Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

View Poll Results: Religiosity Poll
You deny the existence of a higher intelligence. (Atheist) 26 22.81%
You have no opinion on whether there is a higher intelligence or not. (Agnostic) 16 14.04%
You believe in a higher intelligence but do not attend any place of worship regularly. 46 40.35%
You attend a place of worship on a regular basis and often(ie once at least once a week). 26 22.81%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2006, 10:18 AM   #76
Kilgore Trout
total sycophant

Kilgore Trout can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKilgore Trout can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I can't believe you guys are so offended because you feel you've been slandered by a poll.
Would you feel better if he reissued the poll with the thousands of arbitrary options that you feel are necessary?
In reality, it breaks down like this
Are you theist, agnostic or atheist?
If theist, are you monotheist, polytheist, pantheist, etc
If agnostic, are you (not sure about the different kinds of agnostics)
If atheist are you a "strong" atheist, or a "weak" atheist?
If monotheist, are you Christian, Jewish, Muslim,
If polytheist, are you...
If pantheist are you...

He simply stated the three options at the base of the tree and then asked for a measure of strength on the theist option. Given the multitude of options obviously available, the 4 options he chose were pretty decent and the definitions, although not perfect, were acceptable.

Chances are you would not feel better about it, as the heart of the matter seems to be that "feederism" is immoral when practiced, and immorality is clearly inconsistent with most faiths. "But I don't practice, blah blah blah," I hear the general outcry coming. Well, tolerance of this practice is also inconsistent with many religious doctrines. Being here makes you more than tolerant, it almost makes you complicit, unless you state that you are here for fantasies' sake, and/or you believe that most people are here for fantasies sake. (This is what I believe, personally). Of course, this kind of sexual fantasy would also be no-no in many faiths. But, if you can rationalize it, I don't see why you should be offended.
Kilgore Trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:47 AM   #77
FreneticFangs

FreneticFangs can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFreneticFangs can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm an atheist.
I don't think there's a tie between the fat community and not being religious... other than it takes guts (no pun intended) to be open about either. I remember dating thin guys, denying being bi, and saying I believed in God back in junior high because of peer pressure.
FreneticFangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:13 AM   #78
chubscout
On Timeout

chubscout can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeschubscout can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
Christianity is not the only religion, you know.

ETA: (Neither is born-again Christianity, for that matter. And I KNOW I'm not the only one thinking what I'm thinking.)
I see Blackjack is once again displaying his special brand of welcome for another Dim newcomer. And would that thing you are thinking have the initials HFC?
chubscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:22 AM   #79
chubscout
On Timeout

chubscout can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeschubscout can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I totally agree... Agnosticism is certainly not the absence of an opinion...

Maybe its better described as an absence of faith..? or perhaps being genuinely open-minded...

I would consider myself agnostic, i.e. I dont have a belief but I also dont think that belief (either Atheist belief or Religious belief) is ridiculous, or that I would rule either out if my perspective of the world and faith were to change...
Count me as another agnostic who doesn't agree with the definition given by the OP. However, I do not agree with those who consider his definition as evidence of him having something against agnostics, just a poor choice of words or whatever. I consider myself someone who really wishes I could be a believer but I simply can't because I am also a born skeptic. For the same reason, I am sure I could never be hypnotized. But by all means I have a strong opinion that religion/faith can be a good thing. I certainly believe in the concept of a benevolent God. Unfortunately, organized religion has often been a source of a lot of strife in this world.

As far as the connection between feederism and religion, I think maybe the real question is whether feederism is morally wrong. Because those us of who may not be religious still follow the same moral values as taught by organized religions so we don't even need to bring religion into it. *shrugs*
chubscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 02:25 PM   #80
olly5764

olly5764 can now change their title

Well, i'm Christian, Church of England to be exact!
olly5764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:02 PM   #81
GunnerFA
Big

GunnerFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGunnerFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I am Christian and have been all my life. Like what BC Sasha said, church is enjoyable and I find it makes me feel better everytime I go.

This question could be a whole new thread but I'm wondering what branch of Christianity some of the Christians here belong to.

I'm Greek Orthodox.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:05 AM   #82
Still a Skye fan
Normalcy is overrated

Still a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging in

I try to live a good life and be decent to others.

Religion is a non-issue with me.

Dennis
Still a Skye fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:30 PM   #83
Laina
Passionately Apathetic

Laina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticed

1. Higher intelligence? Like, am I gonna drink the Kool Aid? (I can't be the only one who read this and thought "aliens"!)
2. What if one is religious but one's religion does not have a "place" of worship--Wiccans who practice solitary, those whose circles practice at a different location every month, etc? Do they not count?
3. I can't post here because I'm not a feeder, and this is Serious Business.
4. This post brought to you by my disinterest in writing my paper on marketing conservation. Thank you, and good night.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:28 AM   #84
lemmink
THE PUMMEL IS COMING

lemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going on

I'm religious, but by this poll's standards I'm atheist. Rockin'.

Didn't someone put up a link somewhere that mentioned that religious people were generally heavier because churches put on a really good spread at all their functions?
lemmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:45 AM   #85
Laina
Passionately Apathetic

Laina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmink View Post
I'm religious, but by this poll's standards I'm atheist. Rockin'.

Didn't someone put up a link somewhere that mentioned that religious people were generally heavier because churches put on a really good spread at all their functions?
Yeah, but I think it varied from church to church.

If we're both atheists, can we run off together and raise heathen mud worshipping babies?