Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Clothing/Fashion

Old 05-02-2017, 05:45 PM   #1
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

DragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticed
Default MAKEUP- Oh How I love MAKEUP

I just scored the SMASHBOX Lighting Theory Master Class Palette:Contour Strobe Shadow

The box promises I will learn to apply color for
  • Daytime
  • Office Hours
  • Magic Hour
  • Nighttime

After watching the Met Gala and enough Keep up with the K's I am all about some Contouring....

So as a big fatty.. do the contour rules change, my cheeks are round, I am sure there are cheekbones under there but they are lovely and padded.
Any thoughts from other big gals about the latest trends.

Other then of course that your eyebrows should now look like two catterpillers creeping at each other across your forehead.

One more thing - What is the Magic Hour? And if it involves sweating why would you want to put on makeup?
DragonFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:19 PM   #2
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I used to use smash box stuff its pretty good.
Lancome is my go too now.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:24 AM   #3
Champaigne

Champaigne can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesChampaigne can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm not all that comfortable with contouring yet, so I'm sticking with a powder contouring set that I got from Napoleon Perdis. It's a really good brand, and I love their concealers. As for contouring rules for us with slightly rounder face, I believe Nikkie from Nikkitutorials has some valuable tips when it comes to contouring and highlighting.

As for the magic hour, I think this is like the golden hour for photographers. Basically before sunset. Hope I helped some!
Champaigne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:53 PM   #4
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Luckily my face isn't fat like the rest of me so I can contour with a brush like I always did.
I find myself not really contouring the nose or cheek bones like I used to on a daily basis.
If I am going out to a club with friends I do the full make up routine and hair.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:10 PM   #5
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

DragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champaigne View Post
I'm not all that comfortable with contouring yet, so I'm sticking with a powder contouring set that I got from Napoleon Perdis. It's a really good brand, and I love their concealers. As for contouring rules for us with slightly rounder face, I believe Nikkie from Nikkitutorials has some valuable tips when it comes to contouring and highlighting.

As for the magic hour, I think this is like the golden hour for photographers. Basically before sunset. Hope I helped some!
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give a look
Old 08-17-2017, 11:12 PM   #6
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracii View Post
Luckily my face isn't fat like the rest of me so I can contour with a brush like I always did.
I find myself not really contouring the nose or cheek bones like I used to on a daily basis.
If I am going out to a club with friends I do the full make up routine and hair.

I used to do full war paint every day....now not so much. Contouring everyday would be crazy... I would get blending hand or something
Old 08-27-2017, 04:52 PM   #7
Cynthia

Cynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging in

Contouring doesn't do much for me, and I'm too lazy to go through the elaborate process that I see on YouTube tutorials. Instead of fighting my face shape, I apply lots of rosy gel-cream blush to play up the natural roundness. Glossier's Cloud Paint is a joy to use.
Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 06:37 PM   #8
Tracii

I have to dress nicely for work (office) so make up is an everyday thing.
Some days if I have meetings or clients I have to deal with I will do the whole routine.
Boss says keep up the high class professional image LOL