Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board

Old 01-08-2007, 12:05 AM   #26
HeatherBBW
Nerd-like.

HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I am surprisingly shocked after reading what you said they said in the ad. The kid thing is just stooping to a whole new level - I know I shouldn't be shocked - but dammit.. I am! Good for you, your letter and for them responding!
HeatherBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:43 AM   #27
EtobicokeFA
Proud FA

EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Good job! These diet ads are really pushing their scare tactics!

"Health is not a body weight, it's a measure of fitness."
EtobicokeFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:57 AM   #28
Zandoz
Highly irregular

Location: Turn left at the Pharos, then right at the library...Alexandria KY
Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

When I saw Clear Channel involved, my first reaction was "par for the course". The big Clear Channel station here is pretty relentless with their fat bashing...a very common theme is "______ (fill in the blank) social program should be done away with because of all the fat people are proof it's not needed". Alluding to the idea that if you're fat, why would you go out in public is also not uncommon. Not only with fat, but in general, their tactic is to blatantly flame any one or any group that does not tow their line or fit their ideal. Generally they pride themselves in taking their abuse right to the fine line of being legally actionable.

One point of note....Clear Channel is in the process of being sold...I believe part of the process involves the FCC taking and considering comments from the public on this sale. It may be worth looking into the possibility of adding your thoughts to the public record on their conduct.

Blessed is he who has learned to laugh at himself, for he shall never cease to be entertained. -- John Boswell

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool -- William Shakespeare, As You Like It, Act II, Scene VII

History doesn't repeat itself - at best it sometimes rhymes -- Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Zandoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:21 PM   #29
Buffie
KittyBuffieKat

Location: Kansas City, MO (Most of KC is in Missouri and not Kansas, just FYI.)
Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thank you Heather, Etobicoke and Zandoz. I wrote to Clear Channel again today and put a Read Receipt on the email, which I received as "read" a few hours later. So I know SOMEONE saw it. Whether they'll continue to ignore me is yet to be seen. As for the Every Old Do Nothing Diet people, I found what appears to be a corporate or office address on their website:
Evolutionary Health Products
Suite 373
369 Montezuma Avenue
Santa Fe, NM 87501-2626

Where are the NM peeps? Does anyone know anything about this address? Is it an actually office park location or is it just a drop box somewhere? It may say "Suite" but that could mean almost anything. Thanks for the info!

In the meantime, here's ANOTHER little nugget of interest. (I'm not even looking for this stuff, I swear! It just finds me.)

From the State Net Capitol Journal (this week's edition):

Quote:
SNCJ Spotlight
The next issue of Capitol Journal will be available on January 15th.
Volume XV, No. 1

Will states follow NYC lead in banning trans fats? When the New York City
Board of Health opted last December to ban eateries from serving food
heavy with artificial trans fats, it did more than just shake up the city's
24,000 restaurants.

Within weeks of the Big Apple's big announcement,
lawmakers and public health officials in several states and major cities across the nation began laying out their own new recipes for removing those artery-hardening fats from restaurant kitchens.

The NYC Board of Health's decision to barthe use of trans-fat-laden oils, shortenings and spreads takes effect on July 1 for most foods, and exactly one year later for most baked goods and deep-fried desserts. The new rules also require eateries that currently provide calorie information for their foods to post it on menus so consumers can consider that information when placing an order.

That ruling made New York City the first major U.S. city to prohibit oils heavy in trans fat, although Tiburon, a small CALIFORNIA community near San Francisco, has banned trans fats in restaurant food since 2003.

Although there are no current statewide bans on the use of trans fats, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures, since 2003 more than a dozen states have considered trans fat related measures. Most would have only required restaurants to provide customers with nutrition information for the food they are being served.

New York City officials have also asked food establishments to voluntarily forgo using trans fats since 2005. But according to the State Net database, shortly after the NYC announcement on Dec. 6 making the voluntary ban a mandatory one, MASSACHUSETTS, CONNECTICUT, CALIFORNIA, NEW HAMPSHIRE and NEW JERSEY all introduced bills aimed at enacting their own prohibitions. The WASHINGTON state Board of Health has
also indicated it will consider its own non-legislative, NYC-style trans fat
regulation this year. Bills have also been pre-filed in CALIFORNIA, TEXAS
and FLORIDA that would either regulate or bar public schools from serving or selling foods made with trans fats, and SOUTH CAROLINA has also pre-filed legislation that would force restaurants to notify customers if food is
cooked in or contains trans fats.

All of the proposed new rules would apply only to freshly cooked restaurant meals and not to pre-packaged products like potato chips, cookies and pastries. Trans fat is created when hydrogen is added to the likes of soybean, corn or vegetable oil in order to make it solid, a chemical process called hydrogenation. That process has been around since the early 1900s, but did not gain widespread commercial popularity until the mid 1950s, when it was used to create a wider array of fats that had value in commercial products, such as margarine and other prepackaged foods. Those products soon become staples in the consumer marketplace.

Trans fats also became a mainstay of both the pre-packaged
food industry and restaurants, which use them because they give food a
longer shelf life as well as more taste and a better texture. But by the
1990s, medical studies began to show that while trans fats make French
fries crispier and keep packaged cookies fresh longer, they also clog human
arteries, a major contributor to heart disease.

According to the Harvard School of Public Health, trans fats potentially contribute to as many as 30,000 heart-related deaths a year. That was a major motivator for CONNECTICUT Sen. Andrew Roraback, a Republican who has co-authored legislation to bar the use of trans fats in the Constitution State. In an official statement announcing the bill, Roraback called the annual 30,000 figure "the most conservative estimate" of premature trans fat-related coronary deaths, saying that, "epidemiologic evidence suggests this number is closer to 100,000 premature deaths annually." Roraback and co-author Sen. John McKinney (R) also made it clear that the NYC ruling was the catalyst for their legislation.

McKinney, the Republican Leader Pro Tempore, noted that "by forcing some of the world's largest food chains and restaurateurs to use healthier alternatives in their food preparation, New York City has paved the way for what I hope will be a national movement to improve the health quality of the food we eat in restaurants. "But while many within the restaurant industry acknowledge that trans fats are not the best choice for healthy eating, they are also concerned that an overly rapid forced migration to other oils will put their bottom line on life support.

In an interview with SNCJ, National Restaurant Association (NRA) spokesperson Sue Hensley called the situation "a significant farm-to-table
issue," saying that a lack of an adequate national supply of alternate oils
will make it almost impossible for NYC eateries to comply with the new
rules. "There is simply not enough time for 24,000 restaurants to be
able to make that switch," she says. Hensley also notes that many major
restaurant chains - including KFC, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Denny's, Olive
Garden, Red Lobster, and tourist-catering resorts like the Loews Hotel
chain and Universal Studios theme parks - have voluntarily opted to remove trans fats from their cooking processes. Even Starbuck's, the world's largest specialty coffee retailer, is getting on board, announcing on January 2 that it will soon be cutting trans fats from the muffins and pastries it sells. But Hensley also contends that those chains "have been working with their suppliers for months, if not for years, on developing an alternative product.

That is a process that takes time. "Restaurants that are not able
to meet a city or state deadline will be forced to either switch to using
saturated fats, which she says is a step backward in securing public
health, or to pull items off of their menus in order to avoid facing fines.

Many observers have also decried the influence of "food police" forcing
their will onto others who might not think like they do. The food industry -
as well as many newspaper editorials and seemingly the entire Internet
blogosphere - has also taken particular issue with how the NYC regulations
were meted out by the Board of Health and not via lawmakers.

Hensley says the industry has "serious legal concerns about a municipal health agency banning a legal ingredient that has already been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. "She notes that the NRA is planning legal action against NYC over its unilateral trans fat ban. But those who support banning trans fats doubt that effort will stop other municipalities
from moving to enact their own prohibitions. "I think we are likely to see
far more of these bans," says John Banzhaf, a law professor at George
Washington University and the executive director of the D.C.-based group Action on Smoking and Health.

In an interview with SNCJ, Banzhaf noted that "it is always difficult to be the first, and New York City is now bearing the brunt of the criticism and, in some cases, the sarcasm for that. But once this goes into effect and people see how well it works, I think you will see it widely copied elsewhere." Banzhaf, who has received worldwide notoriety for decades of successful litigation against the tobacco industry, says trans fats are in many ways "the new tobacco." He also notes that the public's ultimate reaction to efforts to bar trans fats could be greatly impacted by the fact the first significant ban came in New York City rather than Des Moines or, heaven forbid, CALIFORNIA.

"When CALIFORNIA passed the first ban on smoking in public places, everyone had these dire predictions about what would happen. But it worked out just fine, so then we all wondered why the rest of the country didn't follow right along," he says. "But I think the reality is that, quite frankly, most of the country sees CALIFORNIA as being the land of health nuts. But nobody sees New York City as being full of health nuts, so the fact that they did this suggests it could be pretty widely copied."

CONNECTICUT Sen. Roraback also disputes the "food police" moniker, telling SNCJ that "I don't view this as a Big Brother thing, I see it as a major consumer protection issue." Roraback also lauds restaurants for moving away from trans fats, saying that "it is clear the industry is moving in the right direction... Our bill is just intended to accelerate the pace."

Roraback also points out that many states, including CONNECTICUT, are preparing to tackle universal healthcare proposals this
year, an effort he contends should include lawmakers doing everything they
can to protect and improve public health. "If we're going to assume the
costs of providing universal healthcare, which I think we should, don't
we then also have a responsibility to take a hard look at what drives
those costs?"

Whether states actually do copy the NYC plan will not be determined for a while. But even if they do not, the trans fat push could spread nationwide anyway. A number of other major U.S. cities - Los Angeles, Louisville, Chicago, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Cambridge, Boston and Seattle - are already pondering their own trans fat bans or nutrition labeling requirements, a list Banzhaf says is only likely to grow
now that NYC has made the first move. "I realize there is a reflexive
attitude within any industry against government telling them what to
do," he says. "But why should people in New York have better health protection than people in Dallas or Boston?"
- By RICH EHISEN
The state names are capitalized because State Net is a legislative/regulatory information service and its part of their schtick.

Hear the Twitter Patter of Little Tweets.
http://bit.ly/BuffieTweets
Buffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:32 PM   #30
Seth Warren
May she always be True

Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffie View Post
Evolutionary Health Products
Suite 373
369 Montezuma Avenue
Santa Fe, NM 87501-2626

Where are the NM peeps? Does anyone know anything about this address? Is it an actually office park location or is it just a drop box somewhere? It may say "Suite" but that could mean almost anything. Thanks for the info!
A little Googling indicates that the building is a standard office complex with multiple businesses renting/leasing. Here's a map.
Seth Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:20 PM   #31
Buffie
KittyBuffieKat

Location: Kansas City, MO (Most of KC is in Missouri and not Kansas, just FYI.)
Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thanks for the info, Seth. I got nothing back from Clear Channel or OneDay Junk Diet, so I'm going to call XM and ask what their Clear Channel liason had to say and I'm also going to let them know that Clear Channel ignored me. As for the manufacturer, I'm going to send a certified letter and see what happens. ~shrugs~

It looks like it isn't going to go anywhere and Clear Channel doesn't give a shit about their listeners, but at least I can still say that I didn't just try, but I tried really hard. =)

Hear the Twitter Patter of Little Tweets.
http://bit.ly/BuffieTweets
Buffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:24 PM   #32
crazygrad

crazygrad is a member of the 500 clubcrazygrad is a member of the 500 clubcrazygrad is a member of the 500 clubcrazygrad is a member of the 500 clubcrazygrad is a member of the 500 clubcrazygrad is a member of the 500 club

a group of teenage girls got A&F to pull their "bad attitude Ts," which featured slogans like "who needs brains when you have these?" a while ago.

Of course, some folks tried to minimize how offensive some of the slogans were by rumor mongoring that some of the girls in the protest were lesbians (which I guess invalidates the sexism of the slogans to some people).
crazygrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:55 PM   #33
squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions community

It's even more unsettling when you look into what "The Every Other Day Diet" actually is. Basically you only eat every other day, I.e. you're starving yourself half the time. Pretty sure that's at least as unhealthy as being overweight,
if not more so. Gotta admit it does work though, whenever I try to lose weight for some reason *cough* pressure from anti-fat family *cough*, being a super shorty with a physical disability that precludes most forms of exercise, and having the muscle mass and metabolism of a Jello mold, some form of fasting is about the ONLY way I can experience any significant weight loss. It hardcore sucks.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:22 AM   #34
TwoSwords

TwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezablysoft View Post
It's even more unsettling when you look into what "The Every Other Day Diet" actually is. Basically you only eat every other day, I.e. you're starving yourself half the time. Pretty sure that's at least as unhealthy as being overweight,
if not more so. Gotta admit it does work though, whenever I try to lose weight for some reason *cough* pressure from anti-fat family *cough*, being a super shorty with a physical disability that precludes most forms of exercise, and having the muscle mass and metabolism of a Jello mold, some form of fasting is about the ONLY way I can experience any significant weight loss. It hardcore sucks.
I fast sometimes myself, but not to lose weight.
I'm surprised, however, to hear you say that this method works. Eating intermittently has a history of screwing up people's metabolisms.
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:43 PM   #35
squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I have heard that "starvation mode" theory, apparently even plain old dieting can sometimes cause it, hence the practically universal tendency of ppl to gain back all their lost weight plus bonus pounds. Have also heard that this is a myth, for example if it's true, why aren't ppl in Third World nations who are (involuntarily) starving fat?

But at any rate, when your "ideal" weight for your height and your daily calorie needs are much lower than the average dieters, it makes things a bit tougher and changes some rules of the dieting game. For example most nutrition experts advice against ever dropping the daily intake below 1200 calories, but for me 1200 a day theoretically would be maintenance intake for a BMI that's just on the edge between normal and overweight, a weight at which I still look quite flabby and fat due to my height and shape and also low muscle mass producing the "skinny fat" effect.
But the reality is I seem to require even fewer calories than predicted, I can't even seem to lose a pound a month and keep that going with anything over 800 calories a day. I have had a habit of skipping meals off and on since high school though, so I guess it's possible I've already done some metabolic damage to myself.

This becomes an even bigger problem in my case because my appetite is WAY out of proportion to my dietary needs. Last year when I was letting myself eat completely freely with no restrictions, I was easily taking in 3000-4000+ calories each day. So eating somewhere around 1000 calories at a time is what feels best for me, assuming the standard 3 meals a day with the occasional snack. But now if I'm trying to diet, going down to having less all day than I want to have in one meal is most unpleasant. And eating tiny little 200-300 calorie meals that don't come close to satisfying me almost feels worse than just not eating at all, like a tease or something.

So for me the most workable way to diet is to have a period of time when I just try to forget food exists as best I can, then eat a day or two of allotted food at one meal, so at least for a little while after this I feel satisfied. I also try to have this meal as late in the day as possible since 1. Despite everyone saying breakfast is the most important meal and you can't lose weight without it, I find if I start the day by eating I just want to eat all day long and 2. I have trouble falling asleep when I'm hungry, so I like to have my one big satisfying meal in the evening and go to bed full.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:48 AM   #36
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

...that sounds absolutely awful, no offense SqueezablySoft. I'd honestly rather not be alive at all than have to live starving myself. Also, from a health perspective I'd have to agree with TwoSwords that fasting is a bad idea. I'm not gonna go any further into this topic as I had an eating disorder in the past that involved half-starving myself and it made me so ill that I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy and talking about such things is kinda upsetting to me.
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 04:06 PM   #37
squeezablysoft

Sometimes I think I ought to talk to a nutritionist or something, I've brought up the whole weight/diet issue with a couple different doctors but they didn't really seem interested beyond saying I could probably lose a few pounds. Don't know how I'd deal with the part where I actually enjoy and want to be fat, do I even bring that up and if so, how? But my unusual physical difficulties aside, being an F/FA in a fat hating world does tend to lead to a kind of split mind that is difficult to live with. And especially being fat oneself, most especially being a fat female, makes it all super personal and wreaks havoc on your self-image and self-esteem.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:18 PM   #38
TwoSwords

TwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
I have heard that "starvation mode" theory, apparently even plain old dieting can sometimes cause it, hence the practically universal tendency of ppl to gain back all their lost weight plus bonus pounds. Have also heard that this is a myth, for example if it's true, why aren't ppl in Third World nations who are (involuntarily) starving fat?
Well, it's not a myth, first off. There was a young lady I met in a previous job who, according to her, had been about a hundred pounds heavier than she wanted at some point in the past. She struggled to diet with all her might, and as a consequence, experienced this very thing. Nine times. When I first met her, she could not have weighed less than 550 lbs, probably closer to 600 or more, and she told me this was what had led up to it.

Secondly, the reason why this doesn't happen in Third World nations, or other locations where people starve involuntarily is that there's no second "yo" to balance out the first one. Putting it simply, the metabolism is altered by dieting, so that when the person is able to eat normally, it stays altered and absorbs more of what they eat. For a person who has no opportunity to switch back to "plenty" from "little," the process can't even get off the ground.

Quote:
I have had a habit of skipping meals off and on since high school though, so I guess it's possible I've already done some metabolic damage to myself.
That's possible.

Quote:
But now if I'm trying to diet, going down to having less all day than I want to have in one meal is most unpleasant.
I would never even attempt such a thing. Even on fasting days, my lowest intake is slightly under half the amount I would normally eat at meals.

Quote:
And eating tiny little 200-300 calorie meals that don't come close to satisfying me almost feels worse than just not eating at all, like a tease or something.
Very close. The body notices the first bits of food, and from that, expects nourishment, so the stomach starts digesting, but runs out before it can finish the job.

Quote:
So for me the most workable way to diet is to have a period of time when I just try to forget food exists as best I can, then eat a day or two of allotted food at one meal, so at least for a little while after this I feel satisfied. I also try to have this meal as late in the day as possible since 1. Despite everyone saying breakfast is the most important meal and you can't lose weight without it, I find if I start the day by eating I just want to eat all day long and 2. I have trouble falling asleep when I'm hungry, so I like to have my one big satisfying meal in the evening and go to bed full.
I usually have my largest meal at dinner time on my own fasting days as well. However, the sorts of irregular eating habits that you describe are strongly correlated with many health issues (though not as strongly as extreme weight loss is.) That's not my primary reason for not wanting to try them myself, but it's up there. I would encourage you to do further research on this topic before pursuing this course further. You may find that there are many other ways to solve your problems, if any.

For instance, I had blood pressure issues late last year. I switched from soda to seltzer, started going for walks more often, and within three months, my blood pressure was normal. Sometimes, it's not how much you eat, but some other factor that makes the biggest difference.
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote