'Class I obese' (30-34 bmi) 1 2.78%
'Class II obese' (35-39 bmi) 7 19.44%
'Class III obese' (aka morbidly obese) (40-49 bmi) 12 33.33%
'Class IV obese' (aka hyper-obese) (50-59 bmi) 9 25.00%
Bigger than that (bmi 60+) 11 30.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2016, 12:16 AM   #26
balletguy

balletguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging in

. Almost wanna sing about it "Oh, I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know we're fat". [/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Now that is a great and funny song.
balletguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:07 AM   #27
squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by balletguy View Post
. Almost wanna sing about it "Oh, I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know we're fat". [/COLOR][/B]
Now that is a great and funny song.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking of actually sitting down and writing a full version (I once did a glasses fetish parody of Kenny Chesney's "She thinks my tractors sexy", considering doing an FA version of that too). Oh, and I haven't got it all worked out yet, but the US national anthem should end "And the land of the o-bese and the home of the (fat? round? stout? plump?)".
Old 05-04-2016, 06:55 AM   #28
balletguy

balletguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezablysoft View Post
Now that is a great and funny song.
I'm thinking of actually sitting down and writing a full version (I once did a glasses fetish parody of Kenny Chesney's "She thinks my tractors sexy", considering doing an FA version of that too). Oh, and I haven't got it all worked out yet, but the US national anthem should end "And the land of the o-bese and the home of the (fat? round? stout? plump?)".[/QUOTE]

Love it. So true
balletguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:43 AM   #29
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
My personal opinion is that once a guy has more than 25% body fat it really starts to affect his physical abilities. I know that its does for me. At 280 pounds I'm about 18% body fat. That's a size I could be happy with (about 25 pounds less than I weigh now).
That's a good point - it's not just about the total weight, but how much is fat, and how much is the underlying muscular body. You could be 280 and 18% fat, or even 10% fat, and be the same BMI as a guy who is 280 and 50% fat - and you'd look quite different, and appeal to different F/FAs.

Personally I think guys look better when they've got a fair big of muscle and bone under the fat - like a strong guy who 'let himself go'. Big guts need big shoulders and big legs, in my opinion.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:46 AM   #30
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Speaking of charts, here's one: the fatter guys were more likely to survive their first heart attacks:
http://ilovefat.tumblr.com/post/2485...l-paradox-from

Old 05-04-2016, 02:13 PM   #31
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Like others have said, it really depends on the guy. I chose Class II, although my bf is Class I and hot as all fuck.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:41 PM   #32
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
I'm loving this class system, I feel like I'm grading a bunch of extremely sexy lorries or something.
Hmm - sexy lorries??? Need to think a little more about that one.

Without being an objectophiliac (but at the same time a rather devout pacifist - I'm scared as hell of tanks since a childhood attendance of a military parade) - I do have to say that fighter jets are hot as hell. There is something to their aggressive flying phallic symbolism that almost made me swoon when visiting an air base and actually being able to inspect and touch one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat hiker View Post
Personally I think guys look better when they've got a fair big of muscle and bone under the fat - like a strong guy who 'let himself go'. Big guts need big shoulders and big legs, in my opinion.
Definitely - this is also the decisive point for me. It's not so much the weight or weight category per se, but more how it's carried and that it comes across with a certain elementary force appeal.
What is a major turn off in my book is the scrawny type with a big beer belly - it just seems unnatural and also unhealthy to me.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 01:08 PM   #33
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
Hmm - sexy lorries??? Need to think a little more about that one.

Without being an objectophiliac (but at the same time a rather devout pacifist - I'm scared as hell of tanks since a childhood attendance of a military parade) - I do have to say that fighter jets are hot as hell. There is something to their aggressive flying phallic symbolism that almost made me swoon when visiting an air base and actually being able to inspect and touch one.
Hahaha, sorry, lorries over here are sorted by weight into different classes, and you need a different type of licence to drive different classes/weights of lorries. So you can probably see the comparison there!
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:54 PM   #34
Jeannie
Connect the dots

Jeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 club

I saw that Tad picked more than one class so since I couldn't decide, I did as well. I like them all! I think I need visuals for each class to make a better decision.
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 05:53 PM   #35
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There was an option to pick more than one!?
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:37 PM   #36
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Always hated the phrase "let himself go". I've been fat since I was a little kid and have put a lot of effort into not getting fatter. Some people have to work just so things don't get worse.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:13 PM   #37
fat hiker

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Always hated the phrase "let himself go". I've been fat since I was a little kid and have put a lot of effort into not getting fatter. Some people have to work just so things don't get worse.
But then you haven't 'let yourself go', have you?

Glad to meet someone else who has to work just so things don't get worse!
Old 05-10-2016, 07:47 PM   #38
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
But then you haven't 'let yourself go', have you?

Glad to meet someone else who has to work just so things don't get worse!
Unfortunately many people can and do assume I have let myself go.

I actually don't mind working out and eating healthy. It just pisses me off that people assume I don't.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:28 AM   #39
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've told a few people: "at my one year old check-up I already weighed 32 pounds, when we were learning about weights in grade one I learned that I weighed 50% more than almost all my classmates. Honestly, that I'm only this fat is surprising -- I could so easily be so much bigger." Those few I've done this with haven't seemed to know how to respond to that -- I think they were pretty much running on a 'thin is good' script, and weren't ready for an actual discussion.

(I don't mention that I kind of like, however .... )

=================================

Maybe some people really are built to get fat -- I mean, in this community we pretty much know it. But this study on some dogs was interesting:

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-wlr042716.php

I heard it discussed with a doctor on the radio the other day, and he added some additional information that doesn't seem to show up in the summaries of the study:

- the impact of the mutation is that the dogs' bodies can't tell that they have sufficient body fat, so the feedback is always that they are too thin, and need to put on more weight. Hence they are hungry more.
- he indicated that almost no humans have the major mutation seen in some retrievers, but that there are less mutations in those genes, having more muted but similar effects. Where the body is less sensitive to the amount of fat that it is carrying, so tends to set at a higher percentage body fat before it turns off hunger.

I really wonder if I have some variation of that, because at no weight have I ever not found myself hungry for more food than I know I should have.

I also wonder if there could be epigenetic effects around the same gene, where environmental and dietary and so on factors could impact how well the gene gets expressed?
Old 05-11-2016, 12:12 PM   #40
squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
I've told a few people: "at my one year old check-up I already weighed 32 pounds, when we were learning about weights in grade one I learned that I weighed 50% more than almost all my classmates. Honestly, that I'm only this fat is surprising -- I could so easily be so much bigger." Those few I've done this with haven't seemed to know how to respond to that -- I think they were pretty much running on a 'thin is good' script, and weren't ready for an actual discussion.

(I don't mention that I kind of like, however .... )

=================================

Maybe some people really are built to get fat -- I mean, in this community we pretty much know it. But this study on some dogs was interesting:

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-wlr042716.php

I heard it discussed with a doctor on the radio the other day, and he added some additional information that doesn't seem to show up in the summaries of the study:

- the impact of the mutation is that the dogs' bodies can't tell that they have sufficient body fat, so the feedback is always that they are too thin, and need to put on more weight. Hence they are hungry more.
- he indicated that almost no humans have the major mutation seen in some retrievers, but that there are less mutations in those genes, having more muted but similar effects. Where the body is less sensitive to the amount of fat that it is carrying, so tends to set at a higher percentage body fat before it turns off hunger.

I really wonder if I have some variation of that, because at no weight have I ever not found myself hungry for more food than I know I should have.

I also wonder if there could be epigenetic effects around the same gene, where environmental and dietary and so on factors could impact how well the gene gets expressed?
Sounds plausible. I've always had a problem with being hungry, when I was little I'd wake my mom up for "breakfast" at 3 am lol.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:13 PM   #41
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
There are epigenetic effects at numerous genes that favour weight gain in humans (eg. loss of imprinting disorders on c15) and other species (eg. rats with constituitive expression of agouti protein), and there is also evidence for epigenetic inheritance related to weight/blood pressure/insulin production (one of many summaries: http://www.pnas.org/content/105/44/17046.long).
Old 05-11-2016, 01:14 PM   #42
squeezablysoft

I will actually get sick if I go to long without eating, I mentioned it here and someone said it might be because I'm addicted to sugar (which I totally am).

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...d.php?t=119265
Old 05-11-2016, 01:37 PM   #43
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
There are epigenetic effects at numerous genes that favour weight gain in humans (eg. loss of imprinting disorders on c15) and other species (eg. rats with constituitive expression of agouti protein), and there is also evidence for epigenetic inheritance related to weight/blood pressure/insulin production (one of many summaries: http://www.pnas.org/content/105/44/17046.long).

I love when you talk that dirty talk
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 02:00 PM   #44
squeezablysoft

Then there is this from about 16:46-18:25
I was really surprised when he said a normal person can eat and then not want to eat again for 6-8 hours, is this really normal y'all? Cause I had lunch around noon, a snack at 3, and since a little after 4 my stomach has been trying to eat itself. And dinner is still an hour away.

Last edited by squeezablysoft; 05-11-2016 at 02:01 PM. Reason: apparently I can spell "prosciutto" (on another site) but not "is"
squeezablysoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 03:35 PM   #45
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezablysoft View Post

I was really surprised when he said a normal person can eat and then not want to eat again for 6-8 hours, is this really normal y'all? Cause I had lunch around noon, a snack at 3, and since a little after 4 my stomach has been trying to eat itself. And dinner is still an hour away.
I don't know -- I almost always finish meals still hungry, and just have to use a mix of habit and willpower to stop eating. I don't really stop being hungry very often
Old 05-11-2016, 03:52 PM   #46
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Everybodies metabolism and body works differently. I have some friends who easily go 6-8 hours between meals and are perfectly happy and content like that. They eat a handful of big meals a day and that works for them.

Me, on the other hand, I need to eat all the time. I get very low blood sugar if I dont eat for more than a couple of hours at a time.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 04:31 PM   #47
bigmac

If I'm busy I can get buy with eating once a day (usually lunch). When I've bored I snack.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:26 PM   #48
squeezablysoft

Quote:
I don't know -- I almost always finish meals still hungry, and just have to use a mix of habit and willpower to stop eating. I don't really stop being hungry very often
Me too, especially now because of the ppl I live with now. When I DO get to be full it's the most wonderful feeling though. I'm looking forward to getting that feeling (oh, autocorrect you're so funny, "feeding" indeed!) more often when I go to college.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:29 PM   #49
squeezablysoft

Some days I can go most of the day and other times I start wilting every couple hours. The unpredictability just makes it more annoying.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:50 PM   #50
squeezablysoft

Quote:
Do you ever have trouble falling asleep at night because you're hungry, even though you've supposedly had enough (or more than enough) calories for the day? I REALLY hate that.