Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 11-14-2006, 11:15 AM   #1
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default dr. keith - good show

i am shamed. the ladies all looked gorgeous, and the mostly skinny audience seemed in awe that fat women could be made up gorgeous like that. destiny and desire were fantastically casual about their right to be accepted and find great clothes at their size. desire particularly spoke more articulately and convincingly than almost anyone i've ever seen on one of these daytime tv shows i don't really care for. gaining goddess got way less flack than i expected for her lifestyle, but more on the doctor himself later. the feeder/feedee couple? excellent. i wanted to cry, seriously. i don't know if the guy frequents here at all but if he does i owe him a handshake. some of the things he said on the air, i've said almost word-for-word ("the second it stops being fun..."), and i could not have asked for a better representation of how harmless a responsible feeding lifestyle is. jennifer from bodacious and the astonishingly beautiful hot chocolate (if i sound gaspy it's because i've never seen her before and was totally unprepared for those hips) put bbw modeling into perspective with a very realistic and positive portrayal of their jobs. as for dr. keith, he was the real star though. he could be a politician, i've never seen a doctor look so seriously convinced before that fat's not all that bad, but he also spoke with amazing sensitivity and candor. his demeanor shocked me....i honestly felt that the audience and host walked out of that room with new beliefs towards bbws and even feeding practices. i apologize for my cynicism in previous posts about the show. i'm just in awe. i'd like to say that i still frown upon the idea of fat acceptance as such an oddity that it bears televising on a psychiatric talk show. and i also do not believe going on tv is a way to deal with problems or present oneself in the best light. but my opinion of the ladies and FAs who went on dr. keith is closer to brave than stupid now. i'm not an easy convert, and that guy was either a great actor or a great person. this has just been a great year for public fat acceptance, between this show, goddess patty's suprise for wee man in jackass 2 and azamat and borat's nude wrestling scene in borat (both hilarious and excellent examples of how do to fat humor that points out the funniness of fat without being demeaning), and my favorite, the "skinny" video by some techno guy that youtube makes gloriously watchable for us. no "feed" or "fat girls and feeders" this year. i think the election results had something to do with that, frankly.

Last edited by exile in thighville; 11-14-2006 at 11:17 AM.
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:24 AM   #2
biackrlng

biackrlng can now change their title
Default Nancy Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan ex machina
i am shamed. the ladies all looked gorgeous, and the mostly skinny audience seemed in awe that fat women could be made up gorgeous like that. destiny and desire were fantastically casual about their right to be accepted and find great clothes at their size. desire particularly spoke more articulately and convincingly than almost anyone i've ever seen on one of these daytime tv shows i don't really care for. gaining goddess got way less flack than i expected for her lifestyle, but more on the doctor himself later. the feeder/feedee couple? excellent. i wanted to cry, seriously. i don't know if the guy frequents here at all but if he does i owe him a handshake. some of the things he said on the air, i've said almost word-for-word ("the second it stops being fun..."), and i could not have asked for a better representation of how harmless a responsible feeding lifestyle is. jennifer from bodacious and the astonishingly beautiful hot chocolate (if i sound gaspy it's because i've never seen her before and was totally unprepared for those hips) put bbw modeling into perspective with a very realistic and positive portrayal of their jobs. as for dr. keith, he was the real star though. he could be a politician, i've never seen a doctor look so seriously convinced before that fat's not all that bad, but he also spoke with amazing sensitivity and candor. his demeanor shocked me....i honestly felt that the audience and host walked out of that room with new beliefs towards bbws and even feeding practices. i apologize for my cynicism in previous posts about the show. i'm just in awe. i'd like to say that i still frown upon the idea of fat acceptance as such an oddity that it bears televising on a psychiatric talk show. and i also do not believe going on tv is a way to deal with problems or present oneself in the best light. but my opinion of the ladies and FAs who went on dr. keith is closer to brave than stupid now. i'm not an easy convert, and that guy was either a great actor or a great person. this has just been a great year for public fat acceptance, between this show, goddess patty's suprise for wee man in jackass 2 and azamat and borat's nude wrestling scene in borat (both hilarious and excellent examples of how do to fat humor that points out the funniness of fat without being demeaning), and my favorite, the "skinny" video by some techno guy that youtube makes gloriously watchable for us. no "feed" or "fat girls and feeders" this year. i think the election results had something to do with that, frankly.
YES SKINNY INDEED BUT DID YOU GET A PEEK AT NANCY GODDESS WHO RUNS THE GODDESS BBW PARTIES IN NY. I ALMOST DID NOT RECOGNIZE HER SHE MUST HAVE LOST 300# I HOPE SHE IS OK
biackrlng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:26 AM   #3
Jack Skellington
Grim Grinning Ghosts

Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm glad the show went well and people had a good time.

But these threads are all over the place. They're like roaches! Once one is squashed, two more take it's place.

If one of these pop up on the fashion board, I outta here.

Goblins and ghoulies, from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine. Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond, let there be music from regions beyond.

Wizards and Witches, wherever you dwell, give us a hint by ringing a bell.
Jack Skellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:28 AM   #4
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!

But... but... did you see how well-dressed the women were??

*runs to post about it*
SamanthaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:35 AM   #5
UncannyBruceman
On Timeout

UncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging in

Nancy is doing fine, I've made appearances on her public access show and she's just a wonderful, supportive, good-hearted woman. In her words, the weight loss was medically necessary and not at all desired.

By the way, this show is being tackled in the Main Board but I'll say a few words here.

I'm still not buying Dr.Keith's act. He had a handful of attractive men and women on his panel today, and while he wasn't disrespectful, he still treated them as patients toward the end of the show. To bring several people to preach on about size-acceptance and then close the show with comments concerning health risks just doesn't fly with me. The audience was clearly NOT in support of Rhonda's desire to weigh 450lbs, and they treated her son as the only person who was making any sense on the panel.

The girls looked great and spoke well, no doubts there, but I don't feel as if this broadcast is helping the advancement of size-acceptance .
UncannyBruceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:13 PM   #6
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biackrlng
YES SKINNY INDEED BUT DID YOU GET A PEEK AT NANCY GODDESS WHO RUNS THE GODDESS BBW PARTIES IN NY. I ALMOST DID NOT RECOGNIZE HER SHE MUST HAVE LOST 300# I HOPE SHE IS OK
NO I DIDN'T NOTICE, HOW MANY # DID SHE USED TO WEIGH
Old 11-14-2006, 01:24 PM   #7
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncannyBruceman
Nancy is doing fine, I've made appearances on her public access show and she's just a wonderful, supportive, good-hearted woman. In her words, the weight loss was medically necessary and not at all desired.

By the way, this show is being tackled in the Main Board but I'll say a few words here.

I'm still not buying Dr.Keith's act. He had a handful of attractive men and women on his panel today, and while he wasn't disrespectful, he still treated them as patients toward the end of the show. To bring several people to preach on about size-acceptance and then close the show with comments concerning health risks just doesn't fly with me. The audience was clearly NOT in support of Rhonda's desire to weigh 450lbs, and they treated her son as the only person who was making any sense on the panel.

The girls looked great and spoke well, no doubts there, but I don't feel as if this broadcast is helping the advancement of size-acceptance .
i think you're way off about his "act." the kindest thing a doctor who's trained in the science of anti-fat can do to close a show about fat women is keep it as simple as he did: "i let them know the risks, and then let them make their own decisions." in no way did i feel he was exploiting them as victims, and i always feel exploited. keep in mind that this is a show to expect the absolute worst, preaching, patronizing, and i found dr. keith to be very careful in his words and manner on a subject he knew going in was going to be a disagreement. no comment on rhonda, except that the audience supported everyone else on stage pretty well, and what her son thinks is between her and him, despite what daytime tv watchers might think.

one comment on your attitude though, about this nancy person. "the weight loss was medically necessary and not at all desired." whew, like sigh of relief right? heaven forbid a bbw should desire to lose weight besides caring about her health. my whole stance on the fat/fa community has always been that we should lead by example of attitude, not to make outsiders of our own, and having been judged for being fat all most of our lives, less judgmental of people's health decisions. if someone wants to lose, they don't need anyone's approval to do so, same with gaining.

i applaud dr. keith for really not treating the women like "patients," except for maybe rhonda, and he cleverly let her son do the talking for him to keep the stains of preaching off his pristine and calm demeanor, a good move. but this show was an excellent of example of tolerance, and really created a true standard for displaying the concerns and lifestyles of bbws on the air without making them look like freaks. show the same tolerance for those interested in weight-loss as well as weightgain.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:21 PM   #8
UncannyBruceman
On Timeout

UncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
one comment on your attitude though, about this nancy person. "the weight loss was medically necessary and not at all desired." whew, like sigh of relief right?
Perfect example of how people are unable to read things around here...if you look at the post again, you'll see that I wrote "in her words". I know the woman personally and heard her say with her own voice that she had to do it for health, but didn't want to give up her supersize figure. Next time I make an appearance on her show, I'll be sure to address it so you could hear it for yourself. Go to http://www.goddessbbw.com and follow the links provided for the TV show on BCAT.
UncannyBruceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:37 PM   #9
Ned Sonntag
Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Fox Sponsors

Here on the Beantown station the first commercial was for the "Special K Diet" like supermarket cereal and Moo juice is an informed eating choice... then the ever-one-step-ahead-of-the-law L.A.Weight Loss with a results Not Typical testimonial... then oddly enough, the New England Culinary Instititute;
then Wm.Shatner touting one of our fine Personal injury Lawyers... network TV, sheesh... well, yeah it was like a decent Geraldo hour from the 90s but corporate media is not the ideal catapult for our propaganda...
Ned Sonntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:46 PM   #10
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
NO I DIDN'T NOTICE, HOW MANY # DID SHE USED TO WEIGH
lollerskates!!!
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:55 PM   #11
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Same ads as in the NY/PA/NJ media market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Sonntag
Here on the Beantown station the first commercial was for the "Special K Diet" like supermarket cereal and Moo juice is an informed eating choice... then the ever-one-step-ahead-of-the-law L.A.Weight Loss with a results Not Typical testimonial... then oddly enough, the New England Culinary Instititute;
then Wm.Shatner touting one of our fine Personal injury Lawyers... network TV, sheesh... well, yeah it was like a decent Geraldo hour from the 90s but corporate media is not the ideal catapult for our propaganda...
Except it was the NY Culinary Institute. The show's ad salespeople probably buy whatever is appealing to the daytime audience. My guess is you'd likely see the same ads no matter what the subject matter.
LoveBHMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:03 PM   #12
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud
lollerskates!!!
Yeah, I got a really good laugh out of that one, too

Oh, and this was good for a chuckle as well

quote Ned:
Quote:
then the ever-one-step-ahead-of-the-law L.A.Weight Loss

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:36 PM   #13
DebbieBBW
My diet starts tomorrow

DebbieBBW does more than just post hot picsDebbieBBW does more than just post hot picsDebbieBBW does more than just post hot pics

Sadly I had to miss the show. I'm hoping BodaciousNicole recorded it. I like Dr. Keith, even before he had a show I was a fan. It sounds like to me the whole thing went over well. The vid looks great and I can't wait to see the whole thing. Congrats ladies on what sounds like a job well done.

As far as him mentioning health reason at the end....

He did NOT focus on that and IMHO for him as a doctor to not mention it AT ALL would be fake, period. I mean anyone with a brain would be watching and wondering what his views were as a doctor, so to completely ignore the issue would have made him look like a fake asshole. I'm glad it was brought up but not the focus.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:40 PM   #14
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Good point Debbie.

I think their aim was to be balanced and to present the whole picture of the lifestyle. Obviously health is a part of it, and Rhonda made a point of talking about it herself, mentioning doctor's visits and keeping up with her bloodwork and blood pressure and sugar levels.

Dr. Keith really did himself proud by talking about what his responsibilities would be as a physician, but also what his limits would be.
LoveBHMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:29 PM   #15
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

That's a hell of a recommendation, Dan.

Quote:
i'd like to say that i still frown upon the idea of fat acceptance as such an oddity that it bears televising on a psychiatric talk show. and i also do not believe going on tv is a way to deal with problems or present oneself in the best light.
I totally agree with this. But it sounds like if there are more opportunities to see our community portrayed in such a light, maybe it won't be such an oddity for so many people. There will still be too much money to be made by the weightloss industry to actually project a blasé attitude about fatness, but as they say, if even one mind was changed, it was worth it. Sounds like the guests on the show can claim more than one, though. Great going!

Quote:
my whole stance on the fat/fa community has always been that we should lead by example of attitude, not to make outsiders of our own, and having been judged for being fat all most of our lives, less judgmental of people's health decisions. if someone wants to lose, they don't need anyone's approval to do so, same with gaining.
Again, agreed, Dan. Live, let live. *looking for the rep button...*

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus

Last edited by Tina; 11-14-2006 at 11:34 PM.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:33 PM   #16
Jack Skellington
Grim Grinning Ghosts

Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Sonntag
then Wm.Shatner touting one of our fine Personal injury Lawyers...
Do not mock the great and glorious Shatner!! May the holy Shatner have mercy on wretched soul!

Goblins and ghoulies, from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine. Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond, let there be music from regions beyond.

Wizards and Witches, wherever you dwell, give us a hint by ringing a bell.
Jack Skellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:16 PM   #17
ciaobella

ciaobella can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesciaobella can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Ok, so I'm watching the show and while certain segments are good on the whole I'm getting a pretty negative vibe from it. I really don't see it as a positive look on being fat. Sorry, just my opinion. I feel worse now than I did before. Thanks anyway.
ciaobella is offline   Reply With Quote