Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 09-05-2016, 05:19 PM   #1
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Big guys and clothes shopping

Hey guys, what is your personal style like and what are your favourite clothing stores?

Any recs for affordable basics for someone in the say, 6XL range?

FFA input welcome too of course.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 05:32 PM   #2
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
Hey guys, what is your personal style like and what are your favourite clothing stores?

I've found stuff on Amazon by searching like "7xl shirt".

Otherwise:
Up to 6x, good quality
http://casual-male-big-and-tall.dest...nd-tall-store/

Up to 8x, variable quality
http://www.kingsizedirect.com/

My go to for dress shirts
http://www.davisbigandtall.com/
Old 09-05-2016, 06:43 PM   #3
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

http://www.destinationxl.com/mens-big-and-tall-store/

Their commercials are pretty corny though

Old 09-05-2016, 06:44 PM   #4
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Oh geeze, you already listed DXL Dwes

Although this may be a good "sticky" thread, as Im sure several BHM/FFAs have questions on where to shop for Big and/or Tall mens.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:58 PM   #5
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitislove View Post
Their commercials are pretty corny though
2/10 - not enough fats.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 01:57 PM   #6
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

DXL is alright for ordering online. In the store, they only go up to 60" waist.
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 03:12 PM   #7
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
2/10 - not enough fats.
This!

And 2 more complaints regarding the DXL commercial - and in logical consequence their business approach.

1) If they want to advertise their clothes, can't they at least tailor the presented outfits so they actually fit and flatter their (slightly heftier) models??
Like sports coats in the right proportional length? Or pants legs that don't look like potato sacks??

2) With their 'character switch' they're insinuating that BHMs all have the intellectual make up of simplistic pre-pubertarian boys.
Do they honestly think a big guy who dresses in a business suit envisions himself in a Superman cape???

Imo it's an example for the poorly veiled 'fat makes you imbecile' agenda - which alone would be a reason for me to boycott the store.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:29 AM   #8
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Walmart now has 4X Fruit-of-the-Loom tee shirts and 3X Hanes underwear. They also have socks for guys with size 13 to 15 feet.

They usually have a few (not many) things in tall sizes in their stores -- go online for a much wider selection of tall sizes.

I really hate to give Walmart my money but sometimes they are the only place to get basics without spending a fortune.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:36 AM   #9
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Burlington Coat Factory stores usually have decent Big and Tall sections (they have nice stuff cheap up to 6X and 4XLT). I've got lots of nice button up 3XLT shirts there.

Most of their stuff has a fair bit of vanity sizing going on. The 3XLT shirts I've bought are bigger than 4X shirts elsewhere. I also got a nice pair of Levis jeans at Burlington that say they're a size 42 -- they fit loose and let me tell you I don't have a 42 inch waist (more like 46 inches).
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 12:10 PM   #10
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post

Cors! You're back!

(I have nothing useful to add)
Old 09-08-2016, 05:04 PM   #11
ShakesSphere

ShakesSphere can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesShakesSphere can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesShakesSphere can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I enjoy visiting DXL with my lady. All the clerks are FFA's and it's her one chance to meet up with FFA's in real life.
But their clothes are too small. I pretty much get everything from King Size online.
ShakesSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:29 PM   #12
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
2/10 - not enough fats.
Completely agree. The commercials always disappoint
Old 09-21-2016, 09:18 AM   #13
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Burlington Coat Factory stores usually have decent Big and Tall sections (they have nice stuff cheap up to 6X and 4XLT). I've got lots of nice button up 3XLT shirts there.

Most of their stuff has a fair bit of vanity sizing going on. The 3XLT shirts I've bought are bigger than 4X shirts elsewhere. I also got a nice pair of Levis jeans at Burlington that say they're a size 42 -- they fit loose and let me tell you I don't have a 42 inch waist (more like 46 inches).
Vanity sizing - not just for expensive women's clothing anymore!
Old 10-12-2016, 03:45 AM   #14
escapist
Belt Buster!

escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm a DXL guy. Be ready to drop some $$$ though. It's not cheap I'm a top tier member and even with the free stuff it gets me I still pay around $100 for some cheep jeans after alteration. Custom fitted stuff is really the way to go through. I'm tempted to have some of my 7x's resized now that I'm back down in the 400's yet again.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:10 PM   #15
freakyfred
\_(O_o)_/

freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

For UK and Ireland, http://www.4xl-menswear.co.uk/ is pretty damn good.
Prices are realistic. Saw another fat men store selling a flannel shirt for 80 euro yeeeech
freakyfred is offline   Reply With Quote