and covered with dicks. Dicks and kinky leather toys. I haven't yet gotten over the WOOF! muzzle.
That WOOF muzzle is awesome!
Old 08-20-2015, 10:40 PM   #28
WhiteHotRazor
Time Travelling

WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My real name is Nathan so it's always been Nate, which I prefer.
Nate Dogg was what I was always called by my guy friends or Big Nate I've never really liked that one much but whatever.
WhiteHotRazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 12:11 AM   #29
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
I have decided.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq-gYOrU8bA
Please note in the beginning it took two of them to get stuck walking through a door, this is in fact lame. I can do that alone.
Well that settles it, you are made of awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSensible View Post
I don't actually have any nicknames myself I guess (aside from this "Sean boy!" thing my dad yells at me when he sees me). Sean is also a pretty tough name to truncate...

As for the username, I've been really tempted to try getting it changed, to be honest. It really is just a reference to an old 90s cartoon, but even I'm starting to find it pretentious when I see it . Similar to MsBrightside, I've seen a few people go with MrS during my time here, and yeah, I think I prefer that, heh.
You'd be surprised at the things people manage to truncate! People have occasionally tried to call my sister, Sarah, 'Sah' but to be honest if you value your life you wont try it! My brother Paul used to be known as Pablo to most of his mates, for some reason. And his best mate was 'The Big Show', after the wrestler.

Also, my sister has a sat nav setting called 'Dr Nightmare' that I always get confused with your username! I have called it everything from Mr Nightmare to Dr Sensible!
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 12:40 AM   #30
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBrightside View Post
Those are good guesses, but it's actually Ukrainian, with that forceful "h" sound (represented inadequately in English by kh) in the middle that resembles someone hawking up a glob of phlegm.
So my guess of Polish was closest. Ukrainian names really are long - alone because so many have the -enko suffix. And I can imagine how much you go through trying to teach acceptable pronounciation to mostly monolingual people.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
Agouderia - how does one pronounce your name? Mentally i say it like ah-goo-dehr-ee-ah but thats probably wrong. Ive tried to mentally shorten it but based on my mental pronounciation it would be "ah-goo" which just seems odd (some things cant be truncated as easily!)
Completely correct pronounciation Xyantha - with the 'deria' having a soft 'd' as in 'dough'.
No shortening please - because especially using only the first syllable coming from an Anglo-Saxon language background will inevitably end with something sounding like a 70's anarchist punk band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglynch View Post
I've actually mentally done this for so many of you in my head just because i'm useless at pronunciation.

agouderia - Agadoo
... which could also apply to this one.
Or it's a city in Morocco completely misspelled.
Or a rare Central American parrot....

From the semi-Greek original a common short form would be 'agoula' or as a diminutive 'agouditza'.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:59 AM   #31
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have a few different nicknames and also my given name lends itself to be shortened quite a bit as it is a bit formal sounding I think and it seems to give people trouble pronouncing it. I think because they want to say it too fast and it blends the syllables together somehow.

My given name is Roderick and I can tell if you use that name, you probably don't know me at all. I have never gone by my full name. Alot of people usually wind up saying a bastardized form of Roger. Sort of like Roger-ick.

As a kid I was called Roddy since I was a Jr. and my father went by Rod. I can tell how long someone has known me by whether or not they call me Rod or Roddy. My father went to his grave still eing called Roddy by those that new him as a child and I reckon I will too. This one also got messed up a fair bit and saw me being called Rodney quite a bit too.

As an adult I go by Rod, but that is also more often than not seen my called Ron (my father-in-law for one) or Rob many more times than people get it right and call me Rod. I even flirted with using the last part of my name as a young adult and going with Rick, but it didn't stick and in truth it didn't really fit me anyway.

Now for nicknames, I had Roddy-boy as a child, Big Roddy and as an adult Big Rod. Rowdy was another. I have one from high school that is really silly and to this day I don't know how it was come up with but it is near and dear to me and I won't share it here as only a select few use it and whenever I hear it, instantly it makes me smile and takes me back to a special time and place with good memories that I certainly would have only shared with the user of that nickname. Big Man and Big Dawg are also used fairly commonly with me, but usually those are more generic and used by aquaintances moreso than actual friends.

ETA: I almost forgot about my username here. LeoGibson, or LG as some have used. It is nowhere near my actual name, it is just the first name and the last name of two of my favorite guitar makers Leo Fender and Orville Gibson.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:59 AM   #32
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

So what do you prefer to be called here?
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 11:28 AM   #33
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post

ETA: I almost forgot about my username here. LeoGibson, or LG as some have used. It is nowhere near my actual name, it is just the first name and the last name of two of my favorite guitar makers Leo Fender and Orville Gibson.
Roderick is a pretty cool name. Not sure I've ever met anyone named similarly.

But I have to say, I'm still confused as to why you didn't choose OrvilleFender. Just rolls off the tongue. I always liked LG as a nickname for your username, but occasionally had the issue of imagining you as a smartphone.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:14 PM   #34
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
So what do you prefer to be called here?
I guess, since I don't really feel like changing my screen name, LG or Leo or any combination is fine. Although it doesn't bother me having my actual name out there either, I mean it wasn't a big secret or anything since everything else I have linked to has been in my real name. So I guess I'm saying it doesn't matter and I'll pretty much answer to anything.

Quote:
Roderick is a pretty cool name. Not sure I've ever met anyone named similarly.

But I have to say, I'm still confused as to why you didn't choose OrvilleFender. Just rolls off the tongue. I always liked LG as a nickname for your username, but occasionally had the issue of imagining you as a smartphone.
Haha. It could have just as easily been OrvilleFender, I went with the first one that came into my head at the time!

My pops told me once how his mother came up with the name Roderick. It is from a book I believe and one of the main characters was Sir Roderick, but I can't remember much else or what the name of the book was now.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:00 PM   #35
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

MrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
I Googled "Mr. S" to try and find a picture of a kids' superhero that I remembered seeing somewhere, but instead this came up as the very first listing:

ETA: After Amaranthine's warning (see below), I decided to go ahead and delete the link here. I'm afraid to think what might come up in a web search for some of our other nicknames now!
Well, curiosity got the best of me and I did a little google search of my own. Yeah... I'm cool with sticking to MrSensible .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca23v2 View Post
I love Chronotrigger. and that is where I got the name. I played every ending to that game.
My respect level has just reached its threshold.

I've only seen about maybe 4 or 5 of the endings? And what are there, like 13 or some crazy shit like that? Ah, just another reason to love the game. It really was one of the best JRPGS for the SNES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
You'd be surprised at the things people manage to truncate! People have occasionally tried to call my sister, Sarah, 'Sah' but to be honest if you value your life you wont try it! My brother Paul used to be known as Pablo to most of his mates, for some reason. And his best mate was 'The Big Show', after the wrestler.

Also, my sister has a sat nav setting called 'Dr Nightmare' that I always get confused with your username! I have called it everything from Mr Nightmare to Dr Sensible!
Ha, "Sah" -- I like that. It's not a shorter version, but I just remembered a variation that my sisters used to call me from time to time when we were kids -- "Seanny." I was never a huge fan, but I guess it's kind of cute in retrospect.

And you know, as much as the "sensible" part of my name tends to bother me, I think I'd be fairly content with DrSensible as a replacement name. That's just effing awesome, heh.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:20 PM   #36
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

MrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
I guess, since I don't really feel like changing my screen name, LG or Leo or any combination is fine. Although it doesn't bother me having my actual name out there either, I mean it wasn't a big secret or anything since everything else I have linked to has been in my real name. So I guess I'm saying it doesn't matter and I'll pretty much answer to anything.
I've always thought of you as "Leo" by default. I kind of like that name just generally I guess.

And you raise a question that I've thought about quite a few times, specifically in reference to a forum like Dims:

How do you all feel about having your real names mentioned out in the open on the boards? Are there any netiquette rules you go by (like friends can say it, but it feels kind of disrespectful if said by acquaintances that just happen to know it, etc?)

I've gotten to a first-name basis with quite a few members over the years, but I still shy away from using their names openly on the forums, unless I know they're cool with it. It's not something that would ever bother me personally, but I'm interested to hear some other opinions on that.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:30 PM   #37
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
How do you all feel about having your real names mentioned out in the open on the boards? Are there any netiquette rules you go by (like friends can say it, but it feels kind of disrespectful if said by acquaintances that just happen to know it, etc?)
I've thought of that too. A good number of people know my actual name, and anyone who knows me on Facebook knows my entire name. I don't really care if anyone uses my first name on the boards. Because it probably deserves mention: OD skillfully combined my username and real name, so if anyone wants to go with the extremely cumbersome Amaranthinanda, I would get to imagine myself as a new variety of exotic snake (at least that's what it sounds like to me.)

Personally, I would only use someone's first name if I knew it from befriending them AND I've already seen someone else use it. I'm not one for being a pioneer on these things.

Fun Fact: IRL, I hardly ever use anyone's real name. It makes me extremely uncomfortable, so I address people kind of vaguely and awkwardly. So I guess it was never a huge deal for me to figure out whether I should do it on Dims.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:38 PM   #38
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

My real name is hidden in my username, doesn't bother me much.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:04 PM   #39
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

Quote:
I've thought of that too. A good number of people know my actual name, and anyone who knows me on Facebook knows my entire name. I don't really care if anyone uses my first name on the boards. Because it probably deserves mention: OD skillfully combined my username and real name, so if anyone wants to go with the extremely cumbersome Amaranthinanda, I would get to imagine myself as a new variety of exotic snake (at least that's what it sounds like to me.)

Personally, I would only use someone's first name if I knew it from befriending them AND I've already seen someone else use it. I'm not one for being a pioneer on these things.

Fun Fact: IRL, I hardly ever use anyone's real name. It makes me extremely uncomfortable, so I address people kind of vaguely and awkwardly. So I guess it was never a huge deal for me to figure out whether I should do it on Dims.
Ha, yes! I am digging that mash-up. I think there's pretty much only one option with mine and I actually find it pretty hilarious -- MrSeansible.

And I'm with you on playing it safe. I might slip up occasionally and refer to someone with their real name, but I try to keep it in check if I don't know how they feel about it. I'm totally fine with someone referring to me with my real name though; even more so if we've had some extended dialogue.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:52 PM   #40
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm not really sure how I feel about people saying my real name on forums, to be honest. I don't mind people saying it in PMs and such when I'm talking to them, but in the 'open internet', so to speak, I feel much more comfortable going by Loopy.
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 11:59 PM   #41
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
My real name is hidden in my username, doesn't bother me much.
Wheeeere?!

Quote:
Ha, yes! I am digging that mash-up. I think there's pretty much only one option with mine and I actually find it pretty hilarious -- MrSeansible.

And I'm with you on playing it safe. I might slip up occasionally and refer to someone with their real name, but I try to keep it in check if I don't know how they feel about it. I'm totally fine with someone referring to me with my real name though; even more so if we've had some extended dialogue.
"I wanted MrSeansible!!"

I mostly play it safe, too. And I love-hate it when my curiosity gets crazily piqued by people using only the first letter of someone's real name, when they've obviously done a bit of off-board chatting. Mild mannered as I am, I get obnoxiously curious about certain things

And I don't mind people knowing/using my real name here, in the least.
Old 08-22-2015, 01:35 AM   #42
youareneverready

youareneverready can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesyouareneverready can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesyouareneverready can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

My real name usually gets shortened, except for the odd few people who refuse to (they prefer the full version, I personally don't mind either way). As for on here? No idea what you'd shorten it to! Just cut it in half one way or the other I guess? Still pretty long though.
youareneverready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 05:15 AM   #43
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

@MR. S ( )-- yes there are 13 endings. This is really the only JRPG that I really got into. Not sure why, but the others never really did or do catch my attention. The only "RPG" that I play now is Heroes Charge on my phone. To be honest it is not really an RPG, at least I don't think it is, but I find it hilarious an entertaining while bored at work.

@Leo--I would have totally changed your nick name from Rod to Hot Rod..
Old 08-22-2015, 05:21 AM   #44
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

Quote:
But I have to say, I'm still confused as to why you didn't choose OrvilleFender. Just rolls off the tongue.
Orville Fender would make me think of this...lol

Old 08-22-2015, 07:39 AM   #45
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
So my guess of Polish was closest.
Yes! A member of my family went to Poland once, and the people there didn't see anything unusual about it at all.

Quote:
Ukrainian names really are long - alone because so many have the -enko suffix. And I can imagine how much you go through trying to teach acceptable pronounciation to mostly monolingual people...
Not really; I have trouble pronouncing it myself, so I can feel their pain.

Quote:
Roderick is a pretty cool name. Not sure I've ever met anyone named similarly...
Very true.

The only Roderick I recall hearing about is the older brother from the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. He's a musician, too!

Quote:
Wish I could rep this!
------------------------
I kind of agree with Loopy about not having my first name used in its entirety on the open boards (K/Kay is fine ).

I've had a few bad experiences over the years with total strangers and first-name usage (mostly due to an old job in which I had to wear a name tag), but one of them was my fault. Someone came in during my shift wearing a huge brass belt buckle emblazoned with the name Steve. I made the mistake of addressing him by name, and he was completely dumbfounded. Him: "How did you know my name?" Me: "Uh, the giant belt buckle you're wearing with your name on it?" He ended up lurking around 2 hours past dark waiting for me to get off work. Luckily my boyfriend was waiting for me, too.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:33 AM   #46
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
I've always thought of you as "Leo" by default. I kind of like that name just generally I guess.

And you raise a question that I've thought about quite a few times, specifically in reference to a forum like Dims:

I've gotten to a first-name basis with quite a few members over the years, but I still shy away from using their names openly on the forums, unless I know they're cool with it. It's not something that would ever bother me personally, but I'm interested to hear some other opinions on that.
As the youngest of 6 and who had multiple cousins and whatnot running around as I was growing up, names mean very little to me. I'll answer to just about anything and I don't really care who uses what name at any given time. Like I posted, I can usually tell from what stage in my life someone knows me from by what name they refer to me by.

Quote:

Quote:

The only Roderick I recall hearing about is the older brother from the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. He's a musician, too!

Wish I could rep this!
------------------------
Hah! If only. I actually forgot this one, but yes, Hot Rod is another nickname I sometimes get, but it's never from chicks. Only dudes and not in a sexy way either. More in the motorsports variety!

Oh yeah, I also forgot. Being in Texas and a blue collar worker, that means a significant portion of my co-workers through the years are typically Mexican or some other Latin nationality or descent and with those vatos I'm usually called Rodrigo.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:49 PM   #47
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

Quote:
Oh yeah, I also forgot. Being in Texas and a blue collar worker, that means a significant portion of my co-workers through the years are typically Mexican or some other Latin nationality or descent and with those vatos I'm usually called Rodrigo.
Rodrigo is the spanish version of Roderick. I prefer Roderick.
Old 08-22-2015, 05:52 PM   #48
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Rodrigo is the spanish version of Roderick. I prefer Roderick.
FWIW, the historical Roderick was the last Visigothic king of Spain. He died in 711 at the battle of Guadelete, attempting to fight off the invading Moslems commanded by Tariq. I know this because I once had to review a history of the Visigothic kingdom, which is depressing unless you're really, really into court intrigue and assassinations.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:49 PM   #49
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post
Wheeeere?!

"I wanted MrSeansible!!"

I mostly play it safe, too. And I love-hate it when my curiosity gets crazily piqued by people using only the first letter of someone's real name, when they've obviously done a bit of off-board chatting. Mild mannered as I am, I get obnoxiously curious about certain things

And I don't mind people knowing/using my real name here, in the least.
You've got to be the only person on the boards that has ever figured out the reference, hehe.

For anyone wondering, I named myself after a budget-brand, cartoon television set. I'm not exactly sure why I did this, but it is what it is . I guess it's significant in the sense that it was probably my favorite episode of the show and it just stuck out as one of those awesome -- yet totally random -- nostalgic memories from my childhood. It's the little things.

Quote:
@MR. S ( )-- yes there are 13 endings. This is really the only JRPG that I really got into. Not sure why, but the others never really did or do catch my attention. The only "RPG" that I play now is Heroes Charge on my phone. To be honest it is not really an RPG, at least I don't think it is, but I find it hilarious an entertaining while bored at work.
Ha, I guessed right. And no kidding? Did you ever try playing Final Fantasy VI (it went by III here)? That's another really amazing JRPG for the era. It's not quite as pretty as CT but the story and music alone make it worth a play-through. I've been gushing about it (well, both of them actually) to Odette recently, so hopefully we'll at least have another CT fan around here before too long. I may play through it again myself in fact, just to experience another one of the endings.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:34 AM   #50
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

"Dro," of course!

My real name is John, which does not lend itself to nicknaming. Sometimes I get called "JP," which are my initials, but most people just call me John. In high school my nickname was "Belushi," for John Belushi. I strongly resembled him back then. Nobody calls me that these days.
Dromond is offline   Reply With Quote