Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 12-24-2006, 10:26 PM   #1
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Presents! Did you get food oriented holiday gifts?

I did! I got an assortment of reallllly pretty plates to use when I take pics of my cooking! I was getting tired of seeing my same old plates. It was a great gift!!

I also got a gingerbread cookie mix and a gingerbread house decorating kit - but since I am not making a gingerbread house I will be forced to just eat the candy. Awww

And I got some See's Victoria Toffee

And Christmas Cookie Cutters.

And a gorgeous hand turned wood salad bowl set, but it's going back...and I'll probably get these canisters instead.

I bet I have more to report tomorrow.

How about you?
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:45 PM   #2
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yep, today we've received fudge, brownies, plates and plates of cookies, rice krispy treats, and my (now) favorite neighbor brought tamales.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:57 PM   #3
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Two Fruit/goodie baskets......

both included pears and more pears, that of course all ripened at the same time.

And My favorite thing of all- the snow man spatula, it came with pumpkin spice pancake mix.

Snow Man Spatula
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:35 AM   #4
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

We got lots of food-oriented gifts:

An assortment of chocolate-covered candy apples and peppermint bark from my BIL and his wife. Oddly, these were ordered from the QVC channel. But they're supposed to be handmade and they're not too bad, not too bad at all. The peppermint bark is not very good, though.

A huge ceramic platter, cherry red with "Cookies" inscribed in white. Very useful for the Christmas cookies. From my sister.

A box of green tea bags from our Chinese neighbor, whom Bio helps with his garden. They're always bringing us Chinese food-oriented gifts, which is neat because we get to try things that we wouldn't normally have bought.

A festive Christmas pail filled with homemade cookies from another neighbor.

A coffee mug filled with chocolate-covered pretzels from another neighbor.

I love food gifts; they're always useful!
Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:46 AM   #5
mejix
meh

mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

at the office gift exchange: 3 bags of peet's coffee. only prob was that i didnt have a coffee grinder or a coffe maker. i was going to regift it but they smelled soooooo good. so for christmas i gots me self a grinder and maker.

hard to believe i didnt have them but remember this is the same person that learned how to write a check last august.

mejix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:51 AM   #6
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ryan's parents gave us a number of wine bottles yesterday.

His dad gave us a late of chocolate dipped berries and cookies.

My brother sent Godiva. (My brother rules.)
Old 12-25-2006, 11:33 AM   #7
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I got to my office one day a couple of weeks ago and a vendor had left a 3ft tall gift basket filled with goodies: 2lbs of assorted bourbon chocolate candy, derby mints, mixed nuts and a 1lb tin of white chocolate covered pretzels. It was all so good, but I had to give a lot of it away because there was no way to get through all of that by myself.

This morning, from my boyfriend, I go a set of 4 Pyrex lidded mixing bowls and a Mr. Bento lunch box. I had put both of them on my wishlist at Amazon and was so happy to find them under the tree. I really wanted the Mr. Bento. I could not get myself to spend the $40 bucks for one, but have had a little crush on it for a while. It will make life easier taking a healthy lunch and snack to work now. I am especially aware of that because I am giving up sugar cold turkey after the first of the year and will need lots of fruit and vegetables for snacks.

Here is a link: http://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-Mr.-Bento/dp/B000246GSE
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 09:29 PM   #8
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Okay, I got a 6 pack of Reeses Big Cups, a new can opener (it better work!!! *Shakes fist at sky*), a tin of popcorn (mmmmm, holiday corn), and although those are all very nice... it was all trumped by THIS - from my Amazon wishlist, some crazy chick sent it to me - a Dean and DeLuca coconut cake - OHMIGOD, IT'S SO GOOD!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010499.jpg (67.9 KB, 334 views)
Old 12-25-2006, 09:31 PM   #9
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

And here is the slice - and I'm going back for another in a minute. DAYUM that's a good cake (it had better be at what it's going to average out to per piece!!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010500.jpg (72.9 KB, 332 views)
Old 12-26-2006, 05:06 AM   #10
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

Holy crap! I feel ripped off! lol I got nothing food related...well I got a very nice spice rack...that is the closest! I'm writing Santa an email..."hey buddy, where the heck is my gift basket with chocolate and cookies and all the other goodies" lmao!
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 09:32 AM   #11
Cat
Gone baby gone

Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I did!
I received a huge roasting pan, a large collection of Penzey's spices, rice cooker (doesn't a pot on the stove do this just fine? am I missing something?) and several cookbooks.

Oh, we also received plates of goodies (cookies and candies) and a bag of hot scones from neighbors. These are not the scones you're picturing. These are Utah "scones" -- large rounds of deep fried sweet bread dough usually served with honey butter.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:57 AM   #12
This1Yankee
Shooby frickin' doo...

This1Yankee is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThis1Yankee is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThis1Yankee is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThis1Yankee is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThis1Yankee is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThis1Yankee is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThis1Yankee is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThis1Yankee is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThis1Yankee is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThis1Yankee is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThis1Yankee is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I got an enormous crock pot with meat probe for roasting whole chunks of meat. Interesting. I think I will use it...maybe. I got a cookbook to go with it too, as some of the stuff does look pretty tasty.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:04 AM   #13
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

I got a toaster oven and a set of cast iron skillets.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:34 AM   #14
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Lessee.... I got:

-a ceramic jar of some sort of muffin mix [from my BIL's brother's family who always spend Christmas afternoon with us].

-a Daily Bread bread plate from my holy roller brother's family... but bread cannot be put on to the plate directly. <shrugs>

-a box of chocolate covered caramels [my favorites] from my sister.

-a box from Boston Coffee cake with cinnamon coffee cake, 2 kinds of jelly, syrup, and coffee from my brother and sister in NH.

-Hallmark ornaments [see below] from my BIL's parents who always get me ornaments.

Old 12-26-2006, 10:56 AM   #15
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejix View Post
at the office gift exchange: 3 bags of peet's coffee. only prob was that i didnt have a coffee grinder or a coffe maker. i was going to regift it but they smelled soooooo good. so for christmas i gots me self a grinder and maker.

hard to believe i didnt have them but remember this is the same person that learned how to write a check last august.

Bully for you!!

Fresh ground coffee in the morning is the tits!
Especially if it's great coffee like Peet's!

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
sweetnnekked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 12:30 PM   #16
Kimberleigh
gardening, mostly.

Kimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions community

We got a bottle of Dalwhinney (18-year old Scotch), does that count? LOL

It is mighty,mighty,mighty fine stuff.
Kimberleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 02:09 PM   #17
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

we got a huge box of chocloate walnut fudge and our neighbor said he's going to make us some tamales, beans and rice (he was really excited when we brought home made cookies over)
Old 12-26-2006, 03:20 PM   #18
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default two simple words

Toaster Radio

I'll post pics when I stop giggling and can take one that is not blurry....
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 04:34 PM   #19
JeanC
Fat chick with a gun

JeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this board

My mom gave us a gift certificate to our favorite new upscale restaurant here in town, the Sangria Grill, where we can get such yummies as hot spinach dip:

Creamy gorgonzola fettucine:

And a nice philly style sandwich with sweet potato fries:

We also got a couple Jack cards for Jack in the box.
JeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 05:39 PM   #20
ChickletsBBW
Mostly a Voyeur :)

ChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this board

i got an assortment of cashews (my fav nut) a couple of bags of mint M&M's, peppermint fudge from a friend and my best friend took me out for a delicious Reuben sandwich lunch (*drooling cuz it was delish).
Old 12-26-2006, 08:49 PM   #21
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yesterday I got tons of candy, cookies, candy-coated pretzels, you name it. My stocking was FILLED!

There was no room for the little non-food stocking stuffers!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 09:20 PM   #22
Gordo Mejor

Gordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Hot Dates in the Coachella Valley

I got a large tin of Barhi dates from my ex. They are the softest and sweetest of all dates.

I also got 3 jars of Trader Joe's Mayonnaise.

Last edited by Gordo Mejor; 12-26-2006 at 09:24 PM.
Gordo Mejor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:31 PM   #23
ripley

ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I got truffles, other chocolates, double devon cream, and key lime curd. I gave my sister truffles, and some Ghiradelli dark chocolate raspberry filled things she likes, and a Henckels santoku knife she'd been lusting over. Oh, and I sent a dear friend some truffles in her gift box, too.

ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 07:28 AM   #24
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I received a tin of popcorn, chocolate covered pretzlesstrore bought, which I gave to my pops. The ones that my co-worker made her self I kept as my own, they were SOOOO good. I also received some godiva chocolates. Oh yes and a little bag full of chocolates that I gave to my sisters children.

I think that is about it really.
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 01:04 PM   #25
Jay West Coast
Witness to the Thickness

Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!

I second the joy of dates. As we speak I am sitting in front of a giant box of dates stuffed with various nuts, fruits, and sweets. Fantastisch!