Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board

Old 10-05-2006, 09:19 PM   #1
ripley

ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default A year on most diet programs nets a 5 to 7 lb. loss

I just read that in Prevention magazine. At that rate I'd have to diet for approximately 52 years to get down to what Weight Watchers used to tell me I should be.

ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:36 AM   #2
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

When you get old and have to gum stuff, I bet your rate will go up. So maybe just 48 or so.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:09 AM   #3
NFA
Results STILL NOT typical

NFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging in

That's the kind of "average" you get will nearly no diet programs produce any sustained weight loss. A couple people lose a lot while nearly everyone else actually gains weight when all is done.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:10 AM   #4
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

The couple of people though usually are going on more extreme measures to lose weight though. I took ephedra as a teenager, but I was also NOT EATING and exercising beyond what's healthy. And now I'm the exact same weight as when I started "dieting."
Old 10-06-2006, 06:49 AM   #5
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Man, I could lose 5 to 7 lbs with a good bout of diarrhea!

Anyone want to go out for some spicy curry followed with a night of binge drinking?
activistfatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:10 AM   #6
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Not dieting has yielded a much more impressive annual gain on my body. As depressing as it 5 to 7 pounds a year sounds (and I thinik that this who weigh more would have lost more) it is better than the 15 to 25 pound annual gain I was experiencing.

Brenda
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:11 PM   #7
NFA
Results STILL NOT typical

NFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda
Not dieting has yielded a much more impressive annual gain on my body. As depressing as it 5 to 7 pounds a year sounds (and I thinik that this who weigh more would have lost more) it is better than the 15 to 25 pound annual gain I was experiencing.

Brenda
5-7 isn't the average loss because a lot of small people are losing very little. Its the average loss because nearly everyone who diets maintains NO weight loss. Indeed, nearly everyone who diets GAINS weight. So going into dieting in the hopes of even a 5-7 lb loss would be a mistake. The odds are, you will end up weighing more than when you started. The fact that 90% of dieters gain weight as the ultimate result of the diet is the reason the best stat they can massage into existance is 5-7lbs. Even that isn't a realistic or honest expectation.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:02 AM   #8
Joseph the Weird
Bearer of Radical Views

Joseph the Weird has super-sized repJoseph the Weird has super-sized repJoseph the Weird has super-sized repJoseph the Weird has super-sized rep

Point is, if you diet to lose weight, you will lose weight, but you can never stop dieting, or you will probably gain all the weight you lost back, and more. That's your body telling you it doesn't want to be starved.