Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 01-15-2006, 09:30 AM   #51
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

But did they finish?
Old 01-15-2006, 11:03 AM   #52
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

As someone who is not really a hamburger person, I find that disgusting. I can imagine some might find it to be the holy grail of burgers, I guess.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 07:28 AM   #53
swamptoad

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina
As someone who is not really a hamburger person, I find that disgusting. I can imagine some might find it to be the holy grail of burgers, I guess.
*LOL*

aint it though!
Old 01-17-2006, 02:33 AM   #54
BBWMoon
Kisses

BBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft
The best of all (although this picture was taken WAY past their prime...)

I'd love to try one of those! They look yummy, SVS!
BBWMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:27 AM   #55
Denial

Denial has said some nice things

Are those for real?
Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:09 PM   #56
swamptoad

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!

*yikes* I found another one.

hungry.JPG
Old 01-20-2006, 06:00 PM   #57
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denial
Are those for real?

Sure are. There are several restaurants where eating a burger like this is a challenge. If you eat it all within a certain time limit, then it's free. I've heard of one place that has a gigantic steak contest as well.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:03 PM   #58
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentineBBW
I just tried this recipe today. What's better than pork wrapped in pork? They were pretty good, not made to eat too many at a time, but were tasty.
That one is on my list to try. They look so tasty.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:21 AM   #59
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Just thought I would share some pics of a Rainbow Jell-O Jigglers that I made for a diversity pot luck lunch at work today.

Jello uncut5.jpg
I made the Jell-O in an 8x8 pan. Here it is before I cut it into pieces. Next post shows it cut and on a serving plate.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 12:23 AM   #60
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Jigglers 11.jpg
Took this with a flash. Aren't these pretty?? I'll show you what it looks like without a flash. (next post)....
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 01-21-2006, 12:26 AM   #61
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

OK, I know, ENOUGH already with the Jell-O pics. But I just like how they look!
jigglers 08.jpg
When taken without a flash they don't look as shiny as they really were, but you can see the colors really well. This was my first time making these, and I learned a few things that the recipe I followed didn't tell me. Next time they will be perfect!
Old 01-21-2006, 01:16 AM   #62
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

WOW! SVS, those are terrific! Let me know the tips and tricks, and the recipe! They look incredibly fun, and tasty. thanks for the pics!
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 08:33 AM   #63
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Randi - These are brilliant. So cute and the idea is great. Were they tasty? Thanks again for keeping us drooling
Old 01-21-2006, 08:38 AM   #64
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

More Praise for the Diversity Jello! I keep pulling up the thread and showing people! The consensus is that it is spectacular, and we are all waiting for the recipe.
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:54 AM   #65
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I keep staring at your jello photo. It's mesmerizing
Old 01-21-2006, 01:42 PM   #66
swamptoad

Smile

That is the most colorfull jello I have ever seen! *lol*

I was thinking that dessert could go for such an occasion as St. Patrick's Day.

You could decorate around it and possibly add:

(1) 4 leaf clovers
(2) Leprechauns
(3) a pot of gold

I love the picture.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:07 PM   #67
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft
OK, I know, ENOUGH already with the Jell-O pics. But I just like how they look!
Attachment 2437
When taken without a flash they don't look as shiny as they really were, but you can see the colors really well. This was my first time making these, and I learned a few things that the recipe I followed didn't tell me. Next time they will be perfect!
Dayum!!! SVS those look awesome --- I think they already look perfect. Are you a professional food photographer b/c everything you take pics of looks absolutely wonderful!!!

ValentineBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 02:08 PM   #68
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

oooh! I am glad you all liked them so much!! Here's the story...

I went to a potluck a couple of years ago and a friend of mine made a gorgeous rainbow jello mold. Soooo pretty. I was inspired, but never made it, until now.

(here's her jello mold):

Anyhow, since I didn't have a nice mold like that, and thought using my "castle" bundt cake pan might be a little ambitious, and using a lobster mold might be a bit confusing, I decided to use an 8" x 8" cake pan and make "jigglers" instead of a full blown jello mold.

There is a recipe on the Jell-o site for the full jello mold. But since I wanted to make jigglers, I searched for other recipes. (For those of you who do not know, jigglers are gelatin snacks made using less liquid so they are more solid or rubbery. They are finger foods, unlike regular jello.)

Anyhow, the normal recipe for jigglers calls for 4 pkgs of jello and 2-1/2 cups of water. I found a recipe for rainbow jigglers that called for 5 pkgs and 5 cups, so needless to say, I wasnt sure what to do.

Here is the recipe I found, and pretty much followed.

Rainbow Jello Jigglers

5 3-ounce boxes Jello, use 5 different colors/flavors
4 ounces sour cream
5 cups boiling water

Dissolve first box of Jello in 1 cup boiling water. Pour 2/3 cup into 8 by 8 inch pan. Refrigerate until firm. Mix 2 tablespoons sour cream with remaining 1/3 cup hot liquid Jello. Jello must be hot for sour cream to blend. Once the first layer is firm, pour sour cream and Jello mixture on top of first layer. Repeat, using remaining 4 boxes of Jello. Each layer must be firm before additional layers are added. The first layer usually takes the longest to chill, approximately 30 to 45 minutes. The remaining layers usually chill in 15 to 20 minutes. To serve, place pan in warm water for about 5 seconds. Invert onto large plate and cut into small squares.

I cut the liquid a little bit (used 7/8 of a cup of water for each package) And here's what I learned, as I made the recipe:

1. When they say '2/3 cup' and remaining '1/3 cup' it isn't really accurate, since once you've mixed in the Jello, the volume increases. So be aware of that.

2. I screwed up early on. I made the first solid layer (purple). Let it chill. Added the creamy purple layer (which was left out while the first layer chilled. Where I screwed up was...when I made the blue layer, it was still very warm when I poured it on top of the creamy purple, which caused the creamy purple layer and the new blue layer to get kind of mixed together (you'll see in my Jello the creamy purple layer and the solid blue sort of became all one). I corrected this going foward by preparing the next color while the jello was chilling, and even put it in the fridge to cool down a bit more before adding it.

3. I would end on a solid color, not a creamy one. On mine the last layer (creamy strawberry) seemed to fall off, once I cut the pieces. I am not sure if it's because I added it later than I did the other layers (and maybe that caused it to not adhere as well?) or if it is just not as "sticky" since the sour cream dilutes the gelatin-to-liquid ratio.

4. One other thing - the original Jello recipe says to spray the pan with cooking spray. ewww. I didn't want that stuff on my Jello. I had no trouble at all unmolding mine. I used a spatula to release the sides, and dunked the bottom of the pan in hot water for just a couple of seconds, and viola! it came right out. (I was very happy about that!)

I would make this again, in a heartbeat. It did take hours, well, I needed to be here for hours (because of the waiting time between layers) but the effort level was really minor.

I think I will buy a pretty mold pan so I can make it that way, but I really liked the jiggler idea!
Old 01-21-2006, 03:05 PM   #69
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie
Were they tasty?
Ooops. forgot to respond. Yes, Jamie, they are really good!! (but I actually like Jello.) The sour cream adds another dimension and even tho the flavors are totally artificial, they smelled amazing as I worked on each layer, and I was SO ready to eat them when they were ready!!
Old 01-26-2006, 12:13 AM   #70
swamptoad

I thought I would share a silly picture:

coolio 011.jpg

Hi SVS.

Those Jello pictures are the coolest!
Old 01-26-2006, 11:43 AM   #71
DevouringAZ

DevouringAZ has said some nice things
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamptoad
Have you ever seen a burger this big before?

Attachment 2197

lol, that's so freakin' awsome
DevouringAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:34 PM   #72
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isa
Sure are. There are several restaurants where eating a burger like this is a challenge. If you eat it all within a certain time limit, then it's free. I've heard of one place that has a gigantic steak contest as well.
When I was younger and my family would visit Amarillo 2-3 times per year, my grandparents used to take us here http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/TXAMAsteak.html, and I remember seeing pictures of all the people who had successfuly earned a free steak dinner. I guess I had the *your eyes are bigger than your stomach* syndrome, being a skinny waif, because I never saw what the big deal was. As an adult, I've often wondered how I would fare with this challenge, but I've never had an opportunity to go back since my grandparents both passed on years ago. Maybe I'll have to plan a road trip...who's coming?

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:36 PM   #73
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
I thought I would share a silly picture:

Hi SVS.

Those Jello pictures are the coolest!
Hey swampthing..I mean toad! Glad you like the jello. So, did you make that oreo tower all by yourself? What else was going on on that table?? It's hard to tell if that sandwich is part of the sculpture.

Maybe we should have a thread about playing with our food!! hehe!
Old 01-26-2006, 08:50 PM   #74
swamptoad

Yep, I made that all by myself and I also took the picture. (its sort of a balancing act)

The picture looks bewilderingly, tricky though. Doesn't it?
Old 01-26-2006, 09:18 PM   #75
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Yep, I made that all by myself and I also took the picture. (its sort of a balancing act)

The picture looks bewilderingly, tricky though. Doesn't it?
You are an amazingly talented man. I am humbled. What else can you do??