Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 04-22-2017, 04:26 PM   #76
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
As I sit eating in a restaurant in Florida, it occurs to me you should be aware of another American peculiarity.

In the States, it's considered bad manners to eat from a fork in your left hand. When you're done cutting something (usually with knife in right hand and fork in left), you are expected to switch the fork to your right hand before taking a bite.

Seriously, it's a thing here.
Really? Is this an east coast thing?
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:43 PM   #77
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Really? Is this an east coast thing?
I have no idea. I just know I've gotten the hairy eyeball on a few occasions, be it in Southern Tennessee, Western Alabama, and some other places that I can't recall, as well as having visiting Americans comment on it in Canada.

This wasn't meant as a warning to our jet-setting Loop, so much as something that may strike her as odd should she observe it.
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:32 AM   #78
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I have no idea. I just know I've gotten the hairy eyeball on a few occasions, be it in Southern Tennessee, Western Alabama, and some other places that I can't recall, as well as having visiting Americans comment on it in Canada.

This wasn't meant as a warning to our jet-setting Loop, so much as something that may strike her as odd should she observe it.

I've never heard of it being rude, just not what you usually see.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:04 AM   #79
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

I always fork with my left hand. No one has ever given it a look that I've noticed.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:11 AM   #80
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am here with my little fatty and he is perfect. <3 i have already poked all the chub, and its cute to be around someone that makes me feel thin. :3
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:30 AM   #81
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
i am here with my little fatty and he is perfect. <3 i have already poked all the chub, and its cute to be around someone that makes me feel thin. :3
yayyyyyyyy!!
Old 05-18-2017, 02:41 PM   #82
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Happy dance for loops hope you have a great time chubbing around.
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:04 PM   #83
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leem View Post
Can I borrow the phrase "chubbing around?"
Old 05-19-2017, 07:10 AM   #84
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Chubbing around is the perfect word for it! I have squished all the chub and determined him to be a little fatty. :3 10/10, would always cuddle.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:58 AM   #85
loopytheone
Administrator

So, I'm back home from America and totally buzzed after having the time of my life there! I wanna ramble on and on about my experiences so feel free to ask me anything!

Also, I feel like everything we ate this week is worthy of note for the sheer unbridled gluttony:
  • 4 days worth of breakfast buffet
  • 4 large pizzas
  • 3 family sized bags of crisps
  • 1 chinese takeout
  • 3 'nutella bomb' pastries
  • 2 big burger meals, complete with giant ice cream
  • 2 more giant tubs of ice cream
  • 2 footlong subs with cookies and crisps
  • 1 helping of bakery food
  • 2 family packets of chocolate
  • 1 family bag of pretzels
  • >4 litres of soda
  • 2 smoothies/milkshakes

Not to mention all the food eaten at the airport etc etc. Most glorious week of my life.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:57 AM   #86
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My goodness, glad you still fit in your clothes for the trip home after all of that!

And so happy that you had a good trip :-)
Old 05-26-2017, 10:55 AM   #87
loopytheone
Administrator

Obligatory cute/funny couple pics~!
Old 05-26-2017, 12:39 PM   #88
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
and some more characters
Old 05-26-2017, 02:39 PM   #89
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Great shots. Did you have some Chicago style pizza?
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:05 PM   #90
RabbitScorpion
vienna carrier-no venom

RabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
You mean LUCKY couple pics!
Old 05-26-2017, 06:02 PM   #91
loopytheone
Administrator

Quote:
Great shots. Did you have some Chicago style pizza?
I did indeed! It was very good! Very rich, but very nice too.
Old 05-27-2017, 01:04 AM   #92
Anjula
miss wonderfulamazing

Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
You guys are SO cute!
Old 05-30-2017, 09:22 AM   #93
HereticFA

HereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
So, I'm back home from America and totally buzzed after having the time of my life there! I wanna ramble on and on about my experiences so feel free to ask me anything!

Also, I feel like everything we ate this week is worthy of note for the sheer unbridled gluttony:
  • 4 days worth of breakfast buffet
  • 4 large pizzas
  • 3 family sized bags of crisps
  • 1 chinese takeout
  • 3 'nutella bomb' pastries
  • 2 big burger meals, complete with giant ice cream
  • 2 more giant tubs of ice cream
  • 2 footlong subs with cookies and crisps
  • 1 helping of bakery food
  • 2 family packets of chocolate
  • 1 family bag of pretzels
  • >4 litres of soda
  • 2 smoothies/milkshakes

Not to mention all the food eaten at the airport etc etc. Most glorious week of my life.
In other words, a pretty standard week for food for many here in the US. If you think that's gluttonous, you should see some of the "Taste of <city>" events, or a major State Fair. Those can lead to some Serious Eating in a day.

I'm glad you had a great time. And I second Tad's comment about the clothes. I didn't see your post about coming for a visit until after you'd left home or I'd have warned you to pack your loose clothes. Traveling the US can be a broadening experience.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Travel_Broadens-sm.jpg (103.3 KB, 79 views)
HereticFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:14 PM   #94
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Where are you having the breakfast buffet at Loop? Must be good if you keep going back!

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:41 AM   #95
loopytheone
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFA View Post
In other words, a pretty standard week for food for many here in the US. If you think that's gluttonous, you should see some of the "Taste of <city>" events, or a major State Fair. Those can lead to some Serious Eating in a day.

I'm glad you had a great time. And I second Tad's comment about the clothes. I didn't see your post about coming for a visit until after you'd left home or I'd have warned you to pack your loose clothes. Traveling the US can be a broadening experience.
Hahaha, if this is standard then I'm not surprised so many americans are big! The food was super rich and I was totally full all the time, which is unusual for me. I'm normally that person who is constantly hungry!

I have gained some weight, hah! I was only gone for a week but I spent most of it lounging around in the hotel bed and eating so I suppose it is to be expected. I tried on a pair of trousers that fit fine before I left and I was a little afraid they would rip now if I sat down in them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Where are you having the breakfast buffet at Loop? Must be good if you keep going back!
It was just at the hotel! We stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Rosemont and it was really good. I got to try french toast!
Old 05-31-2017, 08:15 AM   #96
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I got to try french toast!
...you've never had it???

sorry, it's so standard here its like saying "I got to try potatos!"
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:15 PM   #97
loopytheone
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
...you've never had it???

sorry, it's so standard here its like saying "I got to try potatos!"
I'm british, we tend not to have a lot of french things over here on principal.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:49 PM   #98
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I'm british, we tend not to have a lot of french things over here on principal.

Haha it isn't french. Thats just what we call all ethnic food here =p
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:02 PM   #99
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Perhaps you encountered an 'English muffin' there as well.
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:36 PM   #100
loopytheone
Administrator

Quote:
Perhaps you encountered an 'English muffin' there as well.
I heard the term and was scared and avoided it.