Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 12-18-2005, 06:27 PM   #26
ClashCityRocker
Outer Space Potato Man

ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default wowzers

gluttony has never been more enticing. keep me from all this food.

aaron£
ClashCityRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 10:24 PM   #27
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I plan to take pics of my holiday baking later this week. I hope others will too.

Come on, show us your cookies!

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 08:45 AM   #28
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWDREAMLOVER
I LOVE Iron Chef to!! & I prefer the Japanese version to for the same reason.
We have a morimoto restaurant here in Philly. My friend has a signed menu in a frame up on her wall (from a birthday meal shared with her BF, or somesuch)
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 07:39 PM   #29
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I bought myself a new mixer - a KitchenAid - and it's awesome. I decided to bake some treats to take to a Christmas dinner I was invited to. I got the recipes from Land O'Lakes' website.

I did all my baking on Christmas Eve, but unfortunately, I forgot to take the pics until after Christmas, when only the leftovers were remaining - and they were worse for wear.

Here is the first one I baked.

They had powdered sugar on top, but it melted in by Sunday night. They were quite tiny - one or two bites. They were okay, altho everyone else seemed to think they were spicy and good.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 12-27-2005, 07:46 PM   #30
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Next

Jamie had posted about these, and that's what got me looking at the Land O'Lakes site to begin with. They were almost a disaster from the start - I misread the directions for the crust, and put in too much flour. Had to adjust the rest of the ingredients to get the ratio close to what it should be.

When I was making the cheesecake filling it wouldn't smooth out. It looked like watery cottage cheese, so I figured they would be a disaster.

I baked them, and when they were cool enough to taste, I thought they were pretty boring. But I used freshly grated nutmeg, which was a great decision, since the flavor of the nutmeg improved overnight, and the next day they were much tastier (but still not good enough to make again, in my opinion). Also, the recipe has a picture showing much more cheesecake filling than mine ended up with.

Continued...
Old 12-27-2005, 07:52 PM   #31
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

The best of all (although this picture was taken WAY past their prime...)

I made these because there is a Russell Stover candy that I really love - they are called "Mint Dreams" and they are minty marshmallow-filled dark chocolate.

These were a pain to make, as I had to make each chocolate cup individually. They were really delicious though, and looked much prettier on Saturday than they did on Sunday. I had crushed starlight mint candies on top, but they melted into the marshmallow/heavy cream filling pretty fast.

Last one coming up...
Old 12-27-2005, 08:05 PM   #32
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

I was sooo tired, and my back was aching like crazy, but I didn't want to waste the Cocoa Krispies and the pretzels I'd bought...And it wasn't like I could make the following treats later on. It had to be for Christmas...

These came out really cute, and tasted good! (I happen to like Rice Krispies Treats, so I might be biased). They were HARD to make tho - the cereal was very sticky to work with (had to keep buttering my hands!) and the antlers...well, let's just say that pretzels like to decide for themselves where they want to break. It often took 10 pretzels to get one pair of antlers! The reindeer pictured above were the misfits of the litter (altho still pretty damn cute) - the most perfect ones were taken to the dinner.

All in all it was fun and worth the pain in my back (easy to say now that it's feeling fine!). I bought tons of ingredients so I am ready to start my next baking frenzy, which should be this weekend.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:06 AM   #33
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Great pics, Randi - looks like you were working hard up there.

I agree with you on the eggnog bars. I liked mine at first and thought they were great, but after the first day I was kind of disappointed with them. My crust tasted weird and I didn't think there was enough filling. If I make them again, it will solely be because my best friend Ed will not shut up about them. He loved them and the nutmeg-y taste.

Love the cute little reindeer.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:29 AM   #34
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I love me some mint dreams but I swear Russel Stover has changed the formula. And to add insult to injury, they aren't even readily available.

I think I'll make the mallow cups for new year's. Yumm-o!
Old 01-02-2006, 06:39 PM   #35
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Default Gingerbread Castle Bundt Cake

Just baked this cake (tho' a bit late for my New Year's weekend celebration. Wah!) I got the awesome bundt pan as a holiday gift from my roommate.

This is a gingerbread cake, which I cut into and covered in whipped cream minutes after taking this pic.

Another view in the next post...
Old 01-02-2006, 06:41 PM   #36
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Here's a shot of a different side of the cake:

Old 01-02-2006, 06:49 PM   #37
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

very, very adorable.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:53 PM   #38
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Thanks, Jamie!

It is deeeelish! Very moist inside. It has nutty gingery streusel running through it too!

Next up, is the eggnog pound cake. I am still going to make it, even though we are a bit past the season!
Old 01-02-2006, 07:12 PM   #39
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

How wonderful!!!!! We need to have a pot luck! You bring desserts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft
It is deeeelish! Very moist inside. It has nutty gingery streusel running through it too!

!
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:35 PM   #40
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPrincess
How wonderful!!!!! We need to have a pot luck! You bring desserts!
I love that idea

I would definitely bring this cake - but would decorate it better (instead of just powdered sugar).

now, if only we all lived in NJ.

ouch! Why is everyone throwing things at me?? NJ isn't so bad!

Old 01-02-2006, 09:30 PM   #41
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Did someone mention bacon?

I just tried this recipe today. What's better than pork wrapped in pork? They were pretty good, not made to eat too many at a time, but were tasty.

Bacon Wrapped Smokies

1 pound sliced bacon, cut into thirds
1 (14 ounce) package beef cocktail wieners
3/4 cup brown sugar, or to taste

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Refrigerate 2/3 of the bacon until needed. It is easier to wrap the wieners with cold bacon. Wrap each cocktail wiener with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle brown sugar generously over all.
Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until the sugar is bubbly. To serve, place the wieners in a slow cooker and keep on the low setting.
ValentineBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:46 PM   #42
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentineBBW
I just tried this recipe today. What's better than pork wrapped in pork? They were pretty good, not made to eat too many at a time, but were tasty.
OMG! That pic and recipe made my mouth water. Literally!! I think the idea of the brown sugar put me over the top! yummmm! That reminds me, I need to post the bacon candy and bacon cookie recipes in the "ordinary foods made better" thread!
Old 01-02-2006, 09:55 PM   #43
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
OMG! That pic and recipe made my mouth water. Literally!! I think the idea of the brown sugar put me over the top! yummmm! That reminds me, I need to post the bacon candy and bacon cookie recipes in the "ordinary foods made better" thread!

I didn't put very much brown sugar on top because I wasn't sure of the combo, but it turned out well. I think I would have eaten more if I hadn't already had oyster and clam dip, deviled eggs, cheese ball, tortilla roll-ups and cheese ball. Thank heavens I don't do that too often. I think tomorrow is going to be nothing but veggies all day to counteract the food of today.
ValentineBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:54 PM   #44
Gordo Mejor

Gordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Smile That looks too good to eat!

Quote:
Just baked this cake (tho' a bit late for my New Year's weekend celebration. Wah!) I got the awesome bundt pan as a holiday gift from my roommate.

This is a gingerbread cake, which I cut into and covered in whipped cream minutes after taking this pic.
Another view in the next post...
Like a snow-covered alpine village. Mmmm.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:42 PM   #45
TaciturnBadger

TaciturnBadger can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster
Awesome pics. Yum. Reminds me of the photographs I took of an 8-course meal I had at Iron Chef Japan's restaurant in Tokyo.

I'm an Iron Chef fanatic -- which one was it? Masaharu Morimoto?

--B.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:45 PM   #46
TaciturnBadger

TaciturnBadger can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy

Did someone put food and porn in the same sentence?

I'm almost worried that, amidst all the tasty-looking food, and a sexy belly, you have ALKA SELTZER, of all things!!

But, that begs the question be asked: Is that the food, or the porn? :-P~~

--B.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:57 AM   #47
Denial

Denial has said some nice things

Ooh foodporn!! I'm totally drooling here. Great pics.
Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:02 AM   #48
swamptoad

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!

Have you ever seen a burger this big before?

burger.JPG
Old 01-15-2006, 12:47 AM   #49
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamptoad
Have you ever seen a burger this big before?

Attachment 2197
I actually just saw this tonite. Your timing is perfect!

Old 01-15-2006, 02:03 AM   #50
swamptoad

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!
Thumbs up

Wow.... how awesome SoVerySoft!

hehehe