Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Archives > Hyde Park (Archive Only)

Old 11-23-2016, 01:33 PM   #51
DELIMAN092262

DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
This sounds like some kind of liberal bleeding heart lefty amnesty program!
Actually, I just find it strange that the powers that be are trying to “fix” Hyde Park. A forum that “works” with some bumps.

But, the infraction system is something from posters from the left to the posters from the right that there is common agreement that it is broken.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:58 PM   #52
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp7251 View Post
It will be interesting to see how long it will take the liberal moderators to label the conservative's opinions as racist, pea-brained, ect... It would a different experience here to see a liberal get an infraction instead of waiting for the conservative response to find it offensive.
Having done the statistics for this question yesterday, during this election season (since 9/1/16) there were 14 infractions against liberals and 11 against conservatives (of which alone 7 were filed for one poster, in part involving actually indictable material).

We hope that the new political board will be less about constantly regurgitating prejudices and more about keeping an eye on the facts.

Happy, peaceful, apolitical Thanksgiving everybody!
Old 11-23-2016, 03:46 PM   #53
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELIMAN092262 View Post
Actually, I just find it strange that the powers that be are trying to “fix” Hyde Park. A forum that “works” with some bumps.

But, the infraction system is something from posters from the left to the posters from the right that there is common agreement that it is broken.
There is also common agreement amongst the moderators that Hyde Park is broken. The amount of reported posts, infractions and general stress caused by Hyde Park is far, far higher than the rest of the forum combined. And whilst that is somewhat understandable with it being a political forum, it isn't okay for the handful of volunteer moderators to have to deal with that. Not to mention that many, many people are put off from joining in and sharing their opinions here because of the culture of personal attacks and mud slinging that actually have nothing to do with politics.

I'm sure you all want to hear new voices instead of having the same arguments with each other over and over again. Hyde Park has become stagnant, a place where everybody has heard everybody else's opinion a dozen times and there is nothing left but insults and anger and that defeats the point of the board. We want to make something with you guys that is better than Hyde Park, that is more about politics and debates and the issues we face and less about personal vendettas and point scoring.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:55 PM   #54
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post

I'm sure you all want to hear new voices instead of having the same arguments with each other over and over again. Hyde Park has become stagnant, a place where everybody has heard everybody else's opinion a dozen times and there is nothing left but insults and anger and that defeats the point of the board. We want to make something with you guys that is better than Hyde Park, that is more about politics and debates and the issues we face and less about personal vendettas and point scoring.
Oh, I suspect that there are some far more interested in 'point scoring' than in being listened to. For some people that seems to be their version of winning at life
Old 11-23-2016, 04:17 PM   #55
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I would be interested in an actual debate forum, when these new rules kick in.
In the current form I try to avoid even seeing the thread titles!
Old 11-23-2016, 06:14 PM   #56
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

It'll be the same personalities (posters and moderator) and that's most of the problem right there. Years of venom has just left the place a scorched Earth. Some of those posters should have been shown the door years ago. Plus this moderator as player nonsense needs to go as well. It makes an already tense situation frankly worse.

As for these new rules, be careful. They need to be very clear with none of this suspending posters for insulting the moderator's sensibilities. But don't make it so intricate that it looks like a labyrinth.

Better yet, just let Hyde Park die in peace. Then everyone can take their venom to Facebook like normal people.
Old 11-23-2016, 07:19 PM   #57
mommy4

mommy4 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesmommy4 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

You should let everyone start with a clean slate regarding infractions and temp banning. See how it goes and go from there. I liked opinions from a lot of posters, one reason I signed up was this forum.
Old 11-23-2016, 07:34 PM   #58
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sounds like a long needed flush of the toilet.

Not sure how "new rules" would somehow be better enforced in a new forum however....perhaps it's hoped to bring about a mental change of the usual suspects.
Closing it down until after the new year is bound to give some cooling off time and hopefully that stepping away may help some people to chill a little.
In others words, go back to whatever forum they get all the cartoons from in the first place...

I'm a 'left leaning moderate' who was ready to cut someone a couple of weeks ago....so yeah, time off from the horse shit is probably what the doctor ordered.

I hope everyone enjoys the holidays and thanks to the Mods for all that you do....make sure to vote yourselves a pay raise over the break

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"