Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Archives > Hyde Park (Archive Only)

Old 10-14-2016, 03:18 AM   #1
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!
Exclamation Election Post: Read and Comment

Please comment on this post so that I know who has read it. Thank you.

We are now three weeks away from the elections and it's getting ugly in here, y'all. The election season notice I posted a couple of weeks ago is having seemingly no effect.

1. I don't like to infract anybody. Infractions tend to go up this time of year because of what posters say. I refer you to my State of the Forum post from January, in which I calculated a year's worth of infractions in Hyde Park, and guess what: the most visibly liberal posters and the most visibly conservative posters got about the same number of infractions.

2. If you've been on HP a while, you will know that I have no tolerance for posts that complain about certain persons getting away with anything.

3. No one may call another poster deplorable, stupid, or disgusting. At least not without being infracted.

4. Everyone in this forum is over 18. Vote.

5. Please, please, please -- think before you post... erase ... restrain yourselves... remember that all of this is just words on a page.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:43 PM   #2
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Questions:
1. What is the standard of proof needed to factually designate someone as behaving/writing in a manner consistent with Sec. Clinton's description in her "basket of deplorables" phrase? Or is that framing completely off limits?

2. Are posters authorized to ironically use the term "deplorable" in self-reference?

3. Is the adjective "deplorable" completely off limits in and of itself?
Old 10-14-2016, 03:27 PM   #3
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Checking in.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:29 PM   #4
ALS Again

ALS Again can now change their title

I have read and agreed!

Also: can you please unban my previous user name? Even though I was temporarily banned in February, the infraction lift date was listed as January 2016. I will now be using this username, but I would like to be able to access Dimensions from my other computer (whose IP address is apparently banned).
Old 10-14-2016, 05:02 PM   #5
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

OK -- I'll do my best -- but some of the recent revelations are just too good not to go to town on -- I willingly accept any resulting infractions.

Looks like voting this year is going to take an entire afternoon. There are 22 ballot measures on my California mail in ballot (bloody thing barely fit in the mailbox).
Old 10-14-2016, 10:20 PM   #6
DELIMAN092262

DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS Again View Post
I have read and agreed!

Also: can you please unban my previous user name? Even though I was temporarily banned in February, the infraction lift date was listed as January 2016. I will now be using this username, but I would like to be able to access Dimensions from my other computer (whose IP address is apparently banned).
Welcome back.
Old 10-15-2016, 03:29 AM   #7
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!

Dear ALS Again, please PM Admin regarding user names. That's above my pay grade.

Given where the last thread referencing it went, I think we'd better take "deplorables" off the table.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:59 AM   #8
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Beautiful Dreamer View Post

Given where the last thread referencing it went, I think we'd better take "deplorables" off the table.
I really liked describing Trump as the "Great Orange Deplorable." Sort of an evil version of the Great Pumpkin.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:52 AM   #9
DELIMAN092262

DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
I really liked describing Trump as the "Great Orange Deplorable." Sort of an evil version of the Great Pumpkin.
jYet, I recall when comments were made about Hillary Clinton's orange pantsuit, which looked like a prison jump suit; there were allegations of sexism and hate since she was being judged on her appearance.

Another example of that double standard. It is “OK” in the view of some to belittle and mock Republicans over their appearance. (Like with that naked Trump statue.)

But, it is “hateful” to do the same to Democrats.
Old 10-15-2016, 10:31 AM   #10
bigmac

Sorry, but Trump's own behavior opened the door. He's fair game.
Old 10-15-2016, 01:22 PM   #11
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

Quote:
1. I don't like to infract anybody.
Old 10-16-2016, 11:18 PM   #12
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

Checking In.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:28 AM   #13
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELIMAN092262 View Post
jYet, I recall when comments were made about Hillary Clinton's orange pantsuit, which looked like a prison jump suit; there were allegations of sexism and hate since she was being judged on her appearance.

Another example of that double standard. It is “OK” in the view of some to belittle and mock Republicans over their appearance. (Like with that naked Trump statue.)

But, it is “hateful” to do the same to Democrats.
Really? Really? Making fun of a candidate's outfit is NOT the same as criticizing a candidate who says he can grab women by the pussy. The Clinton campaign had nothing to do with the Trump statue. Does anyone really believe that Trump wasn't leading the charge in making fun of the pantsuit?

And there is a larger underlying issue, which is that only female candidates seem to be teased and scrutinized for their outfits and appearance. Sara Palin was roasted for spending large amounts of money on nice outfits for the campaign trail, but no one took McCain to task for his probably expensive suits and ties.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:40 AM   #14
ALS Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELIMAN092262 View Post
Welcome back.

Thanks!
Old 10-17-2016, 11:41 AM   #15
ALS Again

Quote:
Dear ALS Again, please PM Admin regarding user names. That's above my pay grade.

Thanks, I'll send you a pm.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:38 PM   #16
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Really? Really? Making fun of a candidate's outfit is NOT the same as criticizing a candidate who says he can grab women by the pussy. The Clinton campaign had nothing to do with the Trump statue. Does anyone really believe that Trump wasn't leading the charge in making fun of the pantsuit?

And there is a larger underlying issue, which is that only female candidates seem to be teased and scrutinized for their outfits and appearance. Sara Palin was roasted for spending large amounts of money on nice outfits for the campaign trail, but no one took McCain to task for his probably expensive suits and ties.
This is an argument against interest from me, but...

Mr. Trump's Improbable Hairstyle has suffered no small degree of mockery.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:06 AM   #17
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

Now, that's true. I will flat out give you that one.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:31 AM   #18
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

How about "deplorable" hairstyle..

Sorry, sorry ban on the word deplorable.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:43 PM   #19
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

Honestly, some days I thin it would be easier to bathe rabid lemurs.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:10 PM   #20
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Actually, "bathing rabid lemurs" is a good description of what you already do here.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:13 AM   #21
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

I was hoping no one would notice that.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:07 PM   #22
DELIMAN092262

Quote:
Really? Really? Making fun of a candidate's outfit is NOT the same as criticizing a candidate who says he can grab women by the pussy.
It's been said the cover up is worse than the “crime.” Hillary Clinton knows all to well how boorish some men can be. She is married to one. Even after a “sample” of her husbands DNA was left on a blue dress of one of Bill Clinton's bimbos; she was still covering for him. Spoke of some “vast right-wing conspiracy.” Actively engaged in destroying her husband's accusers.

So where is the poof of the charges against Donald Trump? Hillary Clinton has agreed with some women's activist that claim any accusation of sexual misconduct must automatically be believed by a woman.

Except, when the target of the accusations is her husband.

So, where is the proof beyond the she said and he said?
Quote:
The Clinton campaign had nothing to do with the Trump statue. Does anyone really believe that Trump wasn't leading the charge in making fun of the pantsuit?
Actually, the Clinton campaign was just as involved in the statue; as the Trump campaign was involved in the “prison” pantsuit.

Only someone unable to step back and look at both examples without bias would agree with your post.
Quote:
Was Hillary Clinton compared to a slut? Sarah Palin was. For that she was reluctantly given a weak forced apology. Was her underage daughter accused of being “knocked up?” Again, a weak force apology.

Was David Letterman ever sanction by woman activist? No!
Old 10-21-2016, 12:35 AM   #23
CleverBomb
On Space Out

For all the fuss being made here about Sec. Clinton's alleged actions toward women that President Clinton was apparently involved with, I'm not seeing any comment whatsoever on Mr. Trump's wife's attacks against the women who have come forward with allegations that her husband sexually harassed or assaulted them. If one is wrong, so is the other (or vice versa).
Old 10-22-2016, 07:50 PM   #24
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post
For all the fuss being made here about Sec. Clinton's alleged actions toward women that President Clinton was apparently involved with, I'm not seeing any comment whatsoever on Mr. Trump's wife's attacks against the women who have come forward with allegations that her husband sexually harassed or assaulted them. If one is wrong, so is the other (or vice versa).
But don't you know the difference between legitimate claims and liberal conspiracy?
Old 10-22-2016, 08:57 PM   #25
DELIMAN092262

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post
There is a big difference. Hillary Clinton along with several female staffers were part of what the right-wing press called the “bimbo patrol.” It was common knowledge that Bill Clinton was a serial womanizer. It was their job to minimize the political embarrassment that these women could bring to Bill Clinton. They hired private investigators to search for “dirt” on these woman. This embarrassing material was then released to “friendly” members of the media and to Bill Clinton's public “attack dogs” like James Carville. All designed to discredit them.

For example, after Paula Jones accused Bill Clinton of sexual misconduct; they found out she lived in a trailer park. So to discredit her Carville said “If you drag a hundred dollar bill through a trailer park, you never know what you will find.”

The point; there is no comparison between Mrs. Clinton and Mrs. Trump.