Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 02-21-2016, 07:25 AM   #1
RVGleason

RVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 club
Default Japanese Anime with BHM and FFA

Just discovered this funny and cute Japanese anime series Ojisan to Marshmallow about an older, overweight office worker with a fixation on marshmallows and his young co-worker who has a fixation on him and uses marshmallows in order for her to seduce him.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...V7983-5W_Ct9Dz
RVGleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 07:45 AM   #2
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVGleason View Post
Just discovered this funny and cute Japanese anime series Ojisan to Marshmallow about an older, overweight office worker with a fixation on marshmallows and his young co-worker who has a fixation on him and uses marshmallows in order for her to seduce him.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...V7983-5W_Ct9Dz
Please include a trigger warning on all posts referencing anime. I find it deeply disturbing. See below.
http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...d.php?t=117474
Old 02-21-2016, 08:16 AM   #3
RVGleason

RVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 club

The subject line says "Japanese Anime". How much more clearer can it be?
Old 02-21-2016, 11:12 AM   #4
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVGleason View Post
The subject line says "Japanese Anime". How much more clearer can it be?
Haha repped you for that!
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 11:13 AM   #5
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

You people are all insensitive.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:17 AM   #6
RVGleason

Here are a few screen caps from the series.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (53.5 KB, 300 views)
File Type: png image.png (467.9 KB, 293 views)
Old 02-21-2016, 12:07 PM   #7
ouroboros

ouroboros does more than just post hot picsouroboros does more than just post hot picsouroboros does more than just post hot pics

...I thin I know my next binge show will be.
ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:26 PM   #8
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

Homeboys in Outer Space?
Old 02-21-2016, 01:44 PM   #9
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

TFW more people finally show up to the party.

I think her brother suspects something.
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:51 PM   #10
RVGleason

A couple of more screen caps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (38.4 KB, 282 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (63.1 KB, 278 views)
Old 02-25-2016, 09:47 PM   #11
RVGleason

Eighth episode.

https://kissanime.to/Anime/Ojisan-to...-008?id=123060
Old 02-26-2016, 05:18 AM   #12
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I was just glancing at the first one - its cute. Had to remind myself to turn a part of my brain off though when i was like why he hell is he trying to beat the crap out of her? Oh wait, its anime. (Don't get me wrong I like anime but it takes a certain brain set to get into it)
Old 02-26-2016, 05:35 AM   #13
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
I was just glancing at the first one - its cute. Had to remind myself to turn a part of my brain off though when i was like why he hell is he trying to beat the crap out of her? Oh wait, its anime. (Don't get me wrong I like anime but it takes a certain brain set to get into it)
Episode 6 gets really weird for that.

Episode 8 is just heartbreaking.
I hope it gets another season.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:39 AM   #14
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
Just partially off? I would need to shut down pretty much my entire frontal lobe to tolerate this. I could do it after a full frontal lobotomy. In fact, yes, when the psychiatric world finally comes to their senses, gives up on me and finally performs a much needed full frontal lobotomy, at that time please watch some anime with me right before you choke me to death with my own pillow. I'm sure I will finally be able to full appreciate it.

Anime is evil, horrid, terrible nonsense.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:07 AM   #15
tankyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
at that time please watch some anime with me right before you choke me to death with my own pillow.
Speaking of anime and pillows, they're releasing a 1.5m tall Snorlax.

It'll be going for $460 USD. I'll charge half that for the same service.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:16 AM   #16
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankyguy View Post

Sold!

Extra letters
Old 02-26-2016, 07:06 AM   #17
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
Just partially off? I would need to shut down pretty much my entire frontal lobe to tolerate this. I could do it after a full frontal lobotomy. In fact, yes, when the psychiatric world finally comes to their senses, gives up on me and finally performs a much needed full frontal lobotomy, at that time please watch some anime with me right before you choke me to death with my own pillow. I'm sure I will finally be able to full appreciate it.

Anime is evil, horrid, terrible nonsense.

It was cute. Hit on a lot of tropes we discuss here, including being thought weird by your friends and family, the object of your affection being totally clueless, etc.

The last ep was cute with the amost stabbing. Reminds me of spats with my own siblings *says with affectionate reminscing tone*
Old 02-26-2016, 07:34 AM   #18
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

You telling me we have to pay for the honour of laying on you? =p
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:02 AM   #19
tankyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
You telling me we have to pay for the honour of laying on you? =p
Every business has expenses.
Transportation, maintenance, government and municipal licensing fees, etc.
You're dealing with a professional dakimakura here.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:18 PM   #20
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm not really into anime, but I really like how life-like it is...

Because we all have disappearing eyes...sometimes...
MattB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 12:55 PM   #21
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Quote:
Every business has expenses.
Transportation, maintenance, government and municipal licensing fees, etc.
You're dealing with a professional dakimakura here.

Besides maintaining that physique isn't cheap on the food bills. Gotta offset!

Lol@matt yeah...
Old 02-26-2016, 01:07 PM   #22
tankyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
I'm not really into anime, but I really like how life-like it is...

Because we all have disappearing eyes...sometimes...
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HiddenEyes

Old 02-27-2016, 09:12 AM   #23
kittymahlberg

kittymahlberg does more than just post hot picskittymahlberg does more than just post hot picskittymahlberg does more than just post hot pics

OMG, I think I'm in love. The voiceovers stating the obvious, that live-action recipe bit.... It's almost painfully goofy, but the premise makes me happy. The bit with the pillow actually kind of strikes a chord...

I don't watch anime as a rule, but I've seen enough here and there to recognize the tropes, understand most of the cultural stuff, even pick up some words. So the formulas and humor feel simultaneously normal and still uber weird to me.

Also, after Episode 1, I now must make a trip to the asian mart. Maybe they'll have that Snorlax in stock....
Old 03-04-2016, 09:03 AM   #24
RVGleason

Episode number 9.

https://kissanime.to/Anime/Ojisan-to...-009?id=123362
Old 03-08-2016, 07:52 PM   #25
kittymahlberg

kittymahlberg does more than just post hot picskittymahlberg does more than just post hot picskittymahlberg does more than just post hot pics

Yay, Ep. 9!

I swear I am both of these girls--"triggered" by the word "normal" and still dressing up in cosplay at age 30. . . .