Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Clothing/Fashion

Old 10-25-2017, 12:37 AM   #1
plushkitty

plushkitty carries a lot of weight on this boardplushkitty carries a lot of weight on this boardplushkitty carries a lot of weight on this boardplushkitty carries a lot of weight on this boardplushkitty carries a lot of weight on this boardplushkitty carries a lot of weight on this board
Default SSBBWs, where do you find winter coats?

Coats suitable for snow, that is. I'll be moving to Colorado from California soon, and I've never bought a heavy winter coat! I checked L.L. Bean and Land's End, but neither of them run big enough. :/ I am very wide in the hips. Are the coats at Torrid warm enough for snow?
plushkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:33 AM   #2
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Check fullbeauty.com. Some of their coats go to a 5X, and they have actual winter coats.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:45 AM   #3
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I took a quick look and a couple of the Torrid coats looked like they might be OK? (not sure how cold you are dealing with at street level in Colorado).

Another option might be to order from a Canadian plus sizes store? Certainly they sell some jackets meant for serious winter weather. Penningtons and Addition-Elle are the places to check (and they both ship into the US). If you are looking at their web-sites, make sure to check what currency they are quoting the price to you in (I'm not sure if they give prices in US$ to browsers from the US, or not).
Old 10-25-2017, 07:32 PM   #4
plushkitty

plushkitty carries a lot of weight on this boardplushkitty carries a lot of weight on this boardplushkitty carries a lot of weight on this boardplushkitty carries a lot of weight on this boardplushkitty carries a lot of weight on this boardplushkitty carries a lot of weight on this board

Tracyarts: Thanks for the suggestion! I haven't been impressed with the quality of clothes I've bought from Roaman's or Woman Within, but it could be worth trying on Black Friday.

Tad: Canadian plus size companies! Of course they would have warm coats! I should have thought of that, duh. I actually got my one and only pair of tall boots from a Canadian company (Toe Warmers), they are very warm and have good traction. The yearly low temperatures in the town I'll be moving to are around -15 F, the daytime averages for the winter months are in the 20s. So it's not super cold but I will definitely want a warm coat.
plushkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:38 PM   #5
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plushkitty View Post
Tracyarts: Thanks for the suggestion! I haven't been impressed with the quality of clothes I've bought from Roaman's or Woman Within, but it could be worth trying on Black Friday.
Check for coupon codes now, I just ordered a coat on Monday that was marked half price, and was able to use a 40% coupon code on top of that.

Like you said, quality isn't that impressive, but sale + coupon makes the price fair.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:42 PM   #6
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

DragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging in

Iíve been able to find a heavy coat at King size. The ones from WW or Romans are never heavy enough for me.
DragonFly is offline   Reply With Quote