Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 12-14-2006, 07:40 PM   #26
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Yeah, the sharpness of the orange flavor meshed with the powdered sugar is like the true essence of orange melting into your tongue My son said his first bite tasted a little bitter (maybe too much pith?), but the next bite was so sweet he thought it was candy not cookies!
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:51 PM   #27
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missaf View Post
Yeah, the sharpness of the orange flavor meshed with the powdered sugar is like the true essence of orange melting into your tongue My son said his first bite tasted a little bitter (maybe too much pith?), but the next bite was so sweet he thought it was candy not cookies!
We planted a Washington Navel orange tree a couple years ago; this year's crop is just beginning to ripen. I'm thinking I'm gonna try your recipe, Missaf. I bet Bio would love those cookies. Thanks for the recipe and pic!
Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:53 PM   #28
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Dam dam dam!

I did not have my camera with me yesterday. :-( I went to eat at the Cheesecake Factory and everyone wanted dessert after. I was in no mood for cheesecake, I wanted ice cream AND I wanted another drink. Some of you know of my other dessert/drink combos. My last was a root beer float with a shot of bourbon poured in which is nummy nummy. But over the summer a woman told me of a dessert she made for guests at a summer party: vanilla ice cream with Godiva chocolate liquor poured over it and she got raves and raves all night long. So I ordered a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream in a goblet and poured a shot of Godiva Chocolate liquor over it. Ooooooooooo...... SO good.

Simple, satisfying, no prep necessary.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:43 PM   #29
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Lilly, a brownie with Ice cream and a bit of chocolate sauce on top and then some Chambord (raspberry liquer) and Godiva White Chocolate Liquer poured over the top. Nummy!

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:18 PM   #30
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
Lilly, a brownie with Ice cream and a bit of chocolate sauce on top and then some Chambord (raspberry liquer) and Godiva White Chocolate Liquer poured over the top. Nummy!
Wow! That sounds deadly!

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:33 PM   #31
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It is!!!

As a mixed drink, I also like the same mix, only the Godiva mixed with ice and a bit of coconut milk into a slush, served in an old fashioned glass, with almost a shot of Chambord dropped into the center. These are my own recipes. And the funny thing? I rarely ever drink.

Dee, those are some beautiful, nummy-looking cookies!

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:22 PM   #32
Kimberleigh
gardening, mostly.

Kimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions community

The food stylist in me was having a bad photo day, this is the best one. I may try again later...

From the top left - Chocolate Orange Pinwheels, Nut Rounds, CandyCane Thumbprints (how Dee got hers so smooth,I don't know, mine all cracked - they're still yummy.) and Candied Orange Pecan Biscotti.

Kimberleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:44 PM   #33
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

Kimberleigh,

Your cookies look awesome (they probably taste even better than they look, am I right?) and the photo is gorgeous! Really top notch! I'd probably have to go with the biscotti first with a nice hot cup of mocha coffee, then I'd sample those chocolate orange pinwheels. I've never made cookies like that- how do you get them so uniform (without unwrapping them from a package, slicing and baking them )?

No secret to my peppermint kiss cookies- I ended using a recipe from cooks.com for chocolate thumbprint cookies. They were actually really good, very much like brownie cookies, and I used cocoa rather than melting chocolate chips, which I prefer to stay away from after enduring a couple of "water meets melted chocolate" episodes, ya know? However, my kisses got a little el scorchoed on top- what's your secret?
Old 12-19-2006, 02:57 PM   #34
Ivy
more cake, please!

Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!

My friends and I made holiday cupcakes. Unfortunately, most of the pictures are of the ones that were of the anatomically correct snowman family my one friend made.

Here's one of the few pictures that fit the this thread!

Last edited by Ivy; 10-05-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:53 PM   #35
Kimberleigh
gardening, mostly.

Kimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risible View Post
Kimberleigh,

Your cookies look awesome (they probably taste even better than they look, am I right?) and the photo is gorgeous! Really top notch! I'd probably have to go with the biscotti first with a nice hot cup of mocha coffee, then I'd sample those chocolate orange pinwheels. I've never made cookies like that- how do you get them so uniform (without unwrapping them from a package, slicing and baking them )?

No secret to my peppermint kiss cookies- I ended using a recipe from cooks.com for chocolate thumbprint cookies. They were actually really good, very much like brownie cookies, and I used cocoa rather than melting chocolate chips, which I prefer to stay away from after enduring a couple of "water meets melted chocolate" episodes, ya know? However, my kisses got a little el scorchoed on top- what's your secret?
thank you, thank you! Your's are gorgeous too! And I love the plate.
The biscotti are hubby's fave too.

The pinwheels were tricky...I hadn't made them either, but they sounded so good...I think the secret was to try and make each roll of dough (orange and chocolate) the same exact size. I wound up having a couple of uglies from the ends...lol - so I ate 'em!

Did you bake the cookie then press the kiss into it (I'm sure that's why mine cracked the way they did), or did you bake the kiss?
I didn't bake the kiss...the original recipe I have for the Almond based ones didn't bake the regular chocolate kiss, so I figured it was a bad idea to bake the white one...I used 2 oz. of melted Hershey's Special Dark Baking Bar and a quarter cup of Special Dark cocoa, and I still wish the dough were darker and maybe a bit fudgier?

I just had a couple of these too...and the peppermint flavor has definitely infused the chocolate cookie...MMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Last edited by Kimberleigh; 12-19-2006 at 07:53 PM. Reason: typo
Kimberleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:53 PM   #36
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Made these cookies last night. They were kind of a pain to make (they take forever to bake!)

They are malted milk cookies with milk chocolate and dark chocolate and malted milk powder in the batter and crushed Whoppers (malted milk balls) to boot.

Damn good.

More pics:

14-ingredients.jpg
I looked at the table in front of me and chuckled at the chaos. Thought I'd snap a pic.

13-chopped choc.jpg
Here is the dark chocolate I broke into bits. Can you identify the brand? There are clues in the pile. (Letters from the logo on the chocolate)

15-maltmilk-oven.jpg
Right out of the oven. MmmmMMm can you smell the malted milk?
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 06:31 PM   #37
Risible
Monkey Daze

SVS,

Ghiradelli! Would you believe, my husband was sitting here and I was going, "ok, I've got a D and an I and an R," and he came up with Ghiradelli. He doesn't even *lowers voice, shifts eyes around, whispers* like chocolate.

They look so yummy! Good thing I baked a fresh batch of scratch cookies myself or I'd have the want-me's!

Had to laugh at the "aftermath" photo, too. Ain't that the worst??
Old 12-31-2006, 06:50 PM   #38
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risible View Post
SVS,

Ghiradelli! Would you believe, my husband was sitting here and I was going, "ok, I've got a D and an I and an R," and he came up with Ghiradelli. He doesn't even *lowers voice, shifts eyes around, whispers* like chocolate.

They look so yummy! Good thing I baked a fresh batch of scratch cookies myself or I'd have the want-me's!

Had to laugh at the "aftermath" photo, too. Ain't that the worst??
Ding! Ding! Ding! You got it right

Well you've tempted us with your cookies. It was payback time!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 01-01-2007, 11:05 AM   #39
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

I've had some requests for the recipe for the Malted Milk Cookies, so here goes.

First, let me say, that I googled and found lots of other recipes - but they didn't have all the elements I wanted. I didn't want it to be a chocolate cookie. I wanted crushed malted milk balls in it. I wanted dark chocolate chunks in it. So I went with this one. But feel free to google the other recipes and decide for yourself.

Also, this recipe was british, so I converted the measurements the best I could. The original recipe is here.

Malted Milk Cookies with Chunks of Dark Chocolate and Malteser Smashings

250g butter, softened (1/2 lb)
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
2 1/4 cups plain flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup malted milk powder
200g dark chocolate, broken into chunks (7 oz)
100g Maltesers (malted milk balls), smashed in the bag (3.5 oz)

Cream butter and sugar.

Add the eggs gradually and beat well.

Add flour, baking powder, malted milk powder, chocolate and Maltesers and mix well.

Place large tablespoonfuls of mixture onto baking trays lined with baking paper or greaseproof paper.

Ensure there is plenty of room between mounds to allow for spreading (I did about five per tray).

Bake at 150C (300F) for 20-25 minutes (depending on how soft/crispy you like your cookie). I like mine a little crispier and left them in for about 30 minutes.

Makes about 25.

I don't know if my conversions are right, but things seemed to come out ok. I did add more malted milk powder - they weren't malty enough without it. And I also added milk chocolate chips in addition to the dark chocolate (because I didn't have enough dark choc). Also - the malted milk balls melt into the cookie - they are not noticeable. I would maybe save the crushed candy and sprinkle it on top, next time. But I think it would probably still melt in (you know how they melt on your tongue?)

Now I am craving them. Good thing they are only a few steps away!
Old 01-01-2007, 01:06 PM   #40
GoddessNoir
Milkmaid

GoddessNoir knows EXACTLY what's going onGoddessNoir knows EXACTLY what's going onGoddessNoir knows EXACTLY what's going onGoddessNoir knows EXACTLY what's going onGoddessNoir knows EXACTLY what's going onGoddessNoir knows EXACTLY what's going on

Wow, you guys are fantastic, love to hear what fellow bakers are up to.

I did lots of baking this year but my camera has been really on the fritz lately.

In fact, I sent out 7 Holiday Baskets to a bunch of friends. I made: (visualize people )

chocolate chunk cookies
butter cookies
chocolate chunk cranberry biscotti (which came out beautifully, my first time making this)
brownies (I got this recipe from a beautiful lady on this board but have forgotten her name, this has been my brownie recipe ever since she posted so, thanks again!)
banana nut muffin stars
chocolate chocolate chip cake cookies

Today I am baking a banana nut loaf which I'll be sending off to a good friend and a cheesecake just because you know, I'm greedy like that.

Ecstasy is uncut forests and the smell of fresh baked bread. - Arvuyeda
GoddessNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:10 PM   #41
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessNoir View Post

I did lots of baking this year but my camera has been really on the fritz lately.
Same here! Okay, not so much the truth. I lost the cord to connect my camera to my computer. I have NO idea what happened to it. Thus, my previous and inaccurate post stating that I would post my gingerbread cookies and chocolate chip cookies later. It was a lie! Never found the damn cord.

So... when this post is reactivated in July, you know what happened.

SVS, Risible, mouthwatering pictures... and SVS, I have the same kitchen chaos when I bake! lol
out.of.habit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #42
NancyGirl74

NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Better late....

I finally uploaded my holiday pics. Here are a few of the desserts I made for my family gathering.

My famous cookies...ok, so they are slice and bake cookies but I sliced them and baked them myself!
Attachment 13483

A simple coconut cake that was very, very yummy.
Attachment 13482

A brownie concoction that was to die for. This was my personal fave. I think I ate the most of it.
Attachment 13484

I made chocolates for my extended family members.
Attachment 13481

Hope everyone had a yummy holiday!

Last edited by NancyGirl74; 09-12-2010 at 05:10 PM.
NancyGirl74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:01 PM   #43
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Those look delicious! I need a better kitchen so I can make ridiculous amounts of holiday sweets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyGirl74 View Post
I finally uploaded my holiday pics. Here are a few of the desserts I made for my family gathering.

My famous cookies...ok, so they are slice and bake cookies but I sliced them and baked them myself!
Attachment 13483

Attachment 13482

A brownie concoction that was to die for. This was my personal fave. I think I ate the most of it.
Attachment 13484

Attachment 13481

out.of.habit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:59 PM   #44
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyGirl74 View Post

Attachment 13483

Attachment 13482

Attachment 13484

Attachment 13481

Tell me more about the "brownie concoction". It looks like something I would reallllly like!

Also - those are the prettiest jars ever! Where did you get them??
Old 01-07-2007, 08:40 AM   #45
NancyGirl74

NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
Tell me more about the "brownie concoction". It looks like something I would reallllly like!

The brownie concoction is right up my alley when it comes to baking....most of the stuff comes from a box. I shall post the recipe for that and the coconut cake as soon as I find them.

Quote:
Also - those are the prettiest jars ever! Where did you get them??

Walmart, my friend, Walmart.
NancyGirl74 is offline   Reply With Quote