Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 10-29-2008, 08:34 PM   #51
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

If a pint of Haagen Dasz choc-chip cookdough goes in my stomach while no one's looking, but I announce it here, is it illicit eating?
Old 10-29-2008, 10:46 PM   #52
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascinita View Post
I've always loved to sneak food. The secrecy makes me feel like an outlaw. And I enjoy that.

There was almost never enough food to go around when I was growing up. It wasn't until I was 18 or so that I knew plenty. Sneaking food was a way of getting enough. I realized then and now that it meant I was cheating, but to be perfectly honest, I didn't care. I felt guilty, but something else drove me to eat anyway.

I got punished many times for eating more than my share.

I still enjoy the idea of eating while nobody's looking, even though I no longer lack for food.

You this kind of a foodee outlaw Fasc?

410px-The_outlaw_josey_wales.jpg
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:53 PM   #53
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascinita View Post
If a pint of Haagen Dasz choc-chip cookdough goes in my stomach while no one's looking, but I announce it here, is it illicit eating?
If you eat a pint in the forest and no one else knows, then it is illicit.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:37 AM   #54
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The way to make it not illicit, even if you're eating in secret and sneakily (let's say eating a pint of ice cream in the forest) is to text someone who disapproves and tell them what you're eating.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:54 AM   #55
furious styles
goodbye halcyon days

furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santaclear View Post
The way to make it not illicit, even if you're eating in secret and sneakily (let's say eating a pint of ice cream in the forest) is to text someone who disapproves and tell them what you're eating.
But how do we know the pint even exists, really? In the far off forrest I cannot see the pint of ice cream. Videre est credere; Is there really a pint? What if it's a quart?

Does it think? Can the pint "be"? Who are we to define the imagined reality of the consumption of said pint as illicit or not? What are the circumstances? And thus we come upon the fabled "Häagen Dazs Conundrum" .. and thus is life.
I wish there was a board called: Let's Just All Be Fucking Honest With Each Other For Five Minutes.
furious styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:52 PM   #56
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susannah View Post
You this kind of a foodee outlaw Fasc?

Attachment 52693
Yes. Yes I am, punk. Make my day and eat this half of a German chocolate cake, Susannah. But do it in secret!

ETA: (I hope that image shows... I'm just seeing a URL? )

Last edited by Fascinita; 10-30-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Fascinita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:45 PM   #57
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Today in Illicit Eating:

Fat-town, FL--Tragedy struck in the privacy of my bedroom, where I was unable to finish a pint of Ben & Jerry's NY Super Fudge Chunk due to lack of appetite.

There were no witnesses to the event, but experts say they remain concerned that this unusual failure to "eat 'til it's all gone" may forecast a trend.

Asked by this reporter why eating takes place in the bedroom, I replied, "Because it's cozier there."
Fascinita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:30 AM   #58
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

OMG that happened to me twice in one week - I was unable to finish a pint or chubby hubby - what is the world coming to.
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:11 AM   #59
fatkid

fatkid has said some nice things

i sneak food all the time but i just go buy it and my parents dont know. ive gained 45 lbs doingit. i ussually go to one shop where the lady knows me and gives me a good deal i ussually eat 600grams of choclate afterschool everyday from this lady. and get maccas regulary!!!
fatkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:53 AM   #60
Santaclear
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdoom View Post
But how do we know the pint even exists, really? In the far off forest I cannot see the pint of ice cream. Videre est credere; Is there really a pint? What if it's a quart?
Does it think? Can the pint "be"? Who are we to define the imagined reality of the consumption of said pint as illicit or not? What are the circumstances? And thus we come upon the fabled "Häagen Dazs Conundrum" .. and thus is life.
Exactly, Cousin Doom. If someone leaves a case (assorted flavors) of Haagen Dasz in the forest, does it really exist? Does it melt and go bad or is it frozen in limbo, waiting for someone (probably a hungry fat girl) to find it and "activate" it?

And also, because it was all in the forest, none of the illicitness ever happened.

*Leaves Philosophy program at the university.*

Last edited by Santaclear; 11-05-2008 at 05:22 AM.
Santaclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:52 AM   #61
bellyjelly

bellyjelly can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdoom View Post
But how do we know the pint even exists, really? In the far off forrest I cannot see the pint of ice cream. Videre est credere; Is there really a pint?
Where I live, the measurement nazis banned pints as a measurement, along with inches. All fluid is measured in litres now.

A pint DOES NOT EXIST in EUROPE!

We can consume as many pints as we like, but only in Europe or if you're european or if you can speak a european language (say, English for example).

It's the law people
bellyjelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:17 PM   #62
pudgy
Dazed

pudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 club

Happened to me as a child; happens now as an adult. My mom was a Nazi when it came to Halloween candy. She would take it all from us and then divy it up as she felt necessacery. This behavior from her, however, only encouraged us to figure out ways to sneak into her room and get the candy back.

When I first discovered my love for fat, I would get up late at night and eat half of a jar of peanut butter. Part of it was the illicitness of it; part of it was sexy.

At work, there's a room that we use that's shared with another department. The second department puts snacks in there for the workers. My department of course doesn't offer snacks. I take theirs. I feel powerful (and not so hungry in the mornings!).

George Bernard Shaw
pudgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:46 PM   #63
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Was out for lunch with a bunch of co-workers today (good-bye lunch for someone who is going elsewhere). I ordered off the lunch menu, which ended up being a bad idea, as it was probably aimed more at being the right size for a woman half my weight. Maybe I’m exaggerating, but it definitely seemed skimpy to me.

It happened that we were at a restaurant next to a small mall, and it happened that I needed anyway to pick up some aspirin, so while I was there I picked up a package of Smarties (kind of like M&Ms, for the Americans in the audience), and downed them on the way back to work. Apparently I haven’t enjoyed Smarties that much in years
Old 11-07-2008, 06:31 AM   #64
jiggles

jiggles can now change their title

this is exactly why I gain weight... I can't help it... its the mindless snacking... and its like if no one sees me do it then it doesn't count...
jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:18 AM   #65
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggles View Post
this is exactly why I gain weight... I can't help it... its the mindless snacking... and its like if no one sees me do it then it doesn't count...
If a snack falls in your mouth in the forest.......

Is there any thrill of the illicit in that snacking for you--"oh, nobody is here, I can have as much of these (whatever) as I want?"--or is it really more mindless, that with nobody around you don't think about it much one way or the other?

I know with me, on the rare occasion that I have the house to myself and good snacks available, it can feel almost compulsive to shovel some down while the circumstances are clear. Not always because I want them, but just sort of a "who knows the next time I can snack without witnesses--must do it while I can!" sort of feeling. Which is probably not entirely sane, but it is a small enough piece of craziness that I'm not too worried about it.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:44 AM   #66
KaliCurves
I'm His Fatty

KaliCurves carries a lot of weight on this boardKaliCurves carries a lot of weight on this boardKaliCurves carries a lot of weight on this boardKaliCurves carries a lot of weight on this boardKaliCurves carries a lot of weight on this boardKaliCurves carries a lot of weight on this board

After reading all these posts I had to sit here and think, I have done all those things!! Every time I go to the kitchen I grab a bit of this or that, even if I'm not hungry. I will go out to eat after eating at home, Or I will eat before coming home so it looks like I'm eating a normal amount of food at dinner just so I don't have to deal with the stares of remarks. I will get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, afterwards I make my way in to the kitchen even if I'm not hungry I will still go in there and look for something to eat, and then eat it and go back to bed. I have been known to make 3-4 trips to the kitchen at night from 10pm-6am. I have ate half a cake this way, leaving everyone wondering what happen to it the next morning.

The eating in the middle of the night started when I was preggy and had to always be trying to eat and keep food down, so would eats bites of this and that around the clock. I guess it has held over since my last baby is now 6!!
KaliCurves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:41 PM   #67
jiggles

jiggles can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
If a snack falls in your mouth in the forest.......

Is there any thrill of the illicit in that snacking for you--"oh, nobody is here, I can have as much of these (whatever) as I want?"--or is it really more mindless, that with nobody around you don't think about it much one way or the other?

I know with me, on the rare occasion that I have the house to myself and good snacks available, it can feel almost compulsive to shovel some down while the circumstances are clear. Not always because I want them, but just sort of a "who knows the next time I can snack without witnesses--must do it while I can!" sort of feeling. Which is probably not entirely sane, but it is a small enough piece of craziness that I'm not too worried about it.
haha... well.. if you ever find a forest of falling snacks please let me know about it.

for me it its definitely a bit of both.. I snack because no one is there so I can have what I want, but it also turns into a mindless charade where I don't think about what I'm eating, its more for the pure enjoyment of having it... until its gone and I then I have to think of an excuse of who ate it...

I'm also with you on the at home compulsive shoveling business... but for me it comes more from not feeling satisfied until its gone.

And on another slightly related note... I'm also notorious for being a 'mucche" (not sure on the spelling) Its like the forbidden fruit or the grass is always greener on the other side... I love other people's goodies and am always the one to ask "can I have one?" "can I try that?"

ahh a trend is starting to become visible...
jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:20 PM   #68
Durin

Durin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized rep

When I was a kid I always enjoyed the day after a big party.

My Parents entertained a lot and I loved snacking on leftovers before anyone else had woken up. I am deffinatly a sneaky eater.

Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:57 AM   #69
Your Plump Princess
Just dancing with shadows

Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillblessed23 View Post
Omg sounds exactly like my childhood Candy exactly!
ZOMG. Sounds like what I STILL Do, to this day, when I'm at my mom's house. [I live with my dad..]

For some reason, Sneaking the food just gives me such a rush. That, or I'll totally space out..

Last time I was there.
I Caught Myself Eating a Whole Thing of Cottage Cheese, Half a Bag of Cheese Puffs, And 3 Huge Sandwiches. In one Sitting.

A Huge Summer Sausage Stick Also Disappeared from their house in less than 24 hours.

I'm so glad I have the money to replace these things, my concious KILLS me otherwise. Money being horribly tight and all.. [NOT THE BEST TIME TO BE SNEAKY-EATING]

As For Sneaking Food and Eating it? I blame my mother for my habits.
She'd send me to bed without dinner, and for some reason I was always afraid I'd starve [even though I was big as a kid, too..] So I'd wait till they went to bed and stole leftovers, or if they didn't leave me any, I'd steal soup cans and a can opener and binge.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:35 AM   #70
flabby_abbi

flabby_abbi has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
Does anyone else here have a hard time resisting ‘illicit’ (aka hidden or sneaky) eating? You know, when someone leaves pastries at the coffee station and each time you go by you have one, never being seen to pig out on them, but eating more than your share? Or while cleaning up after a big meal sneaking in a few more big bites of your favorites? Or maybe on the way to work grabbing a totally reasonable seeming coffee and bagel, although you just had a full breakfast?

I just may be addicted to this sort of behavior. It is not even, or not just, a sexual-feedee sort of rush, at least for me it seems to be some very basic thing, probably still channeling my childhood revolt against parental food monitoring or something. All I know for sure is that although I’ve just gained ten pounds unintentionally and have vowed to lose at least some of it, I’ve hit the “happy new year” goodies basket in our lunch room at least half a dozen times today, with the instinct to have a hidden snack totally overwhelming the logical part of my mind that is saying ‘no.’

Of course, in the end it all shows up on my belly, but for me that is half encouragement and half discouragement, so it balances out. Mind you one of my abiding fantasies is to have a sneak eating partner in crime, someone who could appreciate both the thrill and the consequent growth.

Regards;

-Ed
I empathise with your "sneaky eating", i'm a sneaky eater myself. I can't help it alot of the time, especially if their are free pastries or donuts on offer, and believe me i'm the first there, and the last one!
flabby_abbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:29 PM   #71
GoldenDelicious
It's the naughty step 4U!

GoldenDelicious makes people happy simply by logging inGoldenDelicious makes people happy simply by logging inGoldenDelicious makes people happy simply by logging inGoldenDelicious makes people happy simply by logging inGoldenDelicious makes people happy simply by logging inGoldenDelicious makes people happy simply by logging inGoldenDelicious makes people happy simply by logging inGoldenDelicious makes people happy simply by logging inGoldenDelicious makes people happy simply by logging inGoldenDelicious makes people happy simply by logging in

Does illicit eating include theft??

In the builiding where I work there are a many offices and a former collegue who still works within the building always has fresh coffee and croissants every day for breakfast. One day I popped up to see him and he was not there, the fresh coffee was bubbling away and the large plate of croissants were on the table. My former colleagues jacket was over his chair and his computer was on, his other colleagues jacket was over her chair. I waited a few minutes to see if they would return but then the smell of the warm croissants and coffee was driving me insane and in a moment of madness I grabbed a croissant and scurried back to my desk with my loot. I then thought MMM' some strawberry jam would be nice with this. I then went to the kitchen area, the chef was in the storage cupboard and the radio was on so she didn't hear me. I grabbed two sachets of jam and quickly took the lift back to my office to enjoy my stolen breakfast.

It never tasted soo good, hee hee hee.

The sad thing is my colleague would have given me a croissant and in fact would have offered me one if I'd waited on him coming back AND the chef would have given me the jam if I'd asked her for it. There was NO NEED FOR ME TO STEAL!!! WHY WHY WHY DID I DO THIS?
GoldenDelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:56 PM   #72
fiore

fiore can now change their title

Oh I'm definitely guilty of this one. It must have dug into me really young because even now, when I'm home alone, my first instinct is to eat something, and when there's people around I don't. I don't even realize I'm doing it unless I pay attention.

I got hit with this pretty badly at work last week. Someone brought in a box of doughnuts (some local bakery - not dunkin) and I totally dug into them when everyone else was at lunch! I felt so guilty about it, but they were calling to me! I swear! Ha ha.
fiore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:11 AM   #73
kilchsgray

kilchsgray has said some nice things

This topic really resonates with me, not because I do it, but because my SSBBWife is a 'sneaker'. I'm an FA/feeder, she's a foodee/reluctant feedee. Finding her stashes, candy wrappers buried in the wastebasket, etc is a very nice turn-on for me.
kilchsgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:11 PM   #74
Tad
mostly harmless

I learned something today: do not read this thread just before going where you can buy food.

I read the latest updates as I was having what lunch I’d brought with me today. But we’d been out of fruit at home and I’d run out of time to cut up any vegetables, so it was a rather incomplete lunch, so I went up the street, where in a mall there is a green grocers of sorts. I figured I’d pick up some carrot sticks, or maybe some oranges or grapes if the price was good.

But to get to the green grocers I had to walk through the food court at the mall. It occurred to me “Hey, I could buy a prepared salad, that would be better.” Then I felt that reflexive furtiveness/guilt “what if any co-workers saw me eating here after eating at work?” But then I realized that those who had seen me eating at work would all still be in the lunch room at work, while those eating in the mall would not have seen me eating at work.

Given which, I could ‘get away’ with more than a salad….I ended up having a slab of spanokapita, a greek salad, a mound of rice, and little carrot cake loaf. After which I was somewhat over full, but fully jazzed by the almost double lunch.

Still, I don’t want to make a habit of that sort of thing, so no more reading this thread right before I go off looking for food! It is a bad influence *L*
Old 11-11-2008, 02:30 PM   #75
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Ooooh. Thrilling little escapade, Ed. heehee. Making me giggle.