Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 09-10-2017, 03:35 PM   #1
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Gabrielle Deydier

She's my hero. I couldn't get the URL to work, but she's on the Guardian website: https:theguardian.com/society/2017/sep/10/gabrielle-deydier-fat-in-france-abuse-grossophobia-book-women. Trust me, it's worth the effort to track down.

PS: she's hot, too.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:09 AM   #2
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Very interesting find - thank you.

My personal experience though is that France has gotten easier and more tolerant regarding the - modestly - overweight in the past decades.

On language exchange decades ago, I couldn't even find anything in size US 12/14.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:13 AM   #3
azerty
Life is worth living

azerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
She's my hero. I couldn't get the URL to work, but she's on the Guardian website: https:theguardian.com/society/2017/sep/10/gabrielle-deydier-fat-in-france-abuse-grossophobia-book-women. Trust me, it's worth the effort to track down.

PS: she's hot, too.
Very interesting. Thank you. Questioning to read such an interview on an English website, while she is French. It seems to have made the buzz more abroad than in France, even though she has been interviewed here. France has a lot to do the fight against fat phobia.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:15 AM   #4
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The English and French have always seemed to enjoy picking at the flaws in each other's cultures. To an outsider it can seem like siblings who mostly get along on the big points but still manage to look down on each other.

But certainly French culture has a history of demanding things of female appearance that seem very strange to outsiders (I lived there long ago -- mid 80s -- so I'm sure things have changed, but as an example, I recall American parents being outraged when their daughter of about 7 years old was being given instructions in walking 'properly' by her French school teacher "Walk as if you were holding a metro ticket between your buttocks." On one level a bit of deportment is not a crazy thing to teacher, but on another ... it says that these things are important, and helps set expectations from a very young age)