Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Board Business

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 03:16 AM   #1
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Naming the new political board

The first question we have relating to the new political board is the name. Writing 'the new political board' all the time is tiring, after all!

In this thread, I want people to post suggestions of what they think the new name should be. Then, in a week's time (Thursday 1st December) I will set up a poll for people to vote on the suggestions provided.

Current suggestions we have come up with include:
  • Speaker's Corner
  • Bark Park
  • Conversation Café
  • Agora
  • Dispute-Land
  • Argumentarium
  • No Holds Barred
  • Insurrection Arena
  • Dissension Diorama
  • Gainsay Stadium
  • Impugn Hippodrome
  • Controvert Corner
  • Disputation Domain
  • War of the Roses
  • How I See It
  • Blatherskite
  • Politics: Hilarity Ensues
  • Write And Wrong
  • Contents Under Pressure
  • The Sandbox
  • My Two Cents
  • Penny For Your Thoughts
  • Chicken Little
  • For Your Consideration
  • Mental Floss
  • Ampersand
  • Crossfire
  • Octothorpe
  • Interrobang
  • Ponderous Pit
  • Smashed Potatoes
  • Squared Circle
  • Board Bites
  • The Soap Box

Okay, I'll keep adding to the suggestion list, but because there are so many suggestions I'm gonna have to make a series of polls and the winners of each poll can go into a final poll to decide the name of the board (we can only have ten choices per poll!). Hope this works for everybody!
Old 11-24-2016, 08:33 AM   #2
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Mudslinger's Den
Old 11-24-2016, 12:17 PM   #3
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
Mudslinger's Den
Weren't we looking for a more positive approach???

Some random ideas that popped up:
  • Agora
  • Dispute-Land
  • Argumentarium
Old 11-24-2016, 12:57 PM   #4
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
Weren't we looking for a more positive approach???
Darn it, there goes my idea of "The Fifth Ring." ;-)
Old 11-24-2016, 01:55 PM   #5
socrates74

socrates74 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessocrates74 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

"More rant than revelation"?
Old 11-24-2016, 07:31 PM   #6
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

No Holds Barred

Insurrection Arena

Deli and Big Mac's Excellent Adventure

Dissension Diorama

Gainsay Stadium

Impugn Hippodrome

Controvert Corner

Disputation Domain

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Old 11-24-2016, 07:38 PM   #7
Cheri

Cheri can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCheri can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Wars of the Roses

http://warsoftheroses.com/
Old 11-24-2016, 07:57 PM   #8
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hell In a Cell
Old 11-24-2016, 08:26 PM   #9
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post
Hell In a Cell
Considering that some of us are fatties, why not just go for "Hell's Kitchen" ?

Get it? ti hi hi

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
Old 11-24-2016, 09:17 PM   #10
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
The first question we have relating to the new political board is the name. Writing 'the new political board' all the time is tiring, after all!

Current suggestions we have come up with include:
  • Bark Park

Make it nonpolitical and have Xanthia moderate it.

A whole forum for Rep Your Pets posts!
Old 11-25-2016, 02:55 AM   #11
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post
Make it nonpolitical and have Xanthia moderate it.

A whole forum for Rep Your Pets posts!
Dammit he's onto us... this whole 'new political board' thing was all the cunning ruse of mine to have a pet-only board...
Old 11-25-2016, 04:00 PM   #12
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

"How I See It"

"Count / Pointercount"

"Keep Left"

"Keep Right"

"Blatherskipe" (spelling...?)

"Politics: Hilarity Ensues"

"Write And Wrong"

"Play Nice, Kids"

"Contents Under Pressure"

"Did You Just Say That?"

"The Sandbox"

"A Load Of Hooey"

"When I Fight Authority, Authority Always Wins"

"The Moderator Sleep-Deprivation Board"

"Master Debating"

"Jane, Get Me Off This Crazy Thing!"

"My Two Cents"

"Penny For Your Thoughts"

"#@*&!!!"

"Chicken Little"

"Chicks, Cars, And The Third World War"

"For Your Consideration"

"Mental Floss"

"Ampersand"

...I really have too much time on my hands...Come to think of it, that's another possible name.
Old 11-26-2016, 05:59 AM   #13
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
"How I See It"

"Count / Pointercount"

"Keep Left"

"Keep Right"

"Blatherskipe" (spelling...?)

"Politics: Hilarity Ensues"

"Write And Wrong"

"Play Nice, Kids"

"Contents Under Pressure"

"Did You Just Say That?"

"The Sandbox"

"A Load Of Hooey"

"When I Fight Authority, Authority Always Wins"

"The Moderator Sleep-Deprivation Board"

"Master Debating"

"Jane, Get Me Off This Crazy Thing!"

"My Two Cents"

"Penny For Your Thoughts"

"#@*&!!!"

"Chicken Little"

"Chicks, Cars, And The Third World War"

"For Your Consideration"

"Mental Floss"

"Ampersand"

...I really have too much time on my hands...Come to think of it, that's another possible name.
That would be Blatherskite (you were so close!), and I like that one. I also like The Sandbox. Bark Park is still my favorite. But I do like Blatherskite.

And yes, let's stay away from any titles with "Hell" in them or mudslinging, etc. The whole point is to steer away from that.
Old 11-26-2016, 02:51 PM   #14
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!

And Ampersand. I like Ampersand. But that might just be me...
Old 11-28-2016, 09:37 AM   #15
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Call it CROSSFIRE :P
Old 11-28-2016, 05:49 PM   #16
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggletiger View Post
Call it CROSSFIRE :P
I actually like this idea- even if it is a knock off

Old 11-28-2016, 10:10 PM   #17
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Beautiful Dreamer View Post
And Ampersand. I like Ampersand. But that might just be me...
Octothorpe?
Interrobang?
Old 11-29-2016, 05:01 AM   #18
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ponderous Pit
Smashed Potatoes
Squared Circle
Board Bites

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
Old 11-29-2016, 05:26 AM   #19
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

Interrobang is now my new second-favorite.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:26 AM   #20
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

.....bang!
Old 11-29-2016, 10:37 AM   #21
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Snarkorama
Old 11-29-2016, 04:40 PM   #22
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

No, see, that's what we're trying to get away from.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:49 PM   #23
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Wishful Thinking
Shitstorm
Hammered and Pickled
Red and Blue

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
Old 11-29-2016, 05:48 PM   #24
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Right or Wrong

Dumb and Dumber

Old 11-29-2016, 09:50 PM   #25
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

Same posters, same moderator? Just call it Hyde Park. That's what it'll be after a week.