Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-10-2006, 02:35 PM   #1
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Gettin' likker'd up

This time of the year, for some reason I start looking fondly at the little bottles of various liqueurs and thinking... hmmmm... I should try that. Sometimes a wee dram warms up the body and mellows the soul on a stressful, chilly autumn day. Medicinal purposes, you understand.

So today, while getting some Grand Marnier for a chocolate mousse recipe my daughter is making, I was looking at this stuff called Drambuie and started wondering about it. Has anyone tried it? What's it taste like? Also, are there any liqueurs you like?

Here are some of my favorites:

Barenjager: a honey liqueur, which is SOOOO good, like drinking honey, with a kick.
Goldschlager: has a nice, warming, cinnamon taste
Kahlua: goes great in coffee

Things I would like to try:

Drambuie
Absinthe
Frangelico

Anyone want to share their favorites? Or maybe dare me to try something I haven't even thought of?
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 02:55 PM   #2
moonvine
Queen of Contempt

moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Drambuie tastes like Nyquil.
I like Chambord, a raspberry liqueur.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:52 PM   #3
SparklingBBW
What's new pussycat?

SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Drambuie does not taste like Nyquil LOL

Vickie, you are a woman after my own heart. I am a big fan of liquoers (even if I can't spell the word), especially in coffee drinks. Drambuie is pretty strong, but it goes down so smooth and warm. It's potent when sipped by itself but leaves a wonderful feeling going down. If you're a Scotch drinker, they make a drink called a Rusty Nail, which is Scotch and Drambue, and it's a pretty potent drink, and probably an acquired taste (as is Scotch for that matter).

Frangelica is hazelnut flavored and also very good as are Baileys and Khalua (Irish creame-type flavors). Usually what I've done in the past is check out dessert coffees on the menus (menii?) at restaurants to get an idea of if I like something before I get a bottle...heck, who am I kidding? I usually don't keep liquor in the house and tend just to get it when I go out. I think it was the Longhorn Steak House where I had one that was like warmed butterscotch, but I think that was a combo of a couple liquoers as well as coffee.

The best one I ever had was on a cold December night when I went out to the local BBW club. I asked the Bartender if he had any special coffee drinks, and he said he had one but that it cost 9 dollars. I said, "Nine dollars?!!! What's in it?" I tell ya, I can't remember exactly, but it was 4 different shots, I think Baileys, Frangelica, Drambue and maybe Godiva Chocolate. I tell ya, I was talking funny in 20 minutes, it was soooo smooth and delicious (and potent) :-) Good thing I ordered it early and had plenty of time to sober up before heading home LOL.

Anyway, my advice is to get little airplane-sized bottles and try them out, mix and match, have some fun with it. I'm sure you'll find something that you'll find simply divine on that cold, winter night.

Oh yeah, I just remembered, I do have a bottle of peppermint Schnapps, which I add to hot cocoa and stir with a candy cane...also very yummy. I recommend drinking this with your sweetheart while watching "It's a Wonderful Life" in front of the X-mas tree. I fell in love the first time I did that....that durn man seduced me, he did, with that drink and movie :-)

Hugs, Gena
SparklingBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:08 PM   #4
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thanks Gena and Moonvine.

That mention of Chambord reminded me of a trip to Benihana. I had a Chambord laced saki drink that was awesome!

I'm definitely going to do as you suggest, Gena, get little bottles and try stuff. We hardly drink at all, so probably little bottles will last forever. The bottle of Barenjager I have has lasted three YEARS, and I have several bottles of wine for special occasions that we haven't opened yet. Burtimus is the scotch drinker, but we both loved the Isle of Skye in Scotland, where Drambuie's from, so we HAVE to give that a try.

Any suggestions as to what to do with the leftover Grand Marnier I've got?
Old 09-13-2006, 01:25 AM   #5
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

We may have talked about this in Portland Vickie, but I like Frangelico and any chocolate liquor over ice for dessert. It's like a liquid candy bar. I also like to make chocolate buttercream frosting (the uncooked kind) with Frangelico instead of the milk.

I don't like licorice so the Drambuie and Absinthe are out for me (is Absinthe even legal in the US?), but I like to use the Gran Marnier in cream cheese frosting or saute some sliced fruit (peaches and nectarines mostly, but I would think it would work with things like strawberries and bananas too) in a little butter and then add a sprikle of brown sugar and a splash of GranMa. Eat plain or over ice cream.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:56 AM   #6
Fyreflyintheskye
☯tae kwan donut champ☯

Fyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie

That mention of Chambord reminded me of a trip to Benihana. I had a Chambord laced saki drink that was awesome!

I'm definitely going to do as you suggest, Gena, get little bottles and try stuff. We hardly drink at all, so probably little bottles will last forever. The bottle of Barenjager I have has lasted three YEARS, and I have several bottles of wine for special occasions that we haven't opened yet. Burtimus is the scotch drinker, but we both loved the Isle of Skye in Scotland, where Drambuie's from, so we HAVE to give that a try.

i put it on ice cream (chambord)... usually vanilla lol. Not the vanillin-flavored crap but ice cream made with real vanilla. kimball's farms has the nicest ice cream I can find anywhere. i like their german chocolate cake the best. i could die happy eating that. I'm sure of it
Old 09-13-2006, 03:58 AM   #7
Fyreflyintheskye
☯tae kwan donut champ☯

Fyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday
We may have talked about this in Portland Vickie, but I like Frangelico and any chocolate liquor over ice for dessert. It's like a liquid candy bar. I also like to make chocolate buttercream frosting (the uncooked kind) with Frangelico instead of the milk.

I don't like licorice so the Drambuie and Absinthe are out for me (is Absinthe even legal in the US?), but I like to use the Gran Marnier in cream cheese frosting or saute some sliced fruit (peaches and nectarines mostly, but I would think it would work with things like strawberries and bananas too) in a little butter and then add a sprikle of brown sugar and a splash of GranMa. Eat plain or over ice cream.
no, it's not legal here. you can find the newer, much less potent absinthe in canada, though. anthony bourdain's episode on this when he was in paris is worth watching.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:30 AM   #8
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie
Why yes, as a matter of fact I do!

Grand Marnier Oranges

(Quantites will vary depending on how many oranges you have, how big your container is)

Make a simple syrup (boiling equal parts white sugar and water). Add Grand Marnier to taste.

Take some navel oranges. Cut off the peels, exposing the orange flesh underneath. Then cut thick slices , say 1/2 - 3/4" thick, so you have orange rounds. Layer them all in glass bowl, or jar. Cover with the syrup mixture and let chill for at least a day.

Serve...this makes a delightful desert after a heavy meal. Also, if you put this into a glass bowl, and add a few fresh cranberries for color, this makes a specatular buffet type desert for the holidays.

Try it Vicki, you'll like it!

janelle
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 12:57 PM   #9
Miss Vickie

Oh my gosh, all of these ideas are marvelous! I can't wait until my next stretch off from work so I can try them. (I'm extremely careful about not drinking at ALL when I have to work the next day).

Yay for likker!!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 06:38 PM   #10
Esme

Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Drambuie is divine!

Frangelico is divinerer!

As mentioned, absinthe is absent in the US, so I've never tasted it. Some day, perchance.... MMM!
Esme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:46 PM   #11
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

Absinth reaction:

1. Getting too drunk to stand
2. Getting alcohol poisening and something that looked like a blood clot on my eye
3. Projectile vomiting when trying to drink said drink from hell.
4. Never being able to go near absinth, pernod or sambuca ever again.

HORRIBLE STUFF.
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:29 PM   #12
ThisIsMyBoomstick

ThisIsMyBoomstick has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm
Absinth reaction:

1. Getting too drunk to stand
2. Getting alcohol poisening and something that looked like a blood clot on my eye
3. Projectile vomiting when trying to drink said drink from hell.
4. Never being able to go near absinth, pernod or sambuca ever again.

HORRIBLE STUFF.
Funny, i drank absynth when i went to germany..... chugged it, and it didn't do a thing
ThisIsMyBoomstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:37 PM   #13
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyBoomstick
Funny, i drank absynth when i went to germany..... chugged it, and it didn't do a thing
Mind you on number 2 I had had 2/3 of a bottle of tequilla and half a bottle of absinth. argh i was so ill
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:38 PM   #14
ThisIsMyBoomstick

ThisIsMyBoomstick has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm
Mind you on number 2 I had had 2/3 of a bottle of tequilla and half a bottle of absinth. argh i was so ill
oh, THAT explains it! shew.. tequila @_@; you must have been so sick you were literally green!
ThisIsMyBoomstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 08:08 PM   #15
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

After about my 10th drink tonight, I saw this, and it was extremely funny, probably more so to me, than you!

Alien Urine Sample

Ingredients:
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 08:09 PM   #16
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Sex in the Desert

Ingredients:
Old 12-30-2006, 08:09 PM   #17
missaf

Sex with the Captain

Ingredients:
Old 12-30-2006, 11:45 PM   #18
collegeguy2514
Duke of Deli Meats

collegeguy2514 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokescollegeguy2514 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

i just stick to beer. i love it. it loves me. in fact, it loves me so much, it hugs me tight around my waist, and stays there.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:08 AM   #19
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

Oy. Me too.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:03 AM   #20
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
This time of the year, for some reason I start looking fondly at the little bottles of various liqueurs and thinking... hmmmm... I should try that. Sometimes a wee dram warms up the body and mellows the soul on a stressful, chilly autumn day. Medicinal purposes, you understand.

So today, while getting some Grand Marnier for a chocolate mousse recipe my daughter is making, I was looking at this stuff called Drambuie and started wondering about it. Has anyone tried it? What's it taste like? Also, are there any liqueurs you like?

Here are some of my favorites:

Barenjager: a honey liqueur, which is SOOOO good, like drinking honey, with a kick.
Goldschlager: has a nice, warming, cinnamon taste
Kahlua: goes great in coffee

Things I would like to try:

Drambuie
Absinthe
Frangelico

Anyone want to share their favorites? Or maybe dare me to try something I haven't even thought of?
When I was a young lad in high school I was a waiter at a tony restaurant. On week nights I would always volunteer to be the "closing" waiter because I didn't need much sleep and tips always got bigger after midnight (we were open til 2AM). The closing bartender took a fraternal liking to me and began offering me a small shot of a different drink every night after we closed. One night it was Drambuie and he served it to me in the "traditional" way. You pour it into a pony glass and light it with a match, then pronounce a toast, often to some departed hero or comrade, then blow it out and toss it back. Unfortunately his explanation took place after the lighting and before the tossing. Even when that interval is brief you don't want the glass to come into contact with your lips. Mine did. The bilateral blisters on my lips looked like twin chancre sores. The next day I began growing a mustache and have had one ever since.

Drambuie, btw, is a wonderful scotch based liqueur (which I stll enjoy) and has a very hallowed history. You must try it!
Old 12-31-2006, 10:26 AM   #21
Kimberleigh
gardening, mostly.

Kimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Drambuie is magnificent stuff - it's a whiskey liqueur, with herbs and is yummmmmmmmy! and RustyNails with Scotch (preferrably a nice single malt) is the way to go.

Frangelico is divine! and in my house, sipped from brandy snifters, after being gently warmed

Gran Marnier is used liberally with strawberries in the summer, and drank with expresso in the winter.

Amaretto is another favorite, and if you want calories with a righteous buzz, try an Amaretto Mafiosio.

Heat an ounce of Amaretto very gently til quite warm. Add a shotglass full of half and half or if you really want to go large, heavy cream. Serve in a rocks glass with a sprinkle of nutmeg.
An Italian restaurant we used to eat at in Germany then frothed the whole thing with the steam from the expresso maker, but it's not necessary. It really is like the Mafia - smooth, but likely to hit you with a hammer.
Utterly delicious.
Kimberleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 02:19 PM   #22
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberleigh View Post
Drambuie is magnificent stuff - it's a whiskey liqueur, with herbs and is yummmmmmmmy! and RustyNails with Scotch (preferrably a nice single malt) is the way to go.

Frangelico is divine! and in my house, sipped from brandy snifters, after being gently warmed

Gran Marnier is used liberally with strawberries in the summer, and drank with expresso in the winter.

Amaretto is another favorite, and if you want calories with a righteous buzz, try an Amaretto Mafiosio.

Heat an ounce of Amaretto very gently til quite warm. Add a shotglass full of half and half or if you really want to go large, heavy cream. Serve in a rocks glass with a sprinkle of nutmeg.
An Italian restaurant we used to eat at in Germany then frothed the whole thing with the steam from the expresso maker, but it's not necessary. It really is like the Mafia - smooth, but likely to hit you with a hammer.
Utterly delicious.
wowow I am SO going to buy Amaretto to try that, it sounds heavenly! I love Amaretto but Im not so keen on Drambuie. I find it too harsh and too herby. What I utterly adore more than anything, is Glayva. I hate whisky but I love this warm, golden rich sweet whisky liqueur. The taste is pure heaven. It contains herbs, oranges and honey. But you can't taste orange or honey ( I hate honey!) its just ... lovely! I don't know if you can buy it in the US, it's not even so easy to find here sometimes, always available at Christmas though http://tinyurl.com/y2rary
Attached Images
File Type: jpg glayva.JPG (16.7 KB, 62 views)
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:21 AM   #23
Miss Vickie

Ruby, my Scottish friend swears by Glayva. She keeps promising me a sip from her stock (it's very hard to get here in the US, particularly in Alaska -- you have to special order it) but so far I haven't sipped that particular nectar.

In the meantime, I'm going to get some Drambuie. It really sounds like something I'd enjoy.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:57 AM   #24
SocialbFly
I am keeping Tina!

SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default yummy

thank you all for sharing those recipes, i am always looking for new things to try....
SocialbFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:19 PM   #25
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
Ruby, my Scottish friend swears by Glayva. She keeps promising me a sip from her stock (it's very hard to get here in the US, particularly in Alaska -- you have to special order it) but so far I haven't sipped that particular nectar.

In the meantime, I'm going to get some Drambuie. It really sounds like something I'd enjoy.

Oooh best of luck with the drambuie, please post and let me know if you like it! I imagine Glayva could be bought online - I managed to post a bottle to Las Vegas once, but then a friend tried and it was caught at Customs, I guess everything is checked more carefully nowadays.
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote