Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Clothing/Fashion

Old 11-16-2015, 10:06 AM   #1
BBWBecky

BBWBecky can now change their title
Default Iso underwear for bigger hips and butt

Since gaining some weight my hips and butt have been giving me trouble finding underwear that fit right. Any suggestions on what underwear would be more comfortable would be appreciated
BBWBecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:08 PM   #2
seavixen
Ditz Extraordinaire

seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Having always had major issues with my hips and thighs being much bigger than my waist, my favourite panties, by far, are the cotton string bikinis sold be Lane Bryant (Cacique). There are two elastic bands at each hip, so even if you snap one (I've broken one ever, and I've been wearing these for years and years, at sizes that were well beyond their charts), it's not a major wardrobe malfunction. They're so comfortable in comparison to other styles, for me; leg holes otherwise tend to be either confining or billowy. These can sit right where you want them without ending up with excess fabric anywhere, or pinching if they're a bit small. I think they're also the only panties I have at this point that do not fall down constantly, because of my waist-hip ratio.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:39 PM   #3
Sugar Magnolia
vmilwa :)

Sugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticed

I'm saddened to deliver this, but LB no longer makes the string bikini with the two bands on the hip. The new style totally disgusts me (lol). I wear lower rise jeans and the new style has entirely too much material in the rear. I've worn the others for years, too. They were my favorite.

"If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more."
~J. Austen's Emma
Sugar Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:47 PM   #4
seavixen
Ditz Extraordinaire

seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia View Post
I'm saddened to deliver this, but LB no longer makes the string bikini with the two bands on the hip. The new style totally disgusts me (lol). I wear lower rise jeans and the new style has entirely too much material in the rear. I've worn the others for years, too. They were my favorite.
NOOOO, seriously? I was going to get some more not long ago, and decided to wait a bit until I could grab the next bra band size down, too. I've always worn their bikinis in at least a size down. Maybe buying them too small would compensate for all the butt fabric?
Old 11-24-2015, 08:41 PM   #5
Sugar Magnolia
vmilwa :)

Sugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticed

I know! I am very bothered by this. You might be able to find the old style still in stock at one of the stores - should act on that soon, though! Good idea about sizing down due to the butt fabric. I get the smallest they carry in store, but I see they have a size smaller online. Thanks!

"If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more."
~J. Austen's Emma
Sugar Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:29 PM   #6
BigCutieChloe

BigCutieChloe does more than just post hot picsBigCutieChloe does more than just post hot picsBigCutieChloe does more than just post hot picsBigCutieChloe does more than just post hot pics

i have such a problem with this too!!! i find that I'm constantly getting huge red marks and indentation between my thighs and its so painful! the only pair I've found that works for me is the torrid lace thong and i order a size up i also like they're spandex-ish hip hugger!
BigCutieChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 06:26 AM   #7
seavixen
Ditz Extraordinaire

I've actually got some panties coming in here shortly from a couple of places, so I'll share my thoughts once I've got them!
Old 05-28-2016, 07:05 PM   #8
Awen9
On Timeout

Awen9 has said some nice things

Hi,
I have the same problem and just switched to thongs.They're sexy, and I never have to worry about panty lines.
Thanks!!
Awen9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:48 AM   #9
CassieLyons

CassieLyons has said some nice things

I usually get mine at VS, I prefer cheeky lace styles. Same with if I shop at other stores. If I don't get them at VS then I go to Nordstrom, Dillards, or Belks they have some decent ones.
CassieLyons is offline   Reply With Quote