Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 12-25-2017, 07:23 PM   #1
biggirlluvher

biggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Breaking (Bad) Belts

I recently started wearing a new and biggest belt for a few days and noticed that the leather was tearing, threatening to break. I don't remember the belt being in bad shape or on the verge of breaking. Luckily I have more belts.
Has that happened to anyone here or it's an isolated incident that I experienced?
biggirlluvher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 09:44 PM   #2
plushkitty

plushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 club

I had one of those braided leather belts a while back. I liked the way it looked, and how any point on the belt could become a hole. Custom fit! Alas, those little strips of leather are much more prone to wear and tear than one big strip of leather. Once the edge of the braid started breaking down I got rid of it, because that's ugly and tacky.

Actually I'm looking for a new belt now. Usually I don't wear them, they rest between my belly rolls and kind of dig into the fat when I sit down, but my latest jeans are a little big in the waist. All the better to grow into! That means I really should use a belt though, and my longest belt is now too short.
plushkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 10:43 PM   #3
biggirlluvher

biggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by plushkitty View Post
I had one of those braided leather belts a while back. I liked the way it looked, and how any point on the belt could become a hole. Custom fit! Alas, those little strips of leather are much more prone to wear and tear than one big strip of leather. Once the edge of the braid started breaking down I got rid of it, because that's ugly and tacky.

Actually I'm looking for a new belt now. Usually I don't wear them, they rest between my belly rolls and kind of dig into the fat when I sit down, but my latest jeans are a little big in the waist. All the better to grow into! That means I really should use a belt though, and my longest belt is now too short.
That's what happened to me with the belt. When I would sit down, especially in a car, I'd feel the belt and top of my jeans under my belly. This was a new sensation for me considering I'm at my heaviest now and my belly it's biggest. The belt was similar to what you described too. You could connect the buckle to any hole and in my case it was the first hole with some tugging. With or without a belt, do you find yourself pulling up your pants?
Old 12-26-2017, 03:24 AM   #4
TwoSwords

TwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggirlluvher View Post
I recently started wearing a new and biggest belt for a few days and noticed that the leather was tearing, threatening to break. I don't remember the belt being in bad shape or on the verge of breaking. Luckily I have more belts.
Has that happened to anyone here or it's an isolated incident that I experienced?
I get fraying on my belts all the time. I think it's because my waistline is a different size when I'm standing vs. sitting.
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 01:37 PM   #5
LarryTheNoodleGuy

LarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going onLarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going onLarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going onLarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going onLarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going onLarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSwords View Post
I get fraying on my belts all the time. I think it's because my waistline is a different size when I'm standing vs. sitting.
Amen. My belly sitting is at least 4 inches bigger than when I'm standing.
LarryTheNoodleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 04:01 PM   #6
plushkitty

plushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
That's what happened to me with the belt. When I would sit down, especially in a car, I'd feel the belt and top of my jeans under my belly. This was a new sensation for me considering I'm at my heaviest now and my belly it's biggest. The belt was similar to what you described too. You could connect the buckle to any hole and in my case it was the first hole with some tugging. With or without a belt, do you find yourself pulling up your pants?
Yeah, I have to pull them up all the time and I hate it. I think next time I buy jeans I'll go with a full elastic waistband. Not very stylish, but elastic accommodates the change in waist size between standing and sitting better than a belt or traditional waistband. Two of the pairs I bought this time have partial elastic, but not enough to keep the jeans from sliding down, and I'm not into showing plumber's butt or my underwear!
plushkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 10:58 PM   #7
biggirlluvher

Quote:
Just prior to my post, the belt was coming unhooked and sometimes the buckle could be seen dangling from below my shirt. After the last 3 nights of big Christmas meals, I got undressed tonight and was pulling the belt off my jeans. It broke at the part where the leather was frayed. It was even crumbling a little at the edge like a cookie. The only thing relatively salvageable is the buckle.