Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Archives > Hyde Park (Archive Only)

Old 10-13-2016, 01:55 PM   #51
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leishycat View Post
And I must say I agree with bigmac. Hate must be confronted, or it becomes the status quo.
I generally feel the same way about misinformation.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:59 PM   #52
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post
And one other thing...infracting people for reacting inappropriately? Seriously? Are we in grade school again? Another reason people have left this site.
The purpose is to maintain a civil (to the extent possible) discussion space.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:02 PM   #53
CleverBomb
On Space Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deven View Post
There comes a point where you are wasting your time. I've been on this board 8 years, and I've realized that arguing with either deli or bio is a futile effort and keystrokes better spent elsewhere on people that actually want to debate.

Let them spew their hate because you are just wasting your own time trying to defend your position because they literally don't care to change theirs at all. They are not open to seeing anything else. They are the ones that are on the wrong side of history.
See my comment about misinformation. I'm not expecting them to change their minds, I'm trying to ensure that what they put out here doesn't stand unopposed.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:20 PM   #54
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post
I generally feel the same way about misinformation.
Yes, quite.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:16 PM   #55
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
And one other thing...infracting people for reacting inappropriately? Seriously? Are we in grade school again? Another reason people have left this site.
Screaming Chicken, I've been modding the board for six years. You know what I infract for and why.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:21 PM   #56
Magpie
girly face

Magpie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMagpie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMagpie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

What I don't get is how conservative members can get away with lying through their teeth and not get infracted, yet whenever decent people call them out on it we do. It doesn't seem right.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:26 PM   #57
Sculptor

Sculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
It wouldn't be so bad if you could show evidence and they give you credit for a fair point, but rebutt with something of their own.

Nope. They just tell you that you are flat out wrong or stick fingers in their ears. Or refuse to link sources.

Like, a sex trafficking thread from a few years ago. I bet if I necroposted this thread with this link, and the outcome would be the *exact* same way, despite the fact that these men lured this women with the chance at emigration and a better life than they had in Bangkok. It would end with me being frustrated because multiple links NEVER satisfy them.
Yeah, I just ignored one of them. Yours is a perfect example... kudos.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:28 PM   #58
Sculptor

Sculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
It went quiet due to fatigue. Tired of the pissing, moaning, whining, complaining, shit slinging, grandstanding etc. Yeah, some people seem to feed off of that sort of thing but most folks can only take so much of it.

And the problem isn't just the right side of the aisle either.

Gosh, I just need a lot more of that rep juice today.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:54 PM   #59
ditzygirl

ditzygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesditzygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesditzygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

All the shit slinging was enough to get me to leave.
If you want to talk hate both sides were horrible.
It seemed the mod sided with everyone but Bio and deli.
All the arguing was pointless
Old 10-18-2016, 09:45 PM   #60
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
It wouldn't be so bad if you could show evidence and they give you credit for a fair point, but rebutt with something of their own.

Nope. They just tell you that you are flat out wrong or stick fingers in their ears. Or refuse to link sources.

Like, a sex trafficking thread from a few years ago. I bet if I necroposted this thread with this link, and the outcome would be the *exact* same way, despite the fact that these men lured this women with the chance at emigration and a better life than they had in Bangkok. It would end with me being frustrated because multiple links NEVER satisfy them.
Its interesting that ultra right wing folks have their articles of faith and lefties do too. Trump supports just know voter fraud and urban violence are rampant. Many lefties just know sex trafficking is likewise everywhere. Both sets of people let their fears form their beliefs. Trump supporters extrapolate from tidbits of information regarding voter roll problems and shootings in Chicago. Lefties extrapolate from police press conferences where petty arrests are puffed up into major conspiracies (interesting how certain folks one day believe everything cops are selling and the next day vilify them). When push comes to shove there are precious few convictions for either voter fraud or sex trafficking in this country (not saying these things aren't both a problem elsewhere). The world is full of real problems -- no need for anyone (conservative or liberal) to create phantom ones.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:12 AM   #61
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditzygirl View Post
All the shit slinging was enough to get me to leave.
If you want to talk hate both sides were horrible.
It seemed the mod sided with everyone but Bio and deli.
All the arguing was pointless
It looks as though you have a total of 5 posts on Dimensions, so it makes it challenging for me to understand how you can tell how the mod operates. (That's me, by the way. Hello.)

I refer you to my State of the Forum thread, which I inaugurated in January, breaking down the numbers of warnings and infractions per frequent posters.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:48 AM   #62
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Don't think our resident conservatives are going to have much to say after the 3rd debate -- too embarrassed.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:34 PM   #63
DELIMAN092262

DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Don't think our resident conservatives are going to have much to say after the 3rd debate -- too embarrassed.
The only thing embarrassing is there are people that plan to vote for Hillary Clinton. For example, you will note she never disputed the accuracy of the exposed e-mails. The ones where African-Americans and Hispanics were put down. The ones where millennials were said with contempt. Etc …

The best she could say was they were “hacked.” As though that makes them untrue.

For example, if documents were hacked from a large corporation that showed company executives knew the company was dumping toxic waste in the environment. Should the public be more concerned about the dumping or the fact the company was hacked?

These exposed e-mails show just how reckless and dangerous Hillary Clinton and the people around her really are.

Question: Should we in the public be surprised that the biased MSM can't be bothered to cover the exposed e-mails?
Old 10-21-2016, 12:29 AM   #64
CleverBomb
On Space Out

The public might be more concerned. The corporation would sue the living daylights out of the hackers and anyone who dared to publish them. A sufficiently large corporation might well succeed, if only through intimidation. A sufficiently connected one could get such a leak to be a national security matter (Terrorism!) and have the whole thing classified.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:47 PM   #65
DELIMAN092262

DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
The public might be more concerned. The corporation would sue the living daylights out of the hackers and anyone who dared to publish them. A sufficiently large corporation might well succeed, if only through intimidation. A sufficiently connected one could get such a leak to be a national security matter (Terrorism!) and have the whole thing classified.
That would never happen. Imagine if Exxon Mobil was accused of dumping toxic waste from one of their refineries into the Mississippi River. This story was published in the New York Times based on hacked Exxon Mobil documents on the front page, above the fold on their Sunday paper. Do you seriously think the paper would release the name of their source so Exxon Mobile could sue them? In fact, the NYT would welcome a lawsuit. They would be protected by the First Amendment and Exxon Mobil would be too busy fighting investigations by government agencies.

Back to the point in the thread; what is in the damning e-mails is what is important. How they were obtained less so.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:26 PM   #66
CleverBomb
On Space Out

So, you're ok with Russian hackers trying to meddle in our election process? You'll note that they haven't released any Republican or Trump campaign emails, despite the Trump campaign using unpatched (and unpatchable; the software is no longer supported) servers.

On the other hand, they did get into the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) website and skimmed credit card data for half a year...

That should make you wonder.

Though for what it's worth, pretty much all of the leaked campaign emails show nothing more than the inner workings of a tough and focused -- but human -- campaign staff. It'd be really interesting to get that kind of transparency into the Republican Party.

Actually, that's the key to all of this. We know some of this stuff about Sec. Clinton and her campaign from sources legal and not -- and it seems like a big deal because she (and earlier, her husband) are the only ones who have had to endure this kind of scrutiny. What's missing is a frame of reference. Would Mr. Trump's email cache look worse? Or that of Sen. Cruz, Speaker Ryan, or Majority Leader McConnell? We have no idea, because we haven't seen them!
Old 10-23-2016, 11:46 PM   #67
ditzygirl

ditzygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesditzygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesditzygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

As far as the hacker claims go is it not possible its whistle blowers in the democrat party leaking the info and sending the emails to Wikileaks?
Just a thought.
Trump said the P word OK I get that but how can you dismiss all the dirt on HRC.
Even if 1/2 the dirt on HRC is true still that is more than enough reason she is not right for this country.
Not to mention all the dirt surfacing on the Clinton foundation and how they have skimmed money off of the tragedies in Haiti ?
The evidence is mounting everyday on HRC and yet some still defend her and her actions I find that so strange.
If I were a staunch democrat I would be embarrassed frankly.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:37 AM   #68
DELIMAN092262

Quote:
So, you're ok with Russian hackers trying to meddle in our election process?
OK, with it? The real question is, are the e-mails genuine? If yes, what do the say about Hillary Clinton and the people in her campaign?
Quote:
Though for what it's worth, pretty much all of the leaked campaign emails show nothing more than the inner workings of a tough and focused -- but human -- campaign staff. It'd be really interesting to get that kind of transparency into the Republican Party.
No actually they show people with high contempt for the voters they are attempting to attract to the Clinton campaign.
Quote:
Actually, that's the key to all of this. We know some of this stuff about Sec. Clinton and her campaign from sources legal and not -- and it seems like a big deal because she (and earlier, her husband) are the only ones who have had to endure this kind of scrutiny. What's missing is a frame of reference. Would Mr. Trump's email cache look worse? Or that of Sen. Cruz, Speaker Ryan, or Majority Leader McConnell? We have no idea, because we haven't seen them!
Maybe Hillary Clinton should ask her “good” friends the Russians? (Sarcasm!)
Old 10-24-2016, 11:38 AM   #69
CleverBomb
On Space Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELIMAN092262 View Post
OK, with it? The real question is, are the e-mails genuine? If yes, what do the say about Hillary Clinton and the people in her campaign?
You think that it's acceptable for foreign powers to meddle in our political process for their own advantage, as long as it benefits your party.
Quote:

No actually they show people with high contempt for the voters they are attempting to attract to the Clinton campaign.
I look forward to the "tell-all" insider stories from Trump campaign operatives. Keep in mind that non-disclosure agreements tend to get voided if the signer gets stiffed on their paycheck... It's a pity we're not getting that information up front though.

Quote:
Maybe Hillary Clinton should ask her “good” friends the Russians? (Sarcasm!)
Well, if Democrats were as fond of using the Legislative Branch to go after their opponents as Republicans have been, she's got a nearly 70% chance (per current polling) of being in a position to ask a friendly Senate committee to look into that.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:37 PM   #70
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

Quote:
As far as the hacker claims go is it not possible its whistle blowers in the democrat party leaking the info and sending the emails to Wikileaks?
Just a thought.
Trump said the P word OK I get that but how can you dismiss all the dirt on HRC.
Even if 1/2 the dirt on HRC is true still that is more than enough reason she is not right for this country.
Not to mention all the dirt surfacing on the Clinton foundation and how they have skimmed money off of the tragedies in Haiti ?
The evidence is mounting everyday on HRC and yet some still defend her and her actions I find that so strange.
If I were a staunch democrat I would be embarrassed frankly.
The Department of Homeland Security has said it was a hack and someone has already been arrested. It hasn't been proven in a court yet but I doubt they would waste so much time if they weren't fairly confident it wasn't a mere leak.
I don't think you do get it. It isn't that he said "pussy", he already used that word in a different context - accurately describing Ted Cruz/Reek - last year and no one really cared. It's that he bragged about sexual assault and numerous women have said that he wasn't just talking and he actually did that to them.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:44 PM   #71
ditzygirl

What man hasn't boasted about sexual stuff none would be my guess so thats a moot point and not really relevant because women are just as bad they just don't talk as loud.
Homeland security actually arrested someone over the hack? Glad to see they are doing something other than sitting on their thumbs but who's to say that person isn't a plant/patsy/fall guy put there by the DNC.
OK so they have the guy that hacked supposedly so why are more wikileak emails coming in daily?
The veritas videos are pretty damning and all the voter fraud cases popping up all over the country pointing to the DNC, but yet oh thats just a conspiracy claim by right wing nut jobs?
Really that many instances are not just a little bit suspect?
Where in the past the FBI would be kicking ass and taking names but no they have proven to be colluding with HRC.
She is corrupt and everybody all over the world knows it but still none of you seem to care.Why is that?

I vote my conscience not by party.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:50 PM   #72
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
What man hasn't boasted about sexual stuff none would be my guess so thats a moot point and not really relevant because women are just as bad they just don't talk as loud.
Homeland security actually arrested someone over the hack? Glad to see they are doing something other than sitting on their thumbs.
OK so they have the guy that hacked supposedly so why are more wikileak emails coming in daily?
The veritas videos are pretty damning and all the voter fraud cases popping up all over the country by the DNC but yet oh thats just a conspiracy claim by right wing nut jobs?
Really that many instances are not just a little bit suspect?
Where in the past the FBI would be kicking ass and taking names but no they have proven to be colluding with HRC.
She is corrupt and everybody all over the world knows it but still none of you seem to care.Why is that?

I vote my conscience not by party.
What is it like to be so afraid of the society you live in that you believe that it's all rigged against you and your beliefs?
Old 10-24-2016, 03:00 PM   #73
ditzygirl

Whats it like to be part of a group of people that are too clueless to realize they are being played by a criminal
Not rigged LOL thats funny.
Prove to me that its not rigged.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:33 PM   #74
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Whats it like to be part of a group of people that are too clueless to realize they are being played by a criminal
Not rigged LOL thats funny.
Prove to me that its not rigged.
Could ask you the same thing... but it's pretty pointless because you wouldn't believe it.

I mean, at least Trump's being tried on November 28th. Farther than anyone gets with Hillary.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:22 PM   #75
ditzygirl

Deven so its OK if Hillary commits crimes?
Not OK for anyone else?
I'm sure Trump hasn't committed acts of high treason like Hillary.