Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 11-14-2006, 03:02 PM   #51
Mr Biggles
On Timeout

Mr Biggles has said some nice things

can anyone get a screen cap or a vid of the show....Idk that would be awesome even if we could get just a bit for the people who dont get the WB
Mr Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:34 PM   #52
Leah33

Leah33 has said some nice things
Default From Your New Favorite Producer

I wanted to thank everyone for your positive feedback on today's show "FATabulous." We couldn't have been more pleased with our guests and we got great help from the Dimensions Forum. I know it took a while to earn your trust, but in the end, things worked out better than I expected. For that I thank all of you.

"The Dr. Keith Ablow Show" would LOVE to have the opportunity to work with you again. Please feel free to contact me with any topics you may be interested in seeing on our show. I welcome any suggestions or comments from our fantastic viewers.

Leah Kaplan

leah.kaplan@drkeithtv.com
Leah33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:46 PM   #53
Mini
Right, not nice

Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah33
I wanted to thank everyone for your positive feedback on today's show "FATabulous." We couldn't have been more pleased with our guests and we got great help from the Dimensions Forum. I know it took a while to earn your trust, but in the end, things worked out better than I expected. For that I thank all of you.

"The Dr. Keith Ablow Show" would LOVE to have the opportunity to work with you again. Please feel free to contact me with any topics you may be interested in seeing on our show. I welcome any suggestions or comments from our fantastic viewers.

Leah Kaplan

leah.kaplan@drkeithtv.com
I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong, and, yep, I was wrong. My apologies for doubting your intentions, and my thanks for presenting our community in a positive light.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:57 PM   #54
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!

You're a classy broad, Leah
SamanthaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:02 PM   #55
The Fat Man
Fat Don Draper

The Fat Man never has a post go unnoticedThe Fat Man never has a post go unnoticedThe Fat Man never has a post go unnoticedThe Fat Man never has a post go unnoticedThe Fat Man never has a post go unnoticedThe Fat Man never has a post go unnoticedThe Fat Man never has a post go unnoticedThe Fat Man never has a post go unnoticed

Gotta' admit, I sat down expecting the usual dogging of the lifestyle, and was proven wrong, very well done show, very fair look at the culture from all sides.

Bravo on a well done show, all the ladies on stage, big hand to you girls.
The Fat Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:12 PM   #56
Fairia
Blimpgirl = superheroine

Fairia can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFairia can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I do agree that while others have their opinions on the subject, it's like with anything. Others can say or request what ever they want, but the only person to decide on one person's decision is that person himself.

And Dr. Keith seemed to be open with what the panel had to say as well as the balance of all sides of the fetish, some enjoy parts of it that others don't along with controversies of such practices as with the mother and son, which by the way I kept thinking how old she was since they could've been a couple or brother and sister.

And props to the comment: "Some prefer whips and chains. Mine is cupcakes."
Fairia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:38 PM   #57
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack
PLEASE someone get this on the internet.
I'm going to join in on the begging here.....

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:07 PM   #58
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini
I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong, and, yep, I was wrong. My apologies for doubting your intentions, and my thanks for presenting our community in a positive light.
Agreed. Mini was totally wrong here.

...As was I.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:04 PM   #59
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Crap!!! When I checked the tv listing for this area, they said the show would be on at 5, but it had something else in its place.I happened to turn on the tv at 6:55..THERE IT WAS!!!

I saw the women on the couch and Ablow doing his wrap-up..that's it!!!!!

Hmmmmm, we need copies of this thing!!!!
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:32 PM   #60
Renaissance Woman
Please do.

Renaissance Woman has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Renaissance Woman has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Renaissance Woman has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Renaissance Woman has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Renaissance Woman has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Renaissance Woman has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Renaissance Woman has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Renaissance Woman has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Renaissance Woman has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Renaissance Woman has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Renaissance Woman has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've got it on the DVR, got the computer, got the software, but apparently I need another piece of hardware to get the signal from the DVR to the computer. The thing I bought today wasn't the one that will do the trick.

But I'm working on it, really!
Old 11-15-2006, 12:44 AM   #61
Sparrow

Sparrow can now change their title
Default Gaining weight = smoking

Gaining weight is the same as smoking. At least the audience seems to think so. I remember when I was about 12 years old, I had a friend, Kurt, who I thought was cool. I did everything he did, in an attempt to become cool, myself. Kurt and I used to hang out behind the convenience store after school. One day, behind the convenience store, Kurt pulled out a little baggy full of fat. My eyes widened in awe.

"Where did you get that?" I asked.

"I stole it from my dad when he was sleeping. He weighs, like, 300 lbs, so he won't notice if a few ounces are missing", he responded confidently.

I ate about one third of the fat, and Kurt ate the rest. He seemed to enjoy it more than I did.

Over the next few years, we continued to gain more and more. It was cool at first, but after a while, we needed to gain just to get through the day. I would gain an ounce or two after school, but Kurt was already up to a pound a week. He got caught when his dad's clothes started getting baggy. Since we couldn't steal fat from his dad anymore, we had to get it from the older kids. I eventually managed to quit gaining, and as a result, I started smoking. Kurt, however, continued to gain weight. He now weighs as much as his dad did.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:02 AM   #62
-Michael-

-Michael- can now change their title

There's so many threads on this show! Copied from main forum thread:

I uploaded the whole episode. It is 97mb and is encoded in DivX with MP3 audio, so make sure you have the codec installed. The audio is a bit crackly, but that's what you get with recording off of an antenna.

Dr. Keith - Fatabulous (right click save as)
-Michael- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:58 AM   #63
Ivy
more cake, please!

Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!

I just watched it from the DL that Michael posted above me and I am so, so, so impressed. You ladies did a wonderful job, as did Dr Keith and his staff.

I really do not understand how anyone could think this was a negative portrayl of our community- I was almost positive it was going to be a total circus and we would all be made to look like creeps, I backed out of doing the show after telling the producers I was in because of this. I was so, so, SO wrong. Yes, there were a few things in the show that could been seen as negative towards a few issues but at least somewhat valid points were made when doing so, and MUCH worse things could have been said. The positive FAR out weighs the negative, and that is what matters.
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:14 AM   #64
panhype
Apréslist

panhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS
I thought there were so many great things about this show...
Absolutely agree with your summary.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:12 AM   #65
EtobicokeFA
Proud FA

EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Copy from the main thread.

I did enjoy the show very much. It went a long way to being postive. And, I would like to thank Desire and Nikki and the other girls for going on and give size acceptance great representation. And, show the world that being fat and being obese is not always the same thing. I specially like it when they all talk about how being fat was a choice. One that they are happy with. Even though alot of the audience didn't seem to be able to get their head around it.

However, I agree that they seemed to have waited until Rhonda's segment to bring out the big guns. By comparing being fat to smoking and then comparing it to being anorexic. I didn't like the fact the Bruce treated the show as an intervention, for his mother. He couldn't seem to see that his mother was happy.

Of course, being a doctor, Keith reminded the audience that in his opinion fat and obesity are the same thing.

All in all, it was a postive show for size acceptance.

"Health is not a body weight, it's a measure of fitness."
EtobicokeFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:56 AM   #66
UncannyBruceman
On Timeout

UncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow
Gaining weight is the same as smoking. At least the audience seems to think so. I remember when I was about 12 years old, I had a friend, Kurt, who I thought was cool. I did everything he did, in an attempt to become cool, myself. Kurt and I used to hang out behind the convenience store after school. One day, behind the convenience store, Kurt pulled out a little baggy full of fat. My eyes widened in awe.

"Where did you get that?" I asked.

"I stole it from my dad when he was sleeping. He weighs, like, 300 lbs, so he won't notice if a few ounces are missing", he responded confidently.

I ate about one third of the fat, and Kurt ate the rest. He seemed to enjoy it more than I did.

Over the next few years, we continued to gain more and more. It was cool at first, but after a while, we needed to gain just to get through the day. I would gain an ounce or two after school, but Kurt was already up to a pound a week. He got caught when his dad's clothes started getting baggy. Since we couldn't steal fat from his dad anymore, we had to get it from the older kids. I eventually managed to quit gaining, and as a result, I started smoking. Kurt, however, continued to gain weight. He now weighs as much as his dad did.
Priceless...fuckin' priceless...bravo!!!
UncannyBruceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:02 AM   #67
UncannyBruceman
On Timeout

UncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
The positive FAR out weighs the negative, and that is what matters.
Interesting choice of words (kidding). There were plenty of good points for the show, but as they say, the chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Not to say that Rhonda is weak in spirit, because she presented herself very well, but to see the doctor and the audience single her out and base his closing statements mostly on her is what bothers me.

Also, according to Rhonda herself, there was a statement from her son that was conveniently left out in which he backed off on his crusade to see her slim down. This is what gets me, this is why I didn't do the show either, and this is why I don't think that the show was ENTIRELY positive.
UncannyBruceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:35 AM   #68
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!

SamanthaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:43 AM   #69
mossystate

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Good lord..quit your whining!!!*L* From what the vast majority has said, the show was a success.Ablow is never going to NOT bring up the points he did..and..pssst..it IS his show.Any person going to one of those shows knows what they might be getting into, and sounds like the doc, overall, treated people well.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:44 AM   #70
mossystate

Ok, that emoticon is too fucking funny.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:17 PM   #71
HugKiss
@}-}{--}---- XOXOXOXOX

HugKiss is a member of the 500 clubHugKiss is a member of the 500 clubHugKiss is a member of the 500 clubHugKiss is a member of the 500 clubHugKiss is a member of the 500 clubHugKiss is a member of the 500 club
Default I just watched...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Michael-
There's so many threads on this show! Copied from main forum thread:

I uploaded the whole episode. It is 97mb and is encoded in DivX with MP3 audio, so make sure you have the codec installed. The audio is a bit crackly, but that's what you get with recording off of an antenna.

Dr. Keith - Fatabulous (right click save as)
Thank you, Michael for taking the time to set this for us.

Hugs,

HugKiss
Old 11-15-2006, 02:43 PM   #72
Ivy
more cake, please!

Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!

He really couldn't have done the show without incuding his cautions etc in the closing statement.. I don't think the show was 100% positive, but it never is, and most likely never will be. But 95% positive, yes sir, and that's still a real good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncannyBruceman
Interesting choice of words (kidding). There were plenty of good points for the show, but as they say, the chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Not to say that Rhonda is weak in spirit, because she presented herself very well, but to see the doctor and the audience single her out and base his closing statements mostly on her is what bothers me.

Also, according to Rhonda herself, there was a statement from her son that was conveniently left out in which he backed off on his crusade to see her slim down. This is what gets me, this is why I didn't do the show either, and this is why I don't think that the show was ENTIRELY positive.
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:18 PM   #73
PrettyFatGirl4U
R U ready 4 this jelly?

PrettyFatGirl4U carries a lot of weight on this boardPrettyFatGirl4U carries a lot of weight on this boardPrettyFatGirl4U carries a lot of weight on this boardPrettyFatGirl4U carries a lot of weight on this boardPrettyFatGirl4U carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaNY
I love this emoticon and you Samantha
PrettyFatGirl4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:44 PM   #74
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Ditto.

Emoticon is priceless.
LoveBHMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:11 PM   #75
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtobicokeFA
However, I agree that they seemed to have waited until Rhonda's segment to bring out the big guns. By comparing being fat to smoking and then comparing it to being anorexic. I didn't like the fact the Bruce treated the show as an intervention, for his mother. He couldn't seem to see that his mother was happy.
That's his mother he lives with. He sees her at her worst, not just when she is made up for the camera and sitting nicely on a studio couch, but when she is struggling, and, as he said, when she is out of breath from taking a few steps. I know something about that, because that was me a few years ago, and my son was in Rhonda's son's spot. He would get such a concerned, worried look on his face when I would have to walk any distance. I turned almost purple and would be breathing so hard he was certain I would have a heart attack any day. He didn't talk about it often, but I knew he was worried, and frankly, I didn't like living that way either, because it was restrictive, and dang, it's no fun to get so winded after hardly walking at all.

So, some might say that he should be more understanding, yet Rhonda herself brought up the comparison to smoking, and at first said it was a good one, but by the end contradicted herself saying it wasn't -- yet by then she had admitted that were he to start smoking 4 packs a day she would be as worried about him as he is about her.

When you have a young guy who has been raised by his mother, and her very life *feels* like it's in question (whether it actually is or not), it freaks a loving son out. And I felt it was evident that he has a very tender heart and he loves his mother. It's not like she is a neighbor or something, that is his mother -- likely the most important woman in his life. I do not for one minute blame or criticize him for acting or feeling as he did. Why should he see that she was "happy," when she herself has talked about fearing she might be too fat here (though not often)? Who knows what is admitted at home? And why should he have the responsibility of acting more adult than she?

The entire, positive tone of the show changed once her segment started, because they were able to discern and latch on to some implicit, yet evident, truths that aren't really admitted or talked about here, and that's all I will say, for fear of not wanting to start a war.
Quote:
All in all, it was a postive show for size acceptance.
I agree, and thought most of the show was great, and enjoyed it. Some of the comments were very positive, and the woman who stood up and said that that the confidence displayed was very sexy, and that many thin women don't have that kind of confidence, made me think, "right on."

As a doctor, he has to make some disclaimers, but I thought that he was very respectful and obviously does not value the Springer ethic of drama at any cost, which I appreciate and respect.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus

Last edited by Tina; 11-15-2006 at 07:14 PM.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote