Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 12-13-2006, 02:32 PM   #1
KuroBara
"She Coo"

KuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging in
Lightbulb Ready to Take the Plunge!(Sort of)

I think I maybe want to start a Pay-Site in the near future if anyone thinks that is a good idea. I know it's not a gold mine, but I could use any extra legal money I can get. But I don't know if I can really do it. I like taking pictures, I like posing, I like comments and feel I should make some money off my exhibitionist desires. Still, I don't know if I'll be successful. So I am begging for tips and hints, if the ladies don't mind. Could I do this?

FaceBook and FarmVille, Yo!Ville, Mafia Wars and Cafe World addict! ID: Geralyn Holmes
KuroBara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:45 PM   #2
moonvine
Queen of Contempt

moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

You might want to ask this on the Paysite board also.....I don't know if they really have discussions there though.

I don't know anything about paysites so I can't help you, sorry.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do though.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:36 PM   #3
Kimberleigh
gardening, mostly.

Kimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I tried it, on a multi-girl site, and found it incredibly difficult.
I lasted about 6 months, and finally, back in the summer, got a single paycheck from it. I have nothing but respect for the women here who make it work. That said, here's my 2c:

Be prepared for a great deal of hard work, it is by no means as easy as it looks. There's a good bit of work besides posing for pics involved.

There are initial investments to think of - you need a quality digital camera, and perhaps some lighting and backgrounds. 24/7 computer access, and preferably, some photo-editing and html skills. If you're going to have a personal domain name site, you need hosting and the skillset that goes with running a site.

You need a source of lingerie, shoes and props - I'd suggest taking a look through the paysite board at the range of costumes, props and backgrounds that any single model goes through in a month.

You need a great attitude and enough um...backbone to promote yourself, pretty tirelessly. Miss 2 or 3 weekly updates and your members will move on.
Members want new and improved all the time. Spending time with your members is another value add, so be prepared to answer email, chat on IM and perhaps even cam with members.

Finding something unique and turning that into a positive is the best thing you can do to set yourself apart. Being consistent and patient goes a long way.

hth.
Kimberleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:20 PM   #4
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Everything said by Kimberleigh times 100. It's a lot of work, and you have to want to do it even if you don't make a dime. If you don't go in with that attitude, you probably shouldn't be doing it at all.

Other than that, if you choose to do something, just investigate sites and see which fits your idea of what you are willing to do... then contact webmasters to find out if you'd be a good fit for them. Not everyone is, for various reasons, so don't take any rejection or lack of interest personally.... it's like finding a good pair of shoes, trial and error.

Just a reminder to anyone responding... no paysite suggestions or links, that's a no-no on any board outside the paysite board.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:30 PM   #5
Ivy
more cake, please!

Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!

Kimberleigh is dead on. It is a ton of work and a pretty big investment. As far as clothing and shoes go, shoes are reuseable, some outfits are reshootable (if you space things out a helluva lot) but most aren't. You can resell the outfits to other girls, but you're going to loose a few bucks. But, then again, you make a few bucks off the pictures so it works out most of the time. You have to have a great camera that can make videos, or a seperate video camera. Some girls get by without videos, but from what I've heard from my members in a poll I did a while back, they will not join a site if it doesn't have video content that is updated regularly.

Also, I know when I first started I made next to nothing. It wasn't until I had done it for a year that I started to make enough money that I got a check each week. It can be frusterating as hell, but in my expirence, over time it does pay off.

The other thing is you get a lot of e-mails and the ocasional creep/e-stalker. I've had more than a few and it's pretty stressful and something that I was not counting on.

Also, a good photographer is important. This can be a friend or boyfriend.. just someone who is willing to devote the time to helping you on a regular basis. I have 3 friends and a boyfriend who rotate as my photographer. And in the past, I've used my self timer and a tripod to do sets.. which I would NOT suggest to anyone because it takes an hour to get 100 pictures. Usually, depending on which photographer I have, I can get 100 pictures taken in about 20 minutes. But, when I first started it would take about 40 minutes to get 70 pictures.. It's time consuming, but can be fun.

Best of luck!

Last edited by Ivy; 12-13-2006 at 07:34 PM.
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:11 AM   #6
KuroBara
"She Coo"

KuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging in

Thanks so much for the advice. Honestly, I never knew there was so much to consider. I'll have to save up for the costumes and props. Wow.

Maybe I'll just keep posting on the Main Board. I'll look on other sites for some ideas and weight the pro and cons.

FaceBook and FarmVille, Yo!Ville, Mafia Wars and Cafe World addict! ID: Geralyn Holmes

Last edited by KuroBara; 12-14-2006 at 07:13 AM.
KuroBara is offline   Reply With Quote