Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 01-02-2007, 03:39 PM   #1
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default 'illicit' (hidden) eating?

Does anyone else here have a hard time resisting ‘illicit’ (aka hidden or sneaky) eating? You know, when someone leaves pastries at the coffee station and each time you go by you have one, never being seen to pig out on them, but eating more than your share? Or while cleaning up after a big meal sneaking in a few more big bites of your favorites? Or maybe on the way to work grabbing a totally reasonable seeming coffee and bagel, although you just had a full breakfast?

I just may be addicted to this sort of behavior. It is not even, or not just, a sexual-feedee sort of rush, at least for me it seems to be some very basic thing, probably still channeling my childhood revolt against parental food monitoring or something. All I know for sure is that although I’ve just gained ten pounds unintentionally and have vowed to lose at least some of it, I’ve hit the “happy new year” goodies basket in our lunch room at least half a dozen times today, with the instinct to have a hidden snack totally overwhelming the logical part of my mind that is saying ‘no.’

Of course, in the end it all shows up on my belly, but for me that is half encouragement and half discouragement, so it balances out. Mind you one of my abiding fantasies is to have a sneak eating partner in crime, someone who could appreciate both the thrill and the consequent growth.

Regards;

-Ed
Old 01-02-2007, 04:31 PM   #2
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I did the sneaky eating thing all through my teenage years- and some of my adult years. Then I had "non-apology" spells where I would purposely eat fattening things in front of people in a type of dare for them to say something to me about it.
Now I see how nuts I have driven myself over gd food my whole life and just eat what I want when I want- and to hell with anyone that doesn't like it. It's really not worth all the deep introspection in the end, to me.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:21 PM   #3
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

edx - I love this topic.

I am tempted to suggest that we move it to the Foodee Board. Oh, I guess I just did suggest it!

There was a post called Did you sneak food when you were little on that board a while back, but I know this is quite a different topic.

btw, yes, I have done all the things you've mentioned in your post!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:26 PM   #4
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Nope never have.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:22 PM   #5
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I do this, even in my own home. Like I'd never let my roommate see me eat three cookies at a time, but I'll eat tons by getting up when no one's in the kitchen, etc. In fact there's no where I don't do it. Not sure if I think that its sad or funny. Still processing.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:48 PM   #6
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by activistfatgirl View Post
I do this, even in my own home. Like I'd never let my roommate see me eat three cookies at a time, but I'll eat tons by getting up when no one's in the kitchen, etc. In fact there's no where I don't do it. Not sure if I think that its sad or funny. Still processing.
i do the same thing. i don't usually get something to eat unless there's no one home, or i know/think no one's going to see me eating whatever it is. i don't know why i do it, but i do!
Old 01-02-2007, 07:07 PM   #7
savannahga
On Timeout

savannahga has said some nice things

Quote:
Exactly. There's no logical explanation for it, but I do it anyway. Must be some deep issues or something.
savannahga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:05 PM   #8
Observer
Editor/Writer/Commentator

Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

And even though we play this game with others who after time become perfectly aware of it we are willing to confide about our actions here.

Actually, I don't think I actually been hiding anything for years.My belly is bigger than EDX's I'm sure!
Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:25 PM   #9
collegeguy2514
Duke of Deli Meats

collegeguy2514 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokescollegeguy2514 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

i do it too. it started when i was living at my parents house, and decided to get fat. i kept a nice stash of snack cakes to munch on when everybody was asleep.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:51 PM   #10
SchecterFA

SchecterFA can now change their title

I'll do it if I'm really damned hungry.
SchecterFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:56 PM   #11
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Haha! Me too. <3 I vary between being ashamed to eat and making a production out of eating to put Ryan's mind at rest.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:08 PM   #12
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have those "sneaky" fast food to-go meals after I leave work, but before I get home so I won't appear to eat like a pig in front of Mrs. Fuzzy, even though that's exactly what I'm doing.

Or I'll go out on my lunch break and eat lunch, and bring back a to-go sack to the office like I didn't get a chance to eat.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:51 PM   #13
starwater
Redhead Goddess&Newbie

starwater can now change their title

Totally!

The extra bits from the snack basket at work.

Even when I'm not hungry... must be a hand-to-mouth thing.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:20 PM   #14
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

I used to sneak food when I was a child, especially during my teen years. After I got my first set of wheels and a job, I would get bakery goodies and hide them in my room to consume them in secret.

Now that I have a home of my own, there's no need to sneak food. If anything, my husband encourages me to eat more . There is usually candy and other goodies available, and I like to bake stuff too. I usually don't have the appetite for any of them, probably because they are always available!

However, when I'm going out of town to stay for a visit, in a corner of my mind I'm thinking, "What if I get hungry or get a sweet tooth, should I bring something to snack on?" So I guess the vestiges of an urge for illicit eating is still with me.
Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:22 PM   #15
moonvine
Queen of Contempt

moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
Does anyone else here have a hard time resisting ‘illicit’ (aka hidden or sneaky) eating? You know, when someone leaves pastries at the coffee station and each time you go by you have one, never being seen to pig out on them, but eating more than your share? Or while cleaning up after a big meal sneaking in a few more big bites of your favorites? Or maybe on the way to work grabbing a totally reasonable seeming coffee and bagel, although you just had a full breakfast?
No, and honestly if *I* exhibited any of these sorts of behaviors I'd be extremely concerned, as it would be a big red flag for a disordered eating pattern for me, and I worked much too hard to free myself of those.

Not suggesting it is or isn't for anyone else. Just speaking for myself.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:46 PM   #16
Joseph the Weird
Bearer of Radical Views

Joseph the Weird has super-sized repJoseph the Weird has super-sized repJoseph the Weird has super-sized repJoseph the Weird has super-sized rep

For most people, doing something generally considered morally, socially or even logically "forbidden" is automatically attractive and possibly even sexual. Has to do with satisfying your id (Freud wrote a lot about this stuff). It's quite normal, and most kids sneak food to some degree, even if their parents aren't really controlling.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:15 PM   #17
Mack27
AΔΦΆΓΙΑ

Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've seen this woman at work do that, she didn't think anyone noticed. Very erotic! BAM!
Mack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:05 PM   #18
candygodiva
Just like you imagined...

candygodiva makes people happy simply by logging incandygodiva makes people happy simply by logging incandygodiva makes people happy simply by logging incandygodiva makes people happy simply by logging incandygodiva makes people happy simply by logging incandygodiva makes people happy simply by logging incandygodiva makes people happy simply by logging incandygodiva makes people happy simply by logging incandygodiva makes people happy simply by logging in

Oh wow..yeah, I was so bad with it as a kid, sneaking into the kitchen at night and loading up on junk food and leftovers when I was supposed to be on a diet, that my Granddaddy started putting locks on the refrigerator and pantry so I couldn't sneak anymore.

Sad fatty was sad....

I also had a bad habit of stuffing empty wrappers from things that I grabbed when no one was looking, down in the sofa, and under my mattress, or sliding plates and bowls under my bed till I could sneak them back into the kitchen and wash them without being caught. They would be forgotten till my Grandmother would find them while cleaning my room, and scold me for it.

This diet war went on till I was in my early teens, and started sneaking cigarettes and booze instead. I was still fat, and failing miserably at dieting, but I think being in teenage hell, promiscuous, and an alcoholic, was enough to distract me from late night binging.

When I was married to my ex husband, I used to sneak off and have dinner at a favorite restaurant alone, or do the solo fast food runs and eat it all in the parking lot. I was still failing at dieting, and was only cheating myself..bleh..but somehow the food was just so satisfying when I felt like I was being so bad.

I don't drive now..so I couldn't get away with that.

Sometimes I want to sneak and get food delivered. I know me and the boyfriend can't really afford it, and I know he'd see the bank statements and catch me...but the desire is definitely there to do it, and just take the fussing. LOL
Old 10-23-2008, 12:15 PM   #19
QueenB
zoo-music girl

QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!QueenB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

haha oh man. when my roommate isn't around, i make or eat a lot more food. i just feel comfortable when she's not around judging me. like yesterday, for example, i was making a lot of chicken and she came in and looked at the amount that was in the pan with this shocked look on her face. so i said, "oh. heh. i'm making chicken for tonight and tomorrow."

i ended up eating it all in one sitting . like i was planning on. haha.
QueenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:37 PM   #20
pinkylou
Freak on a Leash

pinkylou is a member of the 500 clubpinkylou is a member of the 500 clubpinkylou is a member of the 500 clubpinkylou is a member of the 500 clubpinkylou is a member of the 500 clubpinkylou is a member of the 500 club

I sneaked food as a child, and more recently during my marriage breakup, not sure why I done it, I think it was giving 2 fingers to my ex, but also something I done to make me feel better and because I was lonely
pinkylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:51 AM   #21
AlethaBBW
Fatniss Everdeen

AlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 club

I did it. I've always done it. I still do it. Nothing tastes better than those few forbidden bites stolen on the sly when I'm putting the leftovers away. It's like sin on a fork. I don't know why I do it, no one in my home cares what I eat or how much I eat anymore, but it's a little naughty treat I can't resist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candygodiva View Post
I also had a bad habit of stuffing empty wrappers from things that I grabbed when no one was looking, down in the sofa, and under my mattress, or sliding plates and bowls under my bed till I could sneak them back into the kitchen and wash them without being caught. They would be forgotten till my Grandmother would find them while cleaning my room, and scold me for it.
Oh GAWD yes. I hid my evidence the same way and got caught the same way. At one point during my teens, I made a window seat out of a piano bench and some pillows, and used the inside of the bench - the part where you're supposed to store sheet music - as my evidence stash. Wrappers galore...

Quote:
but somehow the food was just so satisfying when I felt like I was being so bad.
That's it, exactly. It's still that way for me. When I know I'm going to be eating alone, I lovingly plan the meal like a dream date. I don't know why - like I said, my immediate family doesn't care what I eat for the most part.

It's just that good to be bad.
AlethaBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:18 AM   #22
Ichida

Ichida can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesIchida can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesIchida can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Food was never withheld from me so I don't know if I would call it sneaking food insofar as the thrill of doing something wrong. Although I did it as a child anyway LOL.

My favourite thing to do to friends is when sitting across from them at dinner i steal their food - or I swap my empty drink for their full one.

The look on their face when they look down to an empty plate or sip out of an empty glass is sooooooo comical!!!

I do the little bit here and there in public at work buffets and such. I don't want to give the wrong impression I guess, so I'll just keep taking a few things.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:54 AM   #23
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Nothing tastes better than those few forbidden bites stolen on the sly when I'm putting the leftovers away. It's like sin on a fork.
Perfect description of it!

Last edited by Tad; 10-24-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Tad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #24
Ichida

Ichida can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesIchida can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesIchida can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Mmm Sin on a fork...

Sounds like a super yummy desert...like death by chocolate...
Old 10-24-2008, 11:16 AM   #25
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichida View Post
Mmm Sin on a fork...

Sounds like a super yummy desert...like death by chocolate...
I know, I was thinking that too.....but I think the name is more appealing than death by chocolate! Someone totally needs to make this the name of a signature dessert at some place that knows its way around desserts.

But on topic...scraping out one last big spoonful of mashed potatoes from the pot and gobbling it down when nobody is looking.....even if I just declined seconds of mashed potatoes, even if I'm full, is probably more satisfying than the dessert that may come later. There is just an extra kick, somehow.

I try not to do it too much, but I've come to accept that I'll probably always get an extra kick out of eating that is any of concealed, private, or outside of normal eating habits.