Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 12-09-2006, 08:58 AM   #1
ImWideAwake

ImWideAwake has said some nice things
Default 'Normal' Fattening Foods?

I was wondering how you can make ordinary everyday food much more fattening?
I'm asking this because I'm not quite the expert :P
ImWideAwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:44 PM   #2
Happenstance
Cautious Pessimist

Happenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going on

Frying things tends to do the trick. Fried chicken, fried chocolate, fried coleslaw, fried soda... use your imagination. Also, adding large amounts of sugar can help. Who can resist a platter of sugar-coated jumbo shrimp, or a cesar salad with sugar croutons and maple syrup for dressing? Finally, what really makes everyday food more fattening is eating more of it.

In this day and age of everyone asking the opposite question, I would think one wouldn't have to try too hard at something like this.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:48 PM   #3
ImWideAwake

I guess Europeans, at least I have :P, a different definition frying.
What do you exactly mean with 'frying'?
Old 12-10-2006, 07:48 PM   #4
TheSaint
On Timeout

TheSaint has said some nice things

Frying is simply putting something in a pan, and cooking it with a lot of butter or oil. Instant calories! Plus, everything tastes better when fried.
TheSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:31 PM   #5
ImWideAwake

Aha, I see.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:10 PM   #6
BMcGuire88
On Timeout

BMcGuire88 has said some nice things

my family has a history of heart disease and i dont want to get to unhealthy. but i am trying to put weight on. can anyone recommend foods that can give me some extra girth w/o causing health problems?
BMcGuire88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:26 PM   #7
Blimpy
On Timeout

Blimpy has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMcGuire88
my family has a history of heart disease and i dont want to get to unhealthy. but i am trying to put weight on. can anyone recommend foods that can give me some extra girth w/o causing health problems?
I put ranch dressing on everything. I don't think that is bad for you.
Blimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:29 PM   #8
FUPAthanx4askin
On Timeout

FUPAthanx4askin has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blimpy
I put ranch dressing on everything. I don't think that is bad for you.
I just wrap everything in bacon. im a huge fan of christmas, so i love unwrapping presents. so everytime i cook something i wrap it upin bacon, and t hen unwrap it and it feels like christmas.
FUPAthanx4askin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:57 PM   #9
BMcGuire88
On Timeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUPAthanx4askin
I just wrap everything in bacon. im a huge fan of christmas, so i love unwrapping presents. so everytime i cook something i wrap it upin bacon, and t hen unwrap it and it feels like christmas.
i dont think that is a good idea. i was looking for something more heart healthy. i am trying to gain weight but i was born with congenitle heart disease so its hard, and i cant have stuff that is bad for your heart.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:01 PM   #10
BMcGuire88
On Timeout

please help me, i would genuinley like to get bigger.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:06 PM   #11
Happenstance
Cautious Pessimist

Happenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going on

As a general rule, plant-derived fats are healthy while animal-derived fats are not. Worse than either are hydrogenated fats, which have been artificially unsaturated in misguided attempts to make them healthier. So good options here are nuts, legumes, and their derivatives - peanut butter, vegetable oils, and cashews, a personal favourite of mine. And then you could take the anti-Atkins approach and eat large amounts of potatoes and bread. No one ever told anyone to cut the bread out of their diet that I'm aware of. In fact, the USDA food pyramid one recommended up to 11 servings of grain-type products, even though that's hardly a reliable source for anything except the economic interests of farmers.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:06 PM   #12
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

actually I'm wondering something like this too...But I want to avoid tons of extra sodium and extra sugar. I cook EVERYTHING with butter, so that's easy ...it's just I wonder what else I could do.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:43 PM   #13
fatkid420
On Timeout

fatkid420 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfatkid420 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImWideAwake
I was wondering how you can make ordinary everyday food much more fattening?
I'm asking this because I'm not quite the expert :P

just eat more calories and you will build more fat, its that simple.
fatkid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:37 AM   #14
Mercedes

Mercedes can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMercedes can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Olive oil is healthy. And tastier than normal vegetable oil. And good for the heart too.

Healthy choices also include fatty fish, like salmon... lots of it Plenty of calories!
Mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:26 PM   #15
Fuzzy Necromancer

Fuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging in

Olive oil and safflower oil is kewl. ^^ I use some olive oil in almost everything I cook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
all we ask is that those without fetishes respect the notion that the vast majority of fetish-havers know how to reconcile their kink with the dangers of reality just as you would assume your next door neighbor is not a pedophile.
Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine.
Fuzzy Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:59 PM   #16
Happenstance
Cautious Pessimist

I personally think canola oil is the way to go. Olive oil has a very strange aftertaste to it.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:26 PM   #17
BMcGuire88
On Timeout

i actually like olive oil. i tried it after i read the godfather. maybe i should eat more ofit?
Old 12-12-2006, 07:32 PM   #18
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca
actually I'm wondering something like this too...But I want to avoid tons of extra sodium and extra sugar. I cook EVERYTHING with butter, so that's easy ...it's just I wonder what else I could do.
Boost if you can stomach it.

Lean cuts of beef without the fat trimmed makes for better meat.

Omelets are good, with warm avocado and tomato and mozzerella.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:12 PM   #19
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist
Boost if you can stomach it.

Lean cuts of beef without the fat trimmed makes for better meat.

Omelets are good, with warm avocado and tomato and mozzerella.
that last one sounds pretty yummy. Tomatoes are one of my favorite foods and who doesn't love cheese.

I will def be trying that omelet.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:16 PM   #20
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ah, BTW, if you don't whisk your eggs with milk or cream, they're better.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:23 PM   #21
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist
Ah, BTW, if you don't whisk your eggs with milk or cream, they're better.

how's that?
Old 12-14-2006, 02:59 PM   #22
Buffetbelly
Nosh, destroyer of snacks

Buffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 club
Cool

Hummus and baba ganoush = veggies high in fat and calories
Also, nuts of all kinds. Just go for lightly salted or unsalted. A little can or tin of nuts can have 1,000 calories and can be munched while at the computer in no time.
Buffetbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:31 AM   #23
kattylee

kattylee has said some nice things

A big mug of coffee, made up with cream and full fat milk (no water) and put in microwave. Thats what I make for my BF, what do you think? x
kattylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:15 PM   #24
Buffetbelly
Nosh, destroyer of snacks

Buffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattylee View Post
A big mug of coffee, made up with cream and full fat milk (no water) and put in microwave. Thats what I make for my BF, what do you think? x
au lait!

Ride 'em, cowgirl!
Buffetbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 02:45 AM   #25
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetbelly View Post
Hummus and baba ganoush = veggies high in fat and calories
Also, nuts of all kinds. Just go for lightly salted or unsalted. A little can or tin of nuts can have 1,000 calories and can be munched while at the computer in no time.
this also happens to be one of my favorite snacks.