Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 09-11-2015, 08:55 AM   #1
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Pet Peeves

A take on the whats pissing you off thread. A lot of things cause irritation or eye rolls without angering to the point of pissing one off.

Thing 1: people and holding doors. People open a door outwards (away from them) and do not cross through the threshold. Instead, they hold the door open with one arm closer to the hinges. This means you now have to try and navigate the narrow entrance without brushing against them, and it is an awkward invasion of personal space. Or, you are ahead of them and they force you to stop so they can then walk ahead of you to open the door - usually doing the former action. It's a pet peeve because it halts my progress/invades my space - and my arms are not broken or full. I am capable of doing it myself.

Thing 2: company's requiring you to enter your full mailing address upon applying for a job. With the invention of google map streetview, recruiters and potential employers now have the ability to look at my house and neighbourhood and prejudge me. Now, i live in an ok area, but have lived in less nice places. I wonder how many interviews are won or lost because of that judgement. Once you recieve an offer, sure. But why do you need my full address when i am merely applying for consideration for a position? Old habits of contacting people, perhaps...but seems out of place now.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:18 PM   #2
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

1) People that pronounce the word nuclear as nuke-you-ler. The US had a certain former president that did this a lot (way to represent!) You'd think someone who graduated from Yale would be capable of correctly pronouncing a 3-syllable word in his own native language. Also people who say "warsh" instead of "wash." I like hearing different accents, but pronouncing letters that aren't even there just seems wrong.

2) People that feel a pathological need to Reply All to big group texts and use up the tiny amount of storage on the message inbox of my non-smart phone with a plethora of pithy comments like "K," "LOL," or an emoji. Or something TMI like "We can't come because Emma has this weird toe fungus and can't wear socks for a week." Thanks for sharing! Sometimes it's nice to know who's coming to an event, but I don't really need 10 inane replies to a simple text like "Tonight's meeting is cancelled." Maybe the person who sent the message would like to confirm that it was received (in which case there's a Reply Sender option!), but the rest of us just don't care.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:32 PM   #3
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We have a thread for this already. Just in case you want to read back or whatever.

Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:37 PM   #4
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

When I'm trying to buy groceries at the store and people take their baskets with them wherever they go.

"I want cheese, so im going to go to this tiny cheese section and take the whole thing up with my cart". Ya know, instead of moving the cart back 5 feet and walking up to the fucking cheese aisle.

OH MY GOD IM RAGING JUST TYPING THIS
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:43 PM   #5
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBrightside View Post
1) People that pronounce the word nuclear as nuke-you-ler. The US had a certain former president that did this a lot (way to represent!) You'd think someone who graduated from Yale would be capable of correctly pronouncing a 3-syllable word in his own native language. Also people who say "warsh" instead of "wash." I like hearing different accents, but pronouncing letters that aren't even there just seems wrong.
I am not infrequently guilty of this, and I really have no excuse because my father worked in the nuclear industry! "Nuclear" just doesn't sound right to my tongue, so if I'm not paying attention apparently I abuse it to a more classic english flow -- i.e. 'newcewlar'
Old 09-11-2015, 02:20 PM   #6
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChaz View Post
When I'm trying to buy groceries at the store and people take their baskets with them wherever they go.

"I want cheese, so im going to go to this tiny cheese section and take the whole thing up with my cart". Ya know, instead of moving the cart back 5 feet and walking up to the fucking cheese aisle.

OH MY GOD IM RAGING JUST TYPING THIS
Huh, taking the trolley around everywhere with you is the accepted practise over here. If you leave your trolley somewhere at the end of an aisle or something then it will either get taken away or just really piss everybody off.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:14 PM   #7
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
I am not infrequently guilty of this, and I really have no excuse because my father worked in the nuclear industry! "Nuclear" just doesn't sound right to my tongue, so if I'm not paying attention apparently I abuse it to a more classic english flow -- i.e. 'newcewlar'
Nooooo, Tad! Say it isn't so!

Luckily I enjoy listening to you so much otherwise I probably wouldn't mind in your case.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:12 PM   #8
Crumbling
Distilled Evil

Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
Huh, taking the trolley around everywhere with you is the accepted practise over here. If you leave your trolley somewhere at the end of an aisle or something then it will either get taken away or just really piss everybody off.
It's a bloody nuisance here too. But, because the aisles in the shops are often barely wide enough for two people plus trolley anyhow, it's even more of a nuisance to just abandon your trolley somewhere.

That said, If you can't decide which of the 500 identical packets of mild white cheddar you want, do a lap or something while you dither so other people can get their cheese.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:12 AM   #9
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumbling View Post
It's a bloody nuisance here too. But, because the aisles in the shops are often barely wide enough for two people plus trolley anyhow, it's even more of a nuisance to just abandon your trolley somewhere.

That said, If you can't decide which of the 500 identical packets of mild white cheddar you want, do a lap or something while you dither so other people can get their cheese.
...who is buying mild white cheddar, anyway? Extra mature is obviously the way to go!

I think the worst thing about people with trolleys is when they push them in front of the reduced section and then literally nobody else can get near it.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:37 PM   #10
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

I cannot stay at someone else's place. Ever. If I visit I need my hotel room that I have ownership or rentalship of. Visit for all day, OK but not staying in a guest bedroom or anything. Maybe it's a control issue or a need for assured privacy if I desire.

Also it is very hard to dispose of the corpses without total privacy...
Old 09-12-2015, 02:45 PM   #11
MsBrightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
I cannot stay at someone else's place. Ever. If I visit I need my hotel room that I have ownership or rentalship of. Visit for all day, OK but not staying in a guest bedroom or anything. Maybe it's a control issue or a need for assured privacy if I desire.

I'm curious whether you ever go camping? You could always have your own tent!

Having a nearby woods and ground covered with leaf litter would also be convenient for any disposal issues that may arise.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:31 PM   #12
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I have a few, but I hate it when people say mines. UGH!

Unless you are speaking of a place where you get coal or gold, the word is MINE no "S".
Old 09-12-2015, 11:42 PM   #13
blackcaesarbhm

blackcaesarbhm can now change their title

My biggest pet peeves are Ohio State Buckeyes fans!!
blackcaesarbhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 01:54 AM   #14
loopytheone
Administrator

People who don't pronounce my IRL name properly.

It is five letters long. That one in the middle? That is an 's'. It is not a 'z'. Please don't say it like it is.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:21 AM   #15
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca23v2 View Post
I always thought this usage was peculiar to Mexican-Americans in East Los Angeles. Apparently it's found a home on the East Coast, too. Another quirk of speech from East LA, which I found more humorous than peevish, was using the word "little" as an intensifier for the word "small", as in "I just want a little small one."
i
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 09:43 AM   #16
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I'm curious whether you ever go camping? You could always have your own tent!

Having a nearby woods and ground covered with leaf litter would also be convenient for any disposal issues that may arise.
I've never gone camping, no. My own tent would suffice I guess. Maybe I could stay in a guest room if I brought a tent! Thanks for the idea! Leaf cover is too short term, proper disposal requires power tools and plastic sheeting. Maybe cement.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:32 AM   #17
Mordecai
The fire is coming for us

Mordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:

It is five letters long. That one in the middle? That is an 's'. It is not a 'z'. Please don't say it like it is.
My solutions are to just call people: "human", "entity", "being", "Millhouse".
Mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:20 AM   #18
MsBrightside

Quote:

Unless you are speaking of a place where you get coal or gold, the word is MINE no "S".
I must be in the clear on this one, because I'm not even sure what you mean.

Quote:

I'm glad you mentioned this, or I probably would have been one of the guilty parties. But I'm going to blame it on a certain Hanna-Barbera cartoon I grew up watching.

Quote:
I've never gone camping, no. My own tent would suffice I guess. Maybe I could stay in a guest room if I brought a tent! Thanks for the idea! Leaf cover is too short term, proper disposal requires power tools and plastic sheeting. Maybe cement.
You've never gone camping?! You should! It's fun (with the right people) and a great opportunity to explore the possibilities of campfire cooking. I may go add this to the list of things-I-want-to-do-with-everyone-if-the-world-were-no-object thread.

Although you're starting to scare me.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:30 AM   #19
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I must be in the clear on this one, because I'm not even sure what you mean.

I'm glad you mentioned this, or I probably would have been one of the guilty parties. But I'm going to blame it on a certain Hanna-Barbera cartoon I grew up watching.

You've never gone camping?! You should! It's fun (with the right people) and a great opportunity to explore the possibilities of campfire cooking. I may go add this to the list of things-I-want-to-do-with-everyone-if-the-world-were-no-object thread.

Although you're starting to scare me.
MsB.. things like..

Person 1: I purchased a new cell today.

Person 2: Nice. I am buying mines next week.

UGH!!!!!!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2015, 11:43 AM   #20
MsBrightside

Quote:
MsB.. things like..

Person 1: I purchased a new cell today.

Person 2: Nice. I am buying mines next week.

UGH!!!!!!
Thanks for the explanation, lucca! That would bug me, too, but I don't recall ever hearing anyone actually say that.

Either it's not as prevalent in the places I've lived, or else I've been in a state of blissful oblivion.
Old 09-13-2015, 02:23 PM   #21
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't know about where y'all shop, but the aisles are pretty wide here so getting around the buggies isn't too big of a deal. I know my wife takes her buggy everywhere with her because she has her purse sitting right in the child seat part and it's usually open so she can sift through her coupons and she doesn't want to leave it unattended.

Quote:

Total agreement with you about everything except the corpse disposal. As I have gotten older I no longer like to stay with other people. I'd much rather get my own room for some privacy and space.

On the body disposal though, it's much easier to go to a wetland marsh around here as this area is lousy with alligators. They'll take care of your evidence destroying needs.

Quote:

C'mon girl. You knows I gotsta get mines!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
I always thought this usage was peculiar to Mexican-Americans in East Los Angeles. Apparently it's found a home on the East Coast, too. Another quirk of speech from East LA, which I found more humorous than peevish, was using the word "little" as an intensifier for the word "small", as in "I just want a little small one."
i
I am totally guilty of this infraction.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:10 PM   #22
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

I am this way with transportation. I need the ability to flee at any moment's time! I can't do carpooling or even take a friend's car somewhere.

---

Another one for me is when people say "weary" when they mean "wary". It annoys the hell out of me for some reason. "We need to be weary of that" - Those people refuse to accept that weary means tired, not cautious.

I also have "chemical hypersensitivity" - aka I am allergic to perfumes and other chemicals (experience flushes all the way up to severe rashes and hard time breathing). When I tell people they still wear it but say, "But I am only wearing a little, you should be fine!!" and I'm like..."Oh good - let me tell the people allergic to nuts that its ok, I only gave them a 'little bit of nuts'"!
Old 09-13-2015, 03:13 PM   #23
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
"Oh good - let me tell the people allergic to nuts that its ok, I only gave them a 'little bit of nuts'"!
Xy is threatening me here! I must be vigilant and weary of her ill intent.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:24 PM   #24
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

I have enough ill intent it would tire anybody out! *hides the almond joy behind her back*
Old 09-14-2015, 12:35 AM   #25
loopytheone
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
"Oh good - let me tell the people allergic to nuts that its ok, I only gave them a 'little bit of nuts'"!
Snickers: Get some nuts. </british tv advert reference>