Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 09-01-2015, 02:56 PM   #1
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default The BigChaz Milkshake / Smoothie Thread

Hello. How is everyone today? Good? Great!

Now for the important part. I got a new blender today and I am going to make a gross amount of milkshakes and smoothies.

This thread is for you guys to give me awesome recipes for milkshakes and smoothies. Thank you in advance for all of your hard work! Also, post your favorite.

Also, here is what I am drinking right now and it is delicious:

Vanilla Icecream
Peanut Butter
Banana
Nutella
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 03:12 PM   #2
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I take it no caloric or allergy restrictions?
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 03:15 PM   #3
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
I take it no caloric or allergy restrictions?
Just deliciousness!

I don't care if its healthy or terrible for me. Just tasty.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:28 PM   #4
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

To me the key thing in milkshakes is the quality of the ice cream. Cheaper ice creams have so much air and so little creaminess that once blended, you don't seem to get that proper milkshake thickness and odd bubbles.

My only other tip is that a dash of vanilla extract can help enhance a lot of flavors, not the least being chocolate.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:29 PM   #5
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
To me the key thing in milkshakes is the quality of the ice cream. Cheaper ice creams have so much air and so little creaminess that once blended, you don't seem to get that proper milkshake thickness and odd bubbles.

My only other tip is that a dash of vanilla extract can help enhance a lot of flavors, not the least being chocolate.
You are 100% correct about quality of ice cream! Especially the ones that use tons of xantham and other thickeners. It just makes a weird shake that kind of has an almost-but-not-quite gel viscosity.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:38 PM   #6
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Beer milkshake. This recipe is not how Steinbeck describes it in Cannery Row but this one actually sounds good. Completely stole this from a random blog.

1 cup vanilla ice cream
¼ cup chocolate syrup
or
just over 1 cup of chocolate ice cream (which ever you choose, make sure it's the best you can get. There's no point putting a good stout with a crummy quality ice cream)
¾ cup stout
¼ cup milk

“If a man ordered a beer milkshake he'd better do it in a town where he wasn't known.”
― John Steinbeck, Cannery Row
Old 09-01-2015, 03:42 PM   #7
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

How...dedicated are you? I have an AMAZING icecream recipe. Now, i have an icecream maker, but one COULD chill it/freeze it in blocks, and then whip it up...

It is the recipe i pull out for my chocoholics.

http://www.chow.com/recipes/28645-ri...late-ice-cream
Old 09-01-2015, 05:53 PM   #8
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
How...dedicated are you? I have an AMAZING icecream recipe. Now, i have an icecream maker, but one COULD chill it/freeze it in blocks, and then whip it up...

It is the recipe i pull out for my chocoholics.

http://www.chow.com/recipes/28645-ri...late-ice-cream
I am coming to your house to eat! You will have to push me over and roll me out the front door when it is time to go.. ala Violet Beauregard... but we all have to make sacrifices...lol

Old 09-01-2015, 06:10 PM   #9
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

The beer milkshake shall be made.

This chocolate ice cream is definitely being made this weekend. I will post pics if I remember. Someone should remind me closer to the weekend.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:27 PM   #10
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca23v2 View Post
I am coming to your house to eat! You will have to push me over and roll me out the front door when it is time to go.. ala Violet Beauregard... but we all have to make sacrifices...lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNm1kfxlNJQ
i love cooking!
Old 09-01-2015, 11:31 PM   #11
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sadly milkshakes always made me sick even before I became allergic to dairy. =( I'm going to take so much second hand enjoyment out of watching you try so many awesome sounding things though!
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:33 PM   #12
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Considering cheer colume of milkshakes he may get sick too! And or too big for his pants lol!
Old 09-02-2015, 07:47 AM   #13
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
Sadly milkshakes always made me sick even before I became allergic to dairy. =( I'm going to take so much second hand enjoyment out of watching you try so many awesome sounding things though!
This makes me sad Someone should invent a shake you can stomach!

Quote:
Considering cheer colume of milkshakes he may get sick too! And or too big for his pants lol!
Both of these things are possible / likely, haha.

On another note, I took today off work today because I need to go help a friend this afternoon. I decided to treat myself to a breakfast milkshake:

Vanilla Ice Cream
Nutella
Iced Coffee

Oh man its so good. I love being an adult.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:49 AM   #14
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
Surely you can come up with a dairy free shake recipe, loop!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2015, 09:17 AM   #15
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Just use chilled canned coconut cream ! =p
Old 09-02-2015, 09:20 AM   #16
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

I saw a thing about bananas for fake ice cream. But you have to eat it right away I think.

Remember there is always money in the frozen banana stand.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2015, 09:24 AM   #17
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

You can try soy or the lactaid sugar free ice cream.. i assume you are allergic to the lactose in the milk.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2015, 11:15 AM   #18
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm all about Strawberry milkshakes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dc74bac38c125aa4f128359026c8a5a3.jpg (46.5 KB, 167 views)
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 12:26 PM   #19
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Where's the bananas, the fresh or frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries...), the coffee (coffee or mocha shakes), caramel....
Old 09-02-2015, 12:29 PM   #20
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Perhaps this Hawaiian one?

http://www.1st-milkshake-n-smoothie-...milkshake.html
Old 09-03-2015, 02:41 PM   #21
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

I just made the stout milkshake and it's freakin awesome. I used this for the stout:
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/158/50176/

It's ridiculously good.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:54 AM   #22
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

Trip Report:

I made the chocolate ice cream Xyantha linked. It is basically frozen fudge in the form of ice cream. It has been made into many shakes and is ridiculously delicious. I am composed of nearly 80% chocolate by body weight at this point, I think.

I have also begun branching out to smoothies. I made a strawberry mango breakfast smoothie this morning. It was quite pleasant. The world of smoothies is not to be underestimated.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:59 AM   #23
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

i am glad you liked it! Although i take no responsibility for any subsequent heart attacks from consuming so much of that deliciousness!

Ill see if i can find any more in my bag of tricks.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:06 AM   #24
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

Quote:
i am glad you liked it! Although i take no responsibility for any subsequent heart attacks from consuming so much of that deliciousness!

Ill see if i can find any more in my bag of tricks.
I put you in my will, I guess I can take you out, thanks!
Old 09-08-2015, 10:30 AM   #25
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Now i feel so unloved! And after sharing my recipe too!

Btw this is the vanilla version of icecream i make. You can just chill it and eat it or use it as a basis for your other stuff.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...ce-cream-15285