Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 06-12-2016, 02:29 PM   #1
Fishstick1111

Fishstick1111 has said some nice things
Default Big and "Tall"

It always bugs me when I see a t shirt I like(because I'm picky) and they don't offer it in a tall size.

I stand 6'2, 300lbs. So I feel like im on the edge of regular shirts being too short, Also my belly has grown a bit and it makes the shirts cover less down below because of that.

Anyone have suggestion's on where to find T-Shirts that are not only XL but "Tall Size" as well? (Usually 2 inchs longer then standard tees).

I hate when stores list size's of items, e.i: Size chart says Big&Tall is "x" inch's longer then regular, but they never even mention the length to begin with, just all the other measurements nobody cares about.

I've done jcpennys for a while and they offer decent tall items, but I need more selection. I should also mention I like dark colors, black mostly.

If anyone would like to share their experiences shopping for big and tall related items, please do!
Fishstick1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:06 PM   #2
SammyGregory

SammyGregory has said some nice things

Have you tried online shopping? I have the opposite problem..plus sized and super short (and can't hem my clothes to save my life). I find there are more details about lengths and sizes online and so it's easier for me to shop there. Also, other department stores may have tall sections as well.
SammyGregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:05 PM   #3
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yes, I have this problem too. I'm 6'4" and 295 lbs. Pants are not much of a problem since I don't have particularly long legs (44 X 32 jeans and khakis are pretty easy to find). 3X or 4X tall shirts are indeed much harder to find. One place that does have these is Burlington Coat Factory (yesterday I got a nice short sleeve button-up cotton shirt in size 3X tall for $16.99).
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:11 PM   #4
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

If you got bucks the upscale department store Dillard's has a good big and tall section with a good selection of items that are both big and tall. They have frequent sales and when their merchandise is marked down 70% it's almost affordable.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:09 AM   #5
SammyGregory

SammyGregory has said some nice things

I know JcPenny has tall, regular, and short sized Jeans so they may have tall sized shirts as well? I have the opposite problem, I'm short so shirts tend to be tooo long for me!
SammyGregory is offline   Reply With Quote