Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 09-02-2015, 06:30 PM   #1
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Dims Minecraft thread

So, here we go!

Based on demand from the "if the world was no object" thread....

Dwes has been kind enough to front the TeamSpeak costs for a trial period to see how this works for us all (Thank you Dwes!!!!). I have fronted the cost for our own private server for a few months to the same end. I am just figuring out how to whitelist so that we can avoid people coming on and messing with us.

Rules:
  1. Don't be too pervy, k? A little creep we can all handle, but this isn't a pickup room and no one wants to feel weirded out. Anyone who consistently crosses the line will be booted from the server.
  2. This is a game were we share a world - please be courteous because you can destroy other people's stuff and steal from them. There will be inadvertent damage, but just let us know so we can help patch it up. This is the same as 1 - you keep messing with people and being nasty, you get booted.
  3. What happens on the Dims minecraft server stays on the Dims minecraft server. Just kidding
A Suggestion
Make your minecraft username and your teamspeak username the same as your Dims username...so that it is less confusing for us all!!

How to Setup Minecraft
  1. Download the client by going to https://minecraft.net/ and paying for the game
  2. Install everything as per the instructions
  3. Click on multiplayer > Add Server > and enter ***NOTE THIS IS PENDING****

How to Setup TeamSpeak
  1. Download the client by going to http://www.teamspeak.com/
  2. Select 'Free Download'
  3. Follow installation instructions
  4. Enter server credentials ***NOTE THIS IS PENDING****
Additional details to follow. I look forward to playing with you all, and posting a few pics of our cool world here! In the mean time, while I figure out whitelisting, please feel free to PM me for details on how to get on.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:10 PM   #2
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Ooohh bbbooyyy
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:15 PM   #3
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

MrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging in

Wow... this is actually coming to fruition?!

This is awesome, truly. I almost kind of wish I hadn't read about it because my course load this semester is pretty hectic, and I don't need this kind of temptation, heh. To be honest, I've never actually even played the game all that much. I remember starting it up, making myself a little subterranean hideaway to escape from the creatures of the night, forgetting to make light sources, and kind of screwing myself in the process . It was fun, but I think the loneliness is what started getting to me. Being able to play with people -- especially from within our own community -- sounds fantastic. Don't suppose you've thought about using any add-ons with the server? I remember reading about a ton of them that could add some pretty interesting supplemental elements to the game.

Once things start letting up a bit, I'll have to see about digging up my old account so I can at least pop in occasionally.

You guys are great for doing this, by the way.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:41 AM   #4
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oh my gosh I'm so excited! Maybe we should set up some sort of place where we can donate to the server fund? I'd be willing to donate but my knowledge of the internet and making things happen is beyond awful. Can't wait for the server to be active though! =D
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:14 AM   #5
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Lol, both as a project manager and as a person i am kind of a "lets make this shite happen!" Personality... It was funny when i was talking to my hubby about it, and he was like "do you know how to do a server...? nevermind. You're you, you'll just make it happen..." Dats right!!!

As for costs, in the short term dont worry about it. The amount of time and effort to set up an account will be hard; and it was less than $30 for three months for up to 16 concurrent (logged on at the same time) players. I cost it this way; id have ended up paying that for a two hour movie...even if i go online and no one else plays, i wold have "made my money back" in a few hours of sElf amusement. Maybe if this is successful and we build a gaming group we can rotate who covers costs - but for now, no worries on my end

We can do mods - but some are unstable - i'd have to figure it out! Btw i am creating a "welcome centre" where everyone will spawn, so you wont appear only to be blasted to smitherines (more on that later).

Btw my "normal" hour range would be EST 6pm-11pm, but if people from other timezones want to play i can shift stuff around
Old 09-03-2015, 07:10 AM   #6
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

TS server is up (I guess). Feel free to drop in and say hi.

ts53.gameservers.com:9105
password: corpulentse@l68
Old 09-03-2015, 08:48 AM   #7
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Yepyep it works! Booyah!
Old 09-03-2015, 03:09 PM   #8
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Minecraft info:

108.61.118.124:10060
Old 09-03-2015, 03:17 PM   #9
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

I will be working for a few more hours then I'll hop on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2015, 06:55 PM   #10
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Whitelisting is up! What does this mean? It means only those who I add as "safe" can get on.

No biggy!!! Just send me your minecraft username and I will add you.

This isn't to prevent any dimmers from joining - its to prevent randoms and the like from logging on and annoying/bugging us.

So please - either post your username here or PM me and I'll add you! I have to log into a stupid console to do it, so even if you are THINKING about logging in I'd rather add you in advance rather than making you wait until I am home and available
Old 09-03-2015, 09:28 PM   #11
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I think I still need to be whitelisted. After everyone logged off tonight, I tried to re-log and I'm getting kicked. Username is 'tankyguy'.

Otherwise the server is nice. We've got a good starting biome and I look forward to seeing people build up.
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:48 AM   #12
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Am I whitelisted? My username is the same as on here! So excited!
Old 09-04-2015, 04:18 AM   #13
loopytheone
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
Btw my "normal" hour range would be EST 6pm-11pm, but if people from other timezones want to play i can shift stuff around
I think that is, like. 12-6am for me here, in the UK? Unfortunately, I think the time when I tend to be awake is the time that all you guys will be at work.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:23 AM   #14
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

You should be - try and see!

I can stay up later some nights to play with you

Tankguy ill try and fix that as soon as i am home tonight!
Old 09-04-2015, 07:38 AM   #15
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Loopy... no worries. I tend to suffer from insomnia... once the busy period at work is over.. (sept 15) I will be up and playing... you will.have company

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2015, 10:25 PM   #16
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Btw here is a link to all the patterns in case people need it

http://www.minecraftinfo.com/crafting.htm
Old 09-06-2015, 12:04 AM   #17
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Here is my first minecraft screenshot! Never played before.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:33 AM   #18
loopytheone
Administrator

Hahaha, that is great! I have absolutely no idea how to take a screenshot in minecraft though!
Old 09-06-2015, 04:33 AM   #19
Crumbling
Distilled Evil

Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
Here is my first minecraft screenshot! Never played before.
A giant key... visible from space. Nice.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:27 AM   #20
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumbling View Post
A giant key... visible from space. Nice.
Key, yeah. That's it...
Old 09-06-2015, 05:28 AM   #21
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
Hahaha, that is great! I have absolutely no idea how to take a screenshot in minecraft though!
F2 I think.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:30 AM   #22
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Looks like a key to me

My place looks like my stories while a work in progress - all the hell over the place!! Should be ready for a screencap later today though...
Old 09-06-2015, 08:11 AM   #23
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Lol.. let's just call it a key. .. it is safer that way... lol. .. you are too much Dwest

Old 09-06-2015, 08:14 AM   #24
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

I could text you a picture of it, Lucca.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:16 AM   #25
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

Lol... hmmm..... decisions...decisions.....

Tags
#minecraft #onemoreblock