Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Archives > Hyde Park (Archive Only)

Old 11-19-2016, 09:54 AM   #151
biodieselman

biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
In my part of the world some asshole Trump supporters got off tormenting elementary school kids. FUCKING SICK!!!

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/62...hit?artslide=0
Quote:
But this is how the community responded.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/62...ted&artslide=0

There's not a single damn reason in this world to believe ANYTHING a regressive claims. Especially from the regressive hate site 'sources' you dig up God knows where.

Let's get to the true reason to post regressive hate and lies...

it gives BM an opportunity to say "... asshole Trump supporters ...".

Let's wait and see how long it takes the 'moderator' to issue a warning for "Posting inappropriate insinuations or innuendo".
Old 11-19-2016, 10:22 AM   #152
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

I hope she bans you forever, you regressive monster.

[this post has been modslapped.]
Old 11-19-2016, 10:27 AM   #153
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodieselman View Post
There's not a single damn reason in this world to believe ANYTHING a regressive claims. Especially from the regressive hate site 'sources' you dig up God knows where.

The Press Democrat, with the largest circulation in the California North Bay (San Francisco Bay Area), is a daily newspaper published in Santa Rosa, California. The paper received the 2004 George Polk Award for Regional Reporting given annually by Long Island University to honor contributions to journalistic integrity and investigative reporting. Annie Wells of the Press Democrat won the 1997 Pulitzer Prize for Spot News Photography "for her dramatic photograph of a local firefighter rescuing a teenager from raging floodwaters."

In other words its a mainstream local paper with a good reputation.

If that's not enough for you the story was even covered by Fox News.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/new...gher-graffiti/
Old 11-19-2016, 10:28 AM   #154
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

Anything centrist/mainstream is far too liberal for bio. If it's not published by literal neo-nazis or the KKK, it's too liberal for him.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:40 AM   #155
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm going to Texas next week for Thanksgiving. My girlfriend is scared to go. Apparently making America great again means putting everyone who isn't a straight white male in fear.

In case it isn't freakin obvious -- being a bully doesn't make either people or countries great.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:44 AM   #156
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Quote:
I'm going to Texas next week for Thanksgiving. My girlfriend is scared to go. Apparently making America great again means putting everyone who isn't a straight white male in fear.

In case it isn't freakin obvious -- being a bully doesn't make either people or countries great.
*hugs to both of you* Stay safe. Not everyone or everywhere in Texas is horrible, but still, be careful.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:00 PM   #157
bigmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leishycat View Post
*hugs to both of you* Stay safe. Not everyone or everywhere in Texas is horrible, but still, be careful.

We're going to a part that's about 40% Hispanic and 10% African American -- we'll be fine. My son married into a Texas family that's totally mixed. There's a great photo from a couple of Thanksgivings ago -- very white grandpa taking a nap on the Layzboy with his African American granddaughter taking a nap on him.

The real irony is that Trump supports assume my girlfriend is some sort of foreigner when in reality her family has been living in the Southwest for thousands of years -- long long before the United States ever existed.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:33 PM   #158
DianaSSBBW

DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

The real irony is that Trump supports assume my girlfriend is some sort of foreigner when in reality her family has been living in the Southwest for thousands of years -- long long before the United States ever existed.
Also the reality in Denver. Many Hispanic and families of Mexican heritage have been living in Denver from before Colorado was part of the USA. My bother in law and his 11 brother's and sister's make a large Thanksgiving Celebration.

Have a safe trip and a great Thanksgiving!
Old 11-20-2016, 04:17 PM   #159
biodieselman

biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!

I can see my fellow union members in the Operating Engineers on back-hoes, back to work digging trenches.

I can see union Iron Workers welding rebar to reinforce the footings.

I can see union Operating Engineers batching concrete...

for union Teamsters driving concrete mixers.

I can see union Laborers finishing the concrete...

to build a YUGE beautiful wall...

making American streets safer and...

taking jobs from criminal illegal aliens and...

finally giving Obama's 94 million out of work Americans a job.

Trump will Make America Great Again.

Old 11-20-2016, 05:46 PM   #160
bigmac

Quote:

for union Teamsters driving concrete mixers.

As a active dues paying Teamster I can tell you that we have no desire to help Trump waste billions of taxpayer dollars on the world's most useless project.

Furthermore what makes you think Trump would hire union labor in any event?
Old 11-20-2016, 08:37 PM   #161
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
As a active dues paying Teamster I can tell you that we have no desire to help Trump waste billions of taxpayer dollars on the world's most useless project.

http://time.com/4465744/donald-trump...ented-workers/

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Old 11-20-2016, 10:20 PM   #162
DELIMAN092262

DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I was never a Teamster, but I worked in the past with people that were. In my experience, if Donald would pay them union rate to dig a holes and then fill them up. They would do it. It is a job that would food on their tables. They would not allow politics to interfere with that.
Quote:
Politics! Consider the optics … Pickets outside the construction site of a wall designed to protect the jobs of citizens and legal residents. Including union workers.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:56 AM   #163
bigmac

I really did overestimate the American populace. The millions of people who think spending billions of tax payer dollars building a useless wall in the middle of the desert is going to bring back good union jobs had better get used to disappointment.

Note: Even if we could wall off the entire country good union jobs are not coming back in the absence of strong unions. When people say they miss manufacturing jobs they're actually saying they miss union jobs.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:34 AM   #164
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I read in passing this morning (aka I don't remember exactly where, so can't link to it) a comment that US factory output set a record high in the third quarter of the year. So the claim that the US doesn't make anything anymore rings quite hollow. It is just that automation has greatly reduced the number of people needed, and has also reduced the skills and knowledge needed for many of the jobs -- so it has both reduced factory jobs and reduced the pay at many factory jobs because workers are more replaceable. (and because this often makes things cheaper, companies that are unionized tend to start outsourcing as much as they can to non-unionized companies that are well enough capitalized to take advantage of this situation).

As with so many other segments of the economy, even manufacturing is heading toward the state of needing a core of knowledgeable, experienced, skilled workers, but being able to otherwise use relatively low skilled labor that is much harder to unionize or to drive up wages for. I don't think that there is any easy fix for that situation.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:36 AM   #165
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Some countries are starting to experiment with a guaranteed basic income. There's probably going to be a lot of pushback on it, but I think the US will eventually go that way as well.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:39 AM   #166
daedal

daedal does more than just post hot picsdaedal does more than just post hot picsdaedal does more than just post hot picsdaedal does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
I really did overestimate the American populace. The millions of people who think spending billions of tax payer dollars building a useless wall in the middle of the desert is going to bring back good union jobs had better get used to disappointment.

Note: Even if we could wall off the entire country good union jobs are not coming back in the absence of strong unions. When people say they miss manufacturing jobs they're actually saying they miss union jobs.
Very true. I consider the wall useles for another reason. We could achieve the same effect by making it a federal crime to employ anyone who can't produce a valid birth certificate, green card, etc. I am not advocating for that by the way, but it would stanch the flow of illegal immigrants without spending billions on a physical wall. It would also instantly eliminate the pool of slave labor that our current immmigration laws perpetuate, so there is no chance a Republican administration would go for it. Still it is a useful talking point to highlight the hypocrisy of our immigration policies.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:50 AM   #167
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leishycat View Post
Some countries are starting to experiment with a guaranteed basic income. There's probably going to be a lot of pushback on it, but I think the US will eventually go that way as well.
Its been a staple in science fiction for ages, for the reason that a lot of people looked forward at the likely impact of computers and automation and thought it likely that we would indeed end up with the people who owned all the equipment making/analyzing/creating stuff, who would be rich, and everyone else, who would be poor. To prevent destructive insurrection you need to adequately pacify the populace. The exact formula of government or company welfare, entertainment, drugs, religion (or religion-like movements), misdirection and coercion/raw-force has always varied depending on the story, but it is a conclusion a lot of people have come to.

Heck, for that matter it was pretty much what the Marxists predicted would happen with capitalism -- we managed to hold that off for a century or so, between one thing and another, but you can certainly say that things are going in a way that anyone who has looked at human behavior and social trends has seen as likely for a very long time.

Not saying that it will for sure work out that way. For one, it is hard to make a lot of money if the bulk of the people are too poor to buy your products (aka the Henry Ford realization), so maybe some mix of pragmatism and greed eventually leads to some different formula for how things work. (hopefully short of a communist revolution, given how poorly those have worked out in the long term!)
Old 11-21-2016, 02:31 PM   #168
bigmac

What I really want to know is who do the old white deplorables who voted for Trump think are going to wipe their collective asses in a few years? They've made their animosity toward, young people, immigrants, and minorities crystal clear.

When you're lying in your nursing home bed totally dependant on people whose lives you've made as missable possible I hope you feel real safe and comfortable.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:45 PM   #169
DELIMAN092262

DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
What I really want to know is who do the old white deplorables who voted for Trump think are going to wipe their collective asses in a few years? They've made their animosity toward, young people, immigrants, and minorities crystal clear.

When you're lying in your nursing home bed totally dependant on people whose lives you've made as missable possible I hope you feel real safe and comfortable.
What is sad is you seem to be believing your own political bigotry. For example, Donald Trump reached out to the African-American community which is why he polled more African-American voters than did Mitt Romney.

Liberal pundits told us that Trump's words would mean he would not get any Hispanic support. Yet, he polled more Hispanic votes than Mitt Romney.

BTW: These are the same “expert” pundits that told us, endlessly, that until Republicans changed their ways; there would never be another Republican president.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:52 PM   #170
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELIMAN092262 View Post
BTW: These are the same “expert” pundits that told us, endlessly, that until Republicans changed their ways; there would never be another Republican president.
This election certainly showed that pundits are very fallible, didn't it? And you have to admit, Trump is certainly a huge change from recent Republican presidential candidates

I read that in exit polls even a lot of people who voted for Trump had negative views of him in some areas that normally you'd think would be deal breakers -- but the one thing that his supporters saw in him that seemed to overrule all of that was "Will change things."

It seems that the desire for change may have really been what pushed him over the top. After all, Mrs. Clinton is about as much of an insider/status-quo candidate as you could get, so if what you wanted more than anything else was change, Mr. Trump was probably going to be your candidate.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:12 PM   #171
Marlayna

Marlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:

I'm guessing they're working on robots to do all that stuff. Either way, I'm not looking forward to it.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:04 PM   #172
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I assume you garnered you 'enlightened' opinions from regressive...

Oh... BTW young lad...

do you realize how the tone of your recent sore loser posts sound?

Nope. No opinions. Just facts. You should try actually reading up on the history of Trump and his father, and read up on who funds the GOP - instead of slurping up all the bullshit that Breitbart, Infowars and Fox News puts out to your "alt-right" echo-chamber.

Cui Bono. FOLLOW THE MONEY.

BTW - I'm not Merikan. So it's not *my* loss, not until Trump starts global thermonuclear war: because someone said something to upset him on Twitter, or he needs to cover up yet another out-of-court settlement of a fraud or sexual assault trial.

It's close to midnight and the doom bell clangs.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:04 PM   #173
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm equally nervous about both "cui bono" and "cuius regius, eieus religio."
Old 11-21-2016, 08:10 PM   #174
DELIMAN092262

Quote:

An additional thought. You are suggesting the people that voted for Donald Trump are deplorables and so unworthy of human respect. Which you suggest will be manifested by today's young people, immigrants and minorities that in the future will deliberately harm them.

Which would be seem deplorable in itself? Frankly, in my opinion it seems you are just full of hate.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:05 AM   #175
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Beautiful Dreamer View Post
I'm equally nervous about both "cui bono" and "cuius regius, eieus religio."
So, what is the "religion" of white nationalists? Apartheid? Ethnic cleansing? "Whites Only" signs? All of the above?