Welcome to the Dimensions Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2006, 08:34 AM   #1
Zedd020

Zedd020 has said some nice things
Default BBW and weight gain in the movies

Hey
I was wondering if anyone can tell me any films with bbws or ssbbws or weight gain is in the movie because the only ones I know of are Feed, Shallow Hal and Big mommas House

Thanks for any responses Zedd020
Zedd020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:54 AM   #2
Dark_Hart
Master Member

Dark_Hart carries a lot of weight on this boardDark_Hart carries a lot of weight on this boardDark_Hart carries a lot of weight on this boardDark_Hart carries a lot of weight on this board

the same names that you mentioned :

Feed, Shallow Hal and Big mommas House

I don't know if they are others?
Dark_Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:59 AM   #3
Jay West Coast
Witness to the Thickness

Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!

What's Eating Gilbert Grape, and Tida Chang: Jumbo Queen both feature SSBBW's (although the latter is more size-positive than the former).
Old 03-29-2009, 01:57 AM   #4
Jeff In Wichita

Jeff In Wichita can now change their title

It's sad that truly beautiful women are left out of most movies.

the girl in the new version of Hairspray is cute.

It isn't a movie, but I really wish that the sitcom "Babes" was available to buy. That show solidified me as an FA (it came out when I was about 18)
Jeff In Wichita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:51 AM   #5
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Season 4 of the Family Guy has a 'fattening' episode
Old 04-06-2009, 12:13 PM   #6
altered states
señor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Weight gain? In "The Man with Two Brains" Kathleen Turner puts on a few (fairly prescient). "Bad Boy," a terrible Dennis Leary movie, has cutie Alex Borstein in the worst fat suit in the history of cinema. Goldie Hawn gets fat (for a while) in "Death Becomes Her." All I can think of for now. And, honestly, none are really worth hunting down from a WG fetish perspective - too cartoony and unrealistic.
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #7
mergirl
Master Member

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

I remember posting before trying to find ANY film that had a fat character where the whole 'point' of them wasnt just the fact they were fat! It was pretty dissapointing!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:59 PM   #8
altered states
señor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default FA Film Festival

The queen of SSBBW movies has to be Bruno, a weird-ass melodrama written and directed by Shirley MacLaine. Stacey Halprin, the lead character, is a 500#+ woman (for reals, no fat suit or makeup) who apparently was a total amateur when MacLaine discovered her on a day time talk show. The movie isn't sexy at all and is odd, cringeworthy, and somewhat depressing, but there are some accidental thrills to be had watching Ms. Halprin. IMDB says she never made any other movies.

Marianne Sagebrecht is a sexy German BBW actress was in Sugarbaby and Baghdad Cafe (which is in English), among many others. These two though are fairly easy to find in the US and have the added benefit of being really good movies. She shows some skin in both.

Fellini's Amarcord has two short but highly memorable scenes towards the beginning with two sexy BBWs, and is also a great movie. A couple other Fellini movies have very short scenes with BBW characters. He's a paisan.

Crazy French art film Aviva has Dimensions semi-regular Velvet in the lead role. Enough said.

Following are randoms off the top of my head; there are many more that I can't think of right now:

Pre-diet Camryn Manheim has a great character in the so-so movie Road to Wellville. She has a partial nude scene in there, too. She's also in Todd Solondz's Happiness, which I love but isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Todd Phillips' Road Trip has a terrific scene where a skinny male character has his cherry popped by drop-dead gorgeous BBW Aliya Campbell, who also shows some skin. If we were all so lucky.

Toni Collette was at her sexy chubbiest in Muriel's Wedding. Soft Fruit, another Aussie movie, has the fat mom from Muriel's Wedding playing a mom again to three plump daughters. Quick but fun masturbation scene and all in all this movie is a rare depiction of the characters as well-rounded (pardon the pun) people.

Nacho Libre has a scene where the Jack Black's feral tag-team partner gets pursued by a cute BBW.

Real Women Have Curves has a pre-diet America Ferrara looking dulce de leche edible.

Selena has sexy-as-hell, pre-pilates JLo (admittedly pushing the limits of the term BBW), but also has bona fide BBW Jackie Guerra in a supporting role, who I believe has also lost weight since.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:01 PM   #9
mergirl
Master Member

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

has anyone seen 'taxidermia'? Fat..but not so fat positive maby!
p.s i LOVE happiness, its one of my fav films. Also i thought 'road to wellville was hot'
Old 04-06-2009, 02:00 PM   #10
altered states
señor member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
has anyone seen 'taxidermia'? Fat..but not so fat positive maby!
p.s i LOVE happiness, its one of my fav films. Also i thought 'road to wellville was hot'
Yeah, not all the ones I cited are exactly fat positve. Probably this whole thing should be on the weight board to avoid getting into that particular issue - I assumed the OP was coming at it from an FA gawking perspective, rather than an SA perspective. But then that would be just like me.

Bruno, particularly, while it preaches tolerance towards all people, is squarely in the fat-as-depression-metaphor genre, though at the end she finds a certain amount of strength and redemption, and not through weight loss... (Jesus, I'm treating this piece of crap like it's Battleship Potemkin!).

Happiness is one of my faves of all time - pretty much perfectly sums up my worldview, sadly. Manheim's character is a compulsive overeater and desperately lonely, not exactly positive, but then again who in that movie isn't shown in a negative light? All that said, the scene with her jumping on top of Phillip Hoffmore Seyman and the way her butt jiggles with the aftershocks is classic nihilist FA whack material. Just sayin'.

Fellini's on the borderline I guess, depending on how you interpret his films in general. A discussion best left to people who are more educated about this stuff than I am!
Old 04-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #11
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I could watch Shallow Hal forever

Hairspray was.... cute.

I will say, however, that i didn't eat for like, 2 days after I saw What's Eating Gilbert Grape. I'm not sure why, just something about it turned me off a LOT.

Umm, i'm not sure what else. There's that movie Summer Catch. That's got a somewhat FA-ish thang goin on.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:09 PM   #12
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Moved to WB after necropost.
AnnMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #13
alienlanes
no longer slackin'

alienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay West Coast View Post
Tida Chang: Jumbo Queen
According to Google, this post and one other post of yours are the only evidence of this movie's existence. IMDB's got nothin'.

Can you tell us more about it? Is it about the annual contest? Where can I get a copy?

eta: holy resurrected thread batman
alienlanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #14
zanza

zanza has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerFA View Post
According to Google, this post and one other post of yours are the only evidence of this movie's existence. IMDB's got nothin'.

Can you tell us more about it? Is it about the annual contest? Where can I get a copy?

it is about the contest or at least a film set in the contest,

as to what it about outside of the setting of the film i am not sure, and where to find it i am not sure, i think it was floating around on youtube a while back

hmmmmm.......

what about Disfigured, is it any good or worth watching?
zanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:23 PM   #15
Totmacher
Master Member

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerFA View Post

Well I know it exists because I have a DVDrip somewhere. You could probably still p2p it somewhere.
Here's a youtube link.

Can't think of anything worth mentioning that's premiered recently. Anyone got anymore?
Totmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:59 AM   #16
mergirl
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
Moved to WB after necropost.
Btw..what is necropost? I dont see what this is!!?
Old 04-07-2009, 07:36 AM   #17
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tres huevos View Post
The queen of SSBBW movies has to be Bruno, a weird-ass melodrama written and directed by Shirley MacLaine. Stacey Halprin, the lead character, is a 500#+ woman (for reals, no fat suit or makeup) who apparently was a total amateur when MacLaine discovered her on a day time talk show. The movie isn't sexy at all and is odd, cringeworthy, and somewhat depressing, but there are some accidental thrills to be had watching Ms. Halprin. IMDB says she never made any other movies.

Marianne Sagebrecht is a sexy German BBW actress was in Sugarbaby and Baghdad Cafe (which is in English), among many others. These two though are fairly easy to find in the US and have the added benefit of being really good movies. She shows some skin in both.

Fellini's Amarcord has two short but highly memorable scenes towards the beginning with two sexy BBWs, and is also a great movie. A couple other Fellini movies have very short scenes with BBW characters. He's a paisan.

Crazy French art film Aviva has Dimensions semi-regular Velvet in the lead role. Enough said.

Following are randoms off the top of my head; there are many more that I can't think of right now:

Pre-diet Camryn Manheim has a great character in the so-so movie Road to Wellville. She has a partial nude scene in there, too. She's also in Todd Solondz's Happiness, which I love but isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Todd Phillips' Road Trip has a terrific scene where a skinny male character has his cherry popped by drop-dead gorgeous BBW Aliya Campbell, who also shows some skin. If we were all so lucky.

Toni Collette was at her sexy chubbiest in Muriel's Wedding. Soft Fruit, another Aussie movie, has the fat mom from Muriel's Wedding playing a mom again to three plump daughters. Quick but fun masturbation scene and all in all this movie is a rare depiction of the characters as well-rounded (pardon the pun) people.

Nacho Libre has a scene where the Jack Black's feral tag-team partner gets pursued by a cute BBW.

Real Women Have Curves has a pre-diet America Ferrara looking dulce de leche edible.

Selena has sexy-as-hell, pre-pilates JLo (admittedly pushing the limits of the term BBW), but also has bona fide BBW Jackie Guerra in a supporting role, who I believe has also lost weight since.
Ooooo! Thanks for these - there's a few I haven't watched. I LOVED Road Trip - first time I ever saw a fat girl having sex on the telly And she was soooo hot!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:42 AM   #18
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismiss View Post
I could watch Shallow Hal forever

Hairspray was.... cute.

I will say, however, that i didn't eat for like, 2 days after I saw What's Eating Gilbert Grape. I'm not sure why, just something about it turned me off a LOT.

Umm, i'm not sure what else. There's that movie Summer Catch. That's got a somewhat FA-ish thang goin on.
You didn't like Hairspray!? I loved it - only thing that, to this day I don't get, is why Travolta played her mom?? Maybe it made some kind of comedic sense when the play or whatever was first written when men playing women was still considered novel but nowadays it's just lame. I have the exact same problem with Tyler Perry's Medea - just get a fat woman to do the part!!! But Zac Efron - Yummmmmm!

If you havent seen it - Jill Scott in Why did I get Married looks amazing! Her character does lose some weight but she in no way becomes a small woman. I thoroughly enjoyed that movie - and her studly love interest
Old 04-07-2009, 07:50 AM   #19
CCC

CCC has super-sized repCCC has super-sized repCCC has super-sized rep

Quote:
I just saw this last week for the first time! My genteel friends and I were big fans of the sophisticated humor.

Esqueleto: "How did you get up here so fast?"
His pursuer: "...secret tunnels."
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:02 AM   #20
mergirl
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau View Post
Ooooo! Thanks for these - there's a few I haven't watched. I LOVED Road Trip - first time I ever saw a fat girl having sex on the telly And she was soooo hot!
OMG! The girl from road trip i SOO hot!!! I actually bought the film just for her scenes sadly enough! lmao
Old 04-07-2009, 08:21 AM   #21
altered states
señor member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau View Post
You didn't like Hairspray!? I loved it - only thing that, to this day I don't get, is why Travolta played her mom?? Maybe it made some kind of comedic sense when the play or whatever was first written when men playing women was still considered novel but nowadays it's just lame. I have the exact same problem with Tyler Perry's Medea - just get a fat woman to do the part!!! But Zac Efron - Yummmmmm!

If you havent seen it - Jill Scott in Why did I get Married looks amazing! Her character does lose some weight but she in no way becomes a small woman. I thoroughly enjoyed that movie - and her studly love interest
PLEASE check out the original John Waters Hairspray, from 1987. It wasn't a musical but features a lot of music, weird stuff from the early 60s selected by Waters himself. It's a brilliant movie that deals with race, SA, the 60s, and tolerance in general with far more style and skill. The original Mrs. Turnblad was played by an actor named Divine, a transvestite*. Divine died not long after Hairspray was released, and perhaps as tribute they retained this quirky casting when the movie went to Broadway as a musical, where Harvey Firestein and other men took on the part. The Travolta adaptation of the musical adaptation of the film was a seriously misguided attempt to keep this "tradition" going. If they meant to honor Divine, they didn't.

My guess is that Tyler Perry doesn't play Madea because he can't find a suitable fat actress; same goes for Eddie Murphy and his various female characters. Not hatin', just statin'.

Also, with you being in JoBerg and liking Jill Scott and all that will really dig the The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency once it makes its way over there.

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...ad.php?t=56714

(* He'd acted in all of Waters' movies up til then, and in Hairspray played a man on screen for the first time in a second, lesser role - as the evil radio station owner. I'm kind of a John Waters fan, if you haven't guessed.)
Old 04-07-2009, 08:23 AM   #22
altered states
señor member

Quote:
OMG! The girl from road trip i SOO hot!!! I actually bought the film just for her scenes sadly enough! lmao
Sadder than that: I rented Summer Catch for similar reason! Even fast-forwarding through it was painful.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:34 AM   #23
mergirl
Master Member

Quote:
Sadder than that: I rented Summer Catch for similar reason! Even fast-forwarding through it was painful.
I'm trying to remember some film with.. erm i think rob shnieder? in it.. and he is a girl who becomes a man... and the film was shit but there was a hot chick in it.. so i may have to buy it.. sadder still..
hmm..ive never seen summer catch..i guess i will just have to!...
Why dont we just watch porn and be done with it??
There must be some scientific reason.. and i think it involves us not being totally shallow or something..
But then.. to watch a really shite film just because there is a hot fat chick in it.. this worries me..
Oh the life of an Fa.. its like a rollercoaster on a bouncy castle in a haunted mansion sometimes!
Old 04-07-2009, 08:37 AM   #24
mergirl
Master Member

Also, i love john waters.. infact hairspray might be one of my favorite films.. either that or female trouble..
btw.. you forgot about 'desperate living'.. Divine wasn't in that one..x
Oh, and he also played a man in 'female trouble'. The father of mink stole's character.. There was a scene with divine shagging himself dressed as a guy..it was kinna interesting and horrible but fab!!

Last edited by mergirl : 04-07-2009 at 08:40 AM.
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:02 AM   #25
altered states
señor member

Quote:
I'm trying to remember some film with.. erm i think rob shnieder? in it.. and he is a girl who becomes a man... and the film was shit but there was a hot chick in it.. so i may have to buy it.. sadder still..
hmm..ive never seen summer catch..i guess i will just have to!...
Why dont we just watch porn and be done with it??
There must be some scientific reason.. and i think it involves us not being totally shallow or something..
But then.. to watch a really shite film just because there is a hot fat chick in it.. this worries me..
Oh the life of an Fa.. its like a rollercoaster on a bouncy castle in a haunted mansion sometimes!
Yeah, it pains me to imagine someone else ffing through Summer Catch just for that scene, but I guess you will... I know I did. I should really just rent it again, record the clip and post it as a public service for FAs. Or rather, put together a web site with similar little clips. I think if there was some critical commentary surrounding the clips it would qualify for "fair use" and not get shut down.

I had the discussion here a loooong time ago about why we FAs seem to search out obscure movies, books, mags, etc for wank fodder, when the whole internet is there for us with - as you said - actual porn. My theory is that for those of us who were young FAs pre-internet, the lack of real FA-centered erotica forced us to play detective, searching out little scenes and passages of fat women to get our jollies. So the "search" found its way into our adult consciousness and is now tied into our sexuality. Or something like that.

Actual BBW porn back in the 80s was awful - made by non-FAs and really hateful and unappealing. The places in Times Square used to put the stuff in the "fetish" aisles.