Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 01-03-2007, 11:22 PM   #1
Deidrababe
Easy, Breezie, Deidrababe

Deidrababe carries a lot of weight on this boardDeidrababe carries a lot of weight on this boardDeidrababe carries a lot of weight on this boardDeidrababe carries a lot of weight on this boardDeidrababe carries a lot of weight on this board
Default Yummy Food pictures from my holidayparty -Yes Houston, it's in here!

As always, my holiday party is always fun and food filled....this year was no exception and the treats were in a plenty!!!!!

A quick looksie at our dessert table - can you believe all these treats???? let me tell you, leftovers were AMAZING!!!!!!

A MOUNTAIN of Little Debbie Snacks created by SuperMishe - AKA Michelle - and in the background, you can see my little snowmen I made. Nutterbutter cookies dipped in white chocolate with Mini-Chips for eyes and buttons, a Peanut Butter Hershey Kiss for a hat and Pretzles for arms. YUM!

This is my famous Hummingbird Cake - I got the recipe from Paula Deen when she was on the Martha Stewart show. It's KIND of like a Carrot Cake, but no carrots - LOL, Bananas, Pinapple, cinnamon and Pecans, LOTS of Pecans - On top too as you can see with home-made Cream Cheese Frosting! Holy CRAP it's good!

This is AnnMarie's AMAZING Cheesecake! Despite it being DROPPED when my dogs jumped all over her when she arrived, we managed to make it look good as new! This is the lightest, fluffiest, yummiest cheesecake ever with Ladyfingers for a crust in a spring foam pan! I think I could eat a VAT of the filling if I had a vat....and a spoon that is!

My Friend Cindy made these - not Cindy G, a Different Cindy, and her chocolate chip peanut butter cup cookies are ALWAYS a hit with Heather especially! The others are pretzles with a Rolo melted on top and topped with a pecan. You can (and I did) eat these like Potato Chips! You can't stop at one!

Enjoy the pictures!

Hugs,

Deidra

Want to know more about me? Read my blog! Come Check out my Facebook Page or My Myspace page! Want MORE Deidra all around? Come to my Yahoo Site! ALL FREE!

Deidra's MySpace Page

Deidra's Facebook Page

Deidrababe's Big Belly Paradise
Deidrababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:28 AM   #2
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Holy moly, Deidra!!! Wow!

I wish you had a closeup of the snowmen cookies.

Everything looks so good! Musta been a great party!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:05 AM   #3
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

What's for dessert?
Old 01-04-2007, 12:25 PM   #4
Deidrababe

Deidrababe carries a lot of weight on this boardDeidrababe carries a lot of weight on this boardDeidrababe carries a lot of weight on this boardDeidrababe carries a lot of weight on this boardDeidrababe carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
Holy moly, Deidra!!! Wow!

I wish you had a closeup of the snowmen cookies.

Everything looks so good! Musta been a great party!
I wish I had a close up of those snowmen too..... :-( I guess I should have taken pictures BEFORE Stephen got to them! LOL

I guess that means I'll have to make more! Sigh....LOLOLOLOL

Want to know more about me? Read my blog! Come Check out my Facebook Page or My Myspace page! Want MORE Deidra all around? Come to my Yahoo Site! ALL FREE!

Deidra's MySpace Page

Deidra's Facebook Page

Old 01-04-2007, 12:27 PM   #5
Deidrababe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santaclear View Post
What's for dessert?

You know what's funny, is every year when I have my party, it's totally 100% potluck...people stress out like you wouldn't believe and they worry SO much over what to bring......My quote is always the same....

"If we end up with 27 pans of brownies, oh well, we will survive!"

XOXOXO

Deed

Deidra's MySpace Page

Deidra's Facebook Page

Old 01-04-2007, 01:00 PM   #6
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

OMG that all looks SO SO SO good I want to eat christmas cookies all over again.
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:04 PM   #7
Deidrababe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsexy920 View Post
OMG that all looks SO SO SO good I want to eat christmas cookies all over again.
Oh Sweetie....I should have brough you some!!!!!!

Next time you come north, I'll make cookies!!!!

XOXOXO

Deeds

Deidra's MySpace Page

Deidra's Facebook Page

Old 01-04-2007, 01:15 PM   #8
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Sounds like a plan.
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:37 PM   #9
BBWTexan
Speak No Evil

BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

So, THAT'S the magical cheesecake you ladies were telling me about.

I expect to find my invite in the mail next year, Deidra!
BBWTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:02 PM   #10
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deidrababe View Post
"If we end up with 27 pans of brownies, oh well, we will survive!"

XOXOXO

Deed
Love that response! I'm a desert nut and everything on that table looks delicious.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:25 PM   #11
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

That all looks so good! I love sweets....... what are these?
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:33 PM   #12
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

yay, my cheesecake!!! It lives on in pictures.

Man that's a great cheesecake, I may have to make one again before long. Great thing is it's just as much a summer dessert as winter, it's very versatile.

Thanks for sharing the pics, Deeds, brings me right back to picking at that treats table.

Old 01-06-2007, 06:34 PM   #13
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWTexan View Post

Once again, something that would have "house bound" potential if you lived around here.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:10 AM   #14
Deidrababe

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoCynth View Post
That all looks so good! I love sweets....... what are these?

These things were like little Moon Pie whoo whoos. LOL, that's the best way I can TRY and describe them. A graham craker baske a HUGE mound of Marshmallow and the whole thing covered in Chocolate! YUM!

Deidra's MySpace Page

Deidra's Facebook Page

Old 01-09-2007, 08:11 AM   #15
Deidrababe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isa View Post
Love that response! I'm a desert nut and everything on that table looks delicious.
Well Dessert Nut...LOL, I will have to add you to the list for next year too!!!!

XOXOX

Deeds

Deidra's MySpace Page

Deidra's Facebook Page

Old 01-09-2007, 08:12 AM   #16
Deidrababe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWTexan View Post

If you will come, you will be invited!!!! No doubt!

XOXOX

Deeds

Deidra's MySpace Page

Deidra's Facebook Page

Old 01-09-2007, 12:25 PM   #17
GPL

GPL has super-sized repGPL has super-sized repGPL has super-sized repGPL has super-sized rep

Question:
Did you girls eat everything on that table?
Must have brought some fullfilled tummies in the end. Anyone need a bellyrub? lol

GPL.

Avatar used with Tina's permission, ty Tina!
GPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 03:46 PM   #18
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Oh.My.Gawd. (!!!)

Everything looks yummy!
Old 01-09-2007, 05:19 PM   #19
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

Ummm recipes would be nice *HINT* lol
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:28 AM   #20
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
Ummm recipes would be nice *HINT* lol
I'll post my cheesecake recipe soon... have to get the "official" list of ingredients rather than doing it the lazy way and saying "I think it's...."

Old 01-10-2007, 12:54 AM   #21
Dark_Hart

Dark_Hart carries a lot of weight on this boardDark_Hart carries a lot of weight on this boardDark_Hart carries a lot of weight on this boardDark_Hart carries a lot of weight on this boardDark_Hart carries a lot of weight on this boardDark_Hart carries a lot of weight on this board

yummy yummy loooooks delicious

can I have some please
Dark_Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:03 AM   #22
Deidrababe

Default Hummingbird Cake Recipe

For the Cake:
Nonstick vegetable spray

All-purpose flour, for pans

3 cups self-rising flour - YOU MUST use the self rising flour! Trust me!

2 cups granulated sugar

3/4 cup vegetable oil

1/2 cup finely chopped pecans

2 very ripe large bananas, mashed

One 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, with juice

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

4 large eggs, beaten

For the frosting:

Two 1-pound box confectioners' sugar

Two 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature

12 tablespoons (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened

2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

2 tablespoon half and half or cream, or more if needed

1. Preheat oven to 325. Spray and flour three 8-by-2-inch round cake pans, tapping out excess flour; set aside. (you can use two 9 inch cake pans)

2. Prepare the cake; in a large bowl, stir to combine self-rising flour, sugar, oil, pecans, bananas, pineapple, vanilla, cinnamon, and eggs.

3. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans, smoothing with an offset spatula. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, until the tops spring back when gently pressed with your fingertips, 26 to 28 minutes.

4. Transfer pans to a wire rack to cool 10 minutes. Invert cakes onto wire rack. Re-invert cakes and let them cool completely, top sides up.

5. Prepare the frosting; in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine sugar, cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon milk on medium speed until frosting is smooth. If needed, add more milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to achieve the proper spreading consistency.

Deidra's MySpace Page

Deidra's Facebook Page

Last edited by SoVerySoft; 01-10-2007 at 06:27 PM. Reason: fixed the butter measurement
Old 01-10-2007, 08:08 AM   #23
Deidrababe

Default Snowman and Pecan Pretzle things Recipe

For the Snowmen:

Nutterbutter cookies
White Chocolate
Pretzle Sticks
MINI-chocolate chips
Orange GEL Cake Decorating tube thing
Hershey Kisses any kind...I used Peanut Butter.

Melt the white chocolate and dip the Nutterbutter cookies in and when they come out, put them on Wax or Parchment paper -

Immediately, put mini chips to make eyes and buttons down his front. NO MOUTH - dip pretzles in chocolate and "glue" to sides of snowman for arms, dip Kiss in chocolate at the bottom and then "glue" it to the top of the snowman's head and then use the orange gel tube stuff and dot on a carrot nose.

Presto - You're done.

BE CAREFUL when storing them. Many of my snowmen became amputees and lost limbs!

__________________________________________________ ______

Pretzle nubbie things;

Bag of SQUARE flat pretzle things
Rolos Candy
Whole Pecans

Lay out a crap load of pretzle squares on a baking sheet lined with parchement or wax paper.

Put an unwrapped rolo on each one

Put in 325 oven for 3 min.

Remove, Stick Pecan in the Rolo and press down.

Poof. You're done.

Deidra's MySpace Page

Deidra's Facebook Page

Old 01-10-2007, 10:35 AM   #24
DeniseW
Fat don't crack!!

DeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Butch and I loved your cake, it was yummy!!!
DeniseW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:54 AM   #25
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deidrababe View Post
For the Cake:
Nonstick vegetable spray

All-purpose flour, for pans

3 cups self-rising flour - YOU MUST use the self rising flour! Trust me!

2 cups granulated sugar

3/4 cup vegetable oil

2 very ripe large bananas, mashed

One 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, with juice

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

4 large eggs, beaten

For the frosting:

Two 1-pound box confectioners' sugar

Two 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature

12 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, softened

2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

2 tablespoon half and half or cream, or more if needed

1. Preheat oven to 325. Spray and flour three 8-by-2-inch round cake pans, tapping out excess flour; set aside. (you can use two 9 inch cake pans)

2. Prepare the cake; in a large bowl, stir to combine self-rising flour, sugar, oil, pecans, bananas, pineapple, vanilla, cinnamon, and eggs.

3. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans, smoothing with an offset spatula. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, until the tops spring back when gently pressed with your fingertips, 26 to 28 minutes.

4. Transfer pans to a wire rack to cool 10 minutes. Invert cakes onto wire rack. Re-invert cakes and let them cool completely, top sides up.

5. Prepare the frosting; in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine sugar, cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon milk on medium speed until frosting is smooth. If needed, add more milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to achieve the proper spreading consistency.

Deidra - 3/4 of a stick of butter is 6 tablespoons - can you confirm how much we should use? I want to make this cake!! Thanks!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote