Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Archives > Hyde Park (Archive Only)

Old 10-28-2016, 03:56 PM   #26
DELIMAN092262

DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS Again View Post
The posts by the banned member sound classic. In what thread did she post so that I can read these likely-entertaining posts?
Below are all of her posts. I must note that none of them were infracted by the moderator. I thought it took three unresolved infractions to be on time-out or one major infraction like changing quotes to be banned. Which is not the case here.

Did the rules change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditzygirl View Post
Guitar playing/music.
Shooting sports/hunting and fishing.
4 wheeling I enjoy too.
Knitting and quilting as well.
Quote:
I do love eating a lot in public just to see the faces on people.
Maybe sit in a booth I am really to fat to actually fit in so my belly spills over the top.
Just have fun with it.
Quote:
Totally adorable.
Quote:
Why are you upset they left ?
Quote:
All the shit slinging was enough to get me to leave.
If you want to talk hate both sides were horrible.
It seemed the mod sided with everyone but Bio and deli.
All the arguing was pointless
Quote:
As far as the hacker claims go is it not possible its whistle blowers in the democrat party leaking the info and sending the emails to Wikileaks?
Just a thought.
Trump said the P word OK I get that but how can you dismiss all the dirt on HRC.
Even if 1/2 the dirt on HRC is true still that is more than enough reason she is not right for this country.
Not to mention all the dirt surfacing on the Clinton foundation and how they have skimmed money off of the tragedies in Haiti ?
The evidence is mounting everyday on HRC and yet some still defend her and her actions I find that so strange.
If I were a staunch democrat I would be embarrassed frankly.
Quote:
What man hasn't boasted about sexual stuff none would be my guess so thats a moot point and not really relevant because women are just as bad they just don't talk as loud.
Homeland security actually arrested someone over the hack? Glad to see they are doing something other than sitting on their thumbs but who's to say that person isn't a plant/patsy/fall guy put there by the DNC.
OK so they have the guy that hacked supposedly so why are more wikileak emails coming in daily?
The veritas videos are pretty damning and all the voter fraud cases popping up all over the country pointing to the DNC, but yet oh thats just a conspiracy claim by right wing nut jobs?
Really that many instances are not just a little bit suspect?
Where in the past the FBI would be kicking ass and taking names but no they have proven to be colluding with HRC.
She is corrupt and everybody all over the world knows it but still none of you seem to care.Why is that?

I vote my conscience not by party.
Quote:
Whats it like to be part of a group of people that are too clueless to realize they are being played by a criminal
Not rigged LOL thats funny.
Prove to me that its not rigged.
Quote:
Deven so its OK if Hillary commits crimes?
Not OK for anyone else?
I'm sure Trump hasn't committed acts of high treason like Hillary.
Quote:
No I am not a troll because they are under 4'5" I'm 5'4".
After all the stuff that has come out on Hillary and all her cronies taking the 5th under congressional scrutiny screams guilty and trying to cover their ass.
If all that had been on Trumps shoulder you would be screaming to high heaven and you know it.
The world can see right thru her but for some reason lying to congress 39 times doesn't bother you?
She is a globalist and would sell out the USA in a heartbeat do you want that?
Sure you do because you are a liberal and been part of the experiment of the dumbing down of America.
Quote:
Oh my you do have a dizzying intellect.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:46 PM   #27
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!

One, several of those posts were infracted. I didn't issue my usual notice because the moderators in Dimensions were already in discussion about what to do with this poster.

Two, and I'm repeating myself here, the timeout system is not working right. It's above my pay grade to let someone back in once their username has been timed out. The effective approach is to send a PM to Admin or Tad, who are able to fix these problems.

And, as you've noticed, with nine days until the elections I am tightly wound at the moment.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:56 PM   #28
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

What is it like to live life so fearfully?

You know what's going to happen this election? Absolutely nothing. Sec. Clinton is likely to win, Donald will bluster but grudgingly concede. There may be some small isolated incidents that the media can salivate over and beat to death but for the most part it will be same old same old.
Old 10-28-2016, 05:04 PM   #29
mp7251

mp7251 does more than just post hot picsmp7251 does more than just post hot picsmp7251 does more than just post hot pics

A couple years back BBD erroneously banned me for good because someone had convinced her that I had used other names. Fortunately Conrad was still around and straightened it out as I have only used one name, ever. She apologized in private but one-sided censorship of the right turned me off of this board. I come in once every few months just to read what the regulars are saying in the never-ending same arguments. Things haven't changed.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:04 PM   #30
DELIMAN092262

DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Beautiful Dreamer View Post
One, several of those posts were infracted. I didn't issue my usual notice because the moderators in Dimensions were already in discussion about what to do with this poster.
That sounds like “double secret probation.” How can you expect other posters to take a lessen when people get infracted; unless you post it? Your explanation does not pass the smell test.

Second, are you attempting to shift the responsibility of your action to other moderators?
Quote:
And, as you've noticed, with nine days until the elections I am tightly wound at the moment.
Then please allow me to say thank you for doing a thankless job.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:35 PM   #31
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've been a moderator at another site. There is a reason I quit, and that reason is people who would never, ever, be satisfied. Much like you lot. It's very easy to sit back and complain about how a moderator keeps order. So go on, complain complain complain. I guarantee you, though, you'd miss BBD if she quit. It's highly unlikely you'd find a better person to moderate this pest hole. I know you'd hate my style of keeping order!
Old 10-28-2016, 07:06 PM   #32
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

I admin as well and it's pretty simple. I point to the rules, enforce said rules, jump ass when it's called for, and stay out of the conversation so it can do it's own thing. Especially when it is has the potential to get heated. And the group is mostly current and former Dims posters

It's not rocket science, folks.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:25 PM   #33
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Well there is at least one positive to take away from this thread. BBD managed to do what no politician since Bill Clinton did and that is getting all the political parties to come together in an issue. With your decision to ban a poster for what the might say and not for what they did say, you managed to get Tony, Deli, Cobra Verde, and myself all in agreement on an issue! That pretty much covers the entire political spectrum.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:33 AM   #34
ALS Again

ALS Again can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
This is why Magpie exists.
The timeout system is pretty fucked up. My other IP address is STILL banned, so I gave up and created this account. I couldn't access Dimensions for seven months because my infraction ban was scheduled to lift in January 2016. Meanwhile, I was infracted in FEBRUARY 2016.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:48 AM   #35
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't usually post here, but guys, if you want help with getting your old accounts back please contact me and not the admin/anyone else. I can reverse expired infractions no problem and if there is something more in depth that needs addressing (IP bans etc etc) then I'm the only person around daily that can help with that. I don't know why the infraction system is broken but if you don't tell the general moderators/admins such as myself then we can't help you. Most of us stay completely clear of Hyde Park (this thread excepted as it is about moderating issues) so we aren't going to notice if you only post about it. Please PM me if you need help with anything and I will always do my best to assist you.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:10 PM   #36
Magpie
girly face

Magpie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMagpie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMagpie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Thing is though, if you're infraction-banned you can't send PMs. The only way we can get in touch with admins/mods is to create secondary accounts.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:15 PM   #37
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't consider that I live life at all fearfully. I do consider myself a student of history, and I think that it's not actually causing anyone damage to have issued a three-week timeout under the circumstances.

I don't believe I can do anything about the poster upthread who says frankly that he doesn't believe my explanation of what I did.

In no way am I attempting to shift responsibility. I appreciate Loopytheone and Dromond's words. Thank you.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:46 PM   #38
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Go ahead. Keep doubling down on your justification. The bottom line is you're actively censoring a poster that has an opinion that you don't like and putting them on timeout even though they didn't break the rules that warrant such a thing. Like I said above, when you can get a liberal, a conservative, and a libertarian to all agree on the same issue you've done something special.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:24 PM   #39
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You cut a fine figure sitting on that high horse, Leo.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:43 PM   #40
DELIMAN092262

Quote:
I don't consider that I live life at all fearfully. I do consider myself a student of history, and I think that it's not actually causing anyone damage to have issued a three-week timeout under the circumstances.
Actually, that sounds like the justification give by Lois Lerner for her trampling on the civil rights of conservative groups. That to was supposed to be “temporary” too. Meaning after the election.
Quote:
I don't believe I can do anything about the poster upthread who says frankly that he doesn't believe my explanation of what I did.
Then perhaps you can cite examples of when you secretly infracted liberal posters before giving them a “temporary” time-out just before an election?
Old 10-29-2016, 11:27 PM   #41
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
You cut a fine figure sitting on that high horse, Leo.
Don't really see as how your analogy fits Dro. If pointing out hypocrisy is riding about on a high horse then so be it. But the reason this thread exists is because she wanted feedback on her decision. She got that. She didn't like it. Instead of reversing that poor decision to censor another poster because she doesn't like their opinion and not because they broke the rules and she keeps on trying to justify her actions. Since I have never publicly or privately tried to have anyone shutdown because I don't like their opinion I don't see where I'm on a high horse at all. I just have a burning resentment to hypocrisy and censorship. But then again, if the cowboy boot fits, fuck it yeehaw.

P.S. FWIW I do think ditzygirl's posts were off the mark to put it politely. I just think she had just as much right to them as the rest of us do to ours as long as they stay within the agreed upon rules.
Old 10-30-2016, 01:26 AM   #42
Dromond
Old school

Censorship is something the government does. A privately owned website, such as Dimensions is, can set whatever restrictions they want on what people can and can't say.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:27 AM   #43
LeoGibson
Slangin'

I agree with you 100%. I'm not saying she should sue nor that it's a violation of her rights. Yes, this is a private website and as such can do whatever they see fit. That is not in dispute. But, even though they have the right to do so, it is still censorship. Censorship doesn't just come from the government. Censorship can come from any place. It just happens to be protected in some places and not in others. Look, the only reason there is a debate at all about this issue is because of this particular thread which was started by BBD. If this thread didn't exist this discussion would never have taken place. At least not publicly.

Another thought on your point. Yes they can set restrictions on what people can and cannot say. They did that already in the rules sticky. The poster in question may have danced on the edge of that line but never fully crossed over it. But because BBD didn't like their opinion and has what I think is some irrational and vague fear of what *may* happen on election day she arbitrarily chose to move that line. Which does give one pause as to think what if in the future I find some politician has had a hand in legislation or another issue that I strongly oppose and I rail against them in posts. If I go off on them but stay within the preset rules will it be too far for her liking and will she then move the line on me or you or anyone else she doesn't agree with? After seeing it done once, you can't say that it is impossible.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:02 AM   #44
Dromond
Old school

Quote:
I conferred with other moderators before making the move that I did, and learned that ditzygirl shared an IP address with someone else who appeared briefly, stirred stuff up in a provocative fashion, and vanished. I don't know that it's the same person, but enough was adding up to make me feel safer not adding this voice to the mix.
If the IP address weren't suspicious, and if the decision had been unilateral, I'd be giving BBD the side-eye as well. But there is evidence of possible trollery, and BBD did get feedback from other moderators before acting.

This doesn't sound like a vendetta to me.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:21 AM   #45
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Once again I do agree with you. Those things are suspicious. However the rules that cover such an action were already set in place and were not violated. She said herself this was a preemptive measure. I don't think BBD has a vendetta. Nor do I think she's a bad person and even though I personally think at times she uses a heavy hand and sometimes her political bias does show itself in her moderating (at least publicly) I don't think she's necessarily a bad moderator. I just vehemently disagree with this decision and since she opened it up for discussion I don't mind making my opinion known.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:34 PM   #46
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
What if in the future I find some politician has had a hand in legislation or another issue that I strongly oppose and I rail against them in posts. If I go off on them but stay within the preset rules will it be too far for her liking and will she then move the line on me or you or anyone else she doesn't agree with? After seeing it done once, you can't say that it is impossible.
I've been modding for something approaching six years now, or it might be approaching seven. (Pause to math.) Yikies. Approaching seven years.

even though it's proving a bumpy road, I'm glad that I opened the question up for discussion in the first place. If I magically went back to that moment in time when I suspended Ditzygirl, would I do it again? I honestly don't know. But I do know that I appreciate the feedback.

I know that's got to sound snarky, given what the feedback has been. But if it helps me grow and improve as a moderator -- I do appreciate it.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:33 PM   #47
ditzygirl

ditzygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesditzygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesditzygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I was reinstated today but was only able to see my infractions today.
It would have been nice to know before hand which comments got me in trouble.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:45 PM   #48
DELIMAN092262

Quote:
I reviewed your posts, but I still don't see any indications your posts are infracted.

BTW: I wonder if the moderator in her official capacity as the Moderator would mind if you posted her PM's where she said you had infractions. She claims to have done that before placing you on timeout.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:24 PM   #49
biodieselman

biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
There is no rhyme nor reason. The rules are applied differently to people who challenge the Marxist/liberal narrative as you learned first hand.

The only thing you need to understand is there's this bizarre nonsensical "liberal logic" that ignores the constant personal attacks on conservatives so long as there's a lame excuse to infract a conservative every time she infracts a liberal so she can claim she's being fair.

It's the Bernie Sanders rule of 'moderation' known in short as...
BS moderation.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:28 PM   #50
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodieselman View Post
There is no rhyme nor reason. The rules are applied differently to people who challenge the Marxist/liberal narrative as you learned first hand.

The only thing you need to understand is there's this bizarre nonsensical "liberal logic" that ignores the constant personal attacks on conservatives so long as there's a lame excuse to infract a conservative every time she infracts a liberal so she can claim she's being fair.

It's the Bernie Sanders rule of 'moderation' known in short as...
BS moderation.
why are you calling for that Whambulance! There is no crying in Hyde Park...

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]