Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 12-09-2015, 07:46 PM   #1
kittymahlberg

kittymahlberg does more than just post hot picskittymahlberg does more than just post hot picskittymahlberg does more than just post hot pics
Default Simpsons Creator a Feeder or FA?

In a discussion about feeding, someone once told me about the old cartoon "Pigs is Pigs," which involves a mad scientist sadistically feeding an anthropomorphic pig via feeding machine, until he's enormously obese and finally explodes. I looked the cartoon up on Wikipedia, and, boy, this entry alone is worth the price of admission (in a good way).

First off, the whole plot synopsis is so obviously written by an FA (FFA?) and/or feeder, that people have tagged the article as possibly not meeting Wikipedia's standards for objective tone. Here's a gem from the "Talk" page (nothing wrong with this guy's comments; he just clearly has no idea this article was probably both originally drafted and subsequently edited by people who find this sort of thing a turn-on):

"Recently, after reviewing the article again I've noticed that a lot of the material is given weight [tee, hee!] inappropriate for the subject matter. . . . I think that the main problem with the article is that it focuses too much on details that are, honestly, not particularly essential to understanding the subject matter."

Then, for more fun times, there's this statement right above the "Notes" section:

"Simpsons creator Matt Groening has gone to say on record (according to the season five DVD set audio commentaries) that the torture sequence in "Pigs is Pigs" is his favorite scene in all of animation and his inspiration for the sequence in this episode of The Simpsons ['The Devil and Homer Simpson,']."

Maybe Groening just likes it because it's creepy or weird. But honestly, I have a hard time coming up with any likely explanation for his saying it's one of his favorite scenes in all of animation. Other than his being turned on by feeding and weight gain.

Now, I didn't grow up on "The Simpsons," but I HAVE watched almost every episode of "Futurama" with my husband, and I propose a drinking game wherein you take a shot of your choice of alcohol every time some detail appears suggesting Groening may have FA leanings or an interest in feederism. Could I be seeing something that isn't there? Sure, it's possible. But honestly, when I watch the show, I feel like I've got the secret key. . . .

To get us started, there's an episode where Bender the robot sees what would happen if he became human. He parties constantly, drinks himself silly, and eats until he's insanely, impossibly enormous, whereupon he dies of overindulgence.

In another episode, Leela makes a replacement Fry robot, which explodes, according to the Professor, because she filled his tummy with too much copper wiring "to recreate Fry's adorable jelly belly."

There are MANY others, but I'm curious to see first if anyone else picked up on them.

I think I just outed someone I don't know. On the Internet.
kittymahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 02:07 AM   #2
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It definitely isn't just you. I did grow up watching the simpsons and there are so many weight gain/fat based episodes or ones dealing with food consumption. Sooomebody on the writing team obviously has a thing for it, whether it is Groening or somebody else involved.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 09:11 AM   #3
Still a Skye fan
Normalcy is overrated

Still a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging in

I just saw an old episode of THE SIMPSONS where Springfield gets crowned "America's Fattest City" so well-meaning Marge begins a crusade to get rid of all the sugar in town.

She stops at the cabin of the Hillbilly family where Cletus signs her petition and introduces her to his cousin, "Diabetty", who's naturally insanely obese, somehow using one of those ab roller wheels and scarfing a cake.

So is Groening an FA? I don't know much about the man but characters being fat, admiring fat, getting fat, etc... DO pop up on THE SIMPSONS and FUTURAMA many times.

If it's not Groening, then there must be a writer or two on staff who is.

Michelle (Read or Dream)
Still a Skye fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 05:45 PM   #4
Archetypus

Archetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized rep

I wash myself with a rag on a stick . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hqdefault.jpg (10.3 KB, 458 views)
Archetypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 02:44 PM   #5
fuelingfire

fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I watched the first 10 or so years of it. I always wondered that too. The Simpsons have touched on a lot of subjects, but when it comes to fat "humor" it was less funny and more like something that would turn on an FA/FFA. In many episodes, Homer would pet his stomach. I, in general, don't find fat jokes funny. The Simpsons never seemed to do the low brow fat jokes that you know are coming whenever you see a fat character on a sitcom.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:59 PM   #6
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think that Homer not being bothered by his weight (or terrible eating habits, or all his other 'faults') is mostly just part of the transgressive background of The Simpsons. The basic show sends up many popular cultural themes, including weight/fat/food-choices.

I don't think you need a particularly FA agenda to write most of the fat related stories, just go through the process of take any weight related news story, meme, fad, etc and turn it on its head.

All of that said, there was one episode where he and Marge are trying to rekindle their passion, and slip inside one of the structures on a mini-golf course to get kinky, and their feet are blocking where the balls go through, so people realize that something is in there, blocking things. They are reaching through the opening, grabbing handfuls of his fat and trying to figure out what they are touching. For whatever reason, I just found that ridiculously hot.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:49 PM   #7
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

He loves his spider pig....that cinched it for me.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:13 PM   #8
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

How has no one mentioned "King Size Homer" yet?

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/King-Size_Homer

It literally could have come from the Dims story forum.

(Except for the ending, the Dims version would end with Homer at 600 pounds and everyone is happy...)
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 07:07 AM   #9
fuelingfire

fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Groening might qualify as a BHM, both of his wives are thin. That lines up with male characters, on the Simpsons and Futurama, are the ones with the fat themes.

Tags
cartoons, feederism, outing, pigs is pigs, simpsons