Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 12-27-2006, 02:38 PM   #26
Smushygirl
Filthy Fat Slut

Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

I have a friend who is a pastry chef. She make frozen rolls of cookie dough to sell for the holdays. I got six rolls of my favorite flavors, Cinnamon Cranapple amd Milk chocolate Heath Bar. Makes the best cookies ever, and if you take them to a party, you can pass them off as your own!
Old 12-27-2006, 04:53 PM   #27
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushygirl View Post
I have a friend who is a pastry chef. She make frozen rolls of cookie dough to sell for the holdays. I got six rolls of my favorite flavors, Cinnamon Cranapple amd Milk chocolate Heath Bar. Makes the best cookies ever, and if you take them to a party, you can pass them off as your own!
I still haven't done my holiday baking - those are sounding mighty good to me right now!

I swear, I am the laziest girl on earth.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 07:02 PM   #28
Smushygirl
Filthy Fat Slut

Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
I still haven't done my holiday baking - those are sounding mighty good to me right now!

I swear, I am the laziest girl on earth.
I can make a delivery on the Turnpike!
Old 12-27-2006, 08:44 PM   #29
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushygirl View Post
I can make a delivery on the Turnpike!
*grin* don't tempt me!

I must do the baking - I have all the ingredients!!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 12-28-2006, 05:32 AM   #30
Michelle
Member Schmember

Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!

The Friday before Christmas, the UPS guy came to my door. Totally unexpectedly I was sent a box of Omaha Steak goodies which included two top sirloin steaks, two filet mignons, four ground beef patties, two crab and shrimp stuffed soles, six twice baked potatoes and a chocolate lover's cake. What a cool surprise. Though I'm not much of a beef eater anymore, I tried one of the steaks and it was delicious, so I'll be eating more beef in the coming months.

Randi - why are you taking the salad bowl set back? Already have one? My mom used to have one of those and it was "seasoned" and smelled so wonderful.

JeanC, that soup looks delicious (so does the pasta).
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:24 AM   #31
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Michelle, that meat sounds so good. Want me to uncover the 14" of snow over my grill and you can bring it over?

I did get some bourbon balls that a bunch of my nurse friends got together and made. Oh. My. God. So rich, so good, and I was so shitfaced after eating just one of them.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:35 AM   #32
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

OMG I cannot read this thread anymore!!! Or maybe I'll go lick one of my spice jars and pretend it's lindor milk chocolate balls lmao!!
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:16 PM   #33
runningman

runningman is a member of the 500 clubrunningman is a member of the 500 clubrunningman is a member of the 500 clubrunningman is a member of the 500 clubrunningman is a member of the 500 clubrunningman is a member of the 500 club

I got a chocolate reindeer and a Mars selection box.

The chocolate reindeer was from 'Thorntons' a popular confectioner in the UK. I had a bit of a chocolate attack last night and ate 2/3 of the reindeer in one. It was good. What's left will not make it through today!
runningman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 02:49 PM   #34
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Technically, this isn't a "holiday" gift, since he likely would have brought it back to us regardless, but...our boss returned from a trip to London/Paris today and brought us (saucywench and I) each a bag with Toblerone, Ceylon tea, and Cadbury Digestives cookies inside. I've said it before, but I'll say it again...I love my boss!

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:50 PM   #35
saucywench

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyJoy View Post
Technically, this isn't a "holiday" gift, since he likely would have brought it back to us regardless, but...our boss returned from a trip to London/Paris today and brought us (saucywench and I) each a bag with Toblerone, Ceylon tea, and Cadbury Digestives cookies inside. I've said it before, but I'll say it again...I love my boss!
May I add that the Toblerone was not one dinky little bar but rather this big honkin' tube with six smaller tubes inside. Honkin'!
Old 12-28-2006, 03:58 PM   #36
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
...Randi - why are you taking the salad bowl set back? Already have one? My mom used to have one of those and it was "seasoned" and smelled so wonderful.
Michelle, I already have so many serving pieces, etc, and I never entertain. When I was younger I loved collecting this kind of stuff, but then I stuck most of it away and I really never use it

At least the canisters would be out, and seen daily. You know?

Been meaning to tell you - I love your festive avatar! So pretty!
Old 12-29-2006, 06:49 AM   #37
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My boyfriend and I received something similar to Michelle. His mother sent us some Omaha Steak sampler pack. Included was "gourmet" hot dogs, hamburgers, 4 sirloin steaks (way too lean for my taste, a bit too similar to london broil), stuffed fish, double stuffed potatos with bacon & cheddar, pork chops and chicken. We still haven't the meat fest.

And a small box of godiva. My favorite: the seashell with the hazelnut filling.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:45 PM   #38
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I received many food related gifts this year. A gas grill along with the outdoor utensil set (so if Michelle wants to bring her Omaha meats over I am ready), a box of Godiva chocolates, several bags of lindt chocolates, Barefoot Contessa at Home cookbook and a beautiful set of dishes and silverware. I love the dishes because they are fancy enough for guests but not all the trouble of pulling the china out.

Brenda
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:09 AM   #39
Angel
no apologies for being me

Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!

The last of the gifts (I think!) were exchanged earlier tonight.

Here are the food related gifts I have received:

a beautiful holiday floral centerpiece for the table
a tea caddy with assorted flavored teas
a coffee maker
a huge mixing bowl
a food chopper
3 cook books
double jaw lobster crackers (I did ask Santa for this gift.)

2 large fruit baskets (enough fruit to almost fill 2 vegetable bins in the 'fridge!)
chocolate and white chocolate covered pretzel rods
Pizzelles (yummy!)
Andes mints
Truffles
Yogurt Flipz (I love yogurt covered pretzels!)
lemon drops
2.5 lb Planters Deluxe mixed nuts (mmmm cashews!)
3 lbs mini Baklava (absolutely heavenly!)
a beautiful red and green twisted cane gourmet gift basket filled with honey peanuts, mountain mix, cookie bark, peppermint cups (my favorite: white chocolate with mint flakes), chocolate walnut fudge, red and green jelly bells, assorted hard candies, and peppermint candies

very generous gift certificates to:
Ponderosa
a new local Mexican Restaurant
my favorite Chinese Buffet

and cash for lots of pizza!

Santa was good to me this year.

I've probably gained at least 10 pounds since Christmas!

Last edited by Angel; 12-30-2006 at 12:11 AM.
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:34 AM   #40
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripley View Post
I got truffles, other chocolates, double devon cream, and key lime curd.
oh wow, all killer stuff!
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 01:12 PM   #41
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Last night, hubby and I went to the mall. Williams-Sonoma was having a 1/2-off sale on linens, so I bought our dining table a new tablecloth for Christmas. Does this count?
Old 12-30-2006, 05:00 PM   #42
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

One of these days I want Omaha Steaks! (The other thread made me think of this)
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #43
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
Okay, I got a 6 pack of Reeses Big Cups, a new can opener (it better work!!! *Shakes fist at sky*), a tin of popcorn (mmmmm, holiday corn), and although those are all very nice... it was all trumped by THIS - from my Amazon wishlist, some crazy chick sent it to me - a Dean and DeLuca coconut cake - OHMIGOD, IT'S SO GOOD!!!!!
I'll need to be getting myself an amazon wishlist, some crazy chick, and a coconut cake...
How did you ever pull that off?
out.of.habit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 12:30 AM   #44
Angel
no apologies for being me

Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!

OH

MY

GOSH!!

I should NOT have unwrapped the gifts I unexpectedly received earlier tonight.

Excellent home made melt-in-your-mouth peanut butter fudge; dark chocolate fudge; and chocolate walnut fudge. It is sooooooo sweet. I could only eat two pieces!

and

I evidently saved the best for last!

http://www.sees.com/Prod.cfm?CatGroup=00050034

Mmmmmm! I want to sample each piece. Mmmmmmm!

If there were ever a food I would want to be hand fed in the future, I found it!! It very well could be simply orgasmic! OH MY!!!

Old 12-31-2006, 06:43 AM   #45
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Burr grinder, I am absolutely in love, easy to use, easy to clean. It is first thing in the morning, stumbling around in the kitchen half asleep proof.

EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:55 AM   #46
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
OH

MY

GOSH!!

I should NOT have unwrapped the gifts I unexpectedly received earlier tonight.

Excellent home made melt-in-your-mouth peanut butter fudge; dark chocolate fudge; and chocolate walnut fudge. It is sooooooo sweet. I could only eat two pieces!

and

I evidently saved the best for last!

http://www.sees.com/Prod.cfm?CatGroup=00050034

Mmmmmm! I want to sample each piece. Mmmmmmm!

If there were ever a food I would want to be hand fed in the future, I found it!! It very well could be simply orgasmic! OH MY!!!

I'm jealous Angel -- I haven't had any See's Chocolates this year They are fabulous! Enjoy
ValentineBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 12:43 PM   #47
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default food themed gifts...

I asked for a salad spinner and received this kitchenaid salad spinner.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...n-20/ref=nosim

It works nice!

And I got a toaster http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach...&s=home-garden
I really like this one, it lets me toast bagels and hamburger buns on one side only. I am used to the cheapo drug store $10 toasters so this toaster is deluxe to me
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:30 PM   #48
BigCutieCindy
Simply Flabulous

BigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized rep

I got the cutest gummy meal in my stocking!! I was actually able not to eat it (unlike the rest of my food stuff) until I took a pic.

It's so damn cute!

The cheeseburger is made of gummy and marshmellow, the fries are pure gummy, the drink is, well, I don't know what it is, but it's in liquid form and the little packet of pink stuff is supposed to be ketchup. I have since taking this picture polished off the burger and it was yummy!

I also got Lindt white chocolate truffles, which were not long for this world, a small box of Godiva and some yogurt covered raisins.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gummy1.JPG (45.8 KB, 64 views)
BigCutieCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:36 PM   #49
Tooz
sweet chocolate christ

Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!

The gummy meal is adorable. I got some maple sugar candy from Canada. I love living so close to the country line...and all the duty-free shops and tourist dives have loads of the stuff. So delicious.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:57 AM   #50
SummerG
summer.bigcuties.com

SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I had a whole basket filled with peanut butter cups, hershey's minis, and kisses... but on top of that i got a belgian waffle maker....

and a box of guylain sea shells... i actually just opened and ate the whole box today... omg... sooo good

Spoil Me! http://amzn.com/w/2KHXXPNUCN9EC
SummerG is offline   Reply With Quote