Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 11-30-2017, 11:07 AM   #1
biggirlluvher

biggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Flaunting Your Fat

I've just started working part-time at a department store. At 5'11" & 250lbs, I'm officially the biggest/heaviest guy on their payroll.

I'm now experiencing some of the bias and discrimination some of you who are heavier than me might have been subjected to for years. One coworker, who's 3-month pregnancy is quickly showing, is just as quick to comment on a young plumper coworker's snacking on cookies when she sees her. She's made comments up to 3 times in my presence, most recently last night, about my belly size.

I'll admit to never feeling as big as I am since working at this store. A few months ago, I once caught the reflection of my belly in the window while sitting down at my day job desk and was a bit surprised at how big it was. Since working at this store, I feel like the term BHM applies to me now. When I was shopping for clothes for myself, I was looking in the XL-XXL sections which were smaller than the other smaller sizes available. I have a reflection of my profile near the changing rooms. If the counter were slightly lower, my belly would hang over or rest on it. I sometimes kinda like knowing that I've gotten as big as I have when I'm there. Yet I sometimes wear sweaters and cardigans to try to conceal my belly but it still shows. The holidays haven't really begun but my eating has already increased. There is a McDonald's nearby as well as a high end grocery store. Guess where I go for food on my breaks.

I'm on the verge of just owning my size and letting it hang out while I'm there rather than trying to hide or suck it in. This is a department store that by its nature doesn't take bigger people into much consideration and as an extension of that, the staff could have their own bias against bigger people as well. Have any of you really flaunted your size at your workplace? Are you able to eat what and how much you want at work without anyone criticizing you for it? Are you able to do so or your environment doesn't permit it?
biggirlluvher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:30 AM   #2
BigFA

BigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot pics

Your co-worker who is 3 month's pregnant may be commenting on your other female coworkers size and your belly size as a way to deflect the fact that she realizes she is going to be getting big herself over the next 6 months and will probably gain additional weight as well. If I were in that situation I would pat my belly and say: 'Maybe I am getting pregnant as well" as a way to deflect her comments and make light of it.

I have always gained weight on each job I have held. My last one before retirement, I started there at 280 and ate my way up to 305 dining at a variety of fast food outlets for lunch every day and snacking continuously on all the goodies that the women in my office would bring. I made a decision earlier when I weighed 250 that I was going to just let it all hang out and not worry about what people may think. No one in my office ever commented about my continual gaining. And I just referred to myself as a fat guy who loved to eat. So my advice to you is enjoy the ride and be yourself. Showing self-confidence as an individual regardless how much you weigh is always an attractive way to act in an office setting and earns self-respect from your co-workers.
BigFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:33 AM   #3
biggirlluvher

biggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I just remembered there was a thread with this subject already.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:36 AM   #4
biggirlluvher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFA View Post
Your co-worker who is 3 month's pregnant may be commenting on your other female coworkers size and your belly size as a way to deflect the fact that she realizes she is going to be getting big herself over the next 6 months and will probably gain additional weight as well. If I were in that situation I would pat my belly and say: 'Maybe I am getting pregnant as well" as a way to deflect her comments and make light of it.

I have always gained weight on each job I have held. My last one before retirement, I started there at 280 and ate my way up to 305 dining at a variety of fast food outlets for lunch every day and snacking continuously on all the goodies that the women in my office would bring. I made a decision earlier when I weighed 250 that I was going to just let it all hang out and not worry about what people may think. No one in my office ever commented about my continual gaining. And I just referred to myself as a fat guy who loved to eat. So my advice to you is enjoy the ride and be yourself. Showing self-confidence as an individual regardless how much you weigh is always an attractive way to act in an office setting and earns self-respect from your co-workers.
Thanks BFA! I appreciate that.