Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Board Business

View Poll Results: Should we adjust the Rep system?
No, it is fine as it is 0 0%
Yes, reduce the number of people we need spread rep around to 13 100.00%
Yes, but I have another idea (please state) 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2017, 01:03 PM   #1
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Rep System Changes

It's come to my attention that a lot of people feel the rep system is broken so I thought I would start a poll/discussion on it here.

The main issue seems to be with the spread of rep needed; in order to rep the same person twice you need to rep 10 other people first. I know this worked fine when the forums were more active but with fewer users I can understand why this might be a bit high. My suggestion would be the change the number of people you need to rep to 5 and see if that improves things.

I'd like the thoughts/votes of people interested.
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:14 PM   #2
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thanks loopy!
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:45 PM   #3
fuelingfire

fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I know I have seen how the system works somewhere, can you repost it. Is there a reset time for repping?
Old 08-02-2017, 07:22 AM   #4
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelingfire View Post
I know I have seen how the system works somewhere, can you repost it. Is there a reset time for repping?
Ah, sorry, I forgot that it isn't really explained anywhere in detail how it works. I can't find an explanation for it anywhere else but I can write one up for you now.

Reputation Power: How much rep you give out to others depends on how long you have been a member, how many posts you have made and how much rep you have been given.

Reputation giving frequency: You can give rep to five people per day. You must give rep to 10 different people before you can give rep to the same person again.

The last point is the one I think needs changing to account for the smaller userbase at the moment; making it so you only need to rep 5 other people before you can rep the same person again.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:59 AM   #5
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

From a plain statistical point of view - I second that the reputation giving frequency seriously needs to be changed.

That was always really though - but with the lower number of posters it has turned almost impossible.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:27 AM   #6
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
From a plain statistical point of view - I second that the reputation giving frequency seriously needs to be changed.

That was always really though - but with the lower number of posters it has turned almost impossible.
Yes, I agree!
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 07:00 AM   #7
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

I agree it needs to be lowered. The idea of minimum torep before repeating is probably to get people to rep outside their circles. Ideally say you would have to rep your active circle of friends plus say 20% additional people. So I think five might be a little low for that purpose, plus you want repping someone to mean something. If you can do it every post it becomes boring, plus people active on more boards should have more rep to give so you want them to maintain some advantage over someone like me who never goes into stories or whatever else. I think dropping by half is probably too much. Plus if the number of people you can rep per day is equal to the number you have to rep before you can rep someone else then you can rep the same people every day. Do we want it like that?
Old 08-07-2017, 06:09 AM   #8
loopytheone
Administrator

Okay, the poll has closed and apparently 100% of people want the change I suggested so we will do that. =)

Given what Dwes has said, I think I might start by lowering the spread needed to 7 rather than 5. If you could all give it a couple of week/month to get used to the new setting and then get back to me on whether or not you want it lowered further, than would be great.

Thanks for your input everyone.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:37 PM   #9
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

DragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging in

Thank you Loopy!!!!
DragonFly is offline   Reply With Quote