Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 09-05-2007, 05:57 PM   #51
krystalltuerme
Car Repair & Smartassery

krystalltuerme does more than just post hot picskrystalltuerme does more than just post hot picskrystalltuerme does more than just post hot pics

Well, that's why you bought a dozen, isn't it? Glad to hear your progress! You've got a wonderful attitude.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of sorrow - it empties today of strength."
—Corrie Ten Boom
krystalltuerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:36 PM   #52
AppreSheAte

AppreSheAte can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAppreSheAte can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default enjoyed reading posts

Go Mystic Rain! Really enjoyed reading your posts, and of course your pics too. Just something about a growing girl that is nice to see and imagine. Love gals with good appetites too! Can't help it, just makes me feel good. Hope you are happy with the results. Wish I could see more.

Bull Dog or GT fan?

Go Dawgs here - UGA!
AppreSheAte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:09 PM   #53
Mystic Rain
Leonardo Forever

Mystic Rain can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMystic Rain can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMystic Rain can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppreSheAte View Post
Go Mystic Rain! Really enjoyed reading your posts, and of course your pics too. Just something about a growing girl that is nice to see and imagine. Love gals with good appetites too! Can't help it, just makes me feel good. Hope you are happy with the results. Wish I could see more.

Bull Dog or GT fan?

Go Dawgs here - UGA!
Thanks.

And a fan of neither. I don't like football, or most sports.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:03 AM   #54
Mystic Rain
Leonardo Forever

Mystic Rain can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMystic Rain can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMystic Rain can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Another month gone, and an additional 10.5 lbs. I am now 248.5.

Wish I could say it was without consequence, but in recent weeks, I've developed symptoms of carpal tunnel in both hands. I'm not sure if it was already an underlying problem and gaining all that weight aggravated it, or it developed as a direct cause of the gain.

At any point, I have weakness in my wrists and hands, tingling and numbness sensations in my thumb and first three fingers at any given time. Holding objects for too long, especially if they're made of metal, produce the same results, and my whole hand becomes tingling and numb then. I'm wearing splints at night, but while they help some, it's just not as much as I'd like. And wearing them during the day at work is impossible with the kind of work I do.

Pain is inconsistant, and tends to come and go. So usually I don't have to take an aspirin for it or anything. It really hinders my performance, and I value my hands; I do everything with them. Which is why I'm so disheartened by this development.

I don't know what else to do except to continue what I've been doing and maybe find supports that I can wear at work.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:11 AM   #55
flake113

flake113 has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Rain View Post

Wish I could say it was without consequence, but in recent weeks, I've developed symptoms of carpal tunnel in both hands. I'm not sure if it was already an underlying problem and gaining all that weight aggravated it, or it developed as a direct cause of the gain.

At any point, I have weakness in my wrists and hands, tingling and numbness sensations in my thumb and first three fingers at any given time. Holding objects for too long, especially if they're made of metal, produce the same results, and my whole hand becomes tingling and numb then. I'm wearing splints at night, but while they help some, it's just not as much as I'd like. And wearing them during the day at work is impossible with the kind of work I do.

Pain is inconsistant, and tends to come and go. So usually I don't have to take an aspirin for it or anything. It really hinders my performance, and I value my hands; I do everything with them. Which is why I'm so disheartened by this development.

I don't know what else to do except to continue what I've been doing and maybe find supports that I can wear at work.

Start taking vitamin B-6 daily. I don't know if this will work for you but I have heard wonders from other folks. You'll start to notice a big difference after about a week. You will need to keep taking it daily if it is working for you. Good luck!
flake113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:08 PM   #56
taetaegrrl

taetaegrrl has said some nice things
Default carpal tunnel

Are you, perhaps, sitting differently at the computer keyboard than you used to? I've never heard of carpal tunnel having any direct relation to weight gain (or loss) ... but posture makes the biggest difference.

Quote:

taetaegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:33 PM   #57
palndrm

palndrm can now change their title

I doubt CTS is related to your weight or gain, unless you have repetitive hand to mouth self feeding syndrome. Otherwise its from all the computer work and typing you do Im sure. I have the same issue.
palndrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:40 PM   #58
Mystic Rain
Leonardo Forever

Well, that's what I was told, and also I looked up the risk factors, and it listed overweight being one of them. However, I don't think that's really true myself. I think it more that at work I'm doing so much with my hands in repetitive motions, and I've been doing that kind of work for almost six years.

Then I'm on the computer for five-six hours after work at home. Which doesn't really help much, but I do take frequent breaks. I've been trying to argue against a co-worker and friend, whom was the one that told me, that it's from gaining so much weight versus the constant strain on my wrists from all I do at work, where lifting 35-40lb stock is part of it. She thinks it's directly related to my weight, but I don't think so, which is why I said I wasn't sure in my above post.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:44 PM   #59
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You might want to post in the Health Forum, and see what the folks there have to say.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:44 PM   #60
Mystic Rain
Leonardo Forever

Sounds good. I'll do that.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:50 AM   #61
Fuzzy Necromancer

Fuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging in

Bleah. I can't imagine how gaining weight could cause a problem with your wrist musculature. It seems like being fat is blamed for everything from alshiemers to high taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
all we ask is that those without fetishes respect the notion that the vast majority of fetish-havers know how to reconcile their kink with the dangers of reality just as you would assume your next door neighbor is not a pedophile.
Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine.
Fuzzy Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 10:21 AM   #62
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Being fat can cause sore throats, pregnancy, pink eye, erectile dysfunction, the black plague, rickets, terminal dandruff, hiccups, botched facial peels, chronic dry eye, bed wetting, night blindness, tennis elbow, club foot, driving and eating with amnesia for the event, and/or priapism.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:18 PM   #63
Fuzzy Necromancer

Fuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging in

Don't forget projectile ovulation and fetal werewolfism =o

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
all we ask is that those without fetishes respect the notion that the vast majority of fetish-havers know how to reconcile their kink with the dangers of reality just as you would assume your next door neighbor is not a pedophile.
Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine.
Fuzzy Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 12:43 PM   #64
indy500tchr
I am here!

indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

no wonder i keep getting those darn hangnails...it's because I'M FAT!!!!

"Growing Old Is Mandatory. Growing Up Is Optional"

"BBWs aren't exactly built for speed. There's something luxurious about it." ~bdog
indy500tchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 11:11 PM   #65
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

How could I forget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Necromancer View Post
Old 10-14-2007, 11:35 PM   #66
BlondeAmbition
Your Ex-lover Is Dead

BlondeAmbition can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBlondeAmbition can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBlondeAmbition can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Necromancer View Post
Ahahahahhahaaaaa!
I'll send you the news
From a house down the road from real love..
BlondeAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:40 PM   #67
Mystic Rain
Leonardo Forever

Here's a little update for you; two new pictures.

Attachment 29198

Attachment 29199

Last edited by Mystic Rain; 05-05-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Mystic Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:10 AM   #68
Biglover
Medieval music singer

Biglover can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBiglover can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Looking great M.R. I love how tight your jeans are getting! Keep up the good work. Thanks so much.
Biglover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:56 PM   #69
Aireman
Forever 2 Wheels!

Aireman can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAireman can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAireman can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Nice!

Great work there MR! Nice belly growth there!
You may have gotten an answer about the Carple tunnel already but, I had a numbness in my outside fingers due to a shoulder injury. Have you lifted anything and put it on your shoulders to carry it?

Skinny chicks are for beginners!
Aireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:37 AM   #70
qwertyman173
Andy from UK

qwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this board

Nice belly Mystic Rain! Make sure that you keep it full of snacks and treats so that it does not get hungry!
qwertyman173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:18 PM   #71
Mystic Rain
Leonardo Forever

A little update. I'm now closing in on 260lbs at 256lbs. An 8.5lb gain in over a month. Thanksgiving I'm sure will fill in that four pound gap nicely.

My appetite is huge, and even after a whole frozen pizza, a pack of toasted peanut butter crackers, and a giant Starcrunch cookie for dinner, it feels like I've not eaten at all. I'm still very hungry.

Last edited by Mystic Rain; 11-20-2007 at 06:23 PM.
Mystic Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:39 PM   #72
Sweet_Serenade
Foodaholic

Sweet_Serenade does more than just post hot picsSweet_Serenade does more than just post hot picsSweet_Serenade does more than just post hot pics

Loved hearing your story!
I think it's great that you stopped the crazy counting.
I remember when I tried doing that for a little while, I look back now and it practically seemed mentally ill of me. I was just never happy keeping track of all of that and limiting myself, hitting my "limit" for the day early then just starving the rest. It was awful.
Now I'm happy to just not care about that stuff anymore.
Just eating whatever you like, guilt free, is so heavenly.

I can also level with that appetite dealio. I'm not even that big, but I don't know, in the last month or so my appetite practically doubled. It seems that way to me anyway. It's odd eating dinner and being hungry like a half hour later.
I hope I don't have worms or something. haha
Sweet_Serenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:59 PM   #73
toddjohnson

toddjohnson can now change their title

Quote:
A little update. I'm now closing in on 260lbs at 256lbs. An 8.5lb gain in over a month. Thanksgiving I'm sure will fill in that four pound gap nicely.

My appetite is huge, and even after a whole frozen pizza, a pack of toasted peanut butter crackers, and a giant Starcrunch cookie for dinner, it feels like I've not eaten at all. I'm still very hungry.
we're proud of you... at least I am... a cheese stick to that
Old 01-11-2008, 11:58 PM   #74
Mystic Rain
Leonardo Forever

Not much of an update to report. I reached 260 at the end of November/early December, and I think now I have bottomed out, so to speak. Nothing more is being added even though I haven't changed anything. So I guess 260ish is my max/ideal weight then.

That's okay, though. If I stay this way, it's fine by me because I don't want to be too much heavier.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:05 AM   #75
franchescassbbw
On Timeout

franchescassbbw can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNowhereMan View Post
well i have a question for you all
My gf doesn't mind being in the 300- 350 range as she is now, but worries what her doctors will say. (she has frequent visits from epilepsy) Especially a certain "special" doctor who a man will never have to visit. I jsut don't know what to tell her. I say that if it bothers her I will help her diet and all that, but that only makes her worry that she won't be sexy for me anymore I try assuring her that she will be sexy to me forever because i am madly inlove with her but she doesn't belive me even though i am speaking a pure truth.
Help me please T-T
She needs to find another doctor that won't criticize her weight.
franchescassbbw is offline   Reply With Quote