Welcome to the Dimensions Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2005, 12:31 AM   #1
voidhead

voidhead can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default What Happened to Kelligrl?

Ok I'm probably really late with this, but what ever happened to the Fabulous Kelligrl?

She was absolutely drop dead gorgeous...what an incredible body.

Why did she quite modelling and close her site? Anyone knoW?
voidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 04:04 AM   #2
simon_squarepants

simon_squarepants can now change their title

Its this sort of up-to-the minute topical debate that keeps the weight board thriving LOL

While we're at it, whatever happened to that lovely President Kennedy? He was such a nice fellow - does anyone know why he quit politics?

Anyone?
Old 11-18-2005, 05:54 AM   #3
UncannyBruceman
Banned

UncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging in

This woman's presence always seems to haunt these boards at least twice a year, and very undeservingly.
To answer your question, Voidhead, Kelligrrl was somewhat of a pioneer for us. When I first came around here in 1999, there weren't many women who maintained personal websites, but she was one of them, and her weight gain was certainly a treat for all of us.
HOWEVER, she also ran a subscription magazine called Bulge. This was before the golden age of paysites, it was a different time back then. Anyway, Bulge had many subscribers, and all of them lost money when Kelligrrl decided to disappear off the face of the earth. Without warning, she closed her site, stopped putting our her magazine, and none of her customers were refunded.
At least that's what I remember, I was never a customer. She was pretty and some of her pictures were mezmerizing, but that all goes out the window when she virtually robbed her customers. Be thankful that we have the Big Cuties and the Big Fat Chics and the BBW Pinup girls and our collective Goddesses and everyone else and forget about Kelligrrl...Dimensions has moved on and upward without her.
UncannyBruceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 06:04 AM   #4
altered states
señor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default now, now

A bit more info: Kelligirl posed for the cover of BUF (a defunct bbw mag) in 1994, unnamed, with no accompanying photos inside the magazine. Readers freaked over her, but BUF, never exactly super-communicative with readers, stayed mum. That was it for 4 years until she popped up on the Weight Board, 100 pounds heavier, with her website and fanzine. She disappeared again in 2001, so she's due for a return any minute, provided the rumors of divine ascension or WLS aren't true.

Like many on this board, I was lightly singed by her disappearance - she still owes me 2 or 3 issues of Bulge. All will be forgiven though if she posts a current picture of herself at 600 pounds.

Last edited by altered states : 11-18-2005 at 06:13 AM.
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 06:37 AM   #5
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Obesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging in
Default I thought we had conclusively proven...

....over at the Bunion that it was alien abduction? LOL Actually, there was a very interesting post on a Yahoo club somewhere not too long ago that some lad had seen a woman out in a Western state that could have been a vastly slimmed-down Kelligrl....we do know that she moved West...who knows? I think it is clear that she probably did give up the gaining thing, which is probably why there was such silence. It was a blow to the gaining community, though, as well as a frammus to those who had given her money in good faith...there is a point where folks' private lives take precedence over their public persona and she certainly had a heck of a persona, but a simple communication would have saved so much emotional frammus and rumor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tres huevos
A bit more info: Kelligirl posed for the cover of BUF (a defunct bbw mag) in 1994, unnamed, with no accompanying photos inside the magazine. Readers freaked over her, but BUF, never exactly super-communicative with readers, stayed mum. That was it for 4 years until she popped up on the Weight Board, 100 pounds heavier, with her website and fanzine. She disappeared again in 2001, so she's due for a return any minute, provided the rumors of divine ascension or WLS aren't true.

Like many on this board, I was lightly singed by her disappearance - she still owes me 2 or 3 issues of Bulge. All will be forgiven though if she posts a current picture of herself at 600 pounds.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:42 AM   #6
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Obesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Here, here and Huzzah!

Bully good attitude there! I think you hit the nail on the head...things have changed and it is a whole new world for FA's....Gaining Goddess and Natasha come to mind as women who have more than filled the gap left by whose-her-name! LOL
Thanks for putting it all in perspective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncannyBruceman
This woman's presence always seems to haunt these boards at least twice a year, and very undeservingly.
To answer your question, Voidhead, Kelligrrl was somewhat of a pioneer for us. When I first came around here in 1999, there weren't many women who maintained personal websites, but she was one of them, and her weight gain was certainly a treat for all of us.
HOWEVER, she also ran a subscription magazine called Bulge. This was before the golden age of paysites, it was a different time back then. Anyway, Bulge had many subscribers, and all of them lost money when Kelligrrl decided to disappear off the face of the earth. Without warning, she closed her site, stopped putting our her magazine, and none of her customers were refunded.
At least that's what I remember, I was never a customer. She was pretty and some of her pictures were mezmerizing, but that all goes out the window when she virtually robbed her customers. Be thankful that we have the Big Cuties and the Big Fat Chics and the BBW Pinup girls and our collective Goddesses and everyone else and forget about Kelligrrl...Dimensions has moved on and upward without her.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:55 AM   #7
JMNYC

JMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging in

Fascinated in the late 90s by Ms. K---I don't even remember where I heard about her---I purchased several issues of BULGE, which was a cheaply produced, photocopied 10 -or-so page affair with recipes and pics you couldn't really see too well. I exchanged several pleasant emails with Ms. K, and then, one day, she didn't return one, two, and then three emails, nor followup emails months down the line.

Here's an email address, which apparently still works in that mail sent here doesn't bounce back:

becauselifeisnotadressrehearsal@hotmail.com

Here's a link to her website as it is---no mention of weight gain, etc.:

http://www.geocities.com/kelligrl_/
JMNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 08:35 AM   #8
Webmaster
The Chief

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
....Without warning, she closed her site....
Yes, that was too bad. Unfortunately, such sudden disappearing acts are not uncommon. In Kelligrl's case it's too bad I never featured her in Dimensions while she was around. The same goes for Brooke who twice inquired about being in Dimensions before she suddenly disappeared. The worst disappearing act, as many oldtime Dimensions visitors will recall, was when my own webmistress, Dani, suddenly disappeared without a trace. That was especially bad because she was the only one who had most of the admin passwords for the site, and she had been responsible for all the systems and code. So, apart from being quite concerned about what might have happened to her, the site took a huge hit. I also had considered her a friend, and felt quite betrayed.

It's perfectly okay for someone to decide they want their life to go in a different direction, but this disappearing without a trace and without warning is uncool and a pain.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 03:45 PM   #9
fred_elliot

fred_elliot can now change their title

I too remember KG pics from 1998 when i first discovered the Dimensons Board. I recall staying late at work and printing a huge amount of pictures in black and white as I had no internet access at home - and being terrified I would leave a print by mistake for a colleague to find the next day./.. Such exciting days, I was simply mesmorised by the beauty of the sumptuous bodies.

Does anyone actually know if Kelligrl is OK? Presumably she had close friends / acquaintances in this community. Hopefully she simply decided she had had enough rather than something unpleasant happening...

People may be understandably miffed, but imagine a dual paysite with Brooke and Kelligrl, a license to print money. If her prime motive was money and 'ripping people off' she could have generated huge subs from a paysite. So maybe there is more to it. Besides, I've joined some pretty poor paysites that are advertised around these boards without updates for months.

Last edited by fred_elliot : 11-18-2005 at 03:48 PM.
fred_elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 03:49 PM   #10
UncannyBruceman
Banned

UncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obesus
Bully good attitude there! I think you hit the nail on the head...things have changed and it is a whole new world for FA's....Gaining Goddess and Natasha come to mind as women who have more than filled the gap left by whose-her-name! LOL
Thanks for putting it all in perspective!
Exactly. We've got so many more gorgeous gals feeding our fantasies (pun intended) that I often forget that Kelligrrl even had a webpage. You can find relics of her and Bulge all over Yahoo Groups, but you don't see too many people coming around asking about her, or expressing how much they miss her.
Of course, there are new people finding Dimensions everyday, so I try not to be rude. My message to them is that they simply came in at a much better time. Plenty of sultry ladies to admire now, and THEY ARE LOYAL TO THEIR FRIENDS, ADMIRERS, AND CUSTOMERS.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:56 PM   #11
fatgirl33
Just doodlin'

fatgirl33 carries a lot of weight on this boardfatgirl33 carries a lot of weight on this boardfatgirl33 carries a lot of weight on this boardfatgirl33 carries a lot of weight on this board

I disovered Dimensions in 1998, and there were two things that had a big influence on me: Melanie Bel's stories and Kelligrl.

At the time I was just over 200 lbs and felt like I was a WHALE, the fattest woman ever! Then I saw Kelligrl, this beautiful, confident woman at well over 300 lbs - it was a revelation! I loved her site and her journey, and it's a shame that she never said goodbye to give us all a little closure.

As far as the folks who didn't get all their issues of Bulge, well, I guess you guys didn't have any money in World Com or NorTel? I lost more money than that when MODE went under...

fg33
Old 11-18-2005, 06:57 PM   #12
Littleghost
Oh, Frickenstein.

Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Not to stir up any more trouble but I found an image of the out of stock issue.
November 1991. Those were better times indeed.
Littleghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 07:02 PM   #13
Littleghost
Oh, Frickenstein.

Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Ack. I missed the preview post function.

Last edited by Littleghost : 12-27-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Littleghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 11:13 PM   #14
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by voidhead
Ok I'm probably really late with this, but what ever happened to the Fabulous Kelligrl?

She was absolutely drop dead gorgeous...what an incredible body.

Why did she quite modelling and close her site? Anyone knoW?

I ate her. She was delicious.

Next question.

Just remember that acceptance is 71.4% of size acceptance.
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 04:35 AM   #15
Emma
Panda.

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

THAT'S kelligrl? That's the woman that everyone has gone on about for years?!?
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 04:39 AM   #16
JMNYC

JMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging in

That's her in 1994-ish. By 2000 she had passed 400 pounds. Here's a better representation:

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/images/kelligrl/
JMNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 05:08 AM   #17
1300 Class
Pam Poovey's Stunt Double

1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Bit before my time, I caught the tail end of it, before she ducked off the radar. Never really paid that much attention to it. Ah, how niave and innocne back then.
1300 Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 07:34 AM   #18
Emma
Panda.

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMNYC
That's her in 1994-ish. By 2000 she had passed 400 pounds. Here's a better representation:

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/images/kelligrl/
I really don't see anything great about her at all.
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 08:30 AM   #19
fatgirl33
Just doodlin'

fatgirl33 carries a lot of weight on this boardfatgirl33 carries a lot of weight on this boardfatgirl33 carries a lot of weight on this boardfatgirl33 carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm
To each their own! Personally I can't figure out why so many people ogle Jessica Simpson, but they do... and more power to them, I guess.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:55 AM   #20
BTB
a nut, but not just a nut

BTB can now change their title
Default re

The cover of that bulge issue is was brought me here in the first place and I am desperately trying for years to find somebody to scan issues of Bulge that way, we could also help those people who didn't get their issues. Of course her leave was not a good way to go, but considering the climate that sometimes is built here I can understand that she burnt all bridges.

Please somebody scan.
BTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 10:01 AM   #21
ThatFatGirl
Master Member

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.
ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Aside from her time warp 1980's hair - which I think lots of guys still dig - I can totally understand the expressions of longing I've read about for YEARS on this site. She has a beautiful face and very appealing big girl bod. I wish I had such a thin face!

Where ever the elusive Kelligrl is, I hope she's doing well.

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 10:07 AM   #22
UncannyBruceman
Banned

Quote:
You just proved my point. By today's standards, there's nothing particularly special about her, but this isn't 1999. It was a different time back then. No paysites, VERY few feedees. Dimensions has evolved very well since the spotlight was on her.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:24 AM   #23
saucywench

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_squarepants
Its this sort of up-to-the minute topical debate that keeps the weight board thriving LOL

While we're at it, whatever happened to that lovely President Kennedy? He was such a nice fellow - does anyone know why he quit politics?

Anyone?
*snort*

...sorry--guess that's more a rhetorical retort than an answer.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:24 AM   #24
pendulous

pendulous can now change their title
Default Kelligrrl

I always think Kelligrrl looks like a fat Nicola Bryant from Doctor Who.

I agree with the earlier post, I would love to see her at about 600 lb
pendulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 10:30 AM   #25
coyote wild
You'll love me, I swear.

coyote wild has super-sized repcoyote wild has super-sized repcoyote wild has super-sized rep

Quote:
You just proved my point. By today's standards, there's nothing particularly special about her, but this isn't 1999. It was a different time back then. No paysites, VERY few feedees. Dimensions has evolved very well since the spotlight was on her.
I still willingly search for photos of her. To me, she is still very appealing. I'll have to post a very good representation of her. The one's that were linked to earlier, you had to sift through the crap to get to the gold.

These are just a few of my favorites. I think she is very pretty and can easily see the appeal. What about her is unattractive?