Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 12-24-2016, 06:37 PM   #1
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Christmas Goodies and Baking

For those of us that celebrate Christmas, the food is a big part of the celebration. Many goodies being passed around at work, gifted to friends and made as a family tradition.

The sweet things I make this time of year are usually simpler fare and are more about spending time with my girls than the finished product. That being said, we have a few goodies to lay out.

A coworker brought in something she makes: peanut butter sandwiched between ritz crackers....then dipped in white chocolate. Oh my! What a treasure to find!

Needless to say I made those peanut butter crackers "cookies" but dipped them in milk chocolate instead of white. Both kinds are very good!

We also made Rice Krispy Treats- I have always found that the ones I make at home always taste so much better than the pre-made store bought kind!

Lastly, we bought a kit and made "ugly sweater cookies". It's a mix you use to make sugar cookies, cut into sweater shapes. then decorate with red and green icing (a mix for both kinds is included in the kit) and top with cutesy edible decorations (like sprinkles).

Last year we tried to make fudge...that turned hard as a rock. Apparently I need more practice in the fine art of fudge making

So please share with me, what kind of treats have you made or like to make for Christmas? Do you do a cookie exchange? Make edible gifts?

I really want to know!

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 08:31 PM   #2
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We made ugly sweater cookies too! Also a kit (from Trader Joe's) but it included the cookies, already baked.

Those cookie/crackers sound easy and yummy!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5960.JPG (101.3 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5961.JPG (149.1 KB, 52 views)
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 11:23 PM   #3
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

The ugly sweater cookies are so cute. They look like a lot of fun.

I do a lot of baking this time of year. Most of what I bake has emotional attachments although I also try new things as well. For example the dinner rolls I make, my grandma used to make every year at Christmas and she showed me how to make them.

Spending time with family and friends is also wrapped up in holiday baking, both in the making and in the sharing and eating of the special treats.

My favorite is cookie baking day. The Saturday before Christmas I get together with some girlfriends and family and we bake cookies and candy all day. Then we divide them up between us all. I really just love the comradery, friendship and family.
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 12:36 PM   #4
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post

A coworker brought in something she makes: peanut butter sandwiched between ritz crackers....then dipped in white chocolate. Oh my! What a treasure to find!

Needless to say I made those peanut butter crackers "cookies" but dipped them in milk chocolate instead of white. Both kinds are very good!
An ex GF made me a batch for Valentine's Day once except tey were dipped in fudge. They were a little bit of heaven.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 11:08 AM   #5
Kristal

Kristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
We made ugly sweater cookies too! Also a kit (from Trader Joe's) but it included the cookies, already baked.

Those cookie/crackers sound easy and yummy!!
This is sooo funny an cute at the same time.
Kristal is offline   Reply With Quote