Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 08-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Low Carb Ideas & Recipes

Well, I went to a new Endo and he's insistent that I lower the amount of insulin I'm taking..the only real way to do that..besides exercise is low carbing it.

I've been looking at recipes online..does anyone have any that they've actually tried and liked?

You're help is greatly appreciated!

MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
sunnie1653
Happiest. Mommy. Ever. :)

sunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I have nothing to add except hugs and support, I'm contemplating doing this very same thing myself.

*hugs*
sunnie1653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:28 PM   #3
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnie1653 View Post
I have nothing to add except hugs and support, I'm contemplating doing this very same thing myself.

*hugs*
Thanks babe. I don't want to do an Atkin's type thing..and just eat hoards of meat. I want to try to do more veggies, etc.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
Sugar

Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've liked both of these.

Eggplant in Garlic Sauce

3 medium Chinese eggplants, about 1 pound
2 tablespoons chile garlic sauce
2 tablespoons thin soy sauce
2 tablespoons Chinese red rice vinegar
2 tablespoons rice cooking wine
1 tablespoon sugar
7 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup ground pork
2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
2 tablespoons finely minced ginger

1/2 cup chopped scallions
Remove the stem and trim the ends from the eggplants. Cut the unpeeled eggplants into scant 1/2-inch-thick by 2 1/2-inch-long strips. In a small bowl, combine the chile garlic sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, rice wine, sugar and 2/3 cup cold water.

Heat a flat-bottomed wok or skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking. Add 3 tablespoons oil and half the eggplant, and stir-fry 2 minutes, or until some of the eggplant begins to brown and soften.

Transfer the eggplant to a plate. Repeat with the remaining eggplant and 3 tablespoons of oil, transferring to the plate with first batch. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, pork, garlic, and ginger, and stir-fry about 1 minute, or until golden and fragrant. Return the eggplant to the wok.
Re-stir the chile sauce mixture, and swirl into the wok. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 5 to 8 minutes or until the eggplant is just tender. Stir in scallions and serve immediately

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lemon-Parsley Chicken Breast Recipe (epicurean.com)

1 roaster boneless breast
salt and ground pepper to taste
4 tablespoons melted butter or margarine, divided
1/4 cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoons minced, fresh parsley
2 tablespoons minced shallots or scallions
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lemon, thinly sliced

Preheat oven to 375F. Season breast with salt and pepper. Pour 3 T melted butter into a baking dish. Add chicken to dish and turn to coat with butter. In a bowl combine bread crumbs, parsley, shallots and garlic and spoon over chicken. Drizzle with remaining 1 T of butter. Top with lemon slices. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:50 PM   #5
Sugar

Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Baba Ghanouj

I like this with veggies.

2 1-lb eggplants, halved lengthwise
¼ c olive oil
¼ c tahini
3 T fresh lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced

Preheat oven to 375°F. Generously oil rimmed baking sheet. Place eggplant halves, cut side down, on sheet. Roast until eggplant is very soft, about 45 minutes. Cool slightly. Using spoon, scoop out pulp from eggplant into strainer set over bowl. Let stand 30 minutes, allowing excess liquid to drain from eggplant.

Transfer eggplant pulp to processor. Add olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, and garlic; process until almost smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to small bowl. (Can be made a day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.)

~~~~~~~~

This is great on salad, a good filler.

Mustard Dressing
1 heaped tablespoon wholegrain or Dijon mustard (we use Gulden’s)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
5 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt (we usually put in a little less)
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
*We sometimes add minced garlic to taste.
Mix together all the ingredients. Use sparingly – very strong flavor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you like goat cheese...

Goat Cheese Dip

Place about 4 ounces of goat cheese (size of a typical log) in a bowl and microwave for 20 seconds. Mash with a fork, then drizzle with olive oil (about twice around).
Sprinkle in your choice of herbs (I usually use a dried mix of Italian herbs or fresh basil)...amount is entirely to taste. I also sometimes add some minced garlic. Mix it all up and then drizzle the top with balsamic vinegar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marinated Green Beans

¾ lb. Fresh green beans
¼ cup red onion, chopped fine
3 cloves garlic, minced
¾ tsp salt
2 TBS olive oil
3 TBS lemon juice

Cook beans until tender-crisp. Drain. Mix still warm beans with onion, garlic, salt, and olive oil. Leave mixture at room temperature for an hour to let flavors mingle. Immediately before serving, add lemon juice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beef Brisket

4 lbs brisket
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBS ketchup
1 TBS red wine vinegar
1 TBS brown sugar
½ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 onions, thinly sliced
2 TBS flour
1/3 cup water

Place onions in the bottom of a slow cooker, then place brisket, fat side up (if it has a fat side), on top of the onions. Sprinkle garlic on top. In a small bowl, combine ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar. Rub into beef. Add enough water to cover the bottom of he cooker. Cook on low 8-10 hours.
For gravy, place brisket on dish to rest before carving. Transfer juice to a pot and cook on medium heat. Mix the flour with 1/3 cup water then add to the pot. Bring to a boil stirring frequently with wire whisk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miso-Ginger marinated salmon

¼ cup white miso
¼ cup mirin (rice sugar sauce, the grocery store will have it, so will an Asian grocery)
2 TBS unseasoned rice vinegar (or whatever kind you have)
2-3 TBS soy sauce
2 TBS minced green onions
1 ½ TBS minced fresh ginger
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
2 lbs salmon fillets (cut or whole)
salt and fresh ground pepper

Whisk together the first 7 ingredients, up to and including the sesame oil. Place salmon in a baking dish and pour the marinade over, turn to coat. Cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge. Season with salt and pepper and cook however you like. The original recipe is for grilling, but we usually bake it at around 500 degrees for about 5-7 minutes on each side until a thermometer reads 125 degrees.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #6
Sugar

I got this from All Recipes and I liked it a lot.

Souvlaki

* 1 lemon, juiced
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 3 cloves garlic, crushed
* 4 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
* 2 medium yellow onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
* 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
* skewers

1. In a large glass bowl, mix together lemon juice, olive oil, soy sauce, oregano, and garlic; add pork, onions, and green peppers, and stir to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
2. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Thread pork, peppers, and onions onto skewers.
3. Lightly oil grate. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or to desired doneness, turning skewers frequently for even cooking.

Tzatziki

I don't use Greek yogurt because it's too expensive in my mind. I just take plain yogurt and put it in a sieve with cheese cloth or paper towels as a lining and let it sit over night with a bowl under to catch the water.

* 16 ounces (2 cups) of thick Greek yogurt
* 4 to 10 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
* 1/2 cup of diced or grated cucumber (Kirby or "English")
* 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
Salt to taste

Take the grated cucumber and drain in a dishtowel so it's dry-ish. Mix yogurt and lemon then add the garlic, according to taste, and the cucumber. Stir until evenly distributed.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #7
MisticalMisty

These look great. What's the difference between oriental and regular eggplant?
Old 08-19-2009, 06:10 PM   #8
Sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
These look great. What's the difference between oriental and regular eggplant?
They are smaller and thinner, think a purple yellow squash looking thing. You can use regular eggplant...it's still really good either way.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #9
sunnie1653
Happiest. Mommy. Ever. :)

sunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
They are smaller and thinner, think a purple yellow squash looking thing. You can use regular eggplant...it's still really good either way.
That and about 2-3 bucks and hard to find in this city.
sunnie1653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:01 PM   #10
Sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnie1653 View Post
That and about 2-3 bucks and hard to find in this city.
Yeah I live in the granola capitol of the world...stores here are very well stocked with uncommon things. At our Asian store they're super cheap but I forget where you ladies are lol. Regular eggplant will work exactly the same.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:10 PM   #11
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
Well, I went to a new Endo and he's insistent that I lower the amount of insulin I'm taking..the only real way to do that..besides exercise is low carbing it.

I've been looking at recipes online..does anyone have any that they've actually tried and liked?

You're help is greatly appreciated!

I had to go on Bernstein for my diabetes. I eat very low carb but as you say most of mine come from meat, eggs, and salad. Boring as He** but my numbers never go above 120. Most of the time they are below 100. I don't take insulin and I think they are going to take me off glyburide. It works for me. I also lost about 60 pounds in 6 months if he's bugging you about weight, which mine was.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:11 PM   #12
crayola box

crayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going on

Hmm well lots of the stuff I make fits into the low carb category so i can probably come up with a few suggestions if you give some more specifics such as what kind of stuff you like, what you have available, favorite cuisines, allergies etc.

Will post actual recipes later but in the meantime
my go to side dish for almost any fish, poultry, meat dish if I am feeling lazy or am short on prep time is roasting vegetables with a little olive oil, salt, and fresh cracked black pepper. This works really well on cauliflower, brussel sprouts, broccoli, yellow squash, asparagus etc. They veggies come out nice and crispy on top ..sooo good!
crayola box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:26 PM   #13
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

This isn't a recipe as much as a meal suggestion. I started eating 2% low fat, small curd cottage cheese with some fruit in the morning for breakfast and it has helped me greatly reduce my numbers.

The cottage cheese has loads of protein and the fruit is the carb (also my only time to eat fruit mostly) and it lasts as far as hunger. Also, high in calcium.

Some of my personal combos with the cottage cheese are: watermelon chunks, mandarin oranges and red or black grapes.

If you are a bit squeamish about the "sour" taste of cottage cheese you can eat 4% lowfat (which tastes more like ricotta cheese) or to maintain some of the benefit of lowfatness, mix some 2% and some 4%.

I have also found that choosing fresh, crunchy veggies to eat with lunch also help me reduce the amount of carbs that I eat. Plus, you can wash, pre-cut and bag them up to take with you every day.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:43 PM   #14
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Just posted this in response to what's going down in the Everyday Food Pics thread, but it belongs here moreso:

Believe it or not, you can use cauliflower to make a really good rice substitute...use a blender on some raw (fresh) cauliflower until it gets into rice sized bits. Then put in a dish with a little water, cover and microwave for a couple of minutes. Took me a bit of practice to get it the right texture but it works really well with curry, chilli etc - I served it to my family with some curry dolloped over it and most of them didnt even notice they werent eating white rice. Crazy, but true!
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:35 PM   #15
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

You should check out Shirataki or konnyaku noodles! No carbs, extremely low cal and they are a decent pasta/noodle substitute. They should be available at health food stores or Japanese stores.

I also recommend the HungryGirl website. They are not a low-carb website, but they do offer good meal swaps and ideas.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #16
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingembre View Post
Just posted this in response to what's going down in the Everyday Food Pics thread, but it belongs here moreso:

Believe it or not, you can use cauliflower to make a really good rice substitute...use a blender on some raw (fresh) cauliflower until it gets into rice sized bits. Then put in a dish with a little water, cover and microwave for a couple of minutes. Took me a bit of practice to get it the right texture but it works really well with curry, chilli etc - I served it to my family with some curry dolloped over it and most of them didnt even notice they werent eating white rice. Crazy, but true!
This is true. I use them to make a mashed potato substitute and I love Scalloped Cauliflower.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:50 AM   #17
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

You can also swap out some simple carbs for complex carbs which don't mess with your blood sugar like the white stuff does. I can eat brown rice without problems and roasted sweet taters (without all that nasty goo) with a little EVOO, good salt and cracked pepper are a fine thing. No sub for mashed with milk and butter unfortunately. I've also found that the Barilla whole grain pasta isn't half bad. I did have to get rid of all the pre-packaged stuff, even the Zatarain's dammit.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:00 AM   #18
suebeehoney

suebeehoney can now change their title

hey there...check out trulylowcarb.com for some excellent free recipes and advice on the low carb lifestyle. The ladies there are great at giving advice and helping out newbies.

The site is run by Karen Rysavy of Colorado - she's been low-carbing for years and has created and converted many of her own recipes and sells her cookbooks as well.
suebeehoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #19
MisticalMisty

Thanks to everyone that's posted so far...I'm going to try the cauliflower tip and I found a recipe for a cauliflower pizza crust. I can't wait.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:17 PM   #20
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed

I just saw a woman preparing something for a raw food diet that might work for your situation, too...

She had a hand grinder tool that she loaded raw zucchini into. Came out as long, wavy spaghetti, basically. Used that as pasta. I'm sure you could steam it a bit, too.

I wish I had seen this back when I was doing Atkins, and felt very pasta-deprived.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:44 PM   #21
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

*subscribes*

I'm interested in this topic too. One recipe I know that is excellent yet a little on the pricey side is Cioppino, a seafood stew I got from Allrecipes. I made it in the crock pot and just put the seafood in at the last minute - SO good. I'm allergic to pink shellfish so I substituted with more clams and scallops and I used tilapia instead of cod. Outstanding!

Nutritional Information
Cioppino
Servings Per Recipe: 13

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 315
Total Fat: 12.9g
Cholesterol: 163mg
Sodium: 786mg
Total Carbs: 9.2g
Dietary Fiber: 1.3g
Protein: 34.4g

I've made the Slow Cooker Manly Stew and it was good too. I added peas and carrots and will probably add cauliflower next time.

Nutritional Information
Slow Cooker Manly Stew
Servings Per Recipe: 12

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 407
Total Fat: 27.9g
Cholesterol: 105mg
Sodium: 654mg
Total Carbs: 5.6g
Dietary Fiber: 0.4g
Protein: 31.4g

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~

Last edited by LillyBBBW; 08-27-2009 at 02:50 PM.
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #22
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
You should check out Shirataki or konnyaku noodles! No carbs, extremely low cal and they are a decent pasta/noodle substitute. They should be available at health food stores or Japanese stores.

I also recommend the HungryGirl website. They are not a low-carb website, but they do offer good meal swaps and ideas.
Those are actually at Safeway stores in the produce/veggiemeat section. I have had them and they're okay. A good substitute when you really want pasta without the carbs.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:53 PM   #23
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

I like spaghetti squash too with a good meat sauce and cheese.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:14 AM   #24
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Just one word here. BACON

Bacon is no-carb.

I'm a diabetic too, and symphasize with you, hun.

Jes' sayin'. . .
Old 08-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #25
Chef
Galloping Gourmet

Chef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized rep

I'm also feeling very pasta deprived. I've read that a single serving of whole wheat pasta isn't that bad.. BUT WHO ONLY EATS ONE SERVING?!?!!$@!