Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Archives > Hyde Park (Archive Only)

Old 11-09-2016, 01:56 AM   #1
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default well, that sucks.

I mean, I'll be fine. I'm a middle-aged white male with no children, I own my home, my investments are in cash-equivalents, and I've got a (probably) politically-safe government pension and health care that'll keep food on our table and the pets in kibble.

I hurt for those who aren't so fortunately situated; difficult times lie ahead.

God help us all.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:14 AM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I feel that i have either over estimated the american peoplen or under estimated mister trump

i very much hope that it turns oout to have been the latter
Old 11-09-2016, 06:53 AM   #3
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Most likely you and everybody else just underestimated how unlikable Hillary Clinton is. Really n the end it's a massive popularity contest and let's face it she's just not likable. It's unfortunate but that's reality. If The Democrats had taken Bernie Sanders and of burying him he probably would beat your truck handily because he tapped into the same anger and disenfranchisement of the working class.in my opinion the DNC brought this entirely upon themselves.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:06 AM   #4
Marlayna

Marlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Unhappy

The 3 saddest days I've lived through as an American citizen:
the Kennedy assassination,
the bombing of the World Trade Center,
and now this.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:22 AM   #5
biodieselman

biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!

"Well, that sucks"????

You must live in that 'alternate universe' our resident racist constantly bleats about.

The American people wrested power from the elitist self serving establishment snobs and their abject corruption.

The American people saved our Republic.

I wish to thank all those that twisted every little thing into "YOU'RE RACIST!!!!", "YOU HATE WOMEN!!!!", YOU'RE THIS PHOBE/THAT PHOBE"/EVERYTHING PHOBE.

The American people disobeyed the ugly hate mongering establishment.

Sincere thanks to the hate mongers tearing Americans apart, you showed American voters how ugly and hateful the hate mongers truly are. You helped recruit voters to our anti-establishment movement.

Now it's time to drain the swamp!!

Look out Clinton!

Look out Obama"

Your corruption will finally see the light of day.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:09 AM   #6
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post
I mean, I'll be fine. I'm a middle-aged white male with no children, I own my home, my investments are in cash-equivalents, and I've got a (probably) politically-safe government pension and health care that'll keep food on our table and the pets in kibble.

I hurt for those who aren't so fortunately situated; difficult times lie ahead.

God help us all.
Yes, sitting safely on the west side of the mountains I too am unlikely to suffer directly from this disaster. Ironically its working class white folks -- i.e. the people who voted for Trump -- who are going to suffer the most.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:52 AM   #7
daedal

daedal does more than just post hot picsdaedal does more than just post hot picsdaedal does more than just post hot picsdaedal does more than just post hot pics

Time for some humor. I can't stop laughing at this tweet.

Quote:
BRITAIN: Brexit is the stupidest, most self-destructive act a country could undertake.
USA: Hold my beer.

— Brian Pedaci (@bpedaci) November 9, 2016
Old 11-09-2016, 09:45 AM   #8
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I blame the sluggards who didn't vote.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:19 AM   #9
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Well you guys just elected a man under investigation for sexual assault and child rape into the White House.

I have friends in America who are of ethnic minorities and different religions concerned about segregation, LBGTQ who are genuinely scared this has empowered physical and psychological hate-crimes against them, and on or below the poverty line who may not have the ability to keep themselves and their family in their homes because of welfare cuts.

The choice that has happened may be an anti-establishment uprising but make no mistake, Trump is just part of another establishment and won't make working-class lives better. He serves the same big business interests as anyone before him. Big Pharma, Wall Street, private investment, hell the military is it's own business and that's not even considering the conflict of interest with his own businesses.

So to the people who voted for him, good luck distracting yourselves with your wall and ignoring you just added 'potential sex-criminal', 'racist' and 'misogynist' to the list of problems you already had that won't be remedied.

But at least you're 'making America great again'...
Old 11-09-2016, 11:10 AM   #10
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

bad blood lasts a long time in the beltway.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:16 AM   #11
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I thought that this summary from The Economist summed things up pretty well:

Quote:
Populism is the politics of Them and Us. It is not new. What makes Mr Trump’s win different is that he so explicitly sought to cast his opponents as illegitimate, contemptible, un-American or “disgusting”—and was confident that he would find an echo among his voters. He bet everything on a strategy of nostalgic nationalism, summed up in the slogan “Make America Great Again”, because his hunch was that the country is home to an underestimated mass of voters who do not want to be part of any rainbow coalition. Many Americans have moved beyond distrusting politicians, parties or Washington. Talk to voters in this horrible year, and they dislike one another. Now that divided republic is Mr Trump’s—if he can keep it
Old 11-09-2016, 11:23 AM   #12
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

America has been heading down this path since 1968 with Wallace, then with Buchanan in the early 90's, Trump is the progression of that school of thought of division.
Old 11-09-2016, 12:20 PM   #13
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default You might have a point here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
"I blame the sluggards who didn't vote."
Looking at the 2000->2008->2016 shift in turnout % among Voting-age population in the key battlegrounds this becomes all too clear: FloRi-Duh, 57.5->66.6->64; Michigan, 60.5->69.7->62.7;North Carolina, 52.5->66.1->63; Pennsyltucky, 54.1->69.2->61.4; Ohio, 57.8->67.8->61.7; Wisconsin, 67.6->72.7->68.1.

i.e. As things gradually get more crappy, over an extended period of time; more people-overall, across more of the country & poltical spectrum are questioning and engaged = progressive result. However, once things begin to improve, however-slightly, at least some part of the electorate will tend to become more complacent, even while some others grow yet more extreme, radicalized, in their opposition to change-in general or what they at least perceive as regressive reform.

Hence, even as Hillary Clinton almost won, Sanders might well have lost by an even greater margin. After all, he's no Obama on the campaign trail, and the overall outlook and material conditions of 2016 are less dire than they were in the fall of 2008, right?
Old 11-09-2016, 12:29 PM   #14
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
Looking at the 2000->2008->2016 shift in turnout % among Voting-age population in the key battlegrounds this becomes all too clear: FloRi-Duh, 57.5->66.6->64; Michigan, 60.5->69.7->62.7;North Carolina, 52.5->66.1->63; Pennsyltucky, 54.1->69.2->61.4; Ohio, 57.8->67.8->61.7; Wisconsin, 67.6->72.7->68.1.

i.e. As things gradually get more crappy, over an extended period of time; more people-overall, across more of the country & poltical spectrum are questioning and engaged = progressive result. However, once things begin to improve, however-slightly, at least some part of the electorate will tend to become more complacent, even while some others grow yet more extreme, radicalized, in their opposition to change-in general or what they at least perceive as regressive reform.

Hence, even as Hillary Clinton almost won, Sanders might well have lost by an even greater margin. After all, he's no Obama on the campaign trail, and the overall outlook and material conditions of 2016 are less dire than they were in the fall of 2008, right?
Do you think Obama on the trail with the ACA getting more expensive; Helped or hurt Hillary? I think Obama got overused on the trail. It seemed like she expected him to do most of the campaigning and so the office of POTUS seemed to overshadow her message.
Old 11-09-2016, 12:50 PM   #15
Tad
mostly harmless

I have to actually credit Trump’s campaign strategy on this one. He did a very good job of slopping crap all over Hillary’s image. Not that she is all that charismatic anyway, or that committed republicans didn’t already widely dislike and deride her, but normally even a cold fish candidate generates more some warmth from followers. If there was any, it sure didn’t get expressed very widely. This widely got held up as some variant of “he’s an insensitive, egotistical, boor and she’s a sneaky, backroom dealing, insider. Choose your lesser evil.” Despite efforts by her campaign, I never really heard much pick up in the press of anything positive about Clinton – they were too busy have a gas repeating Trump’s latest outrageous statements.

There are people out there who are going to vote more on emotion, on whether they like a candidate, or do they identify with a candidate. That was one of Bill Clinton’s strengths, it is one of Hilary’s weaknesses. It was bound to depress voter turnout on the Democratic side compared to the inspiration that Obama brought. I’d hoped that Trump would also turn off enough people that his voting base would be similarly depressed, but in the end I think that all the attacks on him actually inspired his base, rather than turning it off. Which I guess makes sense, given that in recent decades the Republicans have been tending to campaign on fear and the Democrats on hope; if the campaign can be make one of fear and bitterness it is bound to be to the Republicans advantage.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:17 PM   #16
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Just so upsetting. I have been in a fog of disbelief all day. Disappointed.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:13 PM   #17
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I blame the people that voted for Johnson and Stein knowing they didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning- what a fucking waste.

@Tad- it's the former. You've spent enough time on these forums to know that
Sadly, Trump knows how to play them...definitely a player.

Reminds me of an old joke that seems to be something of a philosophy in this country:

Q.What is the difference between Genius and Stupidity?

A. Genius has it's limits

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Old 11-09-2016, 04:46 PM   #18
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
I blame the people that voted for Johnson and Stein knowing they didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning- what a fucking waste.
I'm sorry Greenie but I'm going to have to take issue with this. From the very beginning we were all taught to vote our conscience and for the candidate or party that most closely shares your political ideals. Well, as a longtime supporter of the Libertarian party I did just that. I voted for the candidate that best represented me and while it's not 100% agreement on every issue it's a damn sight closer than either of the other candidates. I also don't feel that my vote was "wasted" because I hold hope that if enough people turn out and vote Libertarian they will eventually get a large enough percentage to break through and get a more equal seat at the table in future elections.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:33 PM   #19
DianaSSBBW

DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I want to agree with you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg did not vote.jpg (389.5 KB, 137 views)
Old 11-09-2016, 05:54 PM   #20
DianaSSBBW

DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Since last evening..I have this feeling that..I need someone to put a hand on each of my shoulders and "Shake me to core" and just maybe I will understand how once again hate can prevail.

I also want to believe that the election did not boil down to "gender".The rural population was not ready for a female president.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:12 PM   #21
ALS Again

ALS Again can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
I feel that i have either over estimated the american peoplen or under estimated mister trump

i very much hope that it turns oout to have been the latter
You overestimated the American people, as the majority of us sought out Trump. He represents the condition to which America has sunk.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:18 PM   #22
biodieselman

biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I feel that i have either over estimated the american peoplen ...
Quote:
Which I guess makes sense, given that in recent decades the Republicans have been tending to campaign on fear and the Democrats on hope; if the campaign can be make one of fear and bitterness it is bound to be to the Republicans advantage.

If you're looking for a cause and effect look no further than a constant deluge of liberal lies and hate mongering rhetoric such as yours.

Conservatives have liberals to thank for a Trump victory.

While I detest anti-American Michael Moore's hate and lies, he at least understands our anti establishment movement.

Americans gave the Washington establishment and Marxist/Democrats a 'YUGE' F-U!!!
Quote:
Michael Moore: Trump’s Election Will Be Biggest ‘F*ck You’ in Human History

In the roughly four-minute clip posted to YouTube taken from the film — which Moore released with no advance warning last week — the filmmaker explains Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s appeal to working-class voters and says his successful election will serve as “the biggest ‘F*ck you’ ever recorded in human history.”

“Whether Trump means it or not is kind of irrelevant because he’s saying the things to people who are hurting. And it’s why every beaten-down, nameless, forgotten working stiff who used to be part of what was called the middle class loves Trump,”

“He is the human Molotov cocktail that they’ve been waiting for,” Moore added. “The human hand grenade that they can legally throw into the system that stole their lives from them.”

Moore continued by saying that disenfranchised middle-class working Americans have essentially lost everything but the one thing guaranteed to them by the United State Constitution: the right to vote.
“So on November 8th, the dispossessed will walk into the voting booth, be handed a ballot, close the curtain and take that lever, or felt pen, or touch screen and put a big f*cking X in the box by the name of the man who has threatened to upend and overturn the very system that has ruined their lives: Donald J. Trump.

“They see that the elites, who ruined their lives, hate Trump. Corporate America hates Trump. Wall Street hates Trump. The career politicians hate Trump. The media hate Trump, after they loved him and created him and now hate him. Thank you, media. The enemy of my enemy is who I’m voting for on November 8th.
“Trump’s election is going to be the biggest ‘F*ck you’ ever recorded in human history,” Moore adds. “And it will feel good.”

Old 11-09-2016, 08:40 PM   #23
DELIMAN092262

DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I saw this opinion piece by conservative Ben Shapiro and thought it would be perfect for the arrogant liberals that post here on Hyde Park. Just so they would have an understanding of just how much they lost on election day 2016.

Source: http://www.dailywire.com/news/10636/...ry-ben-shapiro
Old 11-09-2016, 09:56 PM   #24
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS Again View Post
You overestimated the American people, as the majority of us sought out Trump. He represents the condition to which America has sunk.
No, the majority didn't. 48% of the 56% of eligible voters who showed up elected Donald Trump. That's not a majority by any stretch.
Old 11-10-2016, 03:30 AM   #25
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
Most likely you and everybody else just underestimated how unlikable Hillary Clinton is. Really n the end it's a massive popularity contest and let's face it she's just not likable. It's unfortunate but that's reality. If The Democrats had taken Bernie Sanders and of burying him he probably would beat your truck handily because he tapped into the same anger and disenfranchisement of the working class.in my opinion the DNC brought this entirely upon themselves.
Something worth noting: The only states Clinton lost that Obama won in 2012 were those that had enacted strict Voter ID laws in the wake of the Shelby County decision. In those states, she did not get Obama-level minority turnout. Trump got Romney-level turnout in those states.

It wasn't unpopularity (she did, after all, win the popular vote), it was at least in part voter suppression in key states. There's your disenfranchisement.

This is also relevant to this comment as well:
Quote:
Some weren't sluggards, but got caged, dropped from automatic absentee-ballot lists, or (properly and in some cases improperly) asked for ID they didn't have or couldn't get.

The problem with Sanders is that he wasn't seriously vetted during the primaries (we still haven't seen his tax returns, for example). He would have been wide open to attacks that weren't made during the primaries both because Clinton would need his voters and because they weren't useful or relevant within the context of a primary contest.