Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 09-26-2006, 09:36 PM   #1
Ivy
more cake, please!

Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!
Thumbs down Moving = Poop.

So, I'm in the middle of moving.. Before moving into my apartment I painted it LIME green with HOT pink trim. My kitchen, is orange.

I have to repaint everything. My mom drove all the way from Ohio to help with the task and to help me move all of my boxes from my place to my new place.. I've been living there since June (it's actually boyfriend's place) but all of my furniture and the majority of my posessions were still at my old place.

I am EXHAUSTED. All you people who do all this moving.. I do not know how you do it!

And, come June I'm gonna have to do this all over again when me and the be oh oh get a new place.. That isn't 400 sq. feet!

In anycase, I owe PMs to quite a few of you. I owe e-mails to even more of you. And, I haven't been on any messengers in at leasssst a week. MySpace too.

I'll get back to everyone... eventually.
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:49 PM   #2
swamptoad

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!

Painting is fun! Time-consuming, no doubt. The moving aspect aint a breeze.

Been there ..done that many times ...

I hope that take it easy ... be safe ... get people to help you out with the heavy stuff .... I helped move an enormous sectional couch which I thought weighed a ton ...when I had previously moved to Arkansas.

... I was pretty sore the next day .....

My wife and I, both still have stuff boxed up and wrapped up in bubble wrap. We will be moving out in June 2007. (nearly 9 months away)

Right now, we have an apartment of our own ...just not everything is moved in yet ..since we have both have to stay in this house and look after the boys.

I wish you luck Ivy.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:52 PM   #3
KnottyOne
Ready For A Broken Heart?

KnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I really like the color scheme u decided on, sounds cool. And hope movin is easier from here on out fo ya.

The past and future, is in us or nowhere. The external world is the shadow world, casting its shadows into the world of light. Now it seems to us so dark within, so lonely and chaotic. But how different it will seem to us when this eclipse is past and the shadow is removed. We will enjoy ourselves more than ever, for our spirit has suffered such deprivation.
KnottyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:05 PM   #4
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

God, you're freaking me out.

When I moved in here over a year ago, I spent about 2 weeks painting the entire place. Kitchen is two shades of aqua, living room is bright orange, bedroom is NesQuik brown, and bathroom is orange and yellow.

Yeah, it's a color factory in here, and there was no discussion about me having to repaint if I move out, but I do sort of suspect that it's expected since I threw all these crazy colors up! lol

I guess painting white/white wouldn't be nearly as bad though... don't have to be so careful with the trim.

Best of luck on the move, and I'm sorry you're going to do it again so soon.. but hopefully it will be a more permanent one next time.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:02 AM   #5
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default ugh

I understand. I'm moving this weekend. And while there won't be painting involved, the level of cleaning I need to embark on is monumental.

I can't wait to be re-settled, this is making me INSANE.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:59 PM   #6
Elfcat
Radical FPL from Hell

Elfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticed
Default The Painting Hasn't Happened Yet....

.....but the unpacking has, and it's a slog getting it all sorted.

Ever tried to maintain throughways for a supersize woman in a 575sf home? Takes some strategizing.
Elfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:11 PM   #7
bbwsweetheart
Dutch Hugaholic Treat

bbwsweetheart never has a post go unnoticedbbwsweetheart never has a post go unnoticedbbwsweetheart never has a post go unnoticedbbwsweetheart never has a post go unnoticedbbwsweetheart never has a post go unnoticedbbwsweetheart never has a post go unnoticedbbwsweetheart never has a post go unnoticed

Good luck with the move. Been there, done it. No fun. Like the title description of move = poop. Made me laugh. (Good you still have your soh!!)

“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.”
bbwsweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:23 PM   #8
mottiemushroom
Give it some welly!!!

mottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticedmottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticedmottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticedmottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticedmottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticedmottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticedmottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticedmottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticed

There's nothing quite like the satisfaction of making your own stamp on a place & turning it into a home tho. Enjoy & hope you feel settled before long.

I'm just a likkle mushroom .... fed on bulls**t & kept in the dark - but still i thrive :p

http://www.myspace.com/mottiescowpatcottage
mottiemushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:35 PM   #9
Ivy
more cake, please!

Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie
God, you're freaking me out.

When I moved in here over a year ago, I spent about 2 weeks painting the entire place. Kitchen is two shades of aqua, living room is bright orange, bedroom is NesQuik brown, and bathroom is orange and yellow.

Yeah, it's a color factory in here, and there was no discussion about me having to repaint if I move out, but I do sort of suspect that it's expected since I threw all these crazy colors up! lol

I guess painting white/white wouldn't be nearly as bad though... don't have to be so careful with the trim.

Best of luck on the move, and I'm sorry you're going to do it again so soon.. but hopefully it will be a more permanent one next time.
I haaaate repainting stuff. Your color scheme sounds soooo good. PIX PLZ.

So, tonight my boyfriend is on craigslist after spending the ENTIRE day helping up repaint and move and he has decided he wants to move. Like, in the next 2 weeks.

I get to do ALL of this again. AWESOME!!

at least we're going to have an actual apartment.. with multiple rooms and stuff. haha
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote