Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 09-16-2015, 11:49 AM   #51
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

When I was a kid and Dr. Who came on, I'd crank the volume during the theme song. Then I wouldn't watch the show. Never have watched it really.

Love that theme song though...
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:52 AM   #52
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
When I was a kid and Dr. Who came on, I'd crank the volume during the theme song. Then I wouldn't watch the show. Never have watched it really.

Love that theme song though...
Listen to some Pink Floyd Sheep and One of These Days both noteably similar baselines to Dr. Who with the sounds effects similar as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2015, 11:53 AM   #53
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
Listen to some Pink Floyd Sheep and One of These Days both noteably similar baselines to Dr. Who with the sounds effects similar as well.

I love Pink Floyd too!
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:54 AM   #54
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
I love Pink Floyd too!
They were english and kind of scifi nerds. Makes sense that they love Dr
Who.

Old 09-16-2015, 12:09 PM   #55
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

ok.. watching Dr. Who now...from the classic ones
Old 09-16-2015, 12:14 PM   #56
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca23v2 View Post
ok.. watching Dr. Who now...from the classic ones
I only started with the revival and the first new doctor was mediocre IMO. He only lasted 1 season I think. David Tennant was great and Matt Smith. New guy is decent too. Could never get into the classic episodes.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:56 AM   #57
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've got an idea.

I'm going to set up a present/prize giving/wish list type thing at spawn for everybody. It'll be set up by the end of today (my time) so please check it out then. =)

Aaaaand, Loopy's trading post is up and running! I don't have a ton of stuff but I've given everybody some presents inside the spawn building! I'll go back every day and give everybody presents when I am online.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 05:25 PM   #58
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Awesome! i got a quote from War Games when I logged into chat....
Old 09-28-2015, 10:21 AM   #59
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sorry for not being on lately, life got busy! I will try and sneak on over the next few evenings. Hope to see you guys online!
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:49 AM   #60
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

I haven't been on much either. Life is a bit hectic over here.. no rest for the weary...

Be yourself because everyone else is taken -Oscar Wilde
Old 09-29-2015, 12:19 AM   #61
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
Sorry for not being on lately, life got busy! I will try and sneak on over the next few evenings. Hope to see you guys online!
Quote:
I haven't been on much either. Life is a bit hectic over here.. no rest for the weary...
Yes! Please do guys, me and Crumbling have been trying to hold down the minecraft fort by having multiple sleep overs and near-simultaneous dying but it isn't the same without you!
Old 09-29-2015, 10:45 AM   #62
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

MrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging in

I know this is a Minecraft thread, so uh, this might be blasphemous depending on your views, but are any of familiar with a game called Terraria?

It's kind of a 2D Minecraft equivalent, but it seems to focus more on the adventuring side of things (which is personally what I'm all about.) I guess it's a poor substitute for a building game (given the whole 2D thing), but it gets pretty interesting in other ways:

I'm almost tempted to follow your example Xyantha, and make a Dim's server for this game too -- assuming there was any interest for it. Maybe for the more adventurer/combat-oriented types out there that are shitastic at building, such as myself .
Old 09-29-2015, 10:59 AM   #63
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSensible View Post
I know this is a Minecraft thread, so uh, this might be blasphemous depending on your views, but are any of familiar with a game called Terraria?

It's kind of a 2D Minecraft equivalent, but it seems to focus more on the adventuring side of things (which is personally what I'm all about.) I guess it's a poor substitute for a building game (given the whole 2D thing), but it gets pretty interesting in other ways:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nXdtDgpPeE

I'm almost tempted to follow your example Xyantha, and make a Dim's server for this game too -- assuming there was any interest for it. Maybe for the more adventurer/combat-oriented types out there that are shitastic at building, such as myself .
I'll try anything once.
Although I'm really in the mood for something simple lately
Old 09-29-2015, 01:43 PM   #64
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

Lol.. Mr. S....I am shittasic at budding as well.. I started to play.. got bored after 2 days of playung minecraft and gave the account to my nephew.. lol.. .. the game you posted seems interesting...

Be yourself because everyone else is taken -Oscar Wilde
Old 09-29-2015, 11:06 PM   #65
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

- Creepers blew up my Iron Golems.
- Cats repel Creepers

Solution: Build Cat Golems.
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 01:22 AM   #66
loopytheone
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankyguy View Post
- Creepers blew up my Iron Golems.
- Cats repel Creepers

Solution: Build Cat Golems.
I was wondering where the Iron Golem wandering around at spawn came from! =p
Old 10-01-2015, 06:44 AM   #67
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am up for new games!

Know what else keeps creepers away? Torches. Just sayin
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 06:58 AM   #68
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I am up for new games!
WildStar went free 2 play recently. I've been poking it with a stick trying to figure out how I feel about it.

Also, ARK is fun. It's like Minecraft with less mining and more running away from dinosaurs.

Quote:
I had three Iron Golems patrolling spawn area. That should have been enough to make it safe, but it looks like I'll need more!
Old 10-01-2015, 07:45 AM   #69
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I know nothing about this game, but read this recently in another forum:

Quote:
"ARK: Survival Evolved is a fantastic little Open World Survival and Crafting game that's currently in the latter stages of Early Access on Steam. The main thrust of the game is you're stranded on an island filled with Dinosaurs and other beasties that want to eat you, and to survive you need to level up, gather materials, learn to craft weapons, shelter, and other things to help you survive, and tame and ride dinosaurs.

That's right. Tame and RIDE Dinosaurs.

You can go it solo, or you can team up with other players to form tribes, and either work with other tribes, co-existing, trading, and allying with them, or you can compete with them, attacking them to steal their resources or reduce their resources."
And it sounds that, like Minecraft, you can set up your own servers (from further in the original post). If you were looking for something where you can have your own world, with some different challenges, maybe worth looking at? (I'm not involved in that game, nor Minecraft -- just passing along info)
Old 10-01-2015, 12:30 PM   #70
tankyguy

I just thought about this after I made my post; the thing about ARK is it requires a much beefier computer than Minecraft to run, and even then it's notorious for not performing well, even on premium gaming systems.

Other than that, playing it is much less forgiving than Minecraft. It's focused more on survival than creative building. You have to regulate your food, water and body temperature. There's hostile animals about night and day. When you're offline your character still exists in the world, sleeping where you left them. Meaning you can starve to death or be eaten while you're not even playing. On PVP servers, kidnapping sleeping players and putting them in a dungeon is a thing, as is harvesting them for meat.

On the other hand, working as a tribe to become established and strong enough to build automatic rifles and tame a T-Rex to ride around is rewarding.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:10 PM   #71
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

MrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
I just thought about this after I made my post; the thing about ARK is it requires a much beefier computer than Minecraft to run, and even then it's notorious for not performing well, even on premium gaming systems.

Other than that, playing it is much less forgiving than Minecraft. It's focused more on survival than creative building. You have to regulate your food, water and body temperature. There's hostile animals about night and day. When you're offline your character still exists in the world, sleeping where you left them. Meaning you can starve to death or be eaten while you're not even playing. On PVP servers, kidnapping sleeping players and putting them in a dungeon is a thing, as is harvesting them for meat.

On the other hand, working as a tribe to become established and strong enough to build automatic rifles and tame a T-Rex to ride around is rewarding.
Yeah, that's what I've read from several reviews; even the more powerful rigs seem to buckle a bit with this game. I've gotta say though, the graphics look pretty phenomenal, at least in the trailers I've seen. If there was a "try before buy" option, I'd consider giving it a shot -- if no other reason than to see how far my OC'ed i5-3570K and GTX770 could go with it.

I'm not the biggest survival fan (I'd love to see them take it in a more mmorpg-ish direction) but the more I see and hear about the game, the more intrigued I am. How is it coming along, bug-wise? I've read quite a few complaints about the state of the game being a bit iffy in that sense, but I'm not sure how recent they were.

Also, if anyone's in the mood for some dinosaur (or human, depending on your preference) hunting, but you don't want to spend more than a single dollar for the experience, Orion: Prelude is on Steam for exactly that. It's not really my cup of tea (I bought it mainly for a friend), but it's actually pretty fun in small doses. It kind of has a "Starship Troopers meets Jurassic Park" vibe to it, which is admittedly pretty charming .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
I'll try anything once.
Although I'm really in the mood for something simple lately
Quote:
I am up for new games!

Hmm, how much does the hosting for that Minecraft server run you, Xyantha? I can't lie, I really have next-to-no disposable income right now, but if the cost is negligible for a small server, I might have to look into this further. There's always the option of doing some smaller sessions using the native multiplayer in the game too (they streamlined it so it's easy to connect with friends on your Steam account.) Either way, playing alongside a few Dimsfolk would definitely bolster the hell out of the experience
Old 10-02-2015, 09:26 PM   #72
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

This is a thing now. I'm excited. I play on PC (sometimes) and PS3, but since Jon and I have once again bored ourselves of it, I won't be playing again probably for some time lol. If anyone is looking for a decent server though, it's based on reddit, and is called Spinalcraft.
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 05:40 AM   #73
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

You know.. if we are all interested in playing these games, a Venmo account can be set up where people can chip in to help pay for the costs of the servers... Just a suggestion. I am willing to help pay some of the costs...

(I just enjoy the chat part of it.. lol)
Old 10-03-2015, 09:21 AM   #74
Crumbling
Distilled Evil

Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I had three Iron Golems patrolling spawn area. That should have been enough to make it safe, but it looks like I'll need more!
Would anyone else prefer 'Mob Greifing' turned off (easily done by the server admin using the /gamerule command)

Basically all it does is prevent e.g. creeper explosions from doing damage to structures and the landscape (they will still hurt players and other mobs)

This means you don't come back and find the front wall blown off your house because someone didn't manage to outrun a creeper... or more importantly (for me anyhow) creepers and endermen don't blow holes/remove random blocks from the middle of a redstone contraption.

Then we could put some community builds together and pretty spawn up without having to worry about coming back to find it all blowed up.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:20 AM   #75
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
You know.. if we are all interested in playing these games, a Venmo account can be set up where people can chip in to help pay for the costs of the servers... Just a suggestion. I am willing to help pay some of the costs...

(I just enjoy the chat part of it.. lol)
There is another thread somewhere where there has been a Teamspeak server made that people voice chat on. THough, I've tried to join and it tells me I have the wrong password so.
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#minecraft #onemoreblock