Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board



View Poll Results: Religiosity Poll
You deny the existence of a higher intelligence. (Atheist) 26 22.81%
You have no opinion on whether there is a higher intelligence or not. (Agnostic) 16 14.04%
You believe in a higher intelligence but do not attend any place of worship regularly. 46 40.35%
You attend a place of worship on a regular basis and often(ie once at least once a week). 26 22.81%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2006, 06:21 PM   #51
Mini
Right, not nice
 
Mini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,855
Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
You still haven't answered any question about why you would think that members of the weight gain community would or would not be religious. Having read through your posts in this thread, I still find no clear response, only arguments about the actual definition of "agnosticism" or what "religious" really means.

Now you claim that everything is explained in earlier posts when, in fact, you have talked much and said very little.
My assumption is his hypothesis, if you can call it them, is based around the Catholic notion that gluttony is a sin; ergo, strict followers of Christ would be less likely to congregate on a board dedicated to it.

Something like that, anyway. Could be totally off base, but I realise that I don't much care either way.
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:26 PM   #52
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa
 
Blackjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 9,923
Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
My assumption is his hypothesis, if you can call it them, is based around the Catholic notion that gluttony is a sin; ergo, strict followers of Christ would be less likely to congregate on a board dedicated to it.

Something like that, anyway. Could be totally off base, but I realise that I don't much care either way.
I had figured as much, but the poll results seem to disagree with his theory.

Then again, "religious" apparently only applies to the OP's own ideology, and not any other ones that people might follow.
__________________
284/1001
Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:29 PM   #53
James_au
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 55
James_au has said some nice things
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz_au View Post
Perhaps my presumption is incorrect, but it seemed on the rare occasion religion has come up on this board that arguments have been very one sided. Someone, I think it may have been Ned, stated that a board which was sexual in nature, such as the Weight Board, a place to discuss weight gain fantasies, would be an odd place for religious types to frequent.

Please take into account as well that a few votes were made by people who may not be part of this community as this thread was sitting on the "Lounge" board for a little while.
For god's sakes Blackjack! If you had actually bothered to read through my posts I don't see how you could have missed this one.
James_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:38 PM   #54
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa
 
Blackjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 9,923
Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz_au View Post
For god's sakes Blackjack! If you had actually bothered to read through my posts I don't see how you could have missed this one.
All it said was that topics concerning religion "seem one-sided". It offered no real explanation as to why that would relate to the weight gain community, of which this board is a varied and small sample.
__________________
284/1001
Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:45 PM   #55
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰
 
AnnMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Twirly Girl
Posts: 16,296
AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Your post was in the Lounge for less than 2 hours around midnight the night it was posted... so enough with that.

If you don't want to elaborate any further on their questions, fine, but no reason to be so nasty about it and tell people what they should be doing and how they should be reading. You brought up a discussion about religion, it would be completely asinine to assume that wouldn't provoke a wide variety of responses - especially since you chose to include definitions that can certainly be open to interpretation.

If you're going to bring up potentially heated topics, get a thicker skin.

And, in case you're really worried about it being moved from here, you should keep in mind that with your hostile attitude toward many of the respondents in your thread (who are asking you perfectly valid questions) the next stop for this thread is Hyde Park.
__________________
So ... yeah.
AnnMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:47 PM   #56
James_au
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 55
James_au has said some nice things
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
All it said was that topics concerning religion "seem one-sided". It offered no real explanation as to why that would relate to the weight gain community, of which this board is a varied and small sample.
You must be kidding me. I pointed out in that post how sexual fantasies, in which weight gain fantasies usually come under are not something "church-going people usually like to discuss.
James_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:53 PM   #57
James_au
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 55
James_au has said some nice things
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
Your post was in the Lounge for less than 2 hours around midnight the night it was posted... so enough with that.

If you don't want to elaborate any further on their questions, fine, but no reason to be so nasty about it and tell people what they should be doing and how they should be reading. You brought up a discussion about religion, it would be completely asinine to assume that wouldn't provoke a wide variety of responses - especially since you chose to include definitions that can certainly be open to interpretation.

If you're going to bring up potentially heated topics, get a thicker skin.

And, in case you're really worried about it being moved from here, you should keep in mind that with your hostile attitude toward many of the respondents in your thread (who are asking you perfectly valid questions) the next stop for this thread is Hyde Park.
You are completely wrong about me. I had no problem with people disagreeing with me such as Observer and I responded every time. I was only upset because people were being critical without bothering to have a look at the full picture by not reading my previous posts and I have responded to pretty much every question. I had a valid reason to be upset and Blackjack had no right to treat me like he did. If should be telling him off for being nasty not me.

I don't know why you brought up the lounge, I even thanked the moderator for bring this thread back in a previous post. So I have been very courteous about it.
James_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:00 PM   #58
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa
 
Blackjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 9,923
Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz_au View Post
I had a valid reason to be upset and Blackjack had no right to treat me like he did.
All I did was call you on your refusal to give valid answers.

...as per the moderator's wishes, however, I'm ceasing this argument. From my end, at least.
__________________
284/1001
Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:08 PM   #59
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰
 
AnnMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Twirly Girl
Posts: 16,296
AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

I wasn't saying the content upset you, but the simple interaction and the way you feel people "should" read and behave has.

You need to dial it back a notch or two, that's all.

This is not the post of a calm guy who's just having a discussion with people.

Quote:
OK, I am not going to answer anymore questions or take part in this discussion anymore. I am getting very sick of stupid repeat questions and statements as I have answered them earlier in this thread and I am getting rather annoyed. Before you ask a question read ALL of my posts!
That's all I'm saying.... just take people as they come and stop acting like you're having a little tantrum. It doesn't exactly make people want to interact.
__________________
So ... yeah.
AnnMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:09 PM   #60
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰
 
AnnMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Twirly Girl
Posts: 16,296
AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
All I did was call you on your refusal to give valid answers.

...as per the moderator's wishes, however, I'm ceasing this argument. From my end, at least.
Thank you very much, it's appreciated.
__________________
So ... yeah.
AnnMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:03 PM   #61
Tina
Older and wiser now
 
Tina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: location, location.
Posts: 15,215
Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCutieSasha View Post
I went to church today And I really enjoyed it. Feels nice to be able to say that. And Tina, remember that conversation we had that the Dims dinner? About the movie Stigmata? I still think that movie has a great message in it I just watched it the other day.
Ah, yes, I remember, Sasha: the Gospel of Thomas. Beautiful. This is an interesting website regarding the Gospel of Thomas and how it has been translated by many different people.

Jesus Said:
I am the Light
Which illumines all men.
I am the All.
The All came forth from me
and the All ended up in me.
Split some wood, I am there.
Lift a stone,
you will find me there.

"Jesus said: If your leaders say to you "Look! The Kingdom is in the sky!" then the birds will be there before you are. If they say that the Kingdom is in the sea, then the fish will be there before you are. Rather, the Kingdom is within you and it is outside of you."
__________________
"I'm really tired of a fat woman's sexuality being just another fat joke." -- Felicia/Supero

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus

Last edited by Tina; 12-17-2006 at 09:25 PM.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:09 PM   #62
Leonard
Large Marge sent me.
 
Leonard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Harlem
Posts: 497
Leonard is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeonard is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeonard is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeonard is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeonard is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeonard is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeonard is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeonard is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeonard is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeonard is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeonard is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Well, dannyz_au, you've caused quite a stir. Welcome to the forum.

Before I begin I'd like to say that I've read every single post on this thread. Compelling reading. But I guess that's what happens when you choose to bring up one of the two topics one is advised not to discuss in polite company.

The poll is useless, man. Mark Twain was right. By placing it in the weight board you assume that it will be answered solely by feeders and feedees. Well, I've never been a feeder and I frequent this board all the time. I go on the BHM board too and I'm not a BHM or a FFA. God help you if you create a poll there. I may take part in feeding in the future, but that's not why I'm on this forum. I'm on this forum because I support the size acceptance movement.

Now, from what I've read, you seem to think that the lifestyle of a feeder or feedee is not compatible with a religious lifestyle. This has lead you to believe that this board will not be frequented by many so-called "religious types". You define a "religious type" as someone who attends chruch at least once a week and abstains from sex before marriage. I think these parameters are pretty superficial, but I can understand why someone would not.

What I want to know, dannyz_au, is do consider youself a feeder? You've already explained what you hoped to learn from your poll; I want to know why you hope to learn it.

*100th post*
Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:22 PM   #63
BigCutieSasha
Fatty McFat Fat
 
BigCutieSasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Portland
Posts: 4,017
BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
Ah, yes, I remember, Sasha: the Gospel of Thomas. Beautiful. This is an interesting website regarding the Gospel of Thomas and how it has been translated by many different people.

Jesus Said:
I am the Light
Which illumines all men.
I am the All.
The All came forth from me
and the All ended up in me.
Split some wood, I am there.
Lift a stone,
you will find me there.

"Jesus said: If your leaders say to you "Look! The Kingdom is in the sky!" then the birds will be there before you are. If they say that the Kingdom is in the sea, then the fish will be there before you are. Rather, the Kingdom is within you and it is outside of you."
Thanks Tina, its great to read that. But the site didnt work. I got a small picture in the corner of the browser of a man. I appreciate it anyway.
BigCutieSasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:25 PM   #64
Tina
Older and wiser now
 
Tina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: location, location.
Posts: 15,215
Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Heh. Whoops!! Try it now.
__________________
"I'm really tired of a fat woman's sexuality being just another fat joke." -- Felicia/Supero

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:34 PM   #65
NFA
Results STILL NOT typical
 
NFA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Near Boston, MA
Posts: 431
NFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging in
Default

Though I'm not part of the community you are trying to poll, I'm pleased that you've already been called out for your self-serving definition of agnostism. Its genuinely an inaccurate definition and your justification only betrays your bias rather than being an actual rebutal of the complaints.
__________________
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
NFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:16 PM   #66
ClickFa
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 26
ClickFa has said some nice things
Default

I have read all the posts in this thread. I don't fit into any of your pigeonholes.

Along with other posters, I especially don't like your definition of agnostic. By your definitions, a person who reads, studys, discusses, and thinks deeply about whether God exists is 'not religeous' and someone who 'believes in ... uh ... God and stuff' is.

BTW... I don't think you're a troll, but you need to grow a thicker skin.

John
ClickFa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:20 PM   #67
James_au
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 55
James_au has said some nice things
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard LePage View Post
Well, dannyz_au, you've caused quite a stir. Welcome to the forum.

Before I begin I'd like to say that I've read every single post on this thread. Compelling reading. But I guess that's what happens when you choose to bring up one of the two topics one is advised not to discuss in polite company.

The poll is useless, man. Mark Twain was right. By placing it in the weight board you assume that it will be answered solely by feeders and feedees. Well, I've never been a feeder and I frequent this board all the time. I go on the BHM board too and I'm not a BHM or a FFA. God help you if you create a poll there. I may take part in feeding in the future, but that's not why I'm on this forum. I'm on this forum because I support the size acceptance movement.

Now, from what I've read, you seem to think that the lifestyle of a feeder or feedee is not compatible with a religious lifestyle. This has lead you to believe that this board will not be frequented by many so-called "religious types". You define a "religious type" as someone who attends chruch at least once a week and abstains from sex before marriage. I think these parameters are pretty superficial, but I can understand why someone would not.

What I want to know, dannyz_au, is do consider youself a feeder? You've already explained what you hoped to learn from your poll; I want to know why you hope to learn it.

*100th post*
A non-practicing one I suppose. I was just curious whether people were or weren't.
James_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:21 PM   #68
James_au
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 55
James_au has said some nice things
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFA View Post
Though I'm not part of the community you are trying to poll, I'm pleased that you've already been called out for your self-serving definition of agnostism. Its genuinely an inaccurate definition and your justification only betrays your bias rather than being an actual rebutal of the complaints.
What is the bias that I have betrayed?
James_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:39 PM   #69
Wagimawr
 
Wagimawr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Posts: 4,674
Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

NFA's saying your use of the definition "You have no opinion on whether there is a higher intelligence or not." for agnosticism tells him that you're anti-agnostic, since that's an inaccurate definition.
__________________
hehe executive member
professional wang.
you said member.
Wagimawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:50 PM   #70
James_au
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 55
James_au has said some nice things
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagimawr View Post
NFA's saying your use of the definition "You have no opinion on whether there is a higher intelligence or not." for agnosticism tells him that you're anti-agnostic, since that's an inaccurate definition.
Well I'm not. Many of the smartest people I know are agnostics, they just don't believe there is enough evidence to form an opinion. I think that is very sensible. So If he thinks I am anti-agnostic obviously I have not betrayed any such bias.
James_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:13 AM   #71
Leonard
Large Marge sent me.
 
Leonard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Harlem
Posts: 497
Leonard is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeonard is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeonard is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeonard is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeonard is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeonard is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeonard is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeonard is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeonard is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeonard is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeonard is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz_au View Post
Many of the smartest people I know are agnostics, they just don't believe there is enough evidence to form an opinion. I think that is very sensible.
Your phrasing did not seem to suggest this at all. Next time, be more careful when handling such volatile subject matter.

Danny, it would seem this thread has been reduced to you defending yourself against the rest of the forum. The thread doesn't seem to be serving it's intended purpose, and I suggest we give it a rest.

Agreed?
Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:18 AM   #72
NFA
Results STILL NOT typical
 
NFA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Near Boston, MA
Posts: 431
NFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging inNFA makes people happy simply by logging in
Default

Telling me I don't have an opinion because of the opinion I have formed is just telling me that you don't respect my opinion. Agnostism isn't the Switzerland of the religious world. It is an opinion in its own right, and telling me I don't have an opinion just displays the bias you hold against my conclusions on matters of faith. Instead of respecting the thought and consideration I put into my beliefs, you dimiss me as an "undecided". Its fundamentally inaccurate and it shows that you really don't understand agnostism and clearly don't care to given the self-important manner you've responded to all of those who've raised these concerns in this thread.
__________________
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
NFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:22 AM   #73
James_au
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 55
James_au has said some nice things
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard LePage View Post
Your phrasing did not seem to suggest this at all. Next time, be more careful when handling such volatile subject matter.

Danny, it would seem this thread has been reduced to you defending yourself against the rest of the forum. The thread doesn't seem to be serving it's intended purpose, and I suggest we give it a rest.

Agreed?
Well it's hard to sometimes to predict how volatile subjects are going to become, but I did clarify it earlier. I was just trying to make a poll that was easy to answer. I assure you I didn't mean to offend anyone and if I could change the wording in the poll I would. If everyone else stops debating so will I.
James_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:30 AM   #74
James_au
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 55
James_au has said some nice things
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFA View Post
Telling me I don't have an opinion because of the opinion I have formed is just telling me that you don't respect my opinion. Agnostism isn't the Switzerland of the religious world. It is an opinion in its own right, and telling me I don't have an opinion just displays the bias you hold against my conclusions on matters of faith. Instead of respecting the thought and consideration I put into my beliefs, you dimiss me as an "undecided". Its fundamentally inaccurate and it shows that you really don't understand agnostism and clearly don't care to given the self-important manner you've responded to all of those who've raised these concerns in this thread.
I have made it very clear that I respect agnostics it makes perfect sense that having an opinion on on thing can prevent you from having an opinion on another, there is nothing negative about that. If you want to continue to tell me how supposedly "biased" I am for what ever reason there is nothing I can do about it, however you have not made it clear how my statements are disrespectful at all and therefore I see your argument as lacking any substance.
James_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:32 AM   #75
isotope
What?
 
isotope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 116
isotope does more than just post hot picsisotope does more than just post hot picsisotope does more than just post hot pics
Default

While this thread rages on, Kenzie's belly awaits in another thread.

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

PS, I'm buddhist.

PPS, Just so i'm semi on topic.

PPPS, Happy Holidays.
isotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Dimensions Magazine. All rights reserved worldwide.