Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 04-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #26
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tres huevos View Post
PLEASE check out the original John Waters Hairspray, from 1987. It wasn't a musical but features a lot of music, weird stuff from the early 60s selected by Waters himself. It's a brilliant movie that deals with race, SA, the 60s, and tolerance in general with far more style and skill. The original Mrs. Turnblad was played by an actor named Divine, a transvestite*. Divine died not long after Hairspray was released, and perhaps as tribute they retained this quirky casting when the movie went to Broadway as a musical, where Harvey Firestein and other men took on the part. The Travolta adaptation of the musical adaptation of the film was a seriously misguided attempt to keep this "tradition" going. If they meant to honor Divine, they didn't.

My guess is that Tyler Perry doesn't play Madea because he can't find a suitable fat actress; same goes for Eddie Murphy and his various female characters. Not hatin', just statin'.

Also, with you being in JoBerg and liking Jill Scott and all that will really dig the The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency once it makes its way over there.

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...ad.php?t=56714

(* He'd acted in all of Waters' movies up til then, and in Hairspray played a man on screen for the first time in a second, lesser role - as the evil radio station owner. I'm kind of a John Waters fan, if you haven't guessed.)
I will very definitely do that! And I'm waiting with bated breath for the Number 1 Female Detective Agency - I'm a bit of a drooling fan of Ms Scott. Also please feel free to hate on Eddie Murphy all you like - he pisses me off Tyler Perry not doing Medea is fun.

I too search out obscure movies for any fattie sightings. When i was younger I'd get this intense thrill if there was a fat girl or boy in a movie or tv series. There was something called Babes that somebody had mention before and I actually remember that, even though i was still pre-teen when it aired in SA. Muriel's Wedding was like manna from heaven. What's eating Gilbert Grape terrified me but I couldnt stop looking at Mama cos even though she was so terribly unhappy there was something still so beautiful about her. I also used to watch the Parkers even though it irritated the living crap out of me - Mo'nique is just so much fun to look at *sigh*. Thanks so much for sharing all of these, guess what i'll be doing this weekend
Old 04-07-2009, 09:43 AM   #27
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

For me, by far my first glimpse of a naked fat female was in "Porkies," the 'classic*' 80s (?, maybe late 70s?) teen movie. It was only a quick glimpse, and she isn't treated nicely, but I admit to renting that movie as soon as I could watch it on my own and going over those few seconds many, many, times. (by the way, the title has nothing to do with the fat girl, and the movie doesn't have anything to do with fat in general).

* classic as in it was one of the first of its type of teen movie mixing coming of age stories with really outrageous behavior and nudity, so it made a big splash at the time.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:01 AM   #28
Scorsese86
Likeable conservative

Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Amarcord is terrific.

Oh, Rachel McAdams gains some weight in Mean Girls. Not for real, though... sadly.

Has no one mentioned Avida? I've not seen the movie, but I know Velvet d'Amour is in it, and the poster looks so great.

Poster
Old 04-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #29
Mies

Mies can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMies can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Lina Wertmüller's "Seven Beauties" had some chubby Italian cuties in tight dresses. Great movie too!
Mies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #30
Mies

Mies can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMies can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Lina Wertmüller's "Seven Beauties" had some chubby WWII Italian cuties in tight dresses. Also starring Shirley Stoler (who also played the real-life homicidal maniac Martha Beck in "The Honeymoon Killers") as the whip-carrying concentration camp commandant. Her personal quote: "Weight shouldn't be a hindrance, but casting people are afraid of it. I could play 'Medea,' but they wouldn't cast me for it."

Great movie too!
Mies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:30 PM   #31
collared Princess

collared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticed

There is that movie with Monique..phat girl I think it is...it is a movie that shows how she becomes comfortable with herself as a bbw
collared Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:58 PM   #32
altered states
seņor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorsese86 View Post
Has no one mentioned Avida? I've not seen the movie, but I know Velvet d'Amour is in it, and the poster looks so great.
I did, earlier. Misnamed it as "Aviva" - I've got spring on the brain...
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:00 PM   #33
SSBBBWVeuveJenCoBu
Wut Wld Yoda Say?

SSBBBWVeuveJenCoBu can now change their title
Thumbs up

Quote:
PLEASE check out the original John Waters Hairspray, from 1987. It wasn't a musical but features a lot of music, weird stuff from the early 60s selected by Waters himself. It's a brilliant movie that deals with race, SA, the 60s, and tolerance in general with far more style and skill. The original Mrs. Turnblad was played by an actor named Divine, a transvestite*. Divine died not long after Hairspray was released, and perhaps as tribute they retained this quirky casting when the movie went to Broadway as a musical, where Harvey Firestein and other men took on the part. The Travolta adaptation of the musical adaptation of the film was a seriously misguided attempt to keep this "tradition" going. If they meant to honor Divine, they didn't.

My guess is that Tyler Perry doesn't play Madea because he can't find a suitable fat actress; same goes for Eddie Murphy and his various female characters. Not hatin', just statin'.

Also, with you being in JoBerg and liking Jill Scott and all that will really dig the The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency once it makes its way over there.

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...ad.php?t=56714

(* He'd acted in all of Waters' movies up til then, and in Hairspray played a man on screen for the first time in a second, lesser role - as the evil radio station owner. I'm kind of a John Waters fan, if you haven't guessed.)
Kudos to u 4 stating the backstory & info re: the original feature of HAIRSPRAY, Tres Huevos. Saved me the time. Btw, didn't Ricki Lake also do a sweet little film, before she lost the weight and had a talk show, entitled BabyCakes? She didn't gain any weight in the movie. She was just her cute, big, beautiful, bubbly self.

A little slap & tickle never hurt anyone.:wubu:

"Pamper me, spoil me rotten, FEED ME & treat me like a Princess. And then push me against the wall, pin me down or tell me to ride you and TAKE ME!:wubu::D[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SSBBBWVeuveJenCoBu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:16 PM   #34
altered states
seņor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBBBWVeuveJenCoBu View Post
Kudos to u 4 stating the backstory & info re: the original feature of HAIRSPRAY, Tres Huevos. Saved me the time. Btw, didn't Ricki Lake also do a sweet little film, before she lost the weight and had a talk show, entitled BabyCakes? She didn't gain any weight in the movie. She was just her cute, big, beautiful, bubbly self.
IMDB says that's the remake of Sugarbaby ("Zuckerbaby"), the German movie I was talking about with Marrianne Sagebrecht. Never saw this - odd, because I was super-into Ricki Lake at the time. I remember when Hairspray came out The Face magazine had an interview and multi-photo spread of her demonstrating various dance moves and that thing was like my friggin bible/koran/torah for a year.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #35
James
vibeout

James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanza View Post

what about Disfigured, is it any good or worth watching?
That depends on whether you are interested in empathizing with the emotional eating reality of some women, and how it can be a difficult experience for them to deal with? The film also draws parallels between anorexic self image issues (perceptions of fatness) and those of fat people themselves in an intriguing and challenging way. There is also quite a logical argument made against some of the weaker foundations of some schools of fat-activism.... so yeah its a challenging film to watch if you come at it with fixed preconceptions...its worthwhile though...

(n.b. there is a cute fat girl in it too...)

As for Avida, I watched this at Velvet's apartment when I was there last year. Its a surrealist film with some very amusing sequences and well worth a watch...

(and yes, of course, there is a cute fat girl in it also!)
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:42 PM   #36
altered states
seņor member

Queen Latifah is pretty spectacular in Chicago, filmed prior to her reducing her Latah-tahs. She's also hot as hell in Barber Shop 2 and Beauty Shop.

Lainie Kazan is zaftig and sexy in a milfy kind of way in a bunch of movies, pretty much everything from Lust in the Dust (also featuring Divine... hmm...) onward (except in The Associate, where she's oddly thin). IMDB says she's almost 70 but looks beautiful and nicely well-rounded in Don't Mess with the Zohan, from last year.

Kathy Najimi was in full super-sized glory in the Kathy and Mo Show, back in the 80s. Not actually a movie, but a stage play of feminist humor sketches filmed for HBO. Not my cup of tea humor-wise, but she's great to look at and moves around like someone a third her size. She's similarly fluffy in the two Sister Act movies (though obscured by a habit, of course), and in Soap Dish, where she has a small part. She went on to lose a lot of weight and has yo-yoed since but is cute and sexy at any of her sizes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LainieKazan6.jpg (59.4 KB, 996 views)

Last edited by altered states; 04-07-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #37
altered states
seņor member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
As for Avida, I watched this at Velvet's apartment when I was there last year. Its a surrealist film with some very amusing sequences and well worth a watch...
Rub it in.

(while I rub it out)
Old 04-07-2009, 03:33 PM   #38
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
Btw..what is necropost? I dont see what this is!!?
Reviving long dead threads. It's not even allowed on some forums. Here it's fine for the most part, as long as it's for a reason (contribution), and it wasn't a thread that was better off dead/gone, etc.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/necropost
Old 04-08-2009, 01:30 AM   #39
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
Reviving long dead threads. It's not even allowed on some forums. Here it's fine for the most part, as long as it's for a reason (contribution), and it wasn't a thread that was better off dead/gone, etc.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/necropost
Oh lmao!! I thought it was some weird film like 'feed', hence why you were moving it to the weight board!! Ahh.. i will catch up with computer speak some day! ty
Old 04-08-2009, 01:32 AM   #40
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBBBWVeuveJenCoBu View Post
ooh.. I LOVED 'baby cakes'. I had it taped when i was younger and watched it over and over and.. ahh ok..i see what i was doing! lol.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:38 AM   #41
mergirl

Quote:

I had the discussion here a loooong time ago about why we FAs seem to search out obscure movies, books, mags, etc for wank fodder, when the whole internet is there for us with - as you said - actual porn. My theory is that for those of us who were young FAs pre-internet, the lack of real FA-centered erotica forced us to play detective, searching out little scenes and passages of fat women to get our jollies. So the "search" found its way into our adult consciousness and is now tied into our sexuality. Or something like that.

Actual BBW porn back in the 80s was awful - made by non-FAs and really hateful and unappealing. The places in Times Square used to put the stuff in the "fetish" aisles.
Hmm.. maby, i like the idea of being a sexual detective! lmao. I think maby also, like you said a lot of the porn in earlier years was pretty degrading. Actually, i was looking at porn titles on my payperview and the fat porn was all called stuff like 'filthy fat slags 5' ..which really made me cringe and would make me just not want to watch it... well if i did watch it, it would be with an air of superiority and i would write to complain!
I think a lot of the reasons why i love seeing bbws in actual films is because it puts them in a real context somehow. I think very few Fa's 'only' like big women for athstetic reasons, there is definatly something deeper there and for that reason a social context for 'fat' is really important. I could be wrong though..
Old 04-08-2009, 01:42 AM   #42
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I forgot to add: MRS HOGGET FROM BABE!! I loved her
Old 04-08-2009, 01:43 AM   #43
fatgirl33
Just doodlin'

fatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 club

I agree... The original "Hairspray" is waaaaaay better than the new one. Early works with Ricki Lake are a treasure trove for FAs, in fact. My favorite is "Babycakes," which is all about the main character's struggles with her perception of her body. And she is gorgeous in her "China Beach" appearances.

This is a great thread, there are a bunch of movies I have to seek out now!
Brenda
Old 04-08-2009, 01:44 AM   #44
mergirl

Also, Dawn French was in a kinna tv film called something like 'sex and chocolate'. It was pretty good but i imagine i only thought this because i love Dawn French!.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:15 AM   #45
1300 Class
Pam Poovey's Stunt Double

1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Can anyone forget Hattie Jacques or Joan Sims from the Carry On series?

Carry on Doctor Again has a great plot where Sid James says the immortal line "Out here we like 'em big!"
1300 Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:48 AM   #46
altered states
seņor member

Quote:
Hmm.. maby, i like the idea of being a sexual detective! lmao. I think maby also, like you said a lot of the porn in earlier years was pretty degrading. Actually, i was looking at porn titles on my payperview and the fat porn was all called stuff like 'filthy fat slags 5' ..which really made me cringe and would make me just not want to watch it... well if i did watch it, it would be with an air of superiority and i would write to complain!
Wow, what sort of payperview is that? I was in a hotel room alone a few weekends ago and searched through the "adult" options without much hope. There were a few things that had the word "supersized" in the title, but were illustrated with skinny models! I didn't want to pay my $10 and then have to have the discussion with the front desk, "Well, hey, listen ma'am, it SAID supersized!"

Quote:
I think a lot of the reasons why i love seeing bbws in actual films is because it puts them in a real context somehow. I think very few Fa's 'only' like big women for athstetic reasons, there is definatly something deeper there and for that reason a social context for 'fat' is really important. I could be wrong though..
I don't think you're wrong at all. I have nothing to gain by shining their shoes, but I think massive props have to go to 'Rad and Ruby of Dimensions as the true pioneers in terms of figuring out that sensual, realistic depictions of BBWs were what FAs really wanted. The magazine showed models in lingerie and bathing suits, and their clothes, and always interviewed them and showed them as real people. Seeing them that way made them infinitely sexier, even if the layouts were strictly PG-13. Then the Dims' "Wide Angle" videos continued that aesthetic, which became the standard template. It would be great if they could be revived and sold via clips4sale or whatever. Hint hint.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:14 AM   #47
mergirl

Quote:
Wow, what sort of payperview is that? I was in a hotel room alone a few weekends ago and searched through the "adult" options without much hope. There were a few things that had the word "supersized" in the title, but were illustrated with skinny models! I didn't want to pay my $10 and then have to have the discussion with the front desk, "Well, hey, listen ma'am, it SAID supersized!"

LOl. Oh its 'virgin media',(my cable company) there is an adult section. I have only ever watched two 'fat pornos' and i had to cover my eyes for the most part cause i was sure it would ruin my sexuality!! I couldnt understand why fat and 'mature' were given the same billing!? Like in one scene there would be vaugly hot big women..having a food fight and doing some really bad acting, then in the next scene there would be really old women doing it with some dirty looking guy with a moustache. I dont think it was made by Fa's
The second porno was just as bad and the women in it were skanky and skinny..I know that sounds awful of me.. but really.. the bedsheets were a horrible colour and it really depressed me!!
If ever i was to consider watching Fat porn again.. It would have to be made by Fa's for Fa's and the women would have to look pretty and clean and the linen in the bedrooms would have to look clean and not like it was from the 80's! I'm fussy that way!
Old 04-08-2009, 04:59 PM   #48
OzGuy

OzGuy has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau View Post
I forgot to add: MRS HOGGET FROM BABE!! I loved her
Magda Szubanski, has lost a fair bit of weight these days. She actually does the ads for Jenny Craig weight loss centres.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:05 PM   #49
OzGuy

OzGuy has said some nice things

"Fat Girl" looks Interesting...Has anyone seen it??
Old 04-09-2009, 03:18 AM   #50
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzGuy View Post
"Fat Girl" looks Interesting...Has anyone seen it??
NO, but i would like to.
I also loved 'ma larkin' (pam ferris) in 'the darling buds of may'.. technically its not a film but she is always very decedant and eats roast chicken dinners in the bath. I actually read the book 'The pa larkin chronichals' which is a Total Fa book! Anyway, Pam ferris is also in 'Matilda' but she is kinna scary in that.. still hot though!!