Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Archives > Hyde Park (Archive Only)

Old 11-13-2016, 09:18 AM   #101
Marlayna

Marlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I don't know if I'll get in trouble for saying this, but I'm praying long and hard that he dies before he can take office.

[this post has been modslapped.]
Save
Old 11-13-2016, 09:22 AM   #102
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlayna View Post
I don't know if I'll get in trouble for saying this, but I'm praying long and hard that he dies before he can take office.
Umm Mike Pence...
Old 11-13-2016, 09:38 AM   #103
Jeannie
Connect the dots

Jeannie knows EXACTLY what's going onJeannie knows EXACTLY what's going onJeannie knows EXACTLY what's going onJeannie knows EXACTLY what's going onJeannie knows EXACTLY what's going onJeannie knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
Umm Mike Pence...
Yep.

I'd rather have Trump as president than Mike Pence any day, and that's saying a lot!!
Old 11-13-2016, 10:07 AM   #104
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I say this in the nicest way possible, but you people take this politics shit way too seriously. I've heard it said, and I truly believe it, but politics are just showbiz for ugly people. The man knows this. How do you think he won? Plus, being that he's hated by both the Democrats and the Republicans do you think he'll really be very effective at all? Oh, and quit putting blame on bad behavior to whoever wins an election. Shitheads are gonna be shitheads no matter who's in office. They'll find some reason to justify their shitheadedness no matter what. FFS people, start thinking with logic and reason and not from a place of sheer emotion. There's enough melodramatic asses in Hollywood we don't need them all over the country too.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:16 AM   #105
DELIMAN092262

DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I can only imagine the sheer volume of outrage if someone made the same suggestion about Barack Obama in 2008.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:04 AM   #106
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thinking about it California is going to do OK under Trump. Safety net cuts are going to hit the Red States hardest. Tax cuts are going to benefit the richest states (i.e. California). If effect poor folks in the hinterland have just voted to transfer wealth to rich Californians.

The ironies of this election are endless.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:21 AM   #107
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

While I am not a Trump supporter, I do feel that people are being overly dramatic. If you live in a blue state very little will change. Red states will get less money and therefore there will be a change in the money that the state recieves from the Federal government. Abortion will go back to being a state right and again will only affect red states. It's not as if we haven't had a racist, sexist president before, as a matter of fact we have had quite a few. The biggest problem with the Trump presidency is that it has already emboldened those people who are racist and sexist to commit crimes against people who are different than them.

I expected protests and rioting either way the election went so to me that is a wash, and don't try to deny it Trumpsters, they were already threatening to do so before the election. It would've happened on an even larger scale had Hillary won. (Of course there is no way to prove this)
Old 11-13-2016, 11:58 AM   #108
Marlayna

Marlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELIMAN092262 View Post
I can only imagine the sheer volume of outrage if someone made the same suggestion about Barack Obama in 2008.
I wasn't a fan of Obama's, but I never prayed that he'd die. He's not an evil man.
Trump is a sick and dangerous person, and if he dropped dead tomorrow, I'd be dancing in the street.... and I'd have plenty of company.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:07 PM   #109
Marlayna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leem View Post
While I am not a Trump supporter, I do feel that people are being overly dramatic. If you live in a blue state very little will change. Red states will get less money and therefore there will be a change in the money that the state recieves from the Federal government. Abortion will go back to being a state right and again will only affect red states. It's not as if we haven't had a racist, sexist president before, as a matter of fact we have had quite a few. The biggest problem with the Trump presidency is that it has already emboldened those people who are racist and sexist to commit crimes against people who are different than them.

I expected protests and rioting either way the election went so to me that is a wash, and don't try to deny it Trumpsters, they were already threatening to do so before the election. It would've happened on an even larger scale had Hillary won. (Of course there is no way to prove this)
It doesn't take much for a loud-mouthed bigot/bully to start a world war, that's what I'm worried about, as well as the rights and safety of women, and the innocent. If there's something the American People can do to right this grievous wrong, sign me up, because the masses are not happy, and scared for their lives. No "drama", just fact.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:38 PM   #110
DianaSSBBW

DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
When Mike Pence was picked as a VP...my thought was "Nice Life Insurance Policy"... nobody will try to get rid of Donald Trump...because we really don't want Mike Pence.
Old 11-13-2016, 02:20 PM   #111
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
I say this in the nicest way possible, but you people take this politics shit way too seriously.
It's hard NOT to take it seriously when your existence is a hot-button issue for reactionary politicians
Old 11-13-2016, 06:08 PM   #112
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Beautiful Dreamer View Post
It's not JUST FEAR of what MIGHT HAPPEN. The fear is in response to having already been grabbed by the pussy. The fear is in response to being beaten hard enough to leave bruises. The fear is in response to having a total stranger yank your hijab off your head and tell you, "It belongs around your throat where it can strangle you, bitch." The fear is in response to things that are happening right now.

My child cried in school on Wednesday not because she was afraid of what might happen but because someone twice her size slammed her up against a locker and told her she was going to burn in hell. Yes, he's being "punished," but it was not an abstract fear of what might happen that caused her to cry.
Quote:
No, it is just silly unfocused fear. Donald Trump has not even taken the oath of office and you are already trying to blame him for actions he has no control over.

<snip>

How exactly has the election of Donald Trump made him responsible for this violence?
Please read what I say before posting a response.

In none of my posts have I said, implied, or suggested that he is responsible for this violence.

I have drawn attention to a significant increase in physical and emotional assaults since the election. Period.

It is not "silly unfocused fear" when the fear comes in response to a total stranger grabbing your private parts. Anonymous death threats left on your doorstep and windshield. Total strangers yanking your hijab off your head and threatening to hang you with it.

That is in no way "silly" or "unfocused" fear.

I'm going to repeat myself because you don't appear to be getting it. People are not afraid of something that might happen. They are afraid because they are being attacked right now.

The difference at my daughter's school is that she's been a student there for 3 1/2 years and not once has anyone who might have believed she would burn in hell has felt free to express that to her and slam her up against a locker, something that happened fewer than twelve hours after the election.

And this is happening:

A University of Michigan student was approached by a stranger who threatened to set her on fire with a lighter if she didn’t remove her hijab, police said.

And this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car.jpg (25.5 KB, 78 views)
Old 11-13-2016, 08:37 PM   #113
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Beautiful Dreamer View Post
Please read what I say before posting a response.

In none of my posts have I said, implied, or suggested that he is responsible for this violence.

I have drawn attention to a significant increase in physical and emotional assaults since the election. Period.

It is not "silly unfocused fear" when the fear comes in response to a total stranger grabbing your private parts. Anonymous death threats left on your doorstep and windshield. Total strangers yanking your hijab off your head and threatening to hang you with it.

That is in no way "silly" or "unfocused" fear.

I'm going to repeat myself because you don't appear to be getting it. People are not afraid of something that might happen. They are afraid because they are being attacked right now.

The difference at my daughter's school is that she's been a student there for 3 1/2 years and not once has anyone who might have believed she would burn in hell has felt free to express that to her and slam her up against a locker, something that happened fewer than twelve hours after the election.

And this is happening:

A University of Michigan student was approached by a stranger who threatened to set her on fire with a lighter if she didn’t remove her hijab, police said.

And this.
Guess the offender learned to spell at Trump U

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
Old 11-13-2016, 11:42 PM   #114
DELIMAN092262

DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post

It's okay guys. People voted for Trump out of fear just like others of us voted against him out of fear.

The White King is enjoying it now...but just wait until he gets in office and figures out that it takes a degree of intelligence and diplomacy to actually get your way instead of just money and bullying.

I might have to step out of HP for a while....because I'm really truly fucking disgusted reading some of the shit from those who mock others for being scared whilst they are the biggest cowards themselves.

Let me just leave on the note that even if I don't grab pussies I sure as hell know one when I see one.
BYE!

Also, you want mocking? Since the national party conventions it has been non-stop politics. The people now marching in the streets had plenty of time to make their opinions heard.

The point is the public rejected what they were saying. That is the problem of course. They are so arrogant that they can not conceive the public would reject them. And they did.

This stupid fear is just that fear. Even if Donald Trump had lost their would be the same silly stupid fear that Trump supporters would take out their frustrations over losing with violence. (In fact, there is a whole other thread started with that theme. A Trump lost followed by violence.)

And again I ask; what do these idiot protesters think they will seriously accomplish. The election results declared null and void with Hillary Clinton the winner?

The ironic thing is several weeks ago the same people protesting and their supporters were using words like “unprecedented” in describing Trump because he refused to accept the result unconditionally. Now these people in the street are the ones that are unprecedented.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:01 AM   #115
DELIMAN092262

Quote:
I wasn't a fan of Obama's, but I never prayed that he'd die. He's not an evil man.
That, of course, depends how you define an evil man. Barack Obama was a dirty politician that never ran on the issues, but always made it about personal attacks. He was a divider. It is why his true legacy will be a divided nation.
Quote:
Trump is a sick and dangerous person, and if he dropped dead tomorrow, I'd be dancing in the street.... and I'd have plenty of company.
That is your opinion. So while I don't think Donald Trump is a “good” man; his negatives, in my opinion, are more that offset by Hillary Clinton's negatives. In my opinion Hillary Clinton is a lying traitorous so and so that would sell out the country for one more piece of silver in her pocket.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:07 AM   #116
DELIMAN092262

Quote:
It doesn't take much for a loud-mouthed bigot/bully to start a world war, that's what I'm worried about, as well as the rights and safety of women, and the innocent. If there's something the American People can do to right this grievous wrong, sign me up, because the masses are not happy, and scared for their lives. No "drama", just fact.
There were some 60 million people that don't share your opinion. They voted for Donald Trump. Are they part of the “masses” that you cite.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:03 AM   #117
Marlayna

Quote:
There were some 60 million people that don't share your opinion. They voted for Donald Trump. Are they part of the “masses” that you cite.
Well, maybe I'll get in trouble again, but many who think he'd be a good president, are either unintelligent, bigoted, or just plain mis-guided.
My husband supports him, and since he's a good man, I classify him as mis-guided. These are my opinions, you're entitled to yours.
I don't believe DT is good for America, and I don't think he cares, he's all about money and ego, and that's the bottom line for him as far as I'm concerned.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:43 PM   #118
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
So....where is your love trump thread....you are missing your moment

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
Old 11-14-2016, 03:45 PM   #119
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
[B]So....where is your love trump thread....you are missing your moment[\B]
Probably because then he'd have to admit that the only way to find Trump actually appealing is if you're a racist, sexist, homophobe, or otherwise deplorable person.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:55 PM   #120
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leishycat View Post
Probably because then he'd have to admit that the only way to find Trump actually appealing is if you're a racist, sexist, homophobe, or otherwise deplorable person.
You would think just a "love trump" thread no citations needed and what do we get "crickets".... You might have something there... And on to other comments...

Why no! There are no racist in our loveable trumpettes in HP... I expect trump to solve EVERYTHING in 6 months or less. He has the full support of the House and Senate... So no excuses here...

Rust Belt Job woes
NATO
Military (he knows more than all the Generals)
Healthcare
Healing the Country
International Issues

I expect 16 hour nights from him and nothing less.....I think his stamina should hold up.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:04 PM   #121
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Quote:
60 million ...I thought it was 100 million must be HappyMath in action....

Old 11-14-2016, 06:07 PM   #122
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
And this, folks, is a major reason why Trump got elected.

Doubling down on the social justice, and calling anyone who may be ever so much inclined to vote for a particular candidate a racist, sexist, homophobe, or otherwise deplorable person was the left's way of asking for a collective "fuck you" from the voters. Months and months of attack after attack from the mainstream media and social media was not going to end well for the Democrats. Especially when the other major candidate is not even likeable within her own damn party to the point where her acolytes go out of their way to rig the primaries to screw Sanders out of the nomination (remember him?).

Hell, I've heard so many Democrats bemoan the shenanigans during the primaries that I am amazed they showed up at all to vote. At least the Republican leadership had enough sense to realize that it had a potential mutiny in its hands of it tried to obstruct their supporters.

Neither candidate was good and their laundry list of cons vastly outweighed their Post It note of pros. So let's stop this nonsense of "whomever voted for candidate X is a______" and just attack the candidate. It got us nowhere this go around and has even less of a chance of being an effective tactic in four years.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:44 PM   #123
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
More people voted for Hillary. 60 million in a country of over 320 million is hardly a mandate.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:33 PM   #124
biodieselman

biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
...you're a racist, sexist, homophobe, or otherwise deplorable person.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Please...

I beg you...

continue to show American voters the true regressive character.

2018 midterm elections will soon be here and I would love for regressives to continue Obama's true legacy of losing more seats in the House, losing more seats in the Senate, losing more Democrat governors, losing more Democrat legislatures and turning more voting districts Republican.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
More people voted for Hillary. 60 million in a country of over 320 million is hardly a mandate.
You make me laugh.

I predict that once the dust settles the popular vote will be in Trump's favor once illegal alien votes, dead people votes, multiple voting cheating Democrats and the felon votes are removed.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:07 PM   #125
DELIMAN092262

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Well … about 122 million voted for Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. The rest are children that can't vote, those that made the choice not to vote and people that voted third party.

The latest count that I have seen has Clinton with 61 and a third million votes and Trump with 60 and a half million votes. This compares with the 51% that Barack Obama received in 2012 and the 48% that Romney received.

Yet, you yourself proclaimed that Obama had a mandate since he ran away with the electoral college vote. In 2016 Trump will have a larger electoral college vote of Clinton by a respectful margin. So by your own standards, Trump has a mandate.

Unless your “standard” is only a double standard with different results if a person Republican or a Democrat.